Goodbye Privacy pt 1

Sun Love

Author's POV 

2 weeks after the press conference... 

RRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGG 

Dara turned around and reached for her phone. She glanced at the clock and it says 6:00. Aissshhhh who the hell is calling me at this hour? "Yoboseo?"she answered with a hoarse voice. "Is this Ms. Dara Park?" the voice said on the other line. "Yes who is this?" Dara asked sleepily. "This is from KBS. We would like to invite you for an interview in one of our shows?"the voice said. "I'm sorry, I've said this a thousand times before but I do not want to. Now, if you don't have anything else to say I will now go back to sleep."Dara said sounding pissed hanging up. 


After about 5 minutes her mobile rang again. 

"Yoboseo?"she answered. "Hi this is from SBS Network, Ms. Dara, we would like to-"the voice hasn't finished with what they are saying when Dara ended the call and went back to sleep. 

She tried to go back to sleep again but then her mobile rang again. 

"CAN'T I GET A DECENT SLEEP!?!?! I TOLD YOU FOR SO MANY TIMES I DO NOT WANT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!" Dara screamed on the phone even before the caller got to say something. "YAH! WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT YOUR OWN FATHER?"YG said on the other line. "Oh- Appa. Biyane. I've been getting calls from different network asking me for an interview." Dara said sitting up on the side of the bed. 

"That's why I called it seems you turning them down makes them have a wrong impression. Let's have a meeting in the office at 7:30."YG said hanging up. "What?!- Appa? Yoboseo? AISH!!!" Dara said throwing her phone on the bed. She was about to stand up when her mobile rang again. 

"Yoboseo?"she asked without even looking at the caller id. "Hey," Yongbae said on the other line. Dara's heartbeat stopped for a bit. "Hey."she answered. "How are you?"Yongbae asked her. "I'm fine. I'm headed to the office in a while Appa wants to talk to me."Dara answered back. Both fell silent afterwards, after the press conference Dara became distant to him. "Yongbae, I have to get ready..."she said softly. "It's ok I just wanted to hear your voice anyways."Yongbae said then ended the call. 

Dara sighed as she placed her mobile on the bed. 


-flashback- 

Dara and Yongbae are in the balcony of Dara's suite, it was a few hours after the press conference everyone else had personal time when Yongbae asked Dara if they could talk. They ended up being quiet for a whole 30 minutes and just sat there and stared at the buildings. 

"Yongbae... I don't think..." Dara broke her silence only Yongbae was shaking his head when he realized what Dara was about to say. "Ani. Don't say that. Don't just give up like that. Let's just let things cool down for awhile and then we will see."Yongbae said holding Dara's hand. 

" I just had you back Dara let's not do this. Please."Yongbae said holding Dara's hand and placing it on his cheeks. "Yongbae -ah think about your members. Think about GD and Daesung, after what they've gone through do you think Big Bang needs another issue?  Let's not kid ourselves Yongbae, if you think about it I have to go back to my work in Manila soon. What will happen then? Let's just end it now so that it won't hurt more."Dara said trying to act casually. 

Yongbae stared at Dara not believing what he was hearing. "Doesn't matter if we end it before it even started Dara, the pain is the same." he said standing up. "I will do everything to make you change your mind. I let you have your way before I don't think I can do that again now."Yongbae said before leaving Dara alone. 

-end of flashback- 

A soft tap on the door snapped her back to reality. 

She checked who it was  and saw Bom in front of her room with Sohee. "Did your dad call you?"Bom asked as soon as Dara opened her door. Dara nodded and walked towards her room. "I'm just going to take a shower. Did you eat your breakfast already?"Dara asked looking at Sohee. "Not yet. Let's just grab something to eat on the way."Sohee answered reading a magazine. 

Dara went inside her bedroom and as soon as they heard her bathroom door close Sohee placed the magazine down and faced Bom. "She sure looks ok to me." Bom sat down on the couch across Sohee. "You know Dara, she doesn't like showing her feelings. She likes to act strong and all."Bom answered. "I don't get it what's the big deal it's not like they were dating already." Sohee said opening the magazine again. 

"Those two love each other infinitely, but Dara..."Bom tried to finish her sentence but then just sighed. "What is it Bom? Why is Dara so hesitant with Yongbae? If she loves him why not just be with him period?"Sohee asked. "Sohee it's not that easy."Bom insisted. "What's so hard about being with the guy you love?" Sohee answered back. 

Bom shook her head while standing up and walking towards the window. "Suppose Dara agrees to be in a relationship with Yongbae. What happens when we go back to Manila? What happens when they go on tour? You think Dara will quit her work and stay here? She hates it here remember? Much more now that her face is all over the news." 

Sohee mouthed an "Oh" and felt sad when she realized what her friend was going through. "We may never understand why Dara is doing this but that kid she takes care of everyone before herself. She will never decide on something if she knew that it will harm the people around her. When Top and I broke up I was too young and stupid and acted on impulse. I decided to study abroad to be far away from here. For me, there were too many sad memories here. Dara went abroad because she wanted them to succeed. If she had stayed Yongbae would've given up on Big Bang." Bom explained. 

"Dara will never show us that she's hurting. She doesn't want her dad to see her that way. She doesn't want Jiyong to feel that way and most especially she doesn't want Yongbae to see her like that. Growing up it may look that we were all protective of her because she was the princess in the family but the truth is she was the one protecting all of us."Bom continued sighing. "Is that why you were hesistant when Yongbae asked us for help?"Sohee asked approaching her and placing a hand on Bom's shoulder. 

"You know how stubborn that girl is. Once she's decided there's no turning her back. If Yongbae pushes her to her limits all hell will break lose and he may never see her again ever."Bom explained. "I don't like where this is heading Bom, this is sounding like a very sad story."Sohee said shaking her head. 

They heard the bathroom door open and Dara came out already dressed and ready to go. "Let's go?" she asked grabbing her back that was on the counter and headed her way out. Bom and Sohee looked at each other and sighed. "What's wrong?"Dara asked looking at them both. "Nothing. Let's go."Sohee said walking out of the door.