The Bet

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

says: Username:MifiChic
Male Idol: Lee TaeMin(SHINee), Key(SHINee)
OC: Ko Young Min (changed from Jo Youngmin to a girl)
Plot:Triangle Love. + Taemin and Key have a bet to make Youngmin fall in love with them but Key falls for her instead.
Genre:Romance,Fluff
Title: The Bet



-----



"Maknae, I'm bored." Key muttered as he sprawled on the couch in the most unglamorous pose that didn't fit with his diva image at all.

Taemin looked up from his Archie comic book. "Me too hyung." He rolled onto his stomach on the floor. "Isn't there anything we can do?"

"Why don't we play UNO?" Key suggested.

"No." Taemin made a face. "I'm bored of it after playing a day of UNO yesterday with Onew hyung. How about monopoly?"

Key shook his head and let out an anguished sigh. "We're SHINee! How come we can't find anything to do?" He blew on his bangs in annoyance. "There must be something new and interesting to do!"

At this point, the doorbell rang. Taemin ran to open the door and blinked at the girl who was standing there shyly. "Hi I'm here to collect the laundry and clean the house."

Taemin blinked in confusion. "Shouldn't that be Ahjumma Ko's job?"

"Yes." The girl nodded. "She's my mother, I'm Ko Youngmin. But umma isn't feeling well today so I'm taking over her job temporary."

"Oh. Okay." Taemin moved aside to let her in. "Hyung, this is Youngmin, Ahjumma Ko's daughter. She's taking over today."

"Okay." Key's eyes followed after Youngmin as the girl walked into the kitchen to start the cleaning. Taemin bounced back to the couch and shoved Key aside to make space for himself.

"Hmm, where was I?" Taemin flipped through the pages of his comic. Key bit his lip and nudged Taemin with his elbow. "Yah maknae."

"Hm?" Taemin answered absent-mindedly. Key had his eyes fixed on Youngmin who was busy in the kitchen. "Let's make a bet." Key's smile widened. "To brighten our dull and boring lives."

Taemin scratched his head and looked at Key. "What bet? Gambling?" His eyes widened. "We can't bet, hyung! It's wrong and sinful and-"

"No no, just a simple bet, no money involved." Key shushed him. "See the girl Youngmin there? The first one out of us that's able to make her fall for us will win the bet. The one who wins gets to ask for something from the one who loses."

"Fall in love?" Taemin looke stumped. "But hyung Youngmin looks like a nice girl and tricking her seems..."

"AISH do you want to play or not?" Key pouted.

Taemin thought for a few moments and looked back at his Archie comic. He put down the book and nodded at Key. "Okay."

Key grinned. He rubbed his palms. This was going to be fun.

-----

Taemin sidled up to Youngmin. "Uh Youngmin are you tired? Do you want banana milk?" He held out a small carton.

Youngmin smiled. "It's okay, Taemin sshi. I'm not thirsty."

Taemin slumped and went out of the room where Key gave him a merry thumbs down. Key grinned and went into the room, mouthing to Taemin. "Watch me."

"Youngmin, do you need help with the dusting?" Key asked nicely. "I'm good at cleaning you know. It must be hard for a pretty girl like you to clean a whole pig sty occupied by five guys like this."

Taemin listened in outside. Wow, Key was good.

Youngmin looked surprised at the offer of help. "It's really okay, Key sshi."

"Don't be shy." Key went over and took the rug from her. "Why don't you start on the dishes and I'll clean the cupboards."

Youngmin looked flustered and Key smiled as he looked away. She seemed so innocent. "T-Thank you, Key sshi." She smiled.

Key smirked as he cleaned the table top. "Oh and Youngmin?"

"Yes?" She immediately straightened.

"Call me Key oppa."

-----

The next week, Youngmin turned up again. Taemin looked surprised. "Is Ahjumma Ko still not feeling well?"

"No, umma has recovered, don't worry Taemin sshi." She responded, looking a little confused herself. "But umma wanted me to come today. I don't know why."

Key grinned, slipping his phone into his pocket as he thought of the call with Ahjumma Ko. He jumped up to follow Youngmin to the kitchen while the maknae completely forgot about their bet.

"Youngmin?"

Youngmin turned around and pinked when she saw Key. "Key sshi?"

Key frowned and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "What did I say about calling me Key sshi?"

Youngmin reddened even more. "Sorry, key oppa." She but her lip. "Is anything the matter?"

"Yeah." Key walked to stand beside her, handing her a pair of gloves. "We've got to start work, don't we?"

"We?" Youngmin blinked up at him. Key winked and reached for the plates. "Yes we, what did you think? That I'll let you do all this yourself?" Key mused.

Youngmin bit her lip to control her smile and looked away, pinking. Key glanced at her and smiled. *Cute.*

-----

This arrangement continued for a great few weeks. Key would always help Youngmin with the chores and Taemin had completely abandoned on the bet, just waiting for Key to ask him for the reward.

Youngmin grew closer to Key and Key was found to talk about the girl a little too incessantly.

One day, only Taemin and Key were left at home again. Taemin looked over at Key. "Hyung, I think you've won the bet already. Youngmin practically only sees you. So what's the reward you want?"

Key blinked. "Bet? What bet?"

Taemin raised his brows. "The bet to make Youngmin fall for us. Have you forgotten?"

Taemin grinned and leaned nearer. "Wait, if all this time you've already forgotten about the bet, does this mean that you getting closer to Youngmin, texting her, calling her, talking incessantly about her....all those were real?"


Key reddened and cleared his throat. "Yah w-what are you talking about?" He looked away awkwardly.

"I knew it'!" Taemin squealed, clapping. "Hyung! You like Youngmin!"

Key threw the maknae an annoyed look. "Fine, so I do. What are you gonna do about it?"

"No, what are YOU gonna do about it?" Taemin questioned back. "The bet is obviously not in motion any longer so let's forget about that. When are you going to tell her what you feel?"

Key choked on his saliva. "Tell her?"

"Of course." Taemin sipped on his banana milk. "What did you think? That she could read your mind?"

"But-"

The doorbell rang. Taemin grinned and ran to the door, flinging it open. "Youngmin!"

The girl smiled at Taemin and looked over his shoulder, meeting Key's eyes. "Hi Taemin sshi, Key oppa."

"I'll go...clean." Youngmin shuffled to the kitchen. Taemin pulled Key from the couch and pushed him to the kitchen.

"You, go in and tell her." Taemin hissed.

"Now?" Key gulped. "How about next week?"

Taemin have him a look and Key huffed. "Fine fine. You're worse than Jjong."

Key shuffled into the kitchen and watched as Youngmin busied herself in the kitchen. She hummed a simple tune as she cleaned the table top diligently, not once complaining to him.

He softened, taking a step nearer. "Youngmin?"

She turned around, smiling widely. His heart gave a skip. "Yeah?"

Key closed their gap. "Youngmin, I have something to tell you."





------

Please abide to rules next time. When I say I DON'T write , I don't. Not Yuri, not , not .

I gave you a second chance so for the others, please read the rules clearly before you request from any request shop. It's tiring to contact the requester.