Perfection can ruin everything

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username : maanchi_14
 Featuring male idol : Luhan
Featuring female : Chaerin
 Plot : Chaerin wants her mother's bday party to be perfect in every way but her boyfriend is trying to disturb or bother her in every way. What if Chaerin suddenly get angry ats Luhan. Luhan walks out. While having the party , Chaerin suddenly felt something is missing in the party, something missing in her. She remebers Luhan and immediately run and find him to tell sorry for what she have done.
 Genre : drama , romance
 Title : Perfection can ruin ecerything

 

-----

 

Chaerin tapped her chin as she considered the different flowers. "Should it be carnations or roses?" she murmured.

She had worked really hard for her mother's birthday party because it was the first time her workaholic mother would be in Seoul for her birthday and Chaerin wanted to give her mother a smashing party to make up for the other years she missed celebrating with her mother.

She twisted her lips as she made up a whole list of things she had to take care of for the birthday party the next day.

A pair of arms sneaked around her waist and tightened, hugging her tightly. "Baby." Luhan murmured, burying his face in her hair. "Hi, I'm here."

Chaerin gave a grunt. "Hn."

Luhan kissed her temple and rested his chin on her shoulder, blinking at what she was doing. "Wow, that's a lot of things you've got to do right there." he muttered, frowning.

Chaerin nodded. "Yes, so can you please entertain yourself with the other things in my house while I do this?" she asked absent-mindedly. "I'm not free right now."

Luhan pouted and kissed her earlobe. "Babe, I just got here." he whined. "Can't you spare five minutes for me? I can't stay for long. I've got a schedule soon and I've got to leave in twenty minutes."

Chaerin continued doing whatever she was doing. "I'm busy, Luhan. I'm serious." she chewed on the insides of her cheeks. "I don't have time to spare."

"Not even five minutes?" Luhan frowned. His fingers played with her hair as he turned her sideways to plant a kiss on the corner of her lips. "Come on, at least one kiss." he bargained.

"Luhan." Chaerin turned to look at him. "I really don't have time. The party is tomorrow."

"And everything is already done." Luhan frowned. He retracted his hands from around her waist and crossed them in front of his chest. "Honestly, I've helped you for this party even though I'm busy with all the EXO schedules and everything. You can trust me when I say that most of the things are done and you can relax. Everything is going to be fine tomorrow."

"That's what you think." Chaerin scoffed. "I want everything to be perfect. Absolutely perfect. I don't settle for second-grade, Luhan. And I want my mother to have the best birthday ever."

She turned away and grabbed her list that Luhan had managed to pluck out of her hands and drop on the table top while she was talking. "So go away, Luhan. I wish you never even came, you're a distraction."

Luhan's mouth fell open and his arms fell limply by his sides. "What?" he whispered, hurt. "You wished I never came?"

"Yes!" Chaerin frowned. "Look at what you've done since you came in! You only distracted me and I've got nothing done. You shouldn't have come, Luhan."

Luhan stood up, backing away. "I have a lot of schedules to go to, Chaerin. I fly from Seoul to China all the time and I hardly get to see you. Yet I spend my time helping you with the party because I know it means something to you." he whispered. "Even now when the rest of my members are resting at the dorm before the next schedule, I risk getting recognized and I come all the way here to see you and you don't even appreciate it."

He turned away. "If you don't want me here, fine. I won't be."

-----

"It's such a lovely party, Chaerin." Her mother looked around, smiling widely.

Chaerin had invited all her mother's friends and the adults were simply astonished by how a girl  could hold such a wonderful elegant party for them all. "I really appreciate it." her mother had told her, and Chaerin felt herself glow with pride.

"This is exceptional, Chaerin." Mrs Kim, her mother's friend came to talk to Chaerin. "This flower arrangement. Where did you order the flowers from?"

"It's from this shop called Flowers Delight, Mrs Kim." Chaerin smiled. "I got a discount because the owner of the shop is the uncle of my boyfri-" she faltered, her face falling.

"Oh how lovely." Mrs Kim didn't notice Chaerin's slip. "I'll go get more champagne. Good job tonight, girl."

Chaerin watched as Mrs Kim left. *But it wasn't my hardwork alone. Luhan helped me along with this.*

She felt tears gathering in her eyes as she thought about him. She had spent the whole of last night trying not to think of Luhan and burying herself in the details of the party that day. But Luhan was right. There weren't a lot of things to do and the only reason why she could accomplish so much in such a short time was because LUhan was there to help her with her.

She was ashamed of herself for treating her superstar boyfriend like that. She shouldn't have.

At that moment, Chaerin felt the emptiness in her heart grow and gnaw at her uncomfortably as she looked around. The party was smashing, it was fun and enjoyable and everyone looked like they were having a good time.

Except her.

She didn't fit in because all of them were grown ups and all along, she thought the only comfort was that Luhan would be there with her.

He didn't turn up that day, not that she expected him to. He didn't call her or message her good night like he used to do so everyday.

He was angry with her, really angry, for the first time in their relationship.

Chaerin choked, a tear rolling down her cheek. Her mother came over to her side, worried for her daughter. "Chaerin, what's wrong?" she cooed. "Why are you crying?"

"L-Luhan." Chaerin sobbed. "I have to go find him."

Her mother nodded and pushed her towards the entrance. "Then go."

Chaerin ran as fast as she could and flagged for a cab, not caring how she looked like a crazy woman while waving her limbs about to grab a cabbie's attention. She got to the EXO-M dorm and abused the doorbell incessantly, hoping that Luhan would be home.

He was.

He opened the door, his hair in a mess and wearing an oversized shirt. His eyes widened when he saw her and took in her sight of pretty party shoes and dress, but with a horrible wind-messed hair.

"What are you doing here, Chaerin?" he gaped. "aren't you supposed to be at your mother's party?"

"I am." Chaerin threw herself at him and hugged him tightly. "But it wasn't the same without you. I'm so sorry for dissing you yesterday Luhan. I didn't mean it. You being here for me all this time means a lot to me and I should have shown it. I'm so sorry."

Luhan wrapped his arms around her and rocked them side to side. "Forgiven." he murumured, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Should we get you back to the party since you've worked so hard for it?"

Chaerin looked upa t him and smiled. "No. Let's have one here ourselves."

Luhan smiled and his hand cupped the nape of her neck, bringing her face up to his. "I like the sound of that." he whispered, before leaning down to capture her lips.

 

 

 

 

-----

I've finally reached less that 10 requests left. *PHEW*

It's quite embarrassing, seeing how I've only opened the shop for like 8 hours the first time before having the close it because of overload. It's quite tiring to write a single oneshot, honestly.

I'm opening the shop again :DDD

BUTTTT!!!! It's now 8:47pm here, I'm going to open it to 11pm to gage the number of requests. If there's too much, I won't open it again. If I think it's manageable, I'll open the shop again with the next update to notify you guys.

I just thought to let the other people who hadn't requested the first time, to get a chance to request for it. So people who had already requested, please refrain from requesting and let others have a chance alright?

Anyway Merry Christmas!