A Proposal in the snow

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: SarahChi1023
 2. Featuring Male: Daehyun (B.A.P)
 3. Featuring Female: Kho Hyejin
 4. Plot: It's Christmas and Hyejin's boyfriend is flying back from Canada for the first time since he left. They spend a fun and cosy holiday together when Daehyun surprises her with the best present ever—a marriage proposal and a romantic song sang by him.
 5. Genre: Romance, Fluff
 6. Title: A Proposal In The Snow

 

-----

 

Hyejin's eyes scanned every single person as they walked past her. Her heart was skipping madly as she waited for the one guy she was hoping to see.

Daehyun was Hyejin's boyfriend. They had been Highschool sweethearts and were completely compatible with each other. Sure they got into fights once in a while, but who didn't?

Daehyun was the one guy who understood Hyejin without her saying much and she understood him as well.

He had gone on a long business trip to Canada after getting his first job. He was talented and a fast learner so he quickly became the boss's favorite after joining the company. Daehyun was sent to Canada for half a year to observe the opening of the new factory outlet in Canada and only three months had passed.

The three months felt like hell to Hyejin.

She never realized what a big part Daehyun took in her life until he was gone. There was no guy waiting outside her door with breakfast. No guy sending her messages in the middle of work and making her blush. No guy kissing her goodnight when he sent her home.

She missed him dearly.

Daehyun was let home for a week break since it was Christmas and the factory outlet would be closed anyway. Hyejin could not wait to see him and attack him with a huge teddy bear hug.

She waited in line with the other friends and relatives who were there to receive their loved ones and her eyes searched the people anxiously, waiting for Daehyun's arrival. Slowly, a steady stream of people was formed, coming out of the Arrival Hall with their luggages.

Hyejin swallowed and watched anxiously. Daehyun's parents were at his grandmother's since she was sick, and Hyejin hoped that he would spot her even though she was alone.

A familiar looking guy came out from the Arrival Hall with a beanie and rugged jeans, his eyes searching the crowd in a similar fashion. His eyes settled on Hyejin's and he broke into a huge smile, giving her a wave.

Hyejin felt clog up from the longing and she waved back. Her Daehyun was back.

Daehyun maneuvered his trolley of luggages expertly and overtook the person in front of him, speeding out of the queue. He ran towards Hyejin and abandoned his luggages, taking her in his arms.

"My gosh." he whispered, his arms tightening around her and taking a deep whiff of her hair. "I missed you."

"Me too." Hyejin managed to croak, burying herself in his familiar scent. They stood like this for a few moments until they realized they were making spectacle out of themselves and Daehyun finally tore away from her.

He hugged her waist, causing her to be plastered to his side as he pushed the trolley with one arm. "Hmmm." Daehyun nuzzled her cheek. "I don't want to go back to Canada." he pouted.

Hyejin laughed and nudged him. "You've tolerated three months. Another three wouldn't be that bad." Daehyun kissed her cheek and shook his head. "Nuhuh, it'll be worse." he sighed.

He smiled at her, the familiar eye smile she so loved, and took her hand. "Let's go somewhere."

"Where?" Hyejin stumbled after him as he joined the taxi queue. "You just came back after a 14 hour flight, I think we should go back to rest."

"That's a 14 hour sleep." Daehyun murmured. He hadn't taken his eyes off her the entire time since he returned, as if he couldn't stand not looking at her. "I've had enough of rest, now I want to spend time with you. Besides, I've got something to give you."

Hyejin grinned. "Yeah? Branded bags or shoes?" she teased. Daehyun laughed and flicked her forehead. "Even better."

-----

Daehyun led them to the park near her house instead of his, depositing his luggages randomly on a park bench. The entire park was like a snow wonderland since it had just snowed that morning, and there was a thick layer of white ice cold frozen water above every single thing.

The trees were white and so were the grass. The benches had prints of people who tried to sit on them when they were covered with snow.

Daehyun grabbed Hyejin's hand and led her to the snow covered grass, randomly laying down. "Let's make snow angels." he grinned.

Hyejin laughed and nodded. The snow was freezing her neck off but she didn't mind. She had the silliest grin on her face and she couldn't rid of it ever.

Daehyun and her fooled around for a bit until she caught a foreign expression on his face. An expression of hope, nervousness and determination. "Daehyun?" she nudged him. "Something wrong?"

Daehyun looked at her and slowly smiled. "Wait here, I'll get something." He ran to his luggages and opened it, randomly throwing his clothes out. He finally found his beloved ukulele and hugged it to his chest, running back to her.

"I've just learnt how to play this." Daehyun grinned at her, his cheeks flushed red. "Shall I?"

Hyejin nodded enthusiastically and smiled tenderly while Daehyun checked if his ukulele was still in tune. He made a few adjustments before clearing his throat.

"As a Super Junior fan, I think you should know this song." Daehyun grinned. He began strumming the ukulele and soft gentle notes filled the air.

I want to tell you every single day that "I love you"
Would you marry me?
I want to live loving you and cherishing you

I want to put you to sleep in my arms every night
Would you marry me?
Will you give my heart this permission?

Daehyun smiled at her nervously as he continued to sing in his wonderful voice.

 I'll stay next to you for the rest of my life (I do)
I love you (I do)

Through rain and snow I'll cherish you (I do)
I'll take care of you (My love)

Daehyun swallowed as he continued with another verse of the chorus.

Through hardships and troubles (I do)
I'll always be there (I do)

All the many days we'll spend together (I do)

-Super Junior's Marry U

Daehyun stopped before he finished the song. He put down the ukulele and reached into his pockets, digging out a small box.

Hyejin recognized this scene from any drama and she gasped. She never thought he would actually do it. She thought it was just a song.

Daehyun got on one knee and smiled at her, opening the box to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring. He cleared his throat and continued with the last line of the song. "Will you marry me?"

His eyes searched Hyejin's and tears gathered in her eyes. She nodded and threw her arms around him, squealing. "I DO!!!!"