Knock knock!

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: y-oseob
 2. Featuring male idol(s): B2ST's Yoseob
 3. Featuring OC: Kim Saera
 4: Plot: Saera will be celebrating Christmas alone since her parents will be away, and her dongsaeng will be visiting his girlfriend's house. But suddenly there was a knock on the door - it's Yoseob, her neighbor! What is he doing here?!
 5: Genre: Romcom
 6: Title: Knock Knock!

 

------

 

Saera checked the microwave and smiled at the popping sounds. She watched as the little corn seeds bounced up and burst into a fluffy scrumptious popcorn, an ultimate transformation.

Saera made herself a cup of hot chocolate while the popcorns were popping away, sipping slowly.

Her parents came down from the second floor, her mother dressed in a red velvet dress and her father in a tuxedo. It was rare seeing them all dressed up.

Saera smiled and raced to her mother, pressing a kiss on her mother's cheek. "You look really good, umma."

"Really?" Mrs Kim checked herself. "You can't see the spare tires?"

"You look lovely, yeobo. If you don't believe me, at least believe your daughter." Mr Kim chuckled. Mrs Kim threw a look at her husband but anyone could tell that she was happy with his compliments.

Mrs Kim looked at her daughter. "Will you be okay, alone at home on Christmas Eve?" she asked worriedly. "I feel so bad about leaving you at home. Should I ask your brother to stay at home to accompany you?"

Saera laughed. "Don't worry about me, umma. I'm a big girl." she grinned. "You and Appa haven't gone on a date in ages and it's a good thing to go. Don't worry about me. I won't allow you two to come home before the clock strikes twelve!"

"And besides," Saera continued. "Jaeho will be going to his girlfriend's house to surprise her. You and I know how long he has spent for this surprise and he loves her very much. Don't rob him of the time with his girlfriend."

"Oh alright." Mrs Kim nodded grudgingly. "But I still feel bad about it. If only the prize we won wasn't a meal for two at the restaurant but three."

Saera rolled her eyes in amusement and pushed her mother out of the door. "And what, I'll be the biggest lightbulb ever." she mused. "Go on and have fun."

Mr Kim ruffled his daughter's hair, glad that she was so sensible. Her parents left after a few good byes and as Saera was about to close the door, her brother Jaeho raced down the stairs with the roses he bought and a box that was wrapped delicately with pink sparkly wrapping paper.

"You're going already?" Saera opened the door for him.

"Yeah." Jaeho put on his shoes as Saera took in his appearance. He cleaned up rather nice, she might add. "I'll be going to Minjung's. Noona, you okay alone?"

"I'm fine." Saera pushed him out. "Don't worry. Have fun with her!"

Jaeho smiled and ran off. Saera closed the door and leaned against it, sighing. "And now it's me left, alone." she blew on her bangs. "Kim Saera, why are you so pathetic."

She began walking back into the house when she realized there was a strange smell of smoke. Her eyes widened when she remembered her popcorns and she squealed, dashing for the microwave. There was a thin column of smoke, nothing too bad, but her popcorns were all shrivelled up from their nicely popped form. Inedible.

"Aish." she muttered, disappointed. "Guess I'll have to do it again."

She was about to throw away the ruined popcorn when the doorbell rang. She blinked, racing to the door. "Jaeho did you forget someth-" she faltered, her eyes widening in surprise. "Yoseob?"

Her neighbor Yoseob was standing in front of her door with the goofiest grin on his face. "Hey. Can I come in?"

Saera nodded unsurely, her palms sweating. "Yeah sure." she moved aside for him, closing the door behind her. She always had a little crush on him since they were young. She thought puppy love would fade with time but she realized that with Yoseob, it didn't work that way. She still felt jittery around him even now.

"What are you doing here?" Saera asked, moving to her kitchen to continue with her popcorn-making quest.

"I was alone at home." Yoseob pouted, shuffling behind her. "Hyungs went out on dates and my parents went overseas on that trip, I'm sure you remember. And when I thought I was all alone on Christmas Eve, I noticed a certain someone that was left alone as well when her parents and brother went out without her." he grinned.

Saera pinked, embarrassed that he saw her in a dateless state. "How did you know I was alone?" she defended. "I might have been preparing for a date and my date was late to pick me up."

Yoseob grinned. "I was betting that all the guys were stupid and they didn't ask you out." Saera's cheeks flamed and she turned to her ruined popcorns. Yoseob leaned over, interested. "Are you making popcorns? Ooh hot chocolate. Movies?" he questioned, his breath hot against her neck.

Saera wriggled away, disturbed by her reaction. "Yeah." she nodded. "But I ruined them. I'm making a second batch."

"I'll do it." Yoseob grabbed the bowl from her. "I'm an expert in popping popcorns." he grinned. "Make me a cup of hot chocolate and choose a good flim. I'll be there in a bit."

Saera made a face. "Talking as if I invited you to stay." she muttered. Yoseob flicked the back of her head as he poured more corn bits into the bowl. Saera pouted and turned back to look at him. "Yah."

"Talk softer next time." Yoseob grinned.

Yoseob had the popcorn ready and Saera made him a cup of hot chocolate. They brought the food to the living room and Saera chose the classic flim: A Christmas Carol.

"Why did you choose that?" Yoseob teased. "So old fashioned, watching about Scrooge and all."

"I watch this every Christmas." Saera defended. "It's a tradition. Maybe you should watch it too so you don't behave like Ebenzer Scrooge."

Both of them lapsed into a few moments of silence as the movie started playing. Saera and Yoseob sat on opposite ends of the couch with the bowl of popcorn between them. Their fingers would brush with each others' once in a while when they were getting popcorn and Saera's cheeks would heat up mercilessly.

Yoseob cleared his throat and he grabbed the bowl of popcorn, propping it on his lap as he moved closer to Saera. She looked at him in surprise and Yoseob avoided her eyes. "It's cold." he muttered.

Saera felt anything but cold at that moment with Yoseob by her side. Her heart was racing madly and she hoped he didn't hear it. She could hardly concentrate on the flim she so religiously watched each Christmas.

"You've watched this every Christmas?" Yoseob asked in a husky voice, his breath hot against her cheek.

Saera swallowed. "Yeah."

"So you know the plot very well?"

Saero nodded. "You could say so."

"So if I distract you a little it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't miss anything important?"

Saera looked at him. "What do you mean by distra-"

And Yoseob leaned down to press his lips against hers. Saera gasped in shock, not expecting it. But then her eyes fluttered close out of their own accord and she sighed contently, kissing him back.

The flim was soon forgotten as they continued kissing, with Yoseob's warm fingers caressing her cheek and neck.

Hmm, this distraction was much better than she expected.