Meant to be

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1.Username: BR2019
 2.Featuring male idols: Luhan and Kris
 3.Featuring female: Park Mihye
 4.Plot: Mihye has two best friends: Kris and Luhan. She's in love with Luhan, but what happens when Kris confesses to her? She replies to him that she needs time. Everything gets awkward between the two afterwards until one day, Luhan announces that he has a girlfriend. Seeing the heartbroken Mihye, Kris tries to comfort her, but ends up kissing her. Mihye realizes her feelings were meant to be for Kris.
 5.Genre: fluff, romance
 6.Title: Meant to be

 

-----

 

"Mihye are you ready!" the two boys yelled from outside.

"Almost!" Mihye yelled back. She chose a set of pretty pink diamond earrings and slipped them on as she took a final look at herself in the mirror. Good, she looked pretty.

If anyone was watching her behavior in the room, they might have thought she was going on a date with her boyfriend instead of going to the cinema with her two best friends. Luhan and Kris had been her best friends since they were in kindergarten and they grew up together, sharing the fun and woes.

They never kept anything from each other, except one thing that Mihye had never told them ever.

She was in love in Luhan.

Darn darn darn. It was really hard for her because Luhan never considered her as a dating option. Since they had been friends for so long, he always treated her only as a friend and because they were so so familiar, he would even point out random girls on the street to her when he thought they were cute. He never knew what that did to her heart.

Luhan was the more cheerful and bright one out of her two friends, as compared to Kris who was always cool and collected. Mihye might have liked Kris, but there was always Luhan right there in her heart from the first moment they met. She couldn't change.

Mihye rushed down to meet her best friends and hoped that whatever effort she put into dressing up that day would be noticed by Luhan.

-----

The three best friends were done with the movie and were at a fast food restaurant while Luhan ordered chips and fries for them. Kris and Mihye chose a nice seat at a snuggly corner and slipped onto the chairs.

"The movie was good wasn't it?" Mihye smiled. "I really liked the main lead."

"Of course you did." Kris rolled his eyes. "He's Ji Sung, handsome actor. I bet you didn't even really notice the storyline as you ogled at Ji Sung's face did you?"

"Caught!" Mihye giggled. She looked back at where Luhan was still queuing for food and he met her eye. He sent a wave and a smile and Mihye waved back. She looked back at Kris, the smile on her face bright and re-energized. She caught him looking at her strangely and she cocked her head to the side. "What's up?"

"Nothing just..." Kris bit his lip. "You look pretty good today, you know." he gestured at her get up. "Thought you'd want to know."

"Thanks." Mihye smiled. Kris always knew the right things to say to warm her heart. Luhan hardly noticed she did anything different to her hair. "You're a real flatterer, Kris. You know," she leaned forward and whispered. "That time you told Luhan that you had someone you liked and I overheard. Can't you tell me too? I'm your best friend aren't I?" she pleaded.

Kris stiffened. "You heard? You didn't hear anything other than that?"

"No, that's why I'm asking!" Mihye pouted. "Come on, just tell me. Maybe I can help you two~~" she wriggled her brows.

Just then, Luhan returned with the chips and fries and he set the plate down. "Darn, these are expensive. You two owe me." he popped a fry into his mouth. "I'll go to the bathroom for a bit, you two can eat first. But save some for me alright!" he ran off.

Mihye grabbed a fry and chewed it as she looked at Kris. "Come on, tell me." she tried again.

Kris took a deep breath and stared at her sincerely. "It's you." he admitted.

Mihye blinked. "Me?" her eyes widened and she gasped. "Wait, you mean the person you were telling Luhan that day, you said you were heads over heels in love with her....that person is..."

"You." Kris nodded. He watched her reaction carefully, taking in her shock. "You never expected that?"

Mihye shook her head honestly. Kris shrugged, pretending like it didn't matter but it actually hurt a little. "But I know you like Luhan. I can tell,  you know." Mihye's gaze shot up to him again, once again shocked.

Kris raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I hope you'll give me a chance too. I really do love you, Mihye. I don't think there's a need to say anything more. Please just, consider?"

His eyes were so sincere and pleading that Mihye couldn't say no. She nodded and lowered her gaze. "Give me some time."

-----

Kris and Mihye's relationship turned awkward from then on and they had to fake their laughs and smiles around Luhan so that he didn't suspect anything.

Mihye was extremely confused. She had always only looked at Luhan and never once considered the possibility that Kris might like her back. Love, he said.

Darn, everything was so complicated and she didn't know what she felt. All she knew was that she felt really confused. Confused about who she actually liked.

And then one day, Luhan called Kris and Mihye to meet, saying he had an announcement to make.

Kris and Mihye arrived first and sat awkwardly at a table, waiting for Luhan. Mihye avoided Kris's gaze, her heart thudding hard. Damn, this sort of happened more now that Mihye considered Kris as a man instead of a friend.

Luhan finally arrived and he waved at his best friends. "Hey!"

Kris and Mihye looked up, their eyes narrowing on the shy pretty girl following beside Luhan and their gaze trailing to Luhan and the girl's intertwined hands. What? Who was she?

Luhan reached the table and pulled the girl with him. "Hey." he seemed so happy. "I thought you two should be the first to know about it since you two are my best friends. Everyone, meet Yoo Haejung." he smiled down at the girl. "My girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Mihye blurted in surprise. Kris's gaze darted to Mihye's face immediately and Mihye tried hard to smile.

Was what she felt a sign of her heart breaking or was she sad that she was losing a friend?

"Yeah." Luhan sat down and pulled Haejung a chair. He smiled sweetly at the girl as if she was his everything and Mihye had to wince. She had liked Luhan too long to not react when he said or did things like this.

"We met at an eatery." Luhan explained. "Her mother's eatery actually, and she accidentally poured some drink on me. That was how it started." he held Haejung's hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'm pretty grateful for the grape drink you poured on me that time."

"Luhan!" Haejung blushed prettily.

Mihye looked away, not knowing how she was supposed to feel about it. As confused as she was about her feelings for both Luhan and Kris, she still felt heartbroken when she saw Luhan without another girl.

He had been her childhood dream, the groom she always dreamed about in fairytale like weddings. She had always assumed that one day he would like her back and they would have their happy ending.

It didn't seem the case now.

And now she was heart broken for her childhood dream, her hopes and wishes from all these past years.

Mihye didn't know how she endured the entire dinner, but she did. She managed to smile and nod at whatever they were saying and she couldn't help but realize how Luhan and Haejung were made for each other. They matched.

When dinner finally ended, Mihye excused herself, saying that she didn't feel too well (which was true) and she quickly walked out of the restaurant. The moment she was out, tears trickled down her cheeks.

The part of her heart that lingered on Luhan died with his confession of having a girlfriend. That small part of her had suffered so much pain. She knew Luhan said things weren't going to change with him having a girlfriend but she knew that it was. He wouldn't have as much time for her anymore.

And that was what she was crying about.

Mihye pondered over her feelings as she walked, tears blurring her vision. How stupid could she be? She still didn't know who she really loved. Kris or Luhan. Luhan or Kris. Gahd, she was so dense.

And then footsteps sounded behind her and someone tugged her into his embrace. Kris.

"Are you alright?" Kris murmured softly as he circled his arms around her. "You looked really uncomfortable throughout the whole thing. I'm sorry, I didn't know about it either."

Mihye swallowed, fresh tears trickling down her cheeks. How could he still be so nice to her when he knew she liked Luhan? Wait, did she even like Luhan now?

"Do you...do you still like him?" Kris looked down at her carefully. "He has a girlfriend now, you have to give up, Mihye." he swallowed hard. "Are you done considering about...about my confession?"

Mihye bit her lip. She didn't know.

"I..." Mihye frowned.

"I love you, Mihye." Kris repeated, tilting her head up to look at him. "I really really love you. Please..."

Her eyes met his and the air around them felt charged and electrified. She didn't even know what was happening until Kris's nose brushed against hers as he leaned down. She was entranced, electrified.

His lips brushed hers in slow addicting movements, until he fully sealed their lips together, kissing her hard. Mihye's mind whirled and she couldn't do anything but lean into his embrace for support as she kissed him back.

Everything about it felt so right. The way his fingers threaded through her hair and his arm held her waist, his lips moving against hers and the hot breath against her lips.

They pulled away after a few moments, their eyes bright and twinkling. "Mihye?" Kris whispered, worried about his actions.

Mihye took a deep breath and she tip toed again, pressing her lips to his.

Kris immediately wrapped his arms around her again, his eyes falling shut.

They, she knew, were meant to be.