My Bestfriend

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: imkyramatela
 Male Characters: Xi Luhan, Oh Sehun
 Female Characters: Kim Kaira, Park Louise
 Plot: Kaira and Luhan are betsfriends. Kaira loved Luhan since they were kids but never confessed. Luhan always try to give Kaira hints that he loves her but she doesn't notice. Whenever Luhan is with Louise, Luhan's lab partner(As friends only), and approaches Kaira, she always pretends that she loves Sehun. (Sehun is also Kaira's close friend). Whenever she's with Luhan she always talks about Sehun because she doesn't want Luhan to know that she loves him because she might break their friendship. Luhan misunderstood it and started to date Louise, seeing that he had no chance for Kaira. In the end Luhan and Kaira understand their feelings for each other and started to date with each other.
 Genre: Romance
 Title: My Bestfriend

 

-----

 

Kaira smiled as Sehun said a joke. She wasn't listening much because something, or specifically, somebody, had occupied her mind so much that she couldn't take in anything else.

That someone was her best friend, Luhan. She didn't know when she fell for him, but for as long as she could remember, she already did.

Sehun was Kaira's good friend as well, but no one could compare to Luhan in her heart. And that said Luhan was currently laughing with his lab partner Louise, not knowing how that action caused a million stabs through Kaira's heart.

"Hey Kaira, I have to go to the toilet." Sehun murmured, getting up. "Can you watch the bunsen burner for a bit? You know when to stop heating the solution right?"

"Yeah no probs." Kaira nodded. "Go on."

She watched as Sehun left and she held the test tube with a test tube holder, feeling the heat from the fire on her wrist as she glanced at Luhan and Louise once in a while. It hurt to even look, did that make sense?

At some point, Luhan came over to Kaira's table and she straightened. "Hey." Luhan smiled softly at his best friend. She didn't know it, but Luhan liked her a lot. A lot a lot, since they were kids. He kept giving hints of his feelings for her but she never noticed, she never realized, never thought that he could possibly like her more than a friend.

Kaira looked up from her test tube. "Hey." she broke into a smile. "Whatcha doing here?" she glanced back at Louise who was watching over, acting like a girlfriend looking at her boyfriend while he talked to another girl. Kaira felt a stab of pain.

"Nah, you looked lonely because Sehun's not around, so I thought I'd keep my best friend company since we're done with the experiment anyways." Luhan offered a cute grin. "How could Sehun leave you huh?" he continued dramatically. "You know I would never leave you, Kaira." he winked.

It seemed like a joke but he really meant it. He would never leave her, never.

Kaira glanced back at Louise and tore her eyes away. "Well thanks but you have Louise waiting." she murmured, trying not to show that she was jealous. She couldn't risk letting him know of her feelings. What if he didn't return them? "I already have Sehun, he'll return soon."

Luhan blinked. "But..." he wondered if she knew they weren't talking about science lab partners anymore but something much deeper. "You like him?" he asked, straightforward. He kept a neutral expression and bumped her shoulders playfully. "Come on, tell your best friend, do you like Sehun?"

Best friend. Best friend. Best friend. Kaira blinked the tears away. "Yeah, yeah I do."

-----

Luhan sat on the bench, staring out into space. He never thought he would experience pain this severe and intense, and it wasn't even physically. He was hurting so badly and no doctor could help him.

Luhan sighed softly. "She likes Sehun." he murmured. Sehun was his good friend as well and he really wanted to be happy for them, but he couldn't. He was absolutely sure that he loved Kaira much more fiercely than Sehun could, and he wasn't even sure if Sehun liked Kaira that way.

"But it doesn't matter, she likes him, not you." Luhan whispered.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Louise plopped down beside him on the bench. She smiled at him brightly and Luhan faked one back. Louise was a nice girl, why couldn't he like her instead?

"Are you thinking of Kaira again?" Louise asked. She laughed at his expression. "I know, Luhan. It's pretty obvious that you like her because you always look over to her side even when we're at lab." she sighed softly. "But she told you she likes Sehun, shouldn't you let go now?"

Luhan bit his lip, his voice choking in his throat. He couldn't make a sound.

"I don't mind being a replacement, Luhan." Louise whispered softly. "I've liked you since the first day of school. I just hope you'd give me a chance."

Luhan's eyes widened and he stared at Louise, not expecting the sudden confession. His thoughts trailed to Kaira and every fibre of him was screaming at his brain to NOT agree. But then he thought of how Kaira liked Sehun and he deflated.

He offered Louise a half-hearted smile. "Maybe we can try."

-----

Kaira's eyes widened when she saw another pair of shoes outside Luhan's house. A female pair of shoes.

Her heart sank, a gnawing feeling emerging in the pits of her tummy. She was going to be sick. She heard a female laughter in the house while the tv blasted away what Kaira recognized as the Simpson's show.

Who was the girl? Why did Luhan have a girl in his house? Was she his girlfriend?

Kaira knocked on the door. A few anxious heart beats later, Louise opened the door. Kaira's eyes widened. "Louise?" she whispered in surprise."What are you doing here in Luhan's house?"

"Oh." Louise blushed. "Well...he hasn't told you?" she looked back into the house. "Well I would have preferred if Luhan could tell you face to face since he's your best friend, but he's in the bathroom bathing because I accidentally spilled orange juice on him." she giggled.

Kaira swallowed. She never really heard any of that blabber.

"Well actually," Louise smiled. "We're dating. Luhan and I."

"Oh." Kaira couldn't breathe. She had to get out of there. Now. "That's....n-nice." she took a step back. "I'll...leave you l-lovebirds. Bye." she her heel and ran without looking back.

Louise stared at her classmate, not understanding her reaction. Luhan told her that Kaira liked Sehun, but from that reaction, it clearly said otherwise. "Who was that?" Luhan emerged from the bathroom. "I heard talking."

Louise fiddled with the hem of her blouse. To say or not to say? If she didn't say anything, Luhan wouldn't know. Maybe Kaira didn't even like Luhan that way and it was all in her imagination that she thought Kaira was about to cry. Luhan might learn to love her and they would be happy forever.

Louise shook her head and swallowed. But she couldn't do that.

"Luhan," she took a deep breath. "Kaira visited."

-----

Luhan ran.

He ran and ran down twelve blocks and finally arrived at Kaira's house. He spotted her sitting outside her house, or rather, crouching, as she buried her face between her knees as her body shook with her every sob. She was crying.

Louise didn't tell him much. She told him Kaira visited and that she looked like she was going to cry, that was all he heard before Luhan bolted out of the house.

Luhan's fists clenched as he sat down beside Kaira, panting slightly. She didn't lift her head but Luhan knew she knew he was there.

"Is it Sehun?" he asked, his voice cracking. "Did he do something to you?"

Kaira gave a bitter laugh. "It never was Sehun. I lied." her voice was thick, like she cried for a long time. "I lied to hide my true feelings."

Luhan's eyes widened. "Then who?"

Kaira's arms tightened around her knees. "It doesn't matter now, he's dating someone else." she whispered. "There's nothing you can do."

"I can." Luhan wrapped his arms around her and brought her face to his chest as he her hair. "I will punch the soul out of his body." he gritted his teeth. "And make sure he dies a painful death."

Kaira let out a humorless laugh. "You'll punch yourself?"

Luhan blinked. He didn't believe what he just heard and he replayed the entire conversation in his head once more to confirm. He brought Kaira's face up to look at him and gasped. "Wait, so it's me?"

Kaira looked away. "It's you, it has always been you." she wiped desperately at her eyes. "But you said-" Luhan gaped.

"I lied, okay?" Kaira moved to stand up. "Now if you'll excuse me."

Luhan yanked her down, his face breaking into one of her favorite sunny smiles. "You shouldn't have lied." he wiped at her tears. "It's always been you for me too. Always."

And then he leaned down to meet her lips.

Luhan her best friend. That title needed some changing now, Kaira thought as she smiled dreamily into the kiss. Big changes. Big big changes.