The aftermath of bumping into Byun Baekhyun on the bus

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: TeenTopHolic
2. Featuring male idol: Baekhyun (EXO)
3. Featuring female OC : Oh Yeon Ah
4: Plot : Oh Yeonah is madly in love with Byun Baekhyun, the bad boy of the school, but what happens when she accidentally bumps into him on the bus( I'll let authornim do that)? Baekhyun is just as nervous as Yeonah possibly because his in love with her too. Will this meeting create a new couple or another bad image of Baekhyun?
5: Genre: romance comedy
6: Title: The aftermath of bumping into Byun Baekhyun on the bus

 

-----

 

Yeonah peeked at him from behind her book, letting out a small dreamy sigh.

It was Byun Baekhyun, the ultimate bad boy of the school. He rarely appeared in school, only coming when the school gave warnings to his parents and even so he didn't care much. He ditched whenever he felt like it and talked back to the teachers.

He had a really short temper and got into quite a few fights ever since he entered high school, all of which he had retaliated in extreme manners when mildly provoked. Everyone was at the minimum, slightly afraid of Baekhyun. Even the buff tough guys were afraid of him.

Baekhyun's middle name was really trouble, anyone associated with him had to be ready to get into any type of deep any time. Anywhere.

Being with Baekhyun as friends or accquaintances was a certain guarantee for trouble to be looking for you. You had to be ready to stand up for Baekhyun whenever he needed help and fight by him whenever he got into one if you were a guy.

If you were a girl...nah. There weren't any girls in Baekhyun's life.

He only had cool brotherly friends like the EXO boys. However, he didn't have any particular girl which he talked to much. He didn't like girls, thought they were too whiny and bothersome.

Some of this EXO friends had girlfriends and boy, girls were high maintanence. You had to bring her out at least twice a week for dates, and you were expected to think of the places to bring her to, arranging the schedule for the dates and trying to impress her every time. He had shaken his head plenty of times when he saw his friends racking their heads over where to bring their girlfriends.

You were also expected to bring them gifts now and then to surprise them once again. The romantic texts once in a while and calling every night to say goodnight.

Seriously, that wasn't Byun Baekhyun's style at all.

And since Baekhyun had no interest in any of the girls going after him whatsoever, he became more attractive in the eyes of the girls. Everyone wanted to be the special girl that could melt the bad boy's heart, wanted to be the only girl that he wanted to give a shot at a relationship for.

And as shallow as it was, Yeonah was one of them.

It was strange, really, because Yeonah didn't even like bad boys. Her crushes when she was in elementary school consisted of class monitor Lee Jinki, piano club leader Moon Jongup and student council president Kevin Woo. Noticed the trend?

She never liked trouble makers to begin with. She didn't like how Baekhyun would talk back to the teachers as if he was correct, she didn't like how he didn't wear his uniform properly, his messy hair and him cursing in every sentence he spoke.

The reason why Yeonah fell for Baekhyun was because she had seen how underneath that bad boy image, Byun Baekhyun was actually kind. She accidentally saw him at the market once and at that time, a kid of around four to five had fallen down and lost sight of his mother.

The kid was crying so loud and Baekhyun was the first person to rush to him, calming the kid down. He comforted the kid and bought him a lolly, and eventually made sure that he returned to his mother.

Yeonah was really touched and she began noticing him in school. She realized that even though he seemed really mean, he only picked fights on the unreasonable bully types, and he never bothered the weaker ones. He never accepted a single gift from a girl because he never returned their feelings. In all the wrongs Baekhyun had committed, there was a strange reasoning of rights in them.

But he was still Byun Baekhyun. Why would he like a plain jane like her?

Yeonah let out a small sigh and pouted. If only she could choose who she fell in love with.

----

Yeonah waited at the bus stop for her bus.

She had a bags of tonics that her mother had insisted for her to bring because she was going to visit her grandmother. Her grandmother lived in Gwangju and since it was the weekends, she decided to visit her grandmother. Her parents were unable to visit because of their work and she had to go alone.

The bus journey was going to take a few hours and she would stay at her grandmother's for the night and return on Sunday.

The bus finally rolled into sight and Yeonah clambered onto it. She frowned when she saw that the bus was extremely crowded with no place to sit. There were also a bunch of people already standing and she stood beside a tall guy that could have been taller than Lee Kwangsoo, which was a mean feat.

Yeonah hugged her bag pack in front of her, her shoulders already sagging from the weight of the tonics. She swayed as the bus turned around the corners, hoping that the people would get down the bus quickly so that she could sit down.

At the next stop, they came to a shopping centre. Many people got off and some got on and there was a lot of pushing going on. The tall guy standing beside  Yeonah got off and there were two ahjummas pushing in at the same instant. Yeonah was pushed forwards and backwards, right and left at the same time and she got dizzier and dizzier.

The tall guy pushed past Yeonah and she toppled to her right. Her face got slammed into a guy's chest beside her and the bus started moving at the same instant. The momentum caused the guy to wrap his arms around her as he supported them both from falling.

The bus rolled on and Yeonah scrambled to stand up straight. "I'm really sorry about that-"

"Aish can't you ing stand up straight-" the guy faltered when he saw her. "Oh Yeonah?"

"Byun Baekhyun." Yeonah gasped. The first surprise was that she bumped into Baekhyun on a bus. The second shock was that her face had been plastered to his chest just moments ago!! The third...he knew her name??

Yeonah reddened instantly. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry that guy pushed past me to rush down the bus and I lost my balance. I didn't mean to bump into you Baekhyun sshi I'm terribly sorry.." she knew she was babbling but she couldn't help it.

It was Baekhyun! She hadn't even talked to him before!

"It's fine." Baekhyun looked away, clearing his throat awkwardly. The two classmates stood next to each other awkwardly as the bus continued it's journey. Yeonah bit her lip, wondering if she should start a conversation. What if Baekhyun was going off the next stop after all? It would be stupid to try start a conversation.

While she was having her internal battle, the bus reached another stop and two seats were freed up. Baekhyun made a move to sit but stopped, looking at her. He raised his brows and cocked his head.

Yeonah blinked. "Har?"

"Sit." Baekhyun pushed her inside and plopped himself on the aisle seat. Yeonah swallowed, hugging her bag awkwardly. Okay, so if he sat down, it had to mean his destination was far enough away right? Should she start talking?

"Uhm, Baekhyun sshi." Yeonah squeaked. She mentally smacked herself. What happened to her usual voice? "Where are taking the bus to?"

She expected Baekhyun to say "it's none of your business" or something but he actually answered her for real. "Gwangju. To find my grandmother." he cleared his throat. "You?"

Yeonah smiled a small smile. "Me too! I'm going to visit my grandmother too. I'll be staying overnight and I'll take the bus back to Seoul tomorrow morning-" she faltered when she realized she was blabbering again. "Uhm sorry, you probably didn't want to know that." she ducked her head.

Baekhyun didn't say anything but he wasn't blatantly ignoring her as well, which was something to be happy about in her opinion. The bus journey continued for a few more minutes in complete silence until Baekhyun ped his bag.

Yeonah straightened at the sudden movement even though it wouldn't have anything to do with her. He produced a small box of honey stars and ripped it open, popping some into his mouth. Yeonah bit her lip and looked away. Damn, those looked good.

She felt something nudging her at her elbow and she looked over at Baekhyun. He didn't meet her in the eye as he ed the box at her. "Hn." he grunted.

Yeonah blinked at the box. "Why are you giving me this?"

Baekhyun pursed his lips. "Have some." he coughed at the same time to disguise his words but Yeonah heard him perfectly. Yeonah brightened and smiled, accepting the box and pouring some honey stars onto her palm. "Thank you Baekhyun sshi."

She saw the sides of Baekhyun's lips curling upwards and she blinked in surprise. Was he...smiling in her presence?

Yeonah ate her honey stars and took out her bottle of water. She drank some and offered it to Baekhyun, who surprisingly took it and gulped it down without wiping the mouth of the bottle like she saw him do with his other EXO friends.

"Thanks." Baekhyun passed it back to her. The number of passengers on the bus slowly decreased and soon there was only him and her on the bus. Baekhyun took out his phone to play a game and Yeonah peeked at the screen discreetly since she was bored as well.

Baekhyun caught her looking and passed the phone to her. "Want to try?"

Yeonah shook her head. "It's okay. I at these."

"Try." Baekhyun grabbed her hand and shoved his phone at her. Yeonah jerked at the contact. "It's easy. Press that to go right, the other to go left. Try to catch the balls that fall down."

Yeonah did as he told her to but only got three points when Baekhyun had gotten twenty plus points previously when he played it only for a few seconds. She pouted and blew on her bangs. "Aish!"

And then miraculously, Byun Baekhyun laughed. He chuckled heartily and flicked her forehead. "Babo." he took the phone form her, their fingers brushing. "Just do it like this." he coached her.

Yeonah's heart thudded madly in her chest and she tried listening to his words. She tried the game again and got ten points this time. She sulked. "I'm hopeless in this."

"No. By the end of this bus journey, you'll be a pro." Baekhyun told her. "Try again."

-----

Baekhyun and Yeonah got off the bus and stood there awkwardly.

The few hour bus ride had given them a chance to grow closer and Yeonah found that Baekhyun was actually really nice. To her. She caught him staring a her a few times with this dreamy expression of longing and she actually doubted if she really did see him looking like that.

Yeonah cleared . "I'm going that way." she pointed right. Baekhyun pointed the other way. "I go there."

"Okay." Yeonah waved shyly. "Bye Baekhyun sshi."

She hugged her bag to continue with her journey when Baekhyun called out to her. She turned around blinked at him in confusion. "Wait for me here tomorrow morning." he told her.

Yeonah blinked.

"We'll take the bus home together." Baekhyun turned red and whipped around to walk away quickly. Yeonah slowly broke into a smile.

Tomorrow morning? She'll be there.