Art Of Letting Go

When I Was Your Man

You woken up by baby's cry on that cold Thursday morning.. You run downstairs to see the baby.. You saw your brother carrying his 2 month old Jongmin while crying...Your eyes become cloudy because of tears started to blind you.. 

"Jongwoon.. this is the surprise I am talking about.."You heard your mother and suddenly your brother looked at you.. and he gave his baby to your mother.. No words.. just tears fell in your eyes.. 

He  gave you a spine breaking embrace as you cried on his chest.. 

"Sorry oppa.. I'm sorry.." You cried out loud as everyone in the house is crying for joy for they have found you after you gone astray..

"Shhhhh.." he said as he planted kissed on your forehead.. 

"I'm sorry.." you said and he nods..

"i'm sorry too if oppa wasn't there when you needed me.. I'm sorry too if wasn't able to keep my promise on protecting you.." He wiped your tears as you wiped his..

"Stop crying princess.. you are.." Yesung smiled and you hit him on the chest make him scowls

"I'm ugly.. yes.." you said and you both laugh.. You saw your sister in law.. with her tears in her eyes.

"Eonnie.. I'm sorry.." You said and she nods.. you walk towards the baby with your knees shaking.. you touched Jongmin's little hand.. and he suddenly stopped crying..

"Well.. as I noticed he always stop crying when Kyuhyun is around him.." Yesung said... You're heart stopped beating upon hearing his name..

"I'm sorry sis.." he said when he realized that you don't want to hear about him You carry Jongmin on your arms and the baby smiled.. You smiled too..

"Yeah right.. even when you and Kyuhyun is talking to the phone.. he stops crying and now.. ______, he made him stop crying.. That's weird." Your mother said and your heart stops beating again..

"Well I think everyone is on his side now.." You joked and everyone looked at you 

You noticed that there is a great distance between Yesung and Mindy.. 

"Oh Baby Jongmin.. I think you parents are having a hard time.." you said and Yesung glares at you..

"You want to see Auntie's room? I'm taking baby Jongmin.."you said happily as you and your mother walks away to give the couple time.. then you stopped..

"Oppa.. I know you and Kyuhyun are friends again.. But please.. don't tell him that I'm here.. that's all I ask from you.." you said and he nods..

"I promise.." he said and he meant it thinking that you are not ready yet and he wants his brother in law to have efforts in finding you..

 

It's late in the afternoon when Yesung went upstairs.. 

"Princess.. we are going home.." he said as he brushes his hand on you hair while reading a book..

"Are you not staying?" You ask him and you pout..

"No.. and mom said you'll having the night out so, maybe next time.." he said and he kissed your fore head..

"Oh I almost forgot!" you said when you remembered that you'll be having a night out with your friend.. though this is not your firstime since 6 months because you always partying at Busan every off days.. 

"See.. We have to go now.. Jongmin is sleeping.."he said and you nod.. 

"see you again oppa!" You yelled when you got inside the bath room 

 

You wear a blue fitted backless dress that is above the knee.. You put on light make up. You took out your blue high heels and black coat.. but when you saw your reflection on the mirror.. you stopped

"Stop wearing this kind of dress! This is Illegal!" he hissed while he devoured your lips on the living room after you escaped from your's brother's wedding..

"Unless you want to get laid.." he said and he lay you down the couch.. 

 

".. " you said and you went outside.. 

"______, Is your dress is too..' your father said and you smiled..

"I'll be late..or not staying for tonight!" you yelled as you runs towards the gate to avoid confrontation with your mom.. 

 

You took a cab to your favorite hang out and you saw Rina and Hyorin waiting for you outside.. You stepped out the can and waved to them and they give you a bear hug..After tear  jerking get together.. you decided to go inside the bar and wait for Minho and his girlfriend..

"You look stunning.." Hyorin said and you smile

"You too.." You said and she laughs..

"Well the new you suits you well.." Rina added and you smiled.. Before, you occasionally wear this kind of dress now, it's a casual for you.. 

"You know you can't find boyfriend.. he's not yet filed the divorce,.." Hyorin said and you gave them a fake smile..

"That brat.. well let's not talk about him.. we are having fun right now.." you said 

 

______

Kyuhyun's POV

Very tiring Thursday.. I missed little Jongmin already.. I packed my things and i turned off my computer.. I saw my wife's picture while sleeping on my phone lock screen and I smile.. She's beautiful.. I miss her everyday.. I feel so empty without her.. but I have to be patience..

 It's been a week since the last time my body absorbed alcohol so i decided to went to a newly opened bar near the office.. I parked my car and saw Minho entering the bar..

"Wow that was co incidence.. maybe I can hear something from  him about ______" I wickedly smile.. 

There's a lot of beautiful young women inside as I am looking for Minho.. I took a corner and ordered rhum.. as I hovers around.. 

The party music stopped and changes into a piano playing in the background.. I don't seem to care all i want is to drink so I played on my phone while the piano is playing.. 

Put away the pictures, put away the memories 
I put over and over through my tears 

Wow.. the voice calms me.. but the words.. How can the singer know what I am feeling right now? 


I've held them 'til I'm blind, they kept my hope alive 
As if somehow that I'd keep you here 

Yeah right her pictures and her things left in the house make me feel alive and empty at the same time//

Once you believe in a love forevermore 
How do you leave it in a drawer 

 

Now here it comes, the hardest part of all 
Unchain my heart that's holding on 
How do I start to live my life alone 
Guess I'm just learning, learning the art of letting go 

 

But he voice her voice digging the wound inside my heart.. the word of the song squeezes the guilt out of me..



Try to say it's over, say the word good bye 
But each time it catches in my throat 
You're still here in me and I can't set you free 
So I hold on to what I wanted most 

The voice is so familiar.. 

 

 

 


Maybe someday we'll be friends forevermore 
Wish I could open up that door 

 

I wish she could at least think about our beautiful friendship.. I hope.. that she is thinking of me too I wiped my tears as I drink a shot of rhum.. 


Now here it comes the hardest part of all 
Unchain my heart that's holding on 
How do I start to live my life alone 
Guess I'm just learning, learning the art of letting go 

Is she letting go of me?? My heart breaks.. I went here to forget about her just one night but she's still haunting me.. That witch



Watching us fade, what can I do 
But try to make it through the pain 
Of one more day without you 

" you Cho Kyuhyun.. You made her life hell now you are expecting her to go back to you and love you again?" I scold my self as I was drowned by the song.. 


Where do I start to live my life alone 
I guess I'm learning, only learning 
Learning the art of letting go

 

I sighed upon realizing that the song was over.. the torture is over.. I took a shot again..as the people around claps..

"What's your name again?" the host ask the singer.. oh she's not the regular singer.. a guest i think

"Is that important?" A familiar voice asked the host that made my heart stop..

"Yes it is important.. because you are familiar.." the host ask the lady in y blue dress..

"I don't think so.." the familiar voice said and i smiled.. The host is trying to show his interest on her but the girl is fierce

"Okay.. May i ask if you are still single.." The host ask her.. 

"Technically I am.. but if you listened to that song.. I will think that you got the idea that I am  not ready yet to entertain suitors.."  every one laughs and so am I

"So please excuse me.." she said and every one laughs.. 

 

It took a minute for me to recognize the lady in blue illegal dress.. Not until she high five with Minho.. Hyorin.. and Rina??

My heart beats faster.. my blood rushes in my dead body .. the warmth and my senses came back.. I blinked once.. twice.. thrice.. I even pinched and punch my self.. 

I saw a familiar smile that made my world stop.. the smile that filled my emptiness... Will I go to her or run away?