Stand by me

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: ida_zumi
2. Featuring male idol(s): Lee Taemin
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): oc han jimin
4: Plot : Taemin has the longest crush towards Jimin but he didn't dare to confess because he is a nerd. they went to the same middle school and high school. in high school jimin date a kingka-barom. later he broke her heart and taemin come to the rescue~ :)
5: Genre: romantic
6: Title: Stand by me

 

-----

 

"Don't stand in my way, nerd!"

Taemin ducked his head and quickly stood to the side, biting his lip and not daring to meet anyone's eyes. The group of rowdy "popular" boys passed by him and one of them spat in Taemin's direction, causing him to flinch.

The last guy who passed by him bumped Taemin hard on the shoulders and caused the poor boy to drop his bag. The guy laughed hysterically and walked away.

Taemin sighed and bent down to grab his bag, muttering under his breath.

This was his life. His life as a nerd.

Taemin was actually a really good looking guy. When he was growing up as a kid, his mother's friends would always coo at how cute he was. He had large watery shimmering eyes and a bright friendly smile that made all ahjummas melt at the sight of him.

He was also a very good boy, greeting them politely and serving them tea. It wasn't a wonder that all mothers seemed to like him.

But it was okay when he was young, with a face like his.

He was such a pretty boy that he was even prettier than most girls. When he went to kindergarten, some of the girls didn't want to talk to him because he was prettier and cuter than them. Once he went to the male toilet and an ahjusshi led him to the female toilet, saying that Taemin went to the wrong place.

And then it became such that he was so so pretty, that people started laughing at him. That he wasn't a guy. That he was gay.

They were jealous, perhaps. Envy, definitely.

But Taemin didn't know that. He really thought that it was a curse to have a pretty face like his and sometimes he even wished he was ugly instead. Hence from some time onwards, Taemin started disguising as a nerd, with thick unkempt hair and a large spectacles that covered his face, because then even when people laughed at him it was because of the way he dressed and not his girly features.

Taemin bent down to grab the books that had slipped out of his bag and bit his lip. The other students walked past him as if they didn't see him squating there, it was such a common happening that people ignored Taemin. All except one.

"Aigoo Taemin ah." the voice of his angel rang out and Taemin brightened, snapping his head up. He saw Jimin crouching next to him and helping him gather his books. His heart melted.

Jimin was the only person in the entire school of population 2000 to bother about him, really. They had gone to the same middle and high school and Taemin had had a crush on her since the first time he saw her. First it was eye candy, and then it developed into a crush. And now Taemin could positively say that he loved her.

Jimin was just an angel, in terms of looks and personality. She never cared that he was a nerd and she always stood up for him when someone bullied him or for his looks. She was a fighter, that one. And he loved how she dared to scold those buff tough guys for him, because she really cared.

It touched him straight in the heart and it didn't take long for Taemin to fall for her.

"Jimin." Taemin smiled brightly at her. Jimin beamed back and stood up, passing back the stack of books to Taemin. She eyed his textbooks. "Aigoo Taemin, why are you bringing so many books to school today?" she mused. "I think we don't have half of these lessons on our timetable today."

Taemin rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I was afraid that I forgot to bring some."

Jimin laughed. Taemin smiled at her laughter, he loved her laughter. It was a tinkling sound, cheerful and bubbly, like a nightingale singing in the middle of a peaceful night.

"What are you doing now, Jimin?" Taemin asked, hoping that she was free. "It's break time and I know Barom doesn't have the same break as us."

If Jimin was Taemin's saving grace, Barom was the bane of Taemin's existence. He was a popular jerk, having a hoard of fangirls just because he was the star quarterback and had a pretty decent face. He had a rotten personality though, and flirted with other girls even when he had a girlfriend. Taemin couldn't see why any girl would like Barom.

But Jimin did. She was Barom's girlfriend.

Taemin was devastated when Barom and Jimin started dating, but he couldn't say anything. How could he? A mere nerd compared to the star quarterback of the school? Everyone would laugh.

"Barom's ditching the lecture to join me for lunch." Jimin broke into a blissful smile. Taemin winced, wishing she could smile like that when she talked about him. "I told him not to but he insisted, saying that he had some things to say to me."

Jimin beamed. "Anyway, I'll head over to the cafeteria to wait for him. Want to walk with me?"

Taemin nodded quickly, jumping at the chance. How could he say no?

-----

They arrived at the cafeteria which was buzzing with students. Taemin quickly bade Jimin goodbye because he didn't want her to be seen with him, it was an insult to a pretty girl like her. The fact that she was willing to talk to him was enough.

Taemin retreated to the corner of the cafetera and chose a small table at the corner, sharing a table with a computer geek Onew that was the same outcast as he was. Taemin and Onew shared a strange friendship, if it was even called that. They were both outcasts but that was all the similarity they had. They couldn't hold a conversation long enough even if their life depended on it. However, the silent company without conversation was sometimes enough.

Taemin took out his sandwich and banana milk and he watched as Jimin waited for Barom at the table the couple usually sat at. The darn boyfriend sauntered in a few moments later, flicking his bangs as if he was some sort of superstar. How annoying.

There were cheerleaders cooing at him and Barom winked at the girls, causing Taemin to wince. He glanced at Jimin to see if she saw and she did. She didn't look too happy about how her boyfriend was always so easy with praises for other girls but she forced a smile that Taemin could see was taking a toll on her mental strength.

Barom approached Jimin and Jimin beamed as brightly as she could. She wanted Barom to sit down so that they could eat lunch together and for once, Barom didn't kiss her on the cheek in the public display of affection he so liked and Jimin so detested.

"Jimin, I have something to tell you." Barom's loud deep voice boomed and almost everyone in the cafeteria could hear him talk.

Jimin blinked up at him. "Yes?"

"Well, I just want to say that I've lost my interest." Barom shrugged. "I realize what we have isn't a life long love." he almost laughed at the prospect. "But just a short fling. A momentary burst of passion that fades with time. You get what I mean?"

Jimin frowned. "Wait, Barom you mean-"

"Yes." Barom nodded. "Well you are a pretty chick, really, Jimin. But not for a great guy like me. I need someone more sophisticated, ier and someone that can play those dirty mind games with me. You're too ing pure." he shrugged. "Let's break it off."

Jimin's jaw dropped at the manner of his approach on this matter. He didn't care for her feelings at all, saying all these things in front of everyone in the cafeteria and knowing that his loud voice travelled everywhere. There were whispers and mutters everywhere as they debated on the news. The cheerleaders were especially excited because that meant Barom was now single.

"You..." Jimin whispered, hurt. Tears were gathering in her eyes already and she could cry any moment.

"You can find a guy soon." Barom shrugged. "But don't expect love, really chick. No one would love you, that's like...an elephant loving a penguin." he laughed at his own joke. "Hahaha you get it? Elephant, penguin."

Jimin took a step back. What the hell? How did she even end up dating him?

"You're wrong." someone's voice sounded behind her. "YOU are the one that won't find anyone loving you, you bastard. I know there are people that will love Jimin, at least one, me."

Jimin turned around in surprise and her jaw dropped. It was Taemin. The cutesy shy boy that was meek and polite. Wait, did she just hear him insult someone?

"You don't deserve Jimin, bastard." Taemin growled dangerously. "You deserve those blond plastic barbie dolls with no brains, not a beautiful intelligent woman like Jimin. You don't appreciate her like I do."

Barom looked Taemin up and down. "And you're worthy of her then? Nerd?" he snickered.

Taemin growled and whipped off his glasses. "DON'T CALL ME A NERD!" he roared.

The girls in the cafeteria gasped. Oh. My. God. Lee Taemin had the cutest face, how could they all have missed that! And when he glared at Barom like that (imagine Lucifer mv expression)  he was sooooo charming!

Taemin turned to Jimin and took her hand. "Ignore this jerk." he spat, pulling her away. Jimin stared at him in surprise as he tugged her along, her heart racing.

She had always stood by him when he needed her help, and this time, he stood by her.

There was this sudden thought that occured to her. He said he loved her.

Was that for show to protect her or was that really what he thought? Did he just confess to the whole school?

Jimin smiled softly as she followed Taemin's strong grip. She really hoped he meant it.