The Final Chance

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: Xlr8girl_heart
 featuring male: Kikwang (B2st)
 Featuring female: Kim Yoona
 plot: Yoona and Kikwang are ex lovers. They decide to become friends before but as days pass, Kikwang doesn't communicate with her. Yoona heard that Kikwang had a lover already. She was devastated. What will happen to Yoona after hearing the news? Will she able to move on? Or will Kikwang realize that Yoona is a special person to him?
 Genre: comedy and drama
 title: The Final Chance

 

-----

 

One year ago

 

Kikwang sat on the bench beside Yoona and he didn't say a word. Neither did she.

Both of them looked out at the seaview silently. They were at the beach, a wonderful day. There were kids laughing as they played in the water. Children making sand castles. Adults sun bathing.

The mood out there was vastly different to the mood between this couple.

Yoona sighed softly, knowing that the end was near.

The past few weeks were horrifying. Kikwang and Yoona were fighting non stop even though they cared a lot about each other. They were supposed to write their final thesis for their various university courses and it was a very stressed time.

Both of them were cramping every word they could in their spare time and they were simply tired out by the whole stressed period.

Yoona was bad tempered most of the times and Kikwang was too. They found the smallest things to quarrel over and they would break into cold wars. It was tiring on both parts.

Which was why when Yoona called Kikwang to say she wanted to meet at this particular beach, Kikwang knew what she had in mind.

"Remember how we met here the first time?" Kikwang murmured with a slight wistfulness in his tone. "You were sitting on this exact bench, staring out into space. The Beast boys and I were playing football right there." he pointed to a small clearing.

"I remember." Yoona smiled softly. "The ball rolled over to my side and you were sent to collect it back. The ball wasn't the only thing you got in the end."

"Yeah." Kikwang chuckled bitterly. "I got your number too."

He sighed softly and turned to her. "Why did you want to meet today?" he asked, pretending to be ignorant even though he knew what she wanted to say.

Yoona struggled for the words she rehearsed. "These past few weeks were hell, Kikwang." she whispered. "We've been fighting non stop and I'm so tired. I'm sure you are too. You were a bastard to me and I'm pretty much a too. I think...it's time we broke up."

Kikwang felt tears gather in his eyes even though he expected it. "I think so too." he nodded in agreement.

He forced a wide smile on his face and held out his hand. "But we're still friends?"

Yoona smiled and shook his hand. "Friends." she confirmed.

------

Turned out they weren't friends after all.

The both of them tried to be civil to each other when they passed in the halls after that. It became increasingly difficult because the nagging fact that they weren't a couple anymore would get to them.

They were frustrated that their relationship didn't work out, it had once been the best thing in their lives.

Seeing each other and pretending to smile like nothing happened was extremely painful to bear. And to escape the pain, Kikwang was the one who started to take extreme measures to avoid Yoona. He pretended not to see her when they crossed paths, he would cook up an excuse to go away when they talked.

Yoona took the hint and didn't try to approach him anymore.

But the fact was that she still loved him. Even after a year after their break up, Yoona's love from him was still as intense as the day when they got together. He was the first person she ever felt such intense connection with and to see him leave was painful.

The most painful thing ever.

Or so she thought.

Until one day when her friend told her that Kikwang had a new girlfriend.

Yoona raced home to turn on the computer and she logged onto facebook. She went to Kikwang's profile and there it was, the profile picture of Kikwang and another girl called Hyosung in a sweet pose with their faces plastered together. It was supposed to be her.

Yoona let her tears fall that day as she clutched her heart and cried her soul out.

-----

Kikwang forced a smile as his girlfriend took his hand. "Kikwang, let's go to that shop." Hyosung pointed, smiling.

Kikwang followed her around. Memories were flooding him as he walked around this familiar street. Yoona and him loved this place because there were a lot of shops with strange and curious antiques, treasures to be found in every corner.

Now walking down the street made him think of the happy times he spent with her.

"Oh Kikwang look at this!" Hyosung held out couple cups. "So cute! We should get them!"

Kikwang nodded absent-mindedly, wondering what Yoona was doing. He wandered around the shop until he came face to face with the Ahjusshi that ran it. "Oh lad, you're here." the Ahjusshi recognized him. "Are you here with your pretty girlfriend again?"

Kikwang shifted awkwardly. "Uh..."

"You and her never came for such a long time, I thought you two forgot about my old shop." he chuckled. "I'm glad to see you again. You two are the cutest couple I've seen, since me and my wife." he joked.

Kikwang felt a stab of regret. He had once promised Yoona that they would be together till their hairs turned grey and they would open a shop just like this for their retirement entertainment.

The pain was unbearable and at that instant, kikwang knew. He couldn't possibly continue with this, leading Hyosung on when he clearly hadn't given up on Yoona.

He turned to see Hyosung walking to him with a wide smile and the ahjusshi beside him frowning in confusion. He knew what he had to do.

------

Kikwang strolled along the beach towards their bench. Yoona and his bench.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw someone already sitting there, in a familiar pose as she looked out at the sea. "Yoona."

Yoona blinked and looked up at him, surprised. "Kikwang?" she looked flustered. "What are you doing here?" she faked a smile. "Where's your new girlfriend huh? That pretty girl." she joked.

Kikwang his lips. "We went to that old street, Ahjusshi's shop." Yoona's smile faltered at the memory and the hurt that Kikwang would bring another girl to their place.

"And after talking to the ahjusshi, I realised I've made a mistake." Kikwang sat down beside her and wringed his arms. "I broke up with her." he whispered after a while.

Yoona's eyes widened and she snapped her gaze towards him. Their eyes connected and she soon understood, a small smile creeping up her lips. "That's sad for her." she murmured, genuinely regretful.

"Yeah." Kikwang nodded. "How about for you?"

Yoona's eyes twinkled with mischief. "That'll depend on how you behave when you take me out to dinner to night."

Kikwang smiled.

The final chance, and he grasped it.

 

 

------

SHOOT. I'm so sorry.

I finished the entire thing (rather pleased with myself I might add) and then I occurred to me that I forgot to see what genre you wanted. You wanted Comedy and Drama.

Okay perhaps Drama but it's more of angst. SHOOT. I'm so sorry! When I read your plot I automatically thought it was an angst, comedy was far from my mind. I hope you still like this though.