The press conference

Sun Love

 

 
Dara's POV
 
"Dara, there might be some other way."Yongbae said holding my hand. Fate is really playing with me just when I decided to take the next step with him this happened. I stopped walking and faced him. "What do you suggest we do then? Tell them we were your flavor of the month?"I asked coldly. "Dara-ah! Don't you think you're being harsh?" Jiyong said walking pass by us and heading towards the elevator. 
 
We were all ready to go down to the lobby to pacify the angry fans who have gathered. Yongbae looked down and sighed. "I'm losing you again am I? This will affect us bad won't it?" he said not looking up. I felt a short pang on my heart when I heard him say this. "I.. I... don't know."I said looking down and holding back the tears.I'm pissed at myself for being careless that this has to happen. Why now? I saw Appa getting out of my suite with Jinu Oppa and Sean Oppa behind him. "Ready?" he asked us. I gave him a nod and let go of Yongbae's hand before starting to walk towards the elevator. "Let's go!" Sean Oppa said giving Yongbae a pat on the back. 
 
 
 
Author's POV 
 
Due to the large angry mob that has gathered outside the hotel YG asked the hotel management if they could use one of their conference halls for a few minutes just to pacify the fans. Unfortunately the crowd was to big for the conference hall that they had to do the conference outside the hotel. Jong Kook together with Dara and Bom's bodyguards helped with the hotel staff to set up for the impromptu press conference.  Big Bang, Dara, Bom, Nickhun and YG stayed in a hidden part of the lobby while waiting for the setup to finish. 
 
"It's crazy outside."Bom said nervously. Top was about to approach her when Nickhun gave her a side-hug. "It's alright hon. Everything will be fine."Nickhun said smiling at Bom. Dara was taking small glimpse on what was happenign outside with her arms crossed and glaring outside. Jiyong stood beside her and stared outside too. "You really want to do this?"he asked. 
 
"Yes."Dara said not removing her glare from the crowd. "You ready for the consequences?"Jiyong asked her again. "Whether I like it or not, I'm part of the YG Family. I don't think I have the choice not to be ready for things like this."she said still looking far away. "And Yongbae? Where does he fall in all of this?"Jiyong asked facing Dara with one eyebrow raised. 
 
Dara suddenly froze at the mention of Yongbae's name. She looked down and sighed. "I thought so."Jiyong said walking towards Top and Yongbae who were talking with Jinu and Sean. Jong Kook entered the lobby and walked towards them. "Sajangnim, we are now ready." he told YG. "Ok, Dara, Bom, you guys ready?" YG asked looking at Dara and then turning to Bom. The girls nodded and started to walk towards YG. With Dara on Yg's right side and Bom on his left side the group started to walk towards where the press conference will be held. 
 
The moment they stepped out of the lobby camera's started flashing and shutters started flicking. "YG! YG! Is this true?!"one of the reporters shouted. Fans started whispering and chanting. "Oppa! tell us it's not true!!!" one fan said. "I'm going to kick those girls when I see them out on the streets!!!" Dara even heard one say.YG stood in front of the mic to deliver his speech. Nickhun and Bom stood on YG's left side while Dara stood on 
 
YG's right side. Jinu and Sean together with the members stood behind them. The crowd's noise grew louder and reporters are in chaos in asking questions. 
 
"Good Morning. If everybody could please settle down and keep quiet for a few minutes so we can just clear this matter."YG started speaking. The fans became quiet and reporters with their mic started to listen. "Today a shocking news woke us all up. What started to be a rumor is now getting out of hand. We would just want to clarify what the situation really is."YG said addressing the fans and the reporters. 
 
"The two ladies who were with Taeyang and G-Dragon last night are not just their friends, most definitely not rented girls. They are none other than my only daughter Dara and my only niece Bom together with her fiancee Nickhun."YG said extending his arms signalling Dara and Bom together with Nickhun to move forward beside him so everyone would see. Top clenched his fist upon hearing the word fiancee but then Sean coughed softly reminding him of his reaction. The reporters once again broke their silence and camera's started flashing and questions started coming out again. 
 
"How do we know this is not just a cover-up?"one reporter asked. "Why showing them only now?" the other said. "Are they together with any of the members?" one said that the fans started to panic again "ANI! ANI! ANI!" the fans chanted.YG raised both his hands asking the people to calm down and make him talk again. "My daughter and niece has been living abroad for quite some time now. They chose a different path in their careers and I respected their decision. They had been coming back in Korea during the holidays but do not stay long. They are not idols, they are very private and do not really enjoy the public limelight."YG explained. 
 
"It just so happened that the new endorsement that Big Bang will be doing had something to do with Dara's job. Back then, we didn't know that the team to do the photoshoot the members would be them, not until they gave us the names that were to be picked up on the airport. By that time my daughter already phoned in asking me if I knew it was going to be them. The managers have already signed the contract and the project was near 20% that backing out would be disrespectful on our part and my daughter was in no position to beg off from this project as well." YG continued now, all eyes are on him. 
 
"If they went to Korea for a photoshoot then what are they doing here in Tokyo then?" one reporter asked smirking at YG thinking he caught them off guard. "The thing is Big Bang's schedule is tied up and Dara and her team had to make adjustments in order for them to meet their deadline. We are so grateful to Dara's company for being so understanding in adjusting everything for Big Bang."YG said smiling at Dara who in turned bowed slightly. 
 
"Is the photoshoot really the only reason why they are here? Why would it take them weeks or months to stay in Korea or in Tokyo for just a photoshoot?"another reporter asked. They are really trying to grill YG. "Well, they are still in the planning stage and we still have to review the prints that they will do and not to mention the commercials. They are not doing an endorsement for a month only. The photoshoot and CF that they will be doing will be for a year span already. Instead of doing one shoot for a certain period then going back and doing another shoot for another period we decided it would be more fitting to shoot it all now and just slowly release one by one. Big Bang schedules so jam-packed this year that this is the only adjustment we could do."YG said calmly. 
 
"The photos they don't look like their friends, there were some intimate photos shown, like G-Dragon and your daughter walking with linking arms. And they even entered one room only!"another reporter reminded them of the photos. Dara who was standing beside YG stepped closer signalling his dad that she wanted to talk. "Uh-oh! Noona looks pissed." Seungri whispered to Daesung when they saw  Dara's deadly glare. 
 
"Hello everybody, my name is Dara, as much as I don't like it I am YG's only daughter. Thank God I looked after my mother."she said smiling sweetly that captured the hearts of the reporters. Some of them smiled while others laughed softly at the joke. "Firstly, I would like to apologize to Big Bang fans for startling them so early in the morning. Biyane, VIP. Your oppas are safe don't worry."Dara said waving to the fans who in return screamed and jumped for joy. "My answer to your question sir is, the members and I we have been friends since they first step foot in YG. Jiyong- errr - G-Dragon, Taeyang and I have been very close ever since we were 12 years old and same goes for Bom Unnie. We are close to all our YG artists as we practically grew up in that building."she explained calmly and sweetly. 
 
Everyone is in awe of how refined and sweet Dara looked explaining their side. "We are bestfriends and we have been so used to seeing each other that we don't really notice the skinship that might give everybody the wrong impression. Last night, Bom Unnie wanted to get some air as we are tired from work but then she got overwhelmed by the large crowd that's why we were unaware that we were being filmed and all. Biyane for making the fans worry." she said bowing to the crowd. 
 
"Kwenchana UNNIE!!!!" the fans suddenly screamed. "I can't believe it! her charm is extraordinary!"Daesung whispered to Seungri when the members realized that Dara was able to captivate the fans heart. That or because she was just the bestfriend that's why they are now ok with her. 
 
"Ms. Dara, are you saying that you are also close with other YG artists as well?"one of the reporter asked. "Yes. It just so happened that the one who took the photo last night just saw me, Bom Unnie, Taeyang and Jiyong out on the streets. But I'm close to all of them, including Se7en Oppa, Gummy Unnie, 2NE1 CL and Minzy, like I said we all grew up together that we treat each other like a real family inside that office."Dara explained. 
 
"Where were the other members during that time?"one reporter asked. This time, Jiyong stepped forward to answer. "Aneong!"GD greeted and the fans went wild. "Other members were back at the hotel waiting for us to come back." he answered. 
 
"What did the other members think when they saw the news this morning?" another reporter asked. Yongbae grabbed a mic and answered. "We were all shocked, Nickhun just arrived last night to do some preparations for his and Bom Noona's wedding and then this is what greeted us this morning so, we were a little embarrassed that it came out of hand."Yongbae said pointing at Nickhun and Bom. While Top's fingers clenched into a fist again. 
 
"VIP we appreciate your forever support and love to us. but we also want to apologize to Bom Noona and Dara for getting dragged into this. Like what our Sajangnim has said they are private people they do not belong to the public."Yongbae said bowing his head to Dara and then to Bom. "Dara was in shock reading some comments but we told her VIPs won't really hate them if they knew that they were special part of Big Bang." Yongbae added and the fans screamed in agreement. Dara froze at Yongbae's comment. What is he trying to do?!?! Dara said to herself in panic. 
 
Seungri grabbed the mic from Yongbae before he can add anything else. "Like what Taeyang Hyung said, Bom Noona and Dara Noona has a special place in Big Bang members heart so we know that VIPs will love them also! Right?" Seungri said asking the VIPs. "YES!" The fans answered in unison. "That's the VIPs we know! They support us always! Right?" Daesung asked again winking at the fans. This time, the fans went wild again "YES!" they said in unison. 
 
Top grabbed the mic also and before even talking the screams of the fans are ear splitting! "We would like to thank everyone who came here to listen to us. But we also have to request our fans to not loiter around the hotel. This year we will have our world tour and we might get in trouble with this hotel since customers are getting annoyed. If that happens we might not be able to hold the concert here anymore."Top said charmingly. The fans in unison let out a loud "AWWWWW" 
 
"Would you be able to do that for us right now? You can still see us in our guestings but we cannot allow you to stay longer outside the hotel. We are sorry for this but it is just a simple request from us."Top pleaded the fans. 
 
"KWON JIYONG! DONG YONGBAE! CHOI SEUNGHYUN! KANG DAESUNG! LEE SUNGHYUN! V.I.P! OORIN BIG BANG!!!" the fans chanted and Big Bang waved at them. "We will now end this press conference. Again, to the staff and customers of the hotel Biyane and Thank you for giving us the chance to reach out and clear the situation." YG said and then started to leave. 
 
"We love you VIP!" the members shouted and waved at the fans who were now screaming again. The reporters have started to disperse while some are still taking pictures. 
 
Nickhun still linked arms with Bom is still starstrucked with everything that's happening. Bom tapped Dara's shoulder. "You ok?"she asked her cousin. 
 
"Let's just finished this damn project so we can go back to our old lives!"Dara said with that pissed look all over her face before storming inside the hotel lobby.