The Right Choice

Sun Love

 

 
“Alright sis. Let’s go!” Nich grabbed his sister, winked at Top and they started dancing. 
 
This is your last dance Top tomorrow she will be mine and you will just be part of her past. Nich thought to himself. 
 
“Ei, you ok Nich?” Yoona asked sensing something’s bothering her sister. 
 
“Yeah of course.” Nich smiled pinching his sisters nose. 
 
--- 
 
 
“Holy !” Seungri exclaimed while he and CL went to YG family’s table where everyone is staring at Top and Bom dancing. 
 
“Bet you 5 bucks they won’t be able to finish the song.” Teddy nudged Kush while Se7en gave his sit to Gummy and stood beside the two. 
 
“Nah 10 bucks says they will.” Kush said shaking his head. 
 
“Bet you 20 bucks they won’t finish the song cause someone will intervene.” Se7en joined in while Gummy and CL shook their heads in disbelief. 
 
“How can you bet on something like this? You guys are cruel!” Gummy scolded the boys. 
 
 
--- 
 
 
“Hey Bommie, why the sad face? Am I that of a bad dancer?” Top asked holding Bom’s chin and raising it up so they can look eye to eye. 
 
“Ani. You were actually dancing great awhile ago. You were even twirling and dipping and bumping and grinding.” Bom said pouting 
 
Top chuckled. He then twirled Bom away from him and then twirled her back towards him, their faces an inch away from each other, and dipped her the way he did to Yoona. 
 
“It’s just a dance Bom. Besides you were also having fun and it’s not like it’s any of each other’s business.” Top said but paused realizing what he just said. 
 
“Uhm.. I mean..” he said looking at Bom’s eyes which are now filling up with tears. “Bommie, don’t! you know what I meant.” 
 
Bom shook her head and tried her best for her tears not to fall. Yongbae and Dara realized what’s going to happen so the two approached them. 
 
“Hey Noona! How about a dance with me?” Yongbae said tapping Bom from the back and reaching out his hand. 
 
 Top didn’t want to let go of her yet so he tightened his hold on her hips but Bom reached up and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Biyane Tabi. Biyane.” She whispered before removing her arms on his shoulder. 
 
“Oppa, let’s dance?” Dara said smiling at Top who in return reached for her hand and the two started dancing. 
 
“You ok Noona?” Yongbae asked and with that the tears started to flow. “Noona, don’t cry.” 
 
Top saw that Bom was now leaning her head on Yongbae’s shoulder and she was crying. He was about to approach her but Dara pulled him away. “Oppa, not your job to do. Let her be.” 
 
Top sighed and he knew Dara was right. He just wished he could at least comfort her even as a friend. Even if it’s eating him inside seeing her so happy with Nichkhun. 
 
“Oppa, I think I need some air, want to join me for a moment and walk by the sea wall?” Dara said pulling Top to go outside by the seawall. 
 
“Hey Yongbae I know we’ll be relatives and all but you didn’t have to make my queen cry.” Nich said intervening. 
 
“Ahh No. I just told Noona how thankful I am to her for helping me and Dara out and how I will miss her and how she takes care of us and she.. uhmm” Yongbae said trying to cover up while Bom wiped her face from the tears. 
 
“It’s ok Nich, I just got emotional with what Yongbae told me.” Bom told her fiancée smiling a little. 
 
“Oh, How about we rest for awhile?” Nich asked and Bom nodded and followed him to their table. 
 
-- 
 
 
“Whew! That was close.” Yongbae said as he high-fived Seungri. 
 
The whole YG family are now huddled up in one table and the boys are now taking out their payments. 
 
“You just had to intervene Yongbae didn’t you?” Teddy said shaking his head. 
 
Seungri was jumping up and down and laughing. “ I won! I won!” 
 
“You made a bet out of them!” Dara exclaimed. Seungri stood frozen and they turned around to see Dara with her hands on her hips and looked pissed. 
 
“Hey babe thought you guys went out?” Yongbae asked 
 
“Top Oppa wanted to be alone so I went back to look for you only to find out what these jerks did!” Dara said sounding annoyed and pinching Seungri’s cheeks. 
 
“AAAhhhhh Noona!!! Biyane!!!” Seungri screamed. 
 
 
 
 
-- 
 
It was already 10:30pm the party ended early so that everyone can get enough sleep before the big day tomorrow. The whole gang was inside Bom’s suite bonding. Nichkhun and Bom were by the couch watching Top, Minzy and Psy do a dance showdown while Dara and Yongbae are dancing while being the DJ’s. Se7en, Tablo, Jinu and Sean are playing cards while YG is laughing at Se7en who is whining about being cheated. Teddy was walking around the room recording a video of the gang. 
 
“I never knew Top was such a funny guy I always saw him as a serious person.”Nichkhun told Bom who was laughing so hard because Top was imitating Michael Jackson’s moonwalk. 
 
“No. that’s just in front of the camera. When it’s just us he was always goofing around that’s why he was named Bingoo Top because of all the stupid things he was doing.” Bom explained. 
 
“Wow, your company is really like a family huh?” Nichkhun said looking at his fiancée. 
 
Bom suddenly stopped laughing and looked at her family.  It was just like when they were young, they would hang out at their house or sometimes at the studio and just goof around until YG gets pissed and send them all out. Now, they have all grown up going on different directions and Bom, well she will be here in Manila with her new family. Suddenly she felt sad at the thought of being far from there or even just Dara. 
 
“Hey.” Nich said wrapping his one arm around her shoulders. “Why the sad face.” 
 
“I don’t know. I suddenly missed them.” Bom said bowing his head. 
 
“Hey don’t worry, we’ll visit them.” Nich said comforting his fiancée. 
 
“Promise?” Bom said facing Nich. 
 
“Of course we will! We have to show Uncle his grandchildren don’t we?” Nich said smiling at her warmly. 
 
“Oh, yeah.” Bom said blushing at the thought of having kids. 
 
“Hey, I love you ok? Your happiness is my happiness.” He said holding Bom’s chin with his free hand. 
 
“This.”he continued pointing at the chaotic scene in front of them. “If this is your happiness then I’ll give it to you.” 
 
Bom smiled and kissed her fiancée on the cheek. “I love you too hon, so much that I’m always ready to give up everything, even my own happiness just for you.” 
 
Nich froze and looked at Bom. Suddenly he felt a short pang in his chest and he doesn’t understand why. 
 
“Never do that ok? Never give up your happiness because of me. I won’t be able to live knowing you’re doing something you don’t like just because you want me to be happy. Promise me ok?” Nich said looking straight into Bom’s eyes, his eyes suddenly filled with anger. 
 
“Hon? What’s wrong why are you suddenly like that?” Bom asked getting confused. 
 
Nich realizing his gripping his hold on Bom’s shoulder sighed. “Nothing just promise me ok?” 
 
Bom smiled and kissed him on the lips. “Ok, I promise. Now, you have to go. It’s bad luck for us to see each other before the wedding. And it’s nearing midnight. Go!” 
 
Nich kissed her on the lips again before standing up and bidding everyone goodnight.  Soon, one by one the rest of the gang left except for YG who wanted to Bom for a little longer. 
 
 
 
 
“So, you excited?” YG asked as the two of them sat on the chairs by the suite’s balcony. 
 
Bom didn’t answer and just shrugged.  After about 15 minutes of silence Bom finally spoke up.
 
 
“Uncle, you think I’m doing the right thing? You think I’m ready for marriage?” 
 
“I won’t be able to answer that for you Bommie. You are the only one who can answer your question. Why did you say yes in the first place? What made you think you want to marry Nich?”  YG asked facing Bom. 
 
“Because after Seunghyun he was the only one who made my heart beat again. He treated me like a princess and I know he’s going to be a good husband and father to my future kids. It’s like with him my whole life is already laid out like I don’t have anything to worry about anymore.” Bom said looking at the bay in front of them. 
 
“So what’s your worry?” YG asked again and Bom replied with a shrug. 
 
“You know Bommie I have always been supportive of everything that you wanted to do. I never made it a habit to intervene. You and Dara have earned my trust ever since the day you girls got your diplomas and finished schooling.  That’s why I never said a word when you told me that you want to get married with Nich. I know you still have feelings for Seunghyun but never have I thought that it would end up like this.” YG said while looking at the view of the bay in front of them. 
 
Bom looked at his Uncle not understanding what he meant. 
 
“Bommie, how could you sacrifice even your own happiness?” YG asked facing Bom. 
 
“Because I’m not sure if what I’m feeling for Seunghyun is real or is it just the feeling of guilt of never really ending it properly with him. How could a person get married with a person but have feelings for another? I don’t have the answer for that. All I know is Nich is the right choice. He has always been there. He did everything Seunghyun didn’t. This feelings well, they’re just feelings. They will go away.” Bom said facing the view again. 
 
YG didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want to push it anymore. He vowed to his brother’s grave that he will take care of Bom. He wanted to stop the wedding but then Bom looked like she belonged with Nichkhun that’s why he has kept quiet all this time. 
 
“Please don’t judge me Uncle. Please don’t be mad. I feel like a bad person for turning my back on Seunghyun and getting married.” Bom suddenly cried kneeling in front of YG. 
 
“BOMMIE-AH!!! STAND UP!!!” YG said standing up and pulling Bom to stand up. “Aigoo this kid. Never kneel in front of anyone Bom! Not even me, your father will climb up from his grave and haunt me.” 
 
He gave his niece a tight embrace, “Sssshhh… No one is judging you Bom. I told you whatever your decision is, I will support it. We all will. We are family Bommie and family does not judge each other. I love you and I know your parents are very proud of what you’ve become so stop worrying ok? I know you will always do the right thing.” 
 
Bom hugged her Uncle tighter while covering her face on his chest. “Biyane Uncle. Biyane.” 
 
“Weo? Why do you have to be sorry for following your heart? I may have not been always there for you but I have always prayed for you to have the best and if you say that Nichkhun is the best and the right choice then he is the best and the right choice. Ok?” YG said rubbing Bom’s back. 
 
 
 
“Ahem.” Someone from behind them cleared their throat. The two pulled away from their hug and saw Top standing by the glass door. 
 
“What are you doing here?” Bom asked wiping her tears. 
 
“I called him. I think you two should talk. You owe him at least that Bom.” YG said giving her a kiss on the forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” 
 
 
“Don’t be too long ok?” YG told Top and went inside the suite seeing Dara and Yongbae on the couch. 
 
“What are you two doing here? Shouldn’t you be sleeping now?” 
 
“Seunghyun Oppa asked us to wait here. I think he doesn’t want to be seen going out alone here.” Dara explained munching on some popcorn while watching TV. 
 
“Alright but after they talk you guys need to sleep already ok? I don’t want you guys looking like zombies tomorrow. We have an image to maintain.” YG said heading towards the door. 
 
“Yeah night dad.” Dara said leaning her head on Yongbae’s shoulder. 
 
 
 
 
Author's note: 
 
well uhmmm ok....
 
sorry for a cliffhanger I just dont know what to write right now...