Now it's my turn

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: supers
2. Featuring male idol(s): Park Chanyeol [EXO-K]
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): Yoon Jiyul
4: Plot (Not too long please, it's a oneshot. A scenario would be good): Jiyul had always been the one chasing after her all-time crush, Chanyeol. However, since Chanyeol had always been refusing her, she decides to give up. Chanyeol felt weird to not have Jiyul by his side anymore, he finds out he loves her & he decides to give her the sweetest confession she will ever receive.
5: Genre: Romance, Fluff
6: Title: Now it's my turn

 

-----

 

"Chanyeol, what are you doing after school today?" Jiyul smiled as she plopped herself beside Chanyeol.

Chanyeol didn't look at her as he played a game on his phone. "None of your business." he spat.

Jiyul's face fell a little. "Well uhm, if you tell me it'll be my business." she tried to sound upbeat but failed slightly. She bit her lip and looked at him longingly. "Chanyeol, I know this great cafe that's newly opened and it sells great banana crepes." she beamed. "Do you want to try it later?"

"You mean the one opposite the shopping mall." Chanyeol murmured, uninterested. "The boys and I went the first day the cafe opened."

"That doesn't mean you can't go to the cafe a second time." Suho told him as he walked past. He smiled at Jiyul encouragingly. "Especially with a nice, cute girl like Jiyul. Other boys would have agreed in a second."

Chanyeol shot his hyung a look. "Why not you go then?" he snorted. "I'm not interested."

Suho sighed and Jiyul looked away to hide her hurt. She forced a smile for Suho, grateful for his help even though it didn't work. "It's okay Suho. Don't force Chanyeol if he doesn't want to go." she looked at Chanyeol and he returned his attention to his phone.

She slumped and went away, totally discouraged.

Suho sighed as he watched Jiyul go away and rolled his eyes at Chanyeol. "You're too mean to her."

"Whatever." Chanyeol murmured.

-----

"Chanyeol, I was baking last weekend and I made cupcakes." Jiyul smiled at Chanyeol. "I made you some." she opened the box.

The EXO-K boys cooed at the cupcakes, their eyes widening in interest. The cupcakes were delicately made, looking absolutely delicious. The icing was pure white and the cupcaes looked fluffy and soft.

"Chanyeol, you're so lucky!" Baekhyun groaned, his tummy rumbling in hunger when he saw the delicious cupcakes.

Chanyeol didn't look tempted by the cupcakes like the rest of his friends. He frowned at the cupcakes and didn't look at Jiyul. "I don't like sweet stuff." he muttered. "Jiyul, stop making these things for me. I don't eat them."

"You don't like sweet things?" Jiyul bit her lip. "How about I make some fish crackers next time?"

Chanyeol sighed and put down the book he was reading. Kai frowned and nudged Chanyeol, shaking his head. Chanyeol ignored Kai and looked straight at Jiyul. "You don't get it, Jiyul. Whether it is sweet or salty or bitter or sour, no I don't want it."

Jiyul shifted uncomfortably, biting back the tears. She knew just what was coming.

"I don't want anything from you because I'm not going to like you, Jiyul." Chanyeol didn't flinch as he said it. "I know I'm being a little too straightforward but I think I've made my feelings clear since the first day when you confessed to me. I won't like you the way you like me, Jiyul. Stop chasing after me because you're wasting your time."

Jiyul hung her head. She knew, she knew she wasn't worthy of him but it was still painful when she heard it straight from him.

"I understand. I'll..I'll go." Jiyul her heel and ran out of there, feeling extremely embarrassed.

D.O. frowned at Chanyeol and punched his arm. "You're a bastard." he shook his head in disapproval. "I really don't get why you don't like Jiyul, she's such a nice girl. You have been pushing her away too cruelly."

"I just don't like her okay?" Chanyeol wrinkled his nose. "And it's not like she's going to give up for real. I've already told her that I didn't like her for like, a hundred times? She still continues chasing after me. You think she's going to stop?" he frowned. "Aish, I'm going to the bathroom."

The EXO-K boys watched as Chanyeol went off and Sehun shook his head. "Hyung is too foolish. One day he'll regret all that he has said today."

-----

What Sehun didn't expect was for that day to arrive so much sooner than he thought it would.

On Monday, Chanyeol was surprised to see no Jiyul waiting at her lockers with that bright smile of hers as she always greeted him good morning. Okay so maybe she was late that day.

But no, Chanyeol saw her sitting in class chatting with her friends when the EXO-K boys entered the class, arriving earlier than him. So maybe they had important things to discuss.

But no, Chanyeol overheard them talking about manicure and nails and things like that which he new Jiyul wasn't very interested in before that.

Chanyeol frowned when Jiyul never looked over to him to acknowledge his presence even though they were just two seats away. Strange, it was too strange to be true.

And then break came, and everyone piled into the cafeteria.

Jiyul approached her friends with a bright smile and a familiar container. Jiyul was known for her baking and she wanted to become a baker when she grew up, and whenever she went to school with a container, everyone grew excited because it meant she had baked something and they would get to have a taste.

Chanyeol could hear her friends coo at whatever tasty pastries she had made all over from his table. Baekhyun swallowed his saliva audibly. "Man, I really want to see what she made today."

"I think it's brownies." Sehun murmured as he walked towards the table. "I saw when I was walking past. Damn, the smell of the chocolate."

Chanyeol looked down. He lied when he said he didn't like anything sweet.

"Man, you're lucky to be able to always enjoy her baking." Suho looked at Chanyeol. "She always saves  you the best and largest pieces."

Chanyeol shrugged.

And inwardly, he waited for her to come. He waited as he ate his salad. He waited as he finished his kimchi stew. He waited as he tried to drink his orange juice as slowly as possible.

He waited even as he couldn't delay the meal any longer and all the EXO-K boys were done eating and waiting for him to go as he stubbornly insisted on eating every last piece of ice in his orange juice.

But still she didn't come over. She didn't even look at him.

Chanyeol trudged out of the cafeteria, puzzled. *Could it be, that she really gave up on me this time?*

-----

It was a strange feeling.

To have someone fawning over your every move, being there all the time, trying to get closer to you and you having to push her off with every possibility, and all of a sudden, all that was gone.

When Jiyul walked past Chanyeol in the hallways, she gave him a polite nod and continued walking without lingering her gaze. Instead, it was Chanyeol who kept sneaking peeks at her, wondering what was up.

It wasn't until one week later that he realized and accepted what had happened: Yoon Jiyul had given up on him. Completely.

Chanyeol tried to be happy about it. He had tried to think positively about the whole thing, since it was what he had always wanted hadn't he? He wanted for her to stop bothering him, to stop all those stupid things she had been doing.

But the more Chanyeol tried to be happy, the more empty he felt.

Why did he feel bad when Jiyul never paid him so much attention anymore? Why didn't he like it when another guy talked to her and stood too close? Why was he even thinking about her anyway?

And then he realized, he liked her.

And it seemed to be too late.

"Chanyeol. Chanyeol?" Jiyul waved her hands in front of his face. "Are you listening at all?"

Chanyeol blinked. He brightened when he saw her and thought perhaps he was wrong, perhaps she hadn't given up on him after all.

"Finally." Jiyul blew on her bangs. "Teacher Jung wanted me to pass you this assignment." she gave him a piece of paper. "She said to submit it by Friday." she nodded and turned around to go.

Chanyeol felt his heart sinking and he grabbed on her arm without thinking. "Wait."

Jiyul turned around to look at him. "Yes, Chanyeol?"

"Can..." Chanyeol fidgeted. "Can we talk?"

Jiyul looked uncertain. "Uhm..."

"Please, just five minutes." Chanyeol pulled her to the back of the school. Jiyul followed him, frowning. They stood facing each other as Jiyul tapped her feet, waiting for him to start talking. "Chanyeol, what do y ou want to talk about?"

"Why haven't you given me cupcakes?" Chanyeol blurted.

Jiyul blinked. "You said so yourself, you didn't like sweet things." she pointed out. "And anyway you said you didn't want me making anything for you. You said," she took a deep breath. "You said you didn't like me remember?"

Jiyul laughed bitterly. "So I finally figured that it was time to give up because I was wasting both our times on this one. I didn't bother you like you wanted, right?"

"No." Chanyeol closed his eyes momentarily. He really ed up didn't he. "I was wrong, Jiyul. I didn't even realize what I wanted until you were gone. I had a retarded thought that you would be there no matter how many times I pushed you away, thinking that even if you got hurt, you could recover quickly. I was wrong."

Jiyul blinked tears away.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol whispered. "It wasn't until you weren't by my side that I realize how I looked forward to seeing you at my lockers each day. That I anticipated seeing what you baked for me as I snuck bites during class. That I liked you asking me what I did after school because then I would know what you did after school as well."

Jiyul looked up at him, surprised. "What are you trying to say, Chanyeol?"

"I'm trying to say that," Chanyeol took a deep breath. "That I like you. I really do." he looked at her sincerely. "Am I...am I too late?"

Jiyul lowered her head, her eyes darting around as she took in everything she said. Her mind was positively whirling and she couldn't think.

"I..." Jiyul looked at him. "I still like you, you know."

Chanyeol brightened.

"But." Jiyul bit her lip. "I can't accept you so easily, not after all that."

Chanyeol's face fell.

"If you really want me," Jiyul whispered. "You'll have to catch me. You have to chase after me, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol softened and held her gaze. "I will. I really will."