Stay With Me Until She Comes Back

When I Was Your Man

You almost fell asleep on your class..You are now 2nd year intern medical student at the hospital.. Your childhood dream.. You been sleepless for months now.. you are taking care of your internship and your best friend.. sometimes you thought of giving up your studies.. 

"You haven't slept?" Your fellow intern Choi Minho whispered to you during a lecture.. 

"Yeah.." You said.. Minho is also a friend of yours who always wakes you up whenever you almost fall asleep.. who always pats your back when you need a shoulder to cry on.. you couldn't help but to tell him about your feelings toward your best friend..

"You such an idiot..'' he whispered.. as he released a sigh..

"I know.." you said as you fake a smile..You know that you can't neglect your studies.. luckily, you are smart.. 

"Kim ____ and Choi Minho will be assigned in Pediatric Ward on the other side of the building. And to complete 720 duty hours." You snapped out as soon as you heard your name..

"Yes.. Children.."  you heard Minho excitedly and you smiled.. You both shared thoughts about children.. and an un welcomed thought enters your mind.. Kyuhyun never fond of children.. that is one of the reason why his girlfriend left him..

The professor dismissed your class.. And you picked up the books on your desk.. You are on a relief because the Medical school gave you 2 weeks break before you start a whole year of internship..

"I'll go ahead ___." Minho bid good bye.. and you nodded.. You looked for your phone inside your bag.. You turned it on as you walk out the lecture room.. You took off the white coat you are wearing and hurried towards the parking lot..

You received a message.. your hear pumps faster upon seeing the sender..

Kyuhyun: I think.. I need you here now.. 

You: What happened? Alright I'll be there in an few minutes

You nervously starts the engine.. the convenience is.. his house is a few blocks away from the hospital you are affiliated with.. 

You runs towards the door and knocked.. 

He opened the door.. and let you in.. you pitied him because he looks so miserable..

"What's wrong Kyuhyun?" you asked..

"Nothing.. just the same old story.." he said as he took a sit infront of the TV.. 

"Are you drunk..?" you asked him because he looks like drunk..

"No.. It's just a hangover.." he assured you.. You went straight to the kitchen and you cleaned up the mess..You can hear him curse because of head ache..You took out something from the fridge and cook a soup for him to calm down his system..

"Here.. to sober you up..'" you offered him.. "You look miserable.. and I hate it.." 

"I'm sorry.." he said as he took your offer..

"I was thinking this morning.. I been bothersome to you.. and a burden.." he said as he took a sip of the soup you made.. you smiled because you know he appreciated your efforts..

"Yes you are.. so bounce back quickly.. so that I can move on too..' you said as you took off your eyeglasses 

"You looks so ugly now.." he throws a joke to you.. somehow you felt relieved.. 

"You make me look like this.." you said and you laughed..you also see him smile.."Hey.. see you look great when you smile.."

"Thanks for everything.." he put down the bowl and he hold your hand.. you can hear your own heart beat by his actions.. is he kicking you out? 

"You are my friend right?"you smiled trying hard to mask the fear of being push away..

"Yeah.. A good friend.." He said as he pulled you near him..you cant hardly breathe.. you cannot comprehend what's happening.. 

"I reflected on what you have said this morning.. that I have to wake up.. to stand.. and to get better.." he said and you keep your silence you let him pour out what's on his mind..

"I'll try to be better.." He added...

"That's good.." you said you hug him..

"I know I asked too much of you.. but i think it is good for me that you are around.." you quickly turn your head to face him.. you are caught into surprise you are just expecting that he will kick you out from his life temporarily..

"i can't understand.." 

"Stay with me.." 

"I always did.." 

"I mean.. stay here.. live here.." 

"That's not a good idea.." 

"I think it is.."

"No.." 

"Listen _____.. I know its too much to ask but its a win win situation" 

"Enlighten me.." 

"My house is near the Medical University.. You don't have to drive for hours.." 

"I used to it.. don't worry.." 

"I will not bother you any more.. besides I can do all the drinking here right?" he laughs and you hit his chest. "Please. You are the only one who can understand me.. I don't want to be alone anymore.."

You start to weigh the situation.. the offer is tempting.. your love for him is greater than your pride.. as you always did ..

"Please stay.. Stay here with me.. until she comes back.." tears fall down his face and your tears starts to fall too

He cried over his ex girlfriend.. and now you are crying over him.. 

"So.. I'm a sort of therapist right??" you faked a smile as you wipe off the tears on your eyes "Alright.. I'll leave as soon she come back.." 

Your selfish self prayed that she will not going to come fro him..

"Thank you.." he said to you and you wiped his tears..

"You know how much I love you. right? because we are bestfriend ."  you said bitterly..

He nodded.. and he cried alday on your arms