Chapter 11 - Untold reasons

Sun Love

 

Dara's POV 
 
It's been 2 weeks since the accident, the boys are still in Japan. Top Oppa was cleared last week and he went to Japan to join the group. Bom Unnie insisted on going with him. I really don't know what's going on with them but since I'm doing mine's and Bom's job for our project I've been really really exhausted these past few days preparing.
 
RRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG my mobile rang. Aish. Who could be calling at this hour? If this is my dad I'm really gonna have a fit. "Yoboseo?" I said in a sleepy voice. There was silence on the other end. "Yoboseo?" I said again. "I miss you." the voice on the other side said. I smiled, I miss you too Yongbae. I was about to answer but the voice started talking again. "When are you coming back here in the Philippines hon?" the voice said. 
 
My eyes grew wide open. Yonghwa I told myself. "Yonghwa?" I asked. "Were you expecting someone else?" he asked on the other line. I couldn't answer. "No, it's just that...How'd you get my number?" I asked. "A friend from your office gave it." he replied. I'm guessing he flirted his way to one of our staffs. 
 
"Yonghwa it's late, and I'm tired. I really want to go to sleep now."I said coldly. "Don't you miss me? Don't you miss us?" he asked suddenly. My heart stopped, I can feel my heart hurting. "There's no us anymore Yonghwa, we broke up months ago remember?" I answered sounding really annoyed. "I know, and I'm sorry, I realized I shouldn't have let you go." he said sounding regretful.
 
"Well, it's too late for that now. I'm sorry Yonghwa I have to go." I said hanging up. I went back to sleep, at least I tried to. I tossed and turned and then my mobile rang again. I didn't answer anymore, It's freaking 3am! let me sleep! I told myself. My mobile rang again, and again, and I finally gave up on the 3rd call attempt and answered it. "I told you I don't want to talk anymore." I said in an annoyed voice. "Baby girl? It's Yongbae" the voice on the other line said. 
 
"You ok?"he said. I stayed silent for a few seconds, if fate was playing with me right now it's really not funny. "Yoboseo? Dara? It's Yongbae." he said sounding worried. "Yeah, sorry people at work kept bugging me." I lied. "Poor baby girl, I told you not to be so workaholic." he said. I smiled, even his voice is warm, but why is he calling at 3am? My heart stopped again, did something happen again? 
 
"Yongbae, did something happen again? Are you alright? Is Top Oppa ok? Is Bom alright?" I suddenly asked worrying. "Relax babe, everything's fine. I just... we got home late from rehearsals and I couldn't sleep and I wanted to hear your voice so badly."he said. Omo! I think I'm about to faint. "I miss you too."I blurted out. WHAT?!?! Where did that come from? So much for being cool. 
 
We were silent for a few minutes. "I wanna see you babe."he said sounding upset. "Yongbae ah! focus! I told you my decision hasn't changed right?" I tried to change the mood. "I know babe. I'm still willing to wait. I just really wanna see you." he sighed. I felt sorry for Yongbae, I can just imagine his boyish look and pouting whenever he wants to do something.
 
I started to feel guilty, him calling this late must mean he really couldn't sleep. "Let's take it slow. ok?" I told him. "Ok." he said sounding disappointed. "Hey, 
sleep now ok? The sooner you finish your promotions there, the sooner you can go back here and then we'll start working on the project and then you can see me everyday" I said trying to comfort him. 
 
The Yongbae in front of the camera is different in reality.  On camera he's a cool person who loves to dance and who looks like a player. In reality he is like a shy kid trapped in a man's body. "I'll watch your broadcast tomorrow at our cable tv ok?"I added. "Ok. See you soon baby girl." he said hanging up. 
 
Ahhh Dara, take it slow... I closed my eyes but I was still smiling until I fell asleep. 
 
 
 
 
Yongbae's POV 
 
-Flashback- 
 
... December last year Dara and Bom were in Korea for the holidays... 
 
"Yongbae, I'm confused. I want to but..." Dara said looking at me.  We were in a restaurant having dinner trying to talk things out. "But what? What's stopping you Dara? I'm here now. You wanted me to be here and I'm here now. What's lacking still?" I asked trying to calm down. She just looked outside the window. 
 
"Your fans, the boys, Appa." she said, I'm starting to get pissed with all these excuses. "What do they have to do with us? My fans if they really love me they will love you too. The boys, they will support us. If you want to hide it we will and they will help. Sajangnim I can talk to him, man to man just please tell me what you want." I begged. 
 
"I do have feelings for you Yongbae, but I just don't know if these feelings are stong enough to withstand what lies ahead for us. If we hide it and I see you performing with other girls, or news linking you with other girls I don't know if I can handle that." she explained. "If we don't work out, what would be the atmosphere like between you and Jiyong? 
 
Worse what it would be like for you and Appa?" she added. "How will you know Dara if we won't try?" I said sounding hurt. I tried so hard not to show 
how I really feel but it seems tonight I won't be able to restrain myself. "I'm not sure about that... I ..." she hesitated and I just stared out at the window. The things that comes when you're an idol, the things you need to protect. Aishhh 
 
"How about we just take it day by day." she said. Finally, something out from her. "If we come to the point that ahh... this is it... then we decide. If one of us feels pressured or unsure then we just drop it. No commitments. If one feels like dating someone else then it's ok.  " she explained. I looked at her, I just want her to be mine, but I can't push my luck. 
 
I stared at her eyes and just nodded."Yongbae this doesn't mean I'm coming back here. I have a life there that I like." she continued. I sighed and just nodded. 
 
-end of flashback-
 
I felt a twitch on my chest recalling the events last year. After that dinner, I went home thinking that I have to win her. The following day I tried calling her but her mobile was off. When I went to our office Jiyong told me that Dara and Bom was called back by their office and needed to go back to Manila. After that we just lost touch again. 
 
After a few months I heard she met someone but then that didn't work out either. "Hyung! Guess what? Guess what?" Seungri said hovering over me. "AISH! Maknae! Don't you know how to knock?" I scolded him for just barging in my room. "Hyung! I knocked before I came in. Didn't you hear me?" Seungri stared at me blankly. "Are you thinking about Dara Noona too much you don't even notice what's happening around you?" he teased.
 
"YOU BRAT!" I said trying to reach him to give him a slap. "What were you gonna tell me anyways?" I asked. "HYUNG! SNSD is here in Japan! You wanna meet up?" he asked me with his eyes sparkling so brightly."YAH! SEUNGRI! IF DARA NOONA FINDS OUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING SHE'S GONNA KICK YOUR AS$!" Daesung shouted from the other room. "YAH! We're just meeting up Hyung! Besides Yongbae Hyung will just be my wingman!" Seungri shouted beside me.
 
Just then my mobile rang. "Yoboseo?"I answered. "Put me on speaker."Dara said from the other line. I pressed the loudspeaker "Yoboseo?" I said again. Seungri was looking at me, Daesung was peeking from the doorway. "Seungri-ah!" Dara called making Seungri stand up and just stare at my phone. "Are you taking Yongbae Oppa out?"she asked.
 
Daesung was holding his laugh from the doorway and I just smiled looking at Seungri. "A-A-Ani... Noona. We were just hanging out here at their room." he lied looking startled. "Aaaahhhh I thought you're taking Yongbae to meet up with Girls Generation. I guess I'm wrong. Biyane for thinking that way." Dara said making Seungri place his hand over his mouth. 
 
"HOW DID SHE?" Seungri whispered to me. Daesung was already holding his stomach from holding his laugh. "Oppa?" she then called for me. "Come home soon ok?"she said sweetly. My heartbeat raced. "Arasso." I replied not being able to restrain my wide smile. "And Maknae?" she called Seungri again who is now afraid to even go near me.
 
"Yes Noona?"he said nervously. "Wherever you are, whatever you do, I know."she said then ended the call. Seungri was seriously looking scared but Daesung and I couldn't help but laugh. "YAH! You're forgetting who Dara Noona's Appa is? That Noona has sixth sense!" Daesung teased.
 
Then I recieved a text message saying "Bom called me a few minutes ago to tell me how annoying Maknae is asking Top and Jiyong to meet GG. I knew he was gonna ask you too I wanted to scare him =)" I smiled. Cute. Just then Jiyong entered our dorm. 
 
"Have you heard? We're not going back to Korea yet, we're extended here for another week." Jiyong said sitting on the couch. Aisshhhh I wanna go home already. "Hyung! Let's meet with the girls!" Seungri insisted.
 
"YAH! We're talking shut up!" I snapped at Seungri. "Why?" I asked Jiyong. Daesung placed a plate full of fruits in front of us. "I think we got a new CF here plus some shows still wants us to do guestings before we start the tour."Jiyong explained.
 
"What about Dara Noona and her project?" Daesung asked looking at me. "Well, I think Appa is requesting for them to be extended too." Jiyong answered. "Oh ok." I replied. I was really disappointed I wanted to see my Dara now. 
 
"Ok now that it's settled can we now see the girls?!?!?!" Seungri blurted out again. GD and I started throwing pillows at him and we started playing like little boys playfully punching each other and running around the small living room.
 
"YAH!!!!!! I JUST FINISHED CLEANING!!!!" Daesung shouted.
 
 
 
Author's POV
 
-flashback-
 
"We will tell her now." Dara's mother told YG who was speechless and nervous. He knows after this conversation his daughter will hate him and it might be the last time he'll see her. "Dara, let's go down to the living area. Your dad and I has something to tell you."she told Dara. "Bom, you come too." she told Bom who was studying on her bed. 
 
Dara's mother and YG sat across from her and Bom. "Dara, your Dad and I have decided to separate." Dara's mom said bluntly. YG bowed his head and couldn't look at his daughter. "I am leaving, we have grown apart. I am not happy anymore, I am moving out and we wanted to talk to you and tell you about this. You decide to whom you want to stay." she said looking at her daughter stared at her blankly. Tears were flowing from Bom's eyes.
 
"Omma, Don't do this. Stay, we will fix this. I will help you guys fix this." Dara said calmly. YG raised his head and stared amazingly at his daughter. He was wondering why she wasn't crying or screaming or getting mad. "Ani, I tried to fix it. I tried my best Dara but it's just not working anymore. I can't handle the late hours, I can't handle the issues. I tried to understand how running a company can consume your time but it's just too much for me" she explained. +
 
Dara stared at her mother, "Is that your reason Omma for leaving? You're leaving because the company is taking too much of his time? IS THAT IT?" Dara said standing up. "You're too young to understand Dara. Everything piled up and I'm just... we're not happy anymore." her mom explained. "You're lying." Dara said looking coldly at her mother. "DARA!" her mom said looking shocked at what Dara said.
 
"You said the company was taking too much of Appa's time, you said you can't handle the late hours, the issues. You said you tried your best, but you're lying." Dara said her voice cold. "Dara clam down." Bom said tugging her cousin to sit down. "Ani, Unnie I want to say this. You say you're not happy anymore, that we can't understand you. Did you try to understand Appa? I don't think you did. If you did then you'll be able to handle the late hours, the issues, the days spent in the office." Bom, YG and Dara's mom are now staring at her.  
 
"That company is Dad's love next to our family. His passion for music and talent for seeing other people's gift is what built that company. If you have thought about Dad you would understand that. During those late nights did you try to go to the office and be with him instead? You didn't. You got caught up with all the jealousy of not being in his attention you forgot about even the simple things!" Dara said raising her voice at her mother. "Dara. Enough." YG said standing up and walking towards his daughter's side. 
 
"You can leave if you want to."Dara said coldly. Bom, who was now crying buckets of tears raised her head in surprise. Dara's mom stood up and couldn't believe what she heard. "You... Dara..." her mother said trying to find the words. "Omma, I told you awhile ago I asked you to stay and that we will fix it. You said you don't want to. I am your daughter and I asked you and you said no. If you weren't thinking about yourself then you would've thought that our family was worth one more try." Dara said holding her dad's hand. 
 
"You don't understand..." her mother said. "Yes, I am too young to understand. That's why I'm telling you if you want to go then go." Dara said turning her back from her mother and went up to her room leaving the three in awe of what just happened.
-end of flashback-
 
 
YG's POV
RRRRRRIIINNNNG my mobiile rang. "Yoboseo?" I answered.
 
"The boys will be extended for another week here Sajangnim. They got a CF shoot and other shows wants them to guest before their world tour." Big Bang's manager said over the phone. "That's the last extension ok? They have commitments with Dara's company, I don't want them thinking we're ignoring them because Dara is the head." I explained.
 
The truth is if Dara gets mad and throws a fit no one would be able to handle it, even Jiyong won't be able to go near her. Oh yeah, there's Yongbae.
 
 
-flashback-
"Yongbae, lately you've been really sad. You kept isolating yourself after your performances. What's wrong." I asked.I called him in my office because the members and their managers have been really concerned with him lately. "I'm ok Sajangnim, I guess I'm just tired lately." he said.
 
"Since you say you're ok, I'll be the one to tell you something. When Dara was young you all know that her Omma left us."I said, Yongbae raised his head, I now have his attention. "The day that my ex-wife told Dara about leaving I thought I'd be all alone. My ex-wife gathered us together with Bom at the living room. After her Omma explained what has been happening and that she decided to leave I waited for Dara to cry, or to get mad at me.
 
Dara was only 14 years old then, but the way she talked to her mother it was like she was a full grown woman. Never did I see her cry over that or any other incident that happened. Later on, Bom told me that Dara thinks if she cries and I see it I will feel guilty and be sad." I explained looking at Yongbae who is 
now listening carefully.
 
"Sajangnim, why are you telling me this all of a sudden." Yongbae asked me curiously. "I know why you are sad Yongbae. I felt that sadness years ago when she left me. You see, Dara never cried, no matter how disappointing an event can get she will always smile and think the positive side. Except when it comes to you." I looked at Yongbae who is attentively listening to every word I'm saying. 
 
"The first time I saw her cry was when she learned that she had feelings for you. Bom was already in Sydney that time and she called her up and cried over the phone the whole night. I wanted to go inside her room but I just thought she would feel awkward about it. You see Yongbae, Dara wanted you to succeed. She wanted you to be dance, and sing and share your talents to the world. She remembered her mother and how she left us when she couldn't take it anymore. She got scared that she would turn into her mother if in case things got crazy. That's why she decided that you and her live your own lives for awhile and if fate decides that it was the two of you really then she'll try."I continued my story Yongbae's eyes are now turning red he's holding back the tears.
 
"Yongbae, I am telling you this so that you'll understand her. I like you. You're a nice kid, all this years I've never seen you go out and ask someone out ever since you confessed to me and begged to bring Dara back. Don't lose your focus. If you do, everything she has done would lost its purpose. Did you get it?" I asked him, his head bowed down and nodding.
 
"Sajangnim... ever since it was only her." he said in a whisper. "I know." I said giving him a pat on the back. Yongbae stood up and started to walk towards the door.
 
"Yongbae, one more thing." I said before he opens the door. "Never make her cry." I warned him. I don't know where that came from, I guess my father instincts came over me.
 
"I never planned too." Yongbae said and walked out the door.
-end of flashback-
 
 
"Sajangnim" Jong Kook knocked on my door and entered. "Yes?" I said. "Yonghwa, the ex-boyfriend of Little Miss. He's here, in Korea, I believe he is looking for her."he reported. I raised my head and looked at my bodyguard with a concerned look. 
 
I got my phone and dialed a number "Yoboseo?"the person from the other line answered. "Let's meet up."I said standing up and walked out the door.