Taking care of his ex lover

My Gangster Roommate

"Jae?" Yoona gasped in surprise. "Why are you here?"

Jaejoong pulled the door open and flinched when he saw his ex lover sitting on a wheel chair.

"Go away Jae! I don't want you to see me like this." Yoona sobbed.

Jaejoong stood down and pulled her in for a hug. "I'm sorry for being so mean to you today afternoon. I'm sorry for not knowing what happened. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Jae it wasn't your fault." Yoona sniffed. "Jae you drank? You reek of alcohol."

Jae pulled out of her grasp and pushed her towards the living room. "Yeah just a little."

Yoona hesitated before asking. "Was it because of me?"

Jaejoong bit his lip and looked away.

"It was because of me right?" Yoona smiled, her eyes shining. "It means that you still care for me!"

Jaejoong gritted his teeth and sat down.

"You don't understand Yoona. If such a thing happened to any of my friends, I would have drank too." Jaejoong clarified.

Yoona's face fell. "I understand. I'm rushing into things."

All of a sudden, her face lit up, and there were no traces of sadness at all. "Come on, I bet you missed the coffee I make for you! I'll make you a cup of Im Yoona premium exclusive five star coffee!"

She smiled and wheeled herself to the kitchen.

Jaejoong smiled slightly and stared out blankly.

*I had loved the way she forgets her troubles this easily before. The way she never lets anything bother her.

But why is my heart not beating any faster when she's around me?*

"AHH!" Yoona let out a scream which broke Jaejoong from his thoughts.

"Yoona!" Jaejoong rushed to the kitchen and saw Yoona crying with her hands scalded from the hot coffee.

"Why are you so careless!" Jaejoong scolded and brought Yoona to the sink, letting the cold water flow on her hand.

"Does it hurt?" Jaejoong asked and scrutinized the burn.

He felt a pair of loving eyes gazing at him and he turned. Yoona looked away awkwardly and blushed.

Jaejoong cleared his throat. "I guess it's alright now. Yoona you got to be becareful because you aren't as agile as before."

The brightness in Yoona's eyes seemed to dim so very little. "Yeah. I'm a paralyzed person now.."

Jaejoong cringed. His eyes caught the time on the clock and was surprised that it was already 3 in the morning.

"Yoona, it's late, I'll get going." Jaejoong said and stood up to go.

Suddenly, small slender fingers gripped onto his wrist.

"Don't go."

Jaejoong turned round.

"Please." Yoona pleaded, her eyes b with tears. "Just stay for tonight."

Jaejoong softened and agreed.

The night found him lying next to Yoona, with both hands supporting his head, while Yoona snuggled close to his chest.

He gazed at Yoona's sleeping form. She was still as pretty, if not prettier, and looked like an absolute angel.

*Why do I not feel excited or tingly when I'm around you? Is Yunho right? Did I really fall in love with someone else?

Did I fall in love with Eunmi? OH EUNMI!*

Jaejoong almost shot up from his sleeping position. "Crap. I forgot to tell her I wasn't going home. Is she still waiting for me?"

His hands crept to his pocket and dug out his phone, sending a quick message to Eunmi.

*Damn, if it wasn't 3am in the morning I would have wanted to call her.

What if that stupid Lee Joon suddenly barges into the house and her or something bad happens?*

Anxiety gripped his heart.

*Okay Calm down Kim Jaejoong. You hired security guards! They monitor the house 24/7! They would definitely tell you if something was wrong! Darn it Jaejoong just trust your employees!*

Jaejoong calmed down and began breathing evenly again.

*I wonder if Eunmi's asleep by now.*