Friendship: The Illustrations of Love

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

user: Milkypie
 male idol: Jo Youngmin (you can also add other BoyFriend members^^)
 featuring female: Jang Eunmi (OC)
 
PLOT: It's Christmas Eve and Eunmi is spending it alone. Youngmin (her best friend) decides to surprise her by bringing her on a special "date" and also confesses to her at the end. *surprise me author-nim! ^^ I want this to be YOUR story :)*
 genre: romance, drama, comedy
title: "Friendship: The Illustrations of Love

 

 

-----

 

Cold.

It was cold, freaking cold even though the heater was already to it's maximum.

With three blankets covering her and a woolen sweater, it was a wonder how she wasn't perspiring already. But no, Jang Eunmi actually felt cold and she wasn't even sick.

She was lonely.

It was December 24th, freaking Christmas eve for goodness sake and Eunmi didn't have anywhere to go to. She didn't have a boyfriend or anyone courting her, so no date. Her girl friends were all off on dates with their boyfriends and didn't have time for her.

Her best friend, Jo Youngmin, was a superstar in Boyfriend and she knew better than to bother him on that day. Celebrities didn't have the luxury to rest when the rest of the world was resting and celebrating. They had more schedules and performances to go to.

Her family had taken off on a trip to Tokyo where she really wanted to go as well but couldn't because of her job.

So now here Eunmi was, on December 24th the Christmas Eve and having no one to spend it with but a Kim Jaejoong poster on the wall. She was pathetic alright.

Eunmi popped a chocolate into and chewed as she watched some Christmas Variety program. It was quite funny but she didn't feel like laughing. She didn't want to laugh at jokes that were said a few days ago and recorded. She wanted to laugh with someone, someone real that was by her side.

She sighed dramatically as she glanced at the clock. One hour to Christmas.

Just then, her doorbell rang and Eunmi sat up on her bed. She blinked in surprise, her face brightening. Who was it? Who could have found her at this time of the day?

She raced to the door with her three blankets and flung it open. And there he was, Youngmin, standing in front of her apartment with the cutest smile ever. He was so pretty it had to be illegal.

"Youngmin?" Eunmi gaped in surprise. "What are you doing here? Don't you have schedules to go to?"

"I do." Youngmin laughed as he took in her blankets. He removed them and got into her house, going to her closet to get her a jacket. "It ended a while ago and I came straight here. I happen to know a certain lady that doesn't have anyone to spend her Christmas with tonight." he looked at her.

Eunmi broke into a bright smile and she beamed at him. "Aww you shouldn't have! That's so sweet!" she cooed. "What about Kwangmin? Wouldn't he want to spend his Christmas with his twin?"

"Meh." Youngmin stuck out his tongue as he put the jacket on Eunmi. She slipped her hands through the sleeves obediently. "He's more than thankful to see me go. It's honestly infuriating to see a reflection of your own face twenty four hours a day."

Youngmin held out his hand and smiled at her. "Ready to go out for the last hour before Christmas?"

Eunmi nodded and put her hand in his, her cold fingers warming up at his touch. Youngmin enclosed his fingers around hers and led her out of her apartment, shutting the door behind him. He pulled down his beanie and slipped on his sunglasses as they walked out of the complex.

He led them to a nearby business building and Eunmi was surprised when he stopped there, pressing a button for the elevator. "Youngmin?" she whispered. "Why are we coming here?"

"Shh." he hushed her. "What we're doing now is illegal but, loosen up, Eunmi. It's Christmas Eve." he mused. "No one's going to be here to catch us."

The lift arrived and Youngmin pressed the top floor. They got out at the top floor and Eunmi blinked at the offices around, the lights turned out and looking a little too eerie. Youngjae guided her to the emergency exit and they climbed the stairs to get to the rooftop.

Eunmi's eyes widened when she saw what he had prepared for them there.

Youngmin had decorated the rooftop with little Christmas LED lights such that the entire place lit up marvellously. He had even gotten a mini christmas tree for who knows where and plopped it in the middle of the rooftop.

He had laid out a table with velvet red tablecloth and candlesticks that weren't lit. Two plates and two sets of cutlery were set on the table and Youngmin smiled at her mysteriously while he lit the candles. He opened the lids on the plates to reveal piping hot steaks that looked absolutely scrumptious and mouth watering.

"Omo." Eunmi gasped, looking at him in surprise. "When did you? How?" she was speechless.

Youngmin guided her to sit down and smiled. "Secret." he winked. It was actually his brother's doing. He owed Kwangmin a lot for this arrangement.

"Dig in, Eunmi. I hope you're hungry." Youngmin watched her, smiling contently. Eunmi drooled at the food and swallowed. "Even if I wasn't, I am by now." she grinned. She took a large bite of the steak and hummed in approval. "It's great! Marvellous!"

She smiled brightly, the cold winter air stabbing at her cheeks but she didn't mind. She looked around them at the city lights that was glimmering around them from their bird's eye view. "This is really a surprise, Youngmin." she murmured, touched. "Thank you so much."

Youngmin ruffled her hair affectionately. "It's nothing. I'd do anything for you." he beamed.

They ate their meal, laughing as they talked and chatted.

Halfway, Youngmin got out from his seat and pulled an ice box from the corner. He returned with two cups of red wine that was actually refrigerated cold. "You're full of surprises." Eunmi laughed, accepting the glass.

Youngmin bit his lip, hoping that she would like the last surprise he had prepared. Time ticked away and soon it was almost twelve midnight.

Eunmi took out her phone and watched the time. "11:58. Two more minutes." she murmured.

The two of them huddled together at the side as they watched the city view below them. "How long have we known eachc other, Eunmi?" Youngmin played with her fingers.

Eunmi tapped her chin with her free hand. "Three years. Three years, I'm sure." she smiled. "Time flies huh?"

Youngmin nodded. "One year as your friend. Two years as your best friend." he murmured. "I just wanted to tell you that these three years have been wonderful to me." he looked at her sincerely.

Eunmi smiled. "Me too."

Youngjae took a deep breath. "And I'm hoping that for the next thirty years, no....eighty years...the next eighty years will be better than this." he bit his lip. "I don't want to be your best friend, Eunmi. It's Christmas, can you give me the present I yearn?"

Eunmi stared up at him, her eyes wide.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Youngmin whispered, his voice stuck in his throat as his heart pounded nervously in his chest.

Eunmi stared at him for a few moments before she broke into a smile. The clock struck twelve right then and she closed her eyes, leaning up and pressing her lips to his.

"Yes." she muttered breathlessly, as she pulled away. With her eyes shining brightly, she smiled. "And thank you for being my Christmas present as well."