Too Busy to love

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username : KimAmina
 2. Featuring male idol : Kim Jonghyun (SHINee)
 3. Featuring female OC : Shin Yoomi
4. Plot : Jonhyun is always busy and that made Yoomi angry because they don't spend much time together now.
 5. Genre : romcom
 6. Title : Busy to love

 

------

 

Yoomi slammed the phone down with a growl. HOW DARE HE?

"How dare he skip out on another date AGAIN?" She fumed as she stormed around the house. "It's the sixth date he has cancelled on me. The freaking sixth!"

She grabbed a pillow and squeezed it, imagining that to be Jonghyun's neck.

"How can he treat me like this?" She muttered angrily. "Is his work more important than I am? Like seriously, he was such a sweetheart when he was courting me and now that we're dating, he doesn't even spend time with me."

Yoomi threw the pillow back on her bed and stormed to the kitchen to fix herself a drink to calm her nerves.

"I hate you, Kim Jonghyun." Yoomi muttered, clenching her fists. "Don't expect me to turn up on the next date the next time you call me."

-----

Yoomi sat at the cafe, wearing a flower printed white dress and a cute pink headband.

She didn't mean to. She meant to be mad at Jonghyun her boyfriend for as long as possible and make him regret everything he had done.

Jonghyun and Yoomi have been dating for a good two years and they had recently graduated from university and gotten their own jobs. Yoomi had a job as a fashion designer's assistant. It was very hectic but she lilked the challenge.

And even if she was really busy, she still made it a point to turn up for the dates. I mean, punctuality right?

But Jonghyun had disgraced punctuality to the greatest extent because he didn't even turn up. That guy had the nerve. He had called her to cancel on the dates he had promised, a total of six times now. Yoomi felt like she was being played. Which boyfriend kept cancelling on their girlfriend like he did to her?

She really meant to be stay angry at him this time. She wanted to be the one to cancel on him. She wanted to make him feel just what she felt when he cancelled on her.

But she turned up all the same.

Yoomi loved Jonghyun too much and she missed him. Two weeks of not seeing him because of their busy schedules was killing her. She resented his job a lot, it was his main time taker now and he was too tired when he got home every night to even keep a proper conversation with her on the phone.

Yoomi sighed and combed through her hair with her fingers. She tapped her fingers and looked around with her lips pursed. "Where is he?" she muttered. He was ten minutes late.

Yoomi would have scolded him for being late in the past when they were dating, but now, she would be grateful if he even turned up. Minutes ticked away and soon half and hour passed. Jonghyun was still nowhere to be seen.

Yoomi's face grew blacker and blacker and her fists clenched. Her phone finally rang and she glanced at it, the selca of Jonghyun and her popping up on the screen.

She let out a bitter laugh and rolled her eyes. "Again?" she muttered. "I'm really sorry Yoomi baby, but things were so hectic in the office. I'm sorry but I'll have to cancel on the date again." she already memorized his words.

She growled and took his call. "Hello?"

"Hello? Yoomi?" Jonghyun's voice came from the other end of the line. "I'm really sorry Yoomi baby, but things were so hectic in the office."

Yoomi's face dulled. BINGO.

"I'm really sorry for being late but I'll-"

"Have to cancel on the date again." Yoomi finished for him. She rolled her eyes. "Don't call me on a date when you don't intend on turning up, Kim Jonghyun. I'm never going on a date with you ever again!" she hung up, furious.

She looked around her and noticed a few pitying looks from the people around her, finding out that she had been cancelled on by her boyfriend. Yoomi promptly took her bag and left the embarrassing place, fumes almost coming out of her eyes and nose.

This time, she was for real.

She wasn't going to pick up his calls. Oh look, there came one now.

Yoomi rejected his call.

SHe wasn't going to reply his messages. Oh great, her phone just vibrated. She peered at it and wala, it was Jonghyun. She turned her phone off without looking at his message and stuffed it back into her bag.

Shin Yoomi was on a mission to ignore and avoid Kim Jonghyun. At all costs.

-----

Yoomi got back home and slammed the door. She washed away her makeup she spent such a long time doing and ruffled her hair, destroying her hairdo. She changed out of the flowery dress into a large tee and baggy gym pants and crawled into bed.

She her stereo system to it's loudest volume till her head hurt, but she didn't care. She could be sure the entire neighborhood could hear SNSD's Gee right now.

Yoomi buried herself under the covers and wallowed in her misery. She was surprised to find that tears came easily when she finally settled down, and when it started, she found that she couldn't stop crying.

She was supposed to be angry and pissed, but deep inside, Shin Yoomi was hurt. The feeling of being left behind was horrible and hard to bear. She didn't know how many times of this she could bear before finally breaking down.

She didn't notice someone come into her apartment until a weight on the corner of her mattress caused the bed to sink down. "Babe?" Jonghyun's concerned voice rang in her ears.

Yoomi clutched at her blankets and buried her face in her pillows. "Go away." her voice was muffled through the fabric.

Jonghyun sighed and pulled at the blankets. "Don't do this Yoomi." he cooed. "I'm sorry I was late. You misunderstood, I was really going to turn up this time. I was just held back by work." His voice was laden with guilt. "I'm sorry for cancelling on you so many times."

Yoomi's voice was even softer as she shuffled under the sheets. "Burn in hell, bastard."

Jonghyun chuckled softly and he hugged the lump of Yoomi under the blankets. "I'm sorry for not spending enough time with you Yoomi baby." he murmured. "Work is horrifying. It's the end of the quarter right now and we've got a lot of things to do. But I know that's no excuse for my tardiness."

"Glad you know." Yoomi sniffled.

Jonghyun hugged her through the blankets and rocked her side to side. "The peak period is ending soon. I've taken a one week leave from next week onwards." he was grinning. "How does that sound?"

Yoomi threw the blankets over her head and looked at him. "Really?" she squeaked. Jonghyun took in her tear stained face and he chuckled softly, wiping her tears away.

"Yes really." Jonghyun pecked her lips.

Yoomi smiled and snuggled into his embrace. "Be prepared, Mr Kim Jonghyun. I'm exceptionally busy next week and I foresee myself cancelling dates on you quite a bit."

Jonghyun kissed the top of her head. "I'll still wait."