Completely Whipped

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: Sakura-Juliette
 Male Idol: Kim Jonghyun (SHINee)
 OC: Lee Minah
 Plot: The playboy falls for a cold girl and realises that she's not that cold after all.
 Genre: Fluff, romance
 Title: Completely Whipped

 

-----

 

"Honey, it's not that I want to, but you heard what the fortune teller said." Jonghyun cooed. "I'll bring disaster to you. I don't want that."

His girlfriend, Jinae, sobbed sadly into his chest while he held her. "I don't care about that, baby." she sniffled. "I only want you. I don't care if I'm bankrupt and everything, I just want to be with you."

Jonghyun her hair comfortingly and pushed her away. "It's not going to work out, babe. I have to leave you because it's going to do you good." he looked seriously sympathetic and it could only be credited to his years long training for this sort of scenarios.

"You'll find a guy better than me, baby." Jonghyun murmured. *Like real.* "I'm breaking up with you because I love you, alright?"

----

"Dude! You succeeded again?" Minho guffawed.

Jonghyun gestured to himself. "Flawlessly." he grinned. "And now she never even suspected that I bribed the fortune teller and till now she still thinks I'm a sacrificial person, letting her go because I love her. HAH Love!" he slapped his thigh.

"You're incorrigible." Key rolled his eyes. "When are you going to fall for a girl? Like emotionally getting involved? You're pretty heartless right now, Jjong. I can't wait to see you fall in the charms of a girl and not being to pull yourself away."

Taemin grinned. "I think I'd like to see that too."

"As if it'll happen." Jonghyun snickered. "As if the great Kim Jonghyun would succumb to a mere girl!" he laughed as if the idea was absurd.

Onew shook his head knowingly. "You know dude, one day love is going to hit you in the and you don't even know what happened."

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Meh. Oh look, that girl's hot. I'm going to go talk to her." he bounced off enthusiastically. Key followed the direction of Jonghyun's gaze and laughed. "I think he's going to have a hard time with her."

Minho looked over and chuckled. "You're right. It's Lee Minah."

-----

"Hey beautiful," Jonghyun stopped beside her. "Let oppa buy you a drink."

The girl shot him a glare and turned to the bartender. "One Singapore Sling." she muttered. "I'll pay for hers." Jonghyun handed the bartender his card and the girl twisted his arm. She sneered at him. "I can pay my own drink, dude."

"Oww oww!" Jonghyun retracted his hand. "I get it! Feminism, independent lady. I get it, I really do."

The girl rolled her eyes and the bartender her credit card instead. She got her drink and sipped it casually, turning around to watch the people dancing on the dance floor. Jonghyun watched her, admiring her features.

This girl was really bringing beautiful to a whole new level. Her lashes were long and thick as she lowered her gaze to her drink, and Jonghyun didn't think she had any help with fake eyelashes, perhaps only mascara. Her eyes were large and bright while her lips were pink and luscious.

Jonghyun felt a stirring within him and he really wanted to bag this chick, more than he ever felt before. He had to turn his charisma to full blown mode.

"So, what's your name, beautiful?" Jonghyun collected his drink and leaned against the bar suavely. The girl glanced at him once and rolled her eyes. "For me to know, for you to find out."

Jonghyun's face fell, completely not expecting her answer. The bartender snickered and mouthed. "Lee Minah."

"Oh Minah?" Jonghyun looked back at her. Minah sent the bartender a look and the dude shrugged. "Good name for someone as beautiful as you." he praised.

She raised her brows at him and laughed. "You seriously thought I would fall for that ?" she smirked. "Dude, don't try to get a girl you can't have." she patted his cheek, downed her drink, and strode onto the dance floor.

Jonghyun gaped at her in surprise and snapped his head to look at the bartender when he heard the latter laughing. "Serves you right for trying to hit on the cold ice princess Lee Minah. Nice to look, nice to see, but once you talk to her, nah." he made her a face. "No guy's ever going to melt her, you know that?"

Jonghyun frowned. "Watch me." he slammed his fists on the table top. "Where does she work and live?"

-----

And that was how Jonghyun came to know Minah.

Surprisingly, he found out that she worked in a university as a Professor Assistant, which was way out of what he expected her to do. He went to look for her everyday and got snubbed every single time. Even her colleagues told him to give it up because no way was Minah going to fall for him.

The thing was, Jonghyun started falling for her.

He didn't exactly know which moment he started falling, but one day when he was following her home and holding up the umbrella over her head when it started snowing, she hit him in the stomach and rolled her eyes, telling him that she didn't need his help. And then she grabbed her coat, held it over her head, and ran off in the snow.

That was when he knew he had fallen.

But her friends were right. She was cold, very cold. Too cold to be true and it was difficult for him to even force a reply from her, much less get some response to his advances.

That day, Jonghyun was waiting outside Minah's apartment for her to get home, as usual. He kicked at the snow and waited, knowing that any time, Minah would be returning from work.

He caught sight of her walking back home and he waved enthusiastically, until he realized she was holding on to a young boy's hand. The boy was approximately eight or nine and was dressed in tatters. Minah's coat was wrapped around the boy's shoulders and she herself was shivering madly.

Jonghyun didn't know why he hid but he ducked behind the garbage bin. Minah led the boy inside and Jonghyun crept to the door.

"Thank you for letting me stay here noona." Jonghyun heard as he pressed his ears to the door.

"No problem kiddo." Minah's voice was heard. "You stay here as long as you want until you find your father okay? What would you like for dinner? I'll call takeout."

Jonghyun softened, a small smile lighting his lips. He flung the door open and Minah yelped in shock. His eyes settled on the young boy and he gave a grin. "Don't worry about take out, Hyung will cook for you. How about kimchi fried rice?"

"Assa!" the boy beamed.

Jonghyun's eyes slowly moved to look at Minah and her expression was unreadable. She slowly moved away to let him in and nodded her consent for the use of her kitchen.

Jonghyun was absolutely elated for her compromise, feeling hope rush through his veins.

Maybe there might be a chance for the ice princess to melt for him, too.