The Start of a New Beginning

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

 Username: Illypoo
 Featuring male idol: Oh Sehun
Featuring female (OC): Melanie Choi
 Plot: A highschool couple that just started dating and were on their first date. It started off as being as awkward as hell and it ends with them having their first kiss !
Genre: Innocent, fluff, cute
Title: The start of a new beginning

 

-----

 

Sehun his lips nervously as he waited outside her house.

He checked the bouquet of roses he had for the gazillionth time and was relieved to see that it hadn't wilted. Like duh it hadn't. He just bought it ten minutes ago.

Sehun took out his phone and checked his hair, making sure that there wasn't a single strand that was out of place. He fixed his shirt and his pants, brushing off some imaginary dirt on his shoes.

Really, Oh Sehun wasn't that much of a diva most of the times, but today was different. Today, Sehun was taking Melanie out for a date.

Who was Melanie, you might ask?

Melanie was an one quarter British, one quarter American half korean girl in his school. (Yes, complicated blood right there.) Sehun ahd Melanie were in the same class and slowly but surely fell for each other. He only asked her to be his girlfriend like two weeks ago and today was his first date.

Sehun swallowed as he looked up at the intimidating house again. Melanie was from a rather rich family and her house was...more like a mansion. Sehun was from a moderately well to do family and he was afraid he couldn't give her the riches and enjoyment she was used to.

Yes, even on a first date.

And not to mention he was extremely nervous about bringing her out for the first time. Believe it or not, Melanie was his first girlfriend and he definitely didn't want to screw up, not on his first date. Oh goddamnit.

The door clicked open and Sehun straightened immediately, looking like a lamp post. Melanie poked her head out and smiled at him. "Hi Sehun." she looked back into the house. "Umma! I'm going off!"

"Alright!" her mother hollered back.

Melanie wore her dainty flats carefully and made her way to Sehun. He watched her, his heart thudding quickly as if it was on overtime. She was beautiful. Hazel brown hair, large chocolate colored eyes, a sweet pair of pink lips. She had worn a light cream flare out dress with a thin golden necklace, bringing out the golden specks in her eyes.

Sehun was speechless.

"H-Hey." Sehun croaked. He cleared his throat, clearly embarrassed. "I mean, hey." he smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is for you." he gave her the bouquet of roses. "You look g-good. Really good."

Melanie flushed red and nodded, smiling meekly. "I'll go back to keep the flowers for a minute." she darted back home.

Sehun let out a large breath. Two minutes and he was going to get a heart attack. How was he supposed to impress her for the rest of the day?

-----

Sehun brought Melanie to the movies since he thought that when they were watching the show, he would calm his nerves a little. Apparently not.

Because with Melanie so close by his side, he could smell her faint vanilla scent and the heat of her arm on the arm rest. They shared a tub of popcorn between them and they reached for the popcorn gingerly, carefully.

Their fingers accidentally brushed each other's and they snapped their gazes to each other.

"Sorry." Sehun retracted his hand.

Melanie nodded, her cheeks pinking and she was glad they were in the dark and he couldn't see. She took some popcorn and pushed the tub to Sehun so he could eat too. The movie advanced to the stage where the main leads were staring at each other in their eyes, mesmerized, and so obviously going to kiss.

Sehun swallowed. *Don't kiss.* he glanced at Melanie beside him and squeezed his eyes shut. *This is so awkward. I can't stare at the screen or I'll look like a . I can't stare at her or she'll think i want to kiss her.*

He blinked. *I do want to.* he shook his head. *ARGH!*

And the series of events had to be arranged such that, the character HAD to kiss. The guy smiled gently and tugged the female lead to him, trapping her in his arms. He lowered his lips to hers in an agonizingly slow movement and Sehun wished he could move faster.

Melanie cleared beside him and drank her coke, suddenly very interested in the coke bottle.

Sehun reached for the popcorn, shoving a handful into his mouth. Sehun glanced at Melanie the same time as she glanced at him and their eyes met.

Immediately, both looked away from each other with their cheeks flaming hot even though the cinema was freezing cold. Sehun closed his eyes. *Oh agony.*

-----

And then they were walking on the streets.

Sehun looked around and wondered if he should hold her hand like the other couples were doing. Melanie looked around at the couples and wondered if Sehun would hold her hand.

Sehun screwed his face up and bit his lip, wanting to whine. AHHH this was so difficult!

He slowly took a deep breath and inched closer to Melanie. "Hey, let's go over to that shop." he pointed. His hand reached over to hers in what he thought was a smooth subtle move, but when his fingers wanted to curl around her fingers, he found nothing.

He glanced back at her and saw that she had reached up to scratched her nose at that instant.

"Okay." Melanie nodded, not knowing what he was thinking. She walked off and Sehun deflated, following after. AISH.

-----

The awkward first date soon ended as time flew past, with Sehun wondering if he should do this and that and Melanie wondering if he would.

Sehun walked her home and bade her goodbye at her doorsteps. His heart was thudding quickly as he remembered all those dramas he had watched. The guy always kissed the girl goodbye at her front porch on the first date. Should he?

"I had a nice time, Melanie." Sehun muttered sheepishly. Melanie nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we should do this some other time. Thanks for today, Sehun."

She smiled and turned to unlock her door. Sehun swallowed, it was now or never!!! ....not exactly never but yeah you get what I mean.

Sehun grabbed her hand and turned her around, blinking quickly and surprised at how bold he was all of a sudden. Oh so his courage decided to abandon him for the entire day and come back only when it ended?

Melanie blinked up at him, her eyes wide. "Sehun?"

He leaned down, closing his eyes. Melanie's eyes fluttered close and felt his lips brush hers softly in a sweet goodnight kiss. "G-goodnight." Sehun pulled back, reddening. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Melanie bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling too widely and nodded. "See you." she darted into her house.

Sehun waited five seconds before.... "YAAAHOOOOOO!!!!!" he jumped up and pumped his fist in the air.

He was glad his courage finally turned up. Even if it was at the end dof the day.