The Gangster's First Love

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: Lovethesmiles
Featuring male idol: Myungsoo
Featuring female idol: Jiyeon
Plot: Myungsoo was a badass gangster in Seoul but one day, he came across this woman, Jiyeon. That night, he found her all alone in front of his apartment. He realized she's homeless and intended to bring her home and keep her. Days passed and he realized he slowly need her in his life.
Genre: Romance, Gangs, Fluffy.
Title: The Gangster First Love

 

-----

 

L pursed his lips in a thin line as he narrowed his eyes at the males in front of him.

The skinny boys waved their fists in the air threateningly and L rolled his eyes in amusement. Really, were they seriously picking a fight with L? Sure, it was a current three versus one situation but it wasn't something L couldn't handle.

L flexed his muscles and smirked in triumph when he saw one of the boys flinch. Yes, you should be afraid.

"I don't want to hurt you, you know." L said in a low dangerous voice. "But you leave me no choice."

Before the three boys could react, L hurled himself forward and punched one of them in the face, kicking the other one in the stomach in the same time. As his feet landed on the ground, he twirled himself around with one leg high in the air and his feet collided with the third boy's face.

Within a mere few seconds, all three boys collapsed onto the ground, wounded.

They swallowed and peered up at L who was smirking at them. "Run!" one of them whispered, and the three ran as fast as their puny legs could bring them. L shook his head and brushed the imaginary dirt from his hands.

How bothersome.

L picked up the can of beer he had left when he encountered the boys and continued drinking while he strolled back home. He lived in a moderately wealthy district, his home fairly spacious and adequate for his own living.

He never lived with anyone, he always went alone.

Sure in his gang, they promoted brotherhood. But even his brothers knew L's limits, that he needed space. L wasn't the sort of person you could get chummy with, neither were the rest of the members of the gang. However, L was an exceptional introvert amongst them all, intimidating even fellow members with his cool facade and strong fighting skills.

L reached his apartment and blinked.

You might be surprised just how girls liked tough and cool gangsters like L. It was pretty often that L found es and hookers lingering at his doorstep, trying to get in his pants. He wasn't interested in getting himself involved in incurable diseases.

However that night, the girl that was sitting at his doorstep, curling up in a foetal position, looked nothing like the other hookers he had seen before. First, she wasn't even wearing a revealing dress which was a must. Neither did she have any make up on as far as he could see. She was dressed in rags and a worn out jeans, her hair a musty colour that looked as if she hadn't bathed in a long time.

In fact, if she had been there for a seduction mission, she would have failed terribly. She looked horrible.

L frowned and went over to her, nudging her leg with his feet. "Yah, wake up. You're blocking my door."

The girl didn't stir. L rolled his eyes, pissed. He squated down to shake her awake when he realized she didn't look too good. Her face was inhumanely pale and her lips was nothing near pink. She looked ill, extremely so.

L shook her in a more gentle way than he planned to, and still she didn't wake. He touched her forehead and retracted his hand in shock. "." he cursed.

Of all the troubles that come looking for him, he just had to meet with a sick unconscious girl at his doorstep. L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair, before he picked the girl up easily bridal style and carried her inside.

He placed her on the couch carefully and started looking for spare towels he had at home to try to bring down her fever. He even sacrificed those new blankets he bought to cover her with, making sure she was warm. He hovered around her all night as she tossed and turned in her dreams, apparently bad ones with her cries and occasional tears.

He wondered who she was. Why she was sitting at his doorstep. Didn't she have a home to get to?

Most importantly, what the heck did he bring her home? He couldn't be bothered with nuisances like this but for this one time, he found that he couldn't just leave her outside his house to rot. His almost non-existent conscience chose this time to appear and tug at his heart guiltily.

L sighed as he settled on the floor beside her and closed his eyes. And then he fell asleep.

-----

L woke up to find himself sleeping against an empty couch with a blanket wrapped around him. He opened his eyes and when he took a deep breath, the addicting aroma of bacon and scrambled eggs filled the air. L blinked and looked around. Where was she?

He made his way to the kitchen and saw the petite girl working her way through the kitchen as if she belonged there. She already made nice strips of bacon and delicious looking scrambled eggs, spooning them onto a plate.

"What are you doing?"

The girl nearly dropped the pan in fright and she wheeled around. "Oh." she bit her lip. She apparently washed her face, because those dirty smudges weren't seen anymore. Her cheeks were a healthier pink than what he saw yesterday and she looked pretty pleasant as compared to the previous night.

"I'm sorry for rumaging through your kitchen." she apolgized. "I just wanted to thank you for letting me stay the night and taking care of me yesterday, so I made breakfast."

L ignored the thanks and narrowed his eyes at the food. His stomach gave a growl.

Damn, he hadn't had home made breakfast for a long time. Never since his parents passed away. He never bothered making food for himself and his fridge was normally empty. He was surprised that she could even find eggs and bacons in there.

"Is the bacon edible?" L frowned. "I don't even remember having it."

"It expires tomorrow." The girl bit her lip. "So I fried them all, if you didn't mind."

"Hn." L grabbed the plates of food and made his way to the table. The girl scrambled after him and stood by the table, not sure if she could sit. L nodded, rolling his eyes and the girl gave him a bright smile, plopping into the seat. She waited cautiously as L picked up his fork and ate some of the scrambled egg.

L blinked and shoved another bite into his mouth. Damn, since when did scrambled eggs taste so good?

The girl looked at him. "Nice?"

"Passable." L managed to say between vigorous bites. The girl grinned and quickly ate her own share, wolfing it down in equal speed. The both of them finished their breakfast in record breaking time and L leaned against his chair, patting his tummy.

That was satisfying.

"I'll go wash them." The girl picked up the plates.

L watched as she went, frowning. He still hadn't found out anything about her. Her name, where she stayed, where she came from, her history...

The girl finished washing and she came back to the living room. "Thanks for letting me stay here for the night again, uhm..?"

"Myungsoo." L offered. He surprised himself, he usually didn't give his real name that easily. "Myungsoo." The girl smiled. "Thank you once again." she bowed and turned to go.

L frowned. "Wait."

She turned around to look at him curiously. "What's your name?" L asked. "Do you have a place to go to? Why were you sleeping outside my door yesterday?"

The girl lowered her head. "Jiyeon. No. I got...chased out of the house I worked in, I worked as a maid."

L softened. "Fine. You can stay here as long as you handle my meals."

-----

And that was how Jiyeon started staying with L. His meals were now properly cooked food instead of instant noodles and such and he became happier with someone else's company in his lonesome house.

Having worked as a maid before, Jiyeon was a little too polite and too respectful that one day, L shouted at her to be herself. After that, she even dared to a little when he did so to her. He enjoyed their daily banters and looked forward to going home after his day.

He found her acceptable company in the beginning, but now he realized he couldn't do without her. She was like a drug and he was addicted. Hopelessly so.

When he came home with injuries from fights, Jiyeon would be there with a first aid kit to help him with his wounds. Just like today.

"I always question myself, why, when I see you like this." Jiyeon winced as she cleansed the wound on L's chest. The bastard he fought with today brought a darn knife, that coward. "Can't you quit the gang?"

L shook his head in amusement, gritting his teeth because of the pain and trying not to show how much suffering he was going through. Jiyeon shook her head. "Shouldn't have asked."

She carefully cleaned away the blood and prepared the roll of bandage. "What did you do when you got injured in the past and I wasn't here to help?"

L shrugged and immediately regretted his action. Damn, it hurt a lot. "Just, try to cover it as much as I can so that the blood doesn't show and I don't scare little kiddies when I get out."

Jiyeon hit his arm lightly. "Don't joke about this." she blew on her bangs. "I'm scared everytime when you go out. I'm scared that you won't return. I'm scared that when you do, you won't survive." her voice wobbled. "I'm scared, Myungsoo."

L reached for her hand. "Hey, I promise I won't get hurt."

"Accidents happen." Jiyeon murmured stubbornly. "No one expected Titantic to sink right?"

"You're so hard headed." L flicked her forehead. "Anyway even if I get hurt, you'll be here to help me won't you?" he looked at her softly. "You're the reason why I fight harder, because I have someone waiting for me at home."

Jiyeon looked at him, her eyes b with tears. "What if someday you don't want me here anymore?"

L tugged on her hand and caused her to fall against him. "That day won't come." he promised, as he leaned down to claim her lips.

 

 

------

THE END!

This concludes this little gift for all of you :)

This stretched much longer than I predicted, I wanted to end it at Christmas haha. ^^

Thank you for reading and see you in my other fics!