Innocent Hearts

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. username: august18
2. featuring male idol: kwon jiyong aka g dragon
3. featuring female idol: sandara park
4. plot: Dara and Jiyong are constantly teased and paired up in class because they match each other. Secretly? Dara has a crush on Jiyong? but being insecure? she never had the courage to confess. Jiyong on the other hand is planning to confess too.
5. genre: fluff romance
6. title :innocent hearts

 

 

-----

 

Dara felt her face reddening the louder the chants became.

"Dara and Jiyong sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" the rest of the students cheered. "First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes the baby in a baby's carriage!"

Dara buried her face in her hands and felt her face heating up even more. Oh, didn't they know when to stop? How old are they? Seven? They were freaking eighteen year old teens and oh gosh, their mental maturity is of serious lack.

Jiyong, who was Dara's desk partner, glanced over at her and chuckled in amusement at her reddened cheeks. He couldn't care less about what the other students were saying, seriously, but Dara's reactions were always nice to watch. She was just so adorable at times.

"Aaaiiii..." Dara squealed as the chants became louder.

Jiyong shook his head and stood up from his seat. "Aish everyone, just keep it down will you?" he snapped at them. "Look at how embarrassed Dara is."

"Awww the knight in shining armour to the rescue!!" one guy shouted.

"SO SWEET!!!" the class chorused.

Jiyong shook his head, defeated, as he plopped back onto his seat. He glanced at Dara. "Sorry. What I say doesn't seem to help." he murmured.

"It's okay." Dara fanned her cheeks. "They'll stop soon, I guess."

The students in their class liked to pair this two up together very much. They were like the Monday Jihyo-Gary couple, an unofficial one. They weren't dating, but they went about in pairs and you could never see one without the other.

When they were games or projects that needed people to be grouped in pairs, Jiyong and Dara would always pair up automatically as if there was an unspoken agreement about it. The way they behaved around each other made it suspicious because they seem so much like a couple.

They knew each other's likes and dislikes so well and even when they ate together, Dara would automatically pick out the beans from hers for Jiyong and Jiyong would pick out his bean sprouts for her, working in sync.

In the eyes of the other students, Jiyong and Dara were already a couple.

"But you know," Jiyong raised his brows at Dara. "They're just teasing and joking, but every single time your cheeks would burn fiery red." he grinned cheekily. "Does this mean you like me for real?"

Dara turned even redder than possible and she hid her face behind her hands. "I DO NOT!" She squealed in panic.

Jiyong laughed heartily and nodded. "Whatever you say, ssantoki."

-----

Dara sighed.

The truth was, she really did like Jiyong for real.

He was very protective and defensive of her, and when she was around him, she felt extremely safe and guarded. He would always stand up for her when he thought something was not right, and he was always able to make her heart flutter madly and bring out the butterflies in her tummies.

No other guy knew Dara as well as Jiyong did, not even her younger brother Thunder.

He saw her in her most dire of states, when she just woke up with her awful bed head, newly popped pimples, large eye bags and no makeup bare face, and he never said anything about them. He accepted her all, her everything, and there wasn't anything he could do to make her love him more.

With all the teasing in the class, Dara sometimes wished it was real. She wondered if Jiyong liked her the way she liked him, but didn't dare ask.

Why?

Even if he was always paired up with her, Kwon Jiyong was one y beast. Once, he performed a rap at the school concert and he went viral on twitter the next day. He was a very talented dancer and musician and girls just adored him. The girls could ignore Dara even if she was standing beside him, and fawn over him as if she wasn't there.

He had so many fangirls, so many people who admired him. So why would he choose her out of all of them?

Dara knew Jiyong well enough. Even if he didn't say anything to clarify his and her relationship to the other people who teased them, that didn't mean he liked her back for real.

Because Kwon Jiyong was the sort of person who didn't give a damn about anything. Even if people said in his face that he was a pimp, he wouldn't clarify because if he didn't care about you, he could care less about what you thought.

His lack of clarification on their complicated relationship could all be just him not giving a damn instead of him liking her for real.

Dara sighed again and propped her cheeks up with her hands. Eotteohke???

-----

Jiyong was driving to Dara's house.

He had a bouquet of flowers on the seat to his right and a box of chocolates he knew she loved. Today, Kwon Jiyong was going to confess to Sandara Park.

Finally.

They started off as desk partners in Middle school and to be completely honest? He found her extremely irritating with her endless blabbers and chatters that never seemed to stop. Oh the headaches.

However, after sitting with her for a full year, he realized that she could be really quite adorable at times. She could never hide whatever she was feeling even if her life depended on it, her happiness or sadness were all written on her face for everyone to see.

She was also very vulnerable to hurt sometimes, and Jiyong felt the urge to protect her from them. And sometimes she could surprise him by being exceptionally stubborn and strong, amusing him endlessly.

Before he knew what was happening, he fell for her.

They moved onto high school and fate was really kind to them, letting them be desk partners again. Dara had been growning and maturing into a more beautiful woman now, and Jiyong always felt protective of the other boys who drooled after her.

The teasings in class weren't without proof. Jiyong knew that the way he acted around Dara was extremely different to how he treated other girls, which was to treat as though they weren't there. His actions were pretty obvious as to how he felt but that dense ssantoki never realized.

He never clarified about his and her relationship because he never felt the need to clarify something that was correct, or, about to happen. He knew he belonged to her, no matter what happened.

And whatever that happened between them was for them to know, not anyone else.

Jiyong arrived at Dara's house and hopped off his car, taking the bouquet and chocolates with him. He got in easily, knowing that Dara kept her house keys under the floor mat and he made his way up to her room.

He saw her sitting by the window, looking absolutely beautiful as the gentle sunlight lit her beautiful face. She was an angel on Earth.

And all of a sudden, her angel image was broken when she let out a huge sigh. An extremely dramatic one.

"Eotteohke?" Dara blew on her bangs, staring out.

Jiyong watched in extreme amusement, wondering what was going on her mind. Her mind was a very strange thing indeed, she often acted as if she didn't have one.

Dara sighed dramatically again and puffed out her cheeks, wrinkling her nose. She seemed to be thinking very deeply indeed, about what, he didn't know.

"Eotteohke about what?"

Dara jerked from her seat all of a sudden and fell onto the ground on her . "Oww!"

Jiyong rushed over to help her up, throwing the bouquet of flowers and chocolate onto her bed. "Babo." he chided softly as he helped her up to stand. "Does it hurt much?"

"It's okay." Dara muttered. She blinked at him for a bit and then at the flowers and chocolates. "What is happening?" she took in the tuxedo he was wearing. "Are you going somewhere?"

"No." Jiyong shook his head. "Those are for you, you know. The flowers and chocolates."

Dara blinked again. "Me?" she brightened. "Chocolates!" she rushed to them, prying the box open and popping one into without hesitation. "Hmm." she hummed in approval.

Jiyong chuckled and went to sit down beside her on the bed. "Nice?" he wiped her lips with his thumb.

"Very!" Dara declared cheerfully. She fed him one and ate another herself. "But why flowers and chocolates all of a sudden?"

Jiyong grinned. "Because today I'm confessing my love to you."

Dara's eyes widened and she snapped her head towards him in surprise. She choked on her saliva and pounded at her chest, coughing madly. Jiyong patted her back and held her hair away from her face. "Babo, was it that shocking?"

"Yes!" Dara choked.

Jiyong laughed and flicked her forehead. "You really didn't know I liked you? I thought I was being very obvious already."

"You do?" Dara looked at him, her eyes bright. Omo omo!

"Yes I do." Jiyong pulled her closer. "What, did you think I was so nice to you because I liked you only as a friend? You think it was normal for me to act like a mad dog whenever a guy approaches you?" he murmrued. "Babo, I love you alright?"

Dara melted. "Me too."

Jiyong raised his brows. "You too what? You love yourself?" he pried.

Dara pinked. "Me too, to whatever you just said."

"Exactly." Jiyong probed. "I said I love you. So that means you love yourself as well." he pretended to sulk. "Man this ! I just confessed and the girl is rejecting me because she loves herself!"

"NO NO!" Dara waved her hands frantically. "I didn't reject you!" she reddened further. "I meant I love you too alright?"

Jiyong grinned, satisfied with her answer. "At last Ssantoki. I thought you'd never say the words." And then he leaned down to claim her lips.

Eotteokhe, Dara? The problem solved by itself.