Noona I love you

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: iera_jun
2. Featuring male idol(s): Minhyun (NU'EST)
3. Featuring female : Kim Yura
4: Plot: Minhyun and yura just started dating. but minhyun felt insecure because he is 3 years younger than yura. Also, she has a best friend named Kim Myungsoo who doesnt really like minhyun because myungsoo thought he is too young for yura. minhyun told yura about his insecurities but then yura convince him that she really loves him
5: Genre: fluff
6: Title: Noona i love you

 

-----

 

As Minhyun waited outside the university for his girlfriend, he couldn't help but feel a little inferior.

The guys walking out of the university were at least three years older than him even if they were in their first year of university. These guys seemed so much buffer and tougher than him after having gone through military service.

Not to mention the other guys waiting outside the university for their girlfriends. The other guys were already working, at least twenty three or twenty four years old. They were already financially capable of supporting themselves, unlike him, who still needed pocket money from his mother.

They were waiting for their girlfriends in cars and turning on the heaters while Minhyun waited outside in his high school uniform, clutching his coat desperately.

Seriously, at times like this, Minhyun felt like he didn't deserve his girlfriend at all.

Being three years older than him, Yura was already much more experienced and learnt in everything she had done. She was more knowledgeable, more capable of handling sudden impromptu problems, more independent. Sometimes, Minhyun felt that he didn't even need to protect her and instead it was the other way round.

The other guys that walked out from the university eyed Minhyun in confusion. What was such a high schooler doing here at a place that wasn't for him?

Minhyun stood there awkwardly as he looked at all the people coming out of the entrance. He finally saw his girlfriend coming out of the gates and he brightened, waving her over. "Noona!"

The other people looked on. "Is that Yura's younger brother? He doesn't look like her."

Yura smiled when she saw Minhyun and ran towards him as he hugged her. "Noona." Minhyun smiled into her hair and hugged her tightly. "I missed you noona."

"Me too." Yura beamed at him.

The other guys walked past and raised their brows. "What? Yura's dating that high schooler? Eww look how scrawny he is!"

Minhyun flinched at the comments but pretended not to hear when he saw Yura looking at him. He interlaced their fingers and smiled at her. "I didn't expect you to be here." Yura smiled at him.

Minhyun shrugged and tapped her nose. "I wanted to pick my girlfriend up from school just like the other guys do."

"Aww. You're really sweet Minhyun." Yura grinned.

"Yura?"

Minhyun's face immediately downed at that voice. Yura's best friend Myungsoo was waiting at the side for Yura. Myungsoo was two years older than Yura at twenty two and he was really handsome. He had a girlfriend already so Minhyun wasn't afraid that Myungsoo might like Yura, but Myungsoo and Yura were friends for a long time and Myungsoo guarded Yura like Yura was his little sister.

"Myungsoo hyung." Minhyun nodded.

Myungsoo nodded to acknowledge his greeting and turned to look at Yura. "Yura, I thought I was taking you to the japanese restaurant because I lost the bet."

"Bet?" Minhyun raised his brows at Yura.

Yura smiled. "Yeah. Myungsoo and I had a bet and because I got higher marks for the recent test, he's supposed to treat me." she explained. "Oooh I really want to eat sushi right now."

"Yeah but you seem to want to go on a date with your dear boyfriend." Myungsoo eyed Minhyun. "Or does he want to tag along with us?"

Minhyun didn't like how Myungsoo described him as "tagging along". He was Yura's boyfriend after all! He deserved to go along with them!

"Minhyun, come with us!" Yura pulled on his hand. "Myungsoo, since you're already treating me to lunch, it doesn't matter if you treat Minhyun too right?" she grinned.

"Alright. Minhyun, Yura, get on my car." Myungsoo gestured for them to follow. Minhyun pouted as he followed Yura. He had wanted a one to one date with Yura, not like this.

The three of them went to the japanese restaurant Myungsoo was talking about and took a place.

Minhyun gulped at the price of everything and bit his lip. He couldn't have afforded to bring Yura to some place like this if it was up to his own ability. He felt like a little dongsaeng tagging behind his elder siblings in his high school uniform, and he wasn't even in final year yet.

Yura ordered a soba set and Minhyun a tempura set. Myungsoo got udon.

They dug in with gusto and ate deliciously. Just then, Myungsoo turned to Yura. "What are you going to do about Dongwoo?"

"Who's Dongwoo?" Minhun asked Yura curiously.

Yura pinked and Myungsoo answered for her. "He's a guy in our lecture that confessed to Yura today." he grinned. "Complete with the bouquet of flowers and expensive chocolate. He's really a nice guy and he's one of the top scorers this year. He's the heir of the Lee Corps and he's really romantic you know."

"Why are you telling me these?" Yura blew on her bangs. "There's no way I'll accept him because I already have Minhyun." she hugged Minhyun's arm and sent him a smile.

Minhyun smiled back but inside, he was disturbed.

He knew Myungsoo never liked him much because he was younger than Yura. He thought Minhyun was too young to give Yura the protection she needed, and he especially didn't like how Minhyun was still in second year old high school and didn't like how there were a lot of girls that liked him, thinking he wasn't the sort of person who could stay faithful.

Myungsoo shrugged at Yura. "Just giving a friendly suggestion."

The meal carried on for a bit until Yura excused herself to go to the bathroom. When she was gone, Myungsoo looked over at Minhyun. "I really didn't expect to see you still dating her." he commented. "It's been what, six months?"

Minhyun flinched. "Why wouldn't I still be dating her? I love Yura noona."

"But what do kids like you know about love?" Myungsoo snickered. "You don't have the capabilities to protect her and make her happy. When you finally get into the army and graduate university, Yura would have been working for five years already. And then? Do you want her to support you?"

"I..." Minhyun faltered.

Yura returned at that moment and conversation dissolved. "What were you two talking about?" Yura asked curiously. Minhyun shook his head. "Nothing."

-----

Myungsoo left to find his girlfriend first and Yura and Minhyun took a walk around before sending her home.

He was exceptionally quiet and didn't say a word the whole way. Even as Yura started talking to him, his answers were distracted and short.

"Minhyun?" Yura looked at him. "Is something bothering you? You seem bothered."

Minhyun shook his head and forced a smile. "Nothing." Yura frowned and looked at him. "You're lying. I know something is bothering you. Tell me, please?"

Minhyun sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "Just curious, noona..." he bit his lip. "Have you ever regretted being my girlfriend?"

Yura blinked in surprise. "Why do you ask that all of a sudden?"

"Just.." Minhyun sighed. "I'm younger than you by three years. I see the other boyfriends waiting for their girlfriends outside your school and all of them have cars and are working and have a stable income while I"m still a high schooler."

"Sometimes I think I'm not good enough for you, noona." Minhyun admitted. "There are better guys out there that can make you happier instead of me. I think you might be happier with someone else, I think I'm not good enough."

"Minhyun..." Yura gaped at him, surprised at his response.

"But think about it!" Minhyun frowned. "Other people will judge you when you're dating a guy that is younger than you and it makes you look bad. I'm not comparable to the other older guys at all."

"Minhyun!" Yura held his arm. "Don't say that!" she frowned. "I don't know why you're feeling insecure all of a sudden but you shouldn't feel that way. You're the one I want, I don't care about the other guys."

"But.."Minhyun frowned, still uncertain.

"There are many couples out there with an older girl and younger guy, Minhyun." Yura told him. "There are so many guys out there in the world but why is it that we have started dating? It's because we love each other. I don't care if the other boys have cars and are tougher than you, but you're the one I love. So why bother about other people?"

Minhyun softened and hugged her. "I love you too noona."