Lessons Learned a Hard Way

When I Was Your Man

After 6 months...

Kyuhyun's POV

I smiled when I saw Yesung and Mindy fighting while their baby is crying on my lap.. Yesung and i talked last month and we reconciled.. He also gave hints where to find her.. but I never took the courage to find her.. I know she want's to be alone. She sent me a divorce paper for me to sign.. but I don't want to.. I want her back.. 

"You don't have to put you arms around her Jongwoon!" Mindy yelled as I danced with their baby boy.. 

"That's meant nothing!" Yesung yelled back and I laughed.. Mindy was referring to the fan that took a picture with the three of us while the naughty hands of Yesung is in her shoulder.. 

"Kyuhyun.. Give me Jongmin.." Mindy took the baby from me..

"Aish! You guys are so.. aishhh!" Mindy said as she walk away from me.. 

Yesung took a sit beside me as he released a sigh

"She make things so complicated.. The girl is just a fan.." Yesung whispered and I laugh

"Why are you laughing?" he gave me a glare and I smiled

"Your sister.. she's different.. when ever she's jealous.. she.. she just.." I touched he wedding ring that I put on a chain on my neck.. He tapped my shoulder.. 

"Did you go to the place I told you to go?" Yesung ask me.. and I shook my head

"I see.. You're not ready yet?" He ask me again..

"Maybe.. I still don't know if I'm ready to see her changed.."  I said as Yesung told me that she is different now.. she wants to be alone.. 

"I'm sorry if I made her that way.." I said with remorse on my voice

"Just bring her back.. bring my sister back to where she belong.." he said and pats my arms

"I'm sorry I have to go to talk to my wife.." he smiled as he scratches his head..

"Good luck hyung.. I got to go now.." I said and I went my way home.. 

It's bee six months that I go in and out of this home alone.. I blamed my self for everything.. 

 

Patience.. The word she always whisper to me.. and learned patience in a hard and difficult way.. I'm still hoping for us.. 

I lay myself on an empty bed we used to share.. her scent finally vaporized as time went by.. 

 

"What?" she said to me as she caught me staring at her.. she bloomed from cute to pretty human being.. wearing her prom dress..with cute tiara on her head.. she is always been a princess to me..

"You are ugly.." I said and she punches my arm..I was lying.. my heart beats fast as I look on her face I know Jongwoon will beat me up if he finds out that I had a crush on her.. Crush? yeah I have a crush on my best friend..

"Kyuhyun.. you're dead.." she pouted her lips and I place my hand on her shoulder and electricity flows to me made my heart beats fast...

"I- I mean you are pretty tonight.." I  can't hardly breathe as she brightly smiled at me.. she's blushing.. 

"Thanks all I need to hear it from you.." she said.. and she lay her head on my shoulder

 

I woke up in the middle of the night with her in my dreams.. She did make me suffer.. she always haunts my memory.. until I kneeled down the floor because of hurt and regret..

 

______

 

You shifted you specialization from pediatrics to Oncology.. You are now a certified man hater... You even break many man's heart by dumping them.. 

The only thing you learned.. Love your self before anyone else.. You are now guilty because one of the men you dumped is your good friend Minho

"Minho.. You know where I'm coming from right?" You said as Minho kneeled before you with a bunch of flowers on his hand.. 

"But.._____, I love you.. I love you for a long time now.. since the first day we met.. until now.." He courageously confessed to you..

"I am sorry.. I don't lead you on this.. I told you before that I belonged to him.. and still until I can let go off him and let go of my self.." You explained as you try to help him stand up..

"I'll wait for you.. i will make you forget him.. I'll do everything for you that he failed to give you.." he said and you shook your head..

"Don't be like me Minho.. i did those thing and look what happened to me.. I'm a mess right now. Don't do the same mistakes I did..." You cried as you see him cry

"forgive me Minho.. I don't know how I'm in a mess right now.. Its wrong if I drag you in the situation I was several months ago.." You said as you wipe the tears on his cheeks..

"I'll wait for you then.. please.." he cried and you hugged him

"No.. Please don't wait for me.. Find another who will love you completely.. Because if I try to love you.. I will end up hurting you like Kyuhyun did to me.. " You whispered and he kissed you in your forehead..

"Alright then.. I'll try to forget you.. but let me love you from a far.. just pretend that I never confessed to you.."  he said and you nods..

"I'm so sorry.." you said and he walks away from you.. with a major heart break

 

"Hey boss!" Minho called you as you are running fast towards the Cancer department..

"Minho! What are you doing here? Busan far from Seoul.." You said and you are relieved upon seeing him happy.. 

"Well, we transferred a patient here.." he is happy to see you

"You look great minho!' you said and he laugh..

"You too! so hows your life here?" He asks you and you smiled at him brightly

"Hmm I'm great.." You said as he walks with you towards the Cancer Department.. 

"I heard that the boys launched thier album.." He opened the topic you wished you would'nt hear..

"Min.. I'm okay now,,. so please don't.." I said and he smiled..

"Alright.. Just incase you are ready.. By the way.. I think your husband is gay.. he's stalking me.. it's creepy you know.." He laughed and you hit his arm.. 

"I said stop mentioning about things I left in Seoul.. " You said but your heart jumped upon hearing those words for him.. so.. Kyuhyun pursue his dream.

"I'm sorry.. " he said as you glared at him.. 

"How's your girlfriend?" You ask him..

"She's.. We had a fight okay.. she wants me to go to KRY to let the boys sign her album..after she found out that I am a friend of Kyuhyun's wife so,," Minho stopped when you raised your eyebrow..

"Damn!" he stammers and you laugh..

"Then go to Jongwoon..then let Jongwoon give it to Kyuhyun.. if you are still awkward to face that fatass.." you said and he laugh

"That's brilliant idea.. I want to ask you something.. I am planning to propose.. And i want to hear from you what a girl wants..'he said and you stopped from walking..

"Are you making me suffer?" you smiled 

"no.. I did not meant anything okay.. I just want to make my proposal.. simple yet unforgettable.." he said and you sighed..

 

 

 He drive towards a familiar place.. Your heart beat race..He is taking you to your favorite place on earth...The Han River

He opened the door the car for you and you took a deep breath.. he leaned you on his car.. and he took out something from his pocket..

You cannot move.. you place you both hand on your mouth..as tear escapes from your eyes.. you see his shaky hand as he open the box.. Is he nervous too? 

"I don't know.. what will the future bring.. you know i have this empty spot in my heart that only you can fill.." he said as he barely can't open the box because his hands is too shaky.."ah.... how can I be so nervous.." 

You cried..your heart stops beating at the moment you saw what's inside..

"Please.. consider..' he said and he clears is throat.. "Damn.." you hear him curse himself..

"Please consider me to be in your life..forever.. I cannot promise you that I wont mess up but.. please consider.. I want to be there for you.. as you been always here for me.. Please marry me..Kim _______." 

 

"Just be.. random.. take her to her favorite place.. gave out the ring.. that's it..'" you smiled upon remembering the day that changed you life

"I'll take that advice.. I got to go now.. i know you are busy.." He said and you nods..

"Min! Wait! Did you ever changed your number?" You ask him and he smiled at you..

"My number is still the same.." He said and he waved his hand..

"I'll call you sometime to hang out with the girls!"  You yelled ..

"I'll wait for it!" He shouts back 

 

You walks towards the nurses station and the nurse hand out to you the new patient's chart..

Your jaw dropped as you read the familiar name.. her diagnosis is Colon Carcinoma stage 4.. 

You walked toward the patients room and saw a familiar face that looks so weak, tired, and helpless.. Your tears fell as you see your patient crying upon seeing you..

"_______.. I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry for what I did..."  the patient said and you hugged her tight

"Alex.. What happened to you?" You cried and she cried on your chest..

"Please.. forgive me.. _____" She said and you heart of stone melt..