From one love to another

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: Juliaim
Featuring Male Idol(s): Kai, Myungsoo
 Featuring Female: OC - Kim Taehee
plot: Myungsoo found someone to love but it wasn't Taehee. Taehee is madly in love with Myungsoo and had her heart broken when she finds out that Myungsoo is dating her best friend. Taehee doesn't know about Kai's undying love for her though...
 Genre: Romance, Drama
Title: From one love to another.

 

 

------

 

Taehee poked her head from around the corner and gazed adoringly at the guy that had caught her heart: Kim Myungsoo.

L was such a handsome guy. Not only did he have a face that charmed millions, he also had a personalilty to match it.

Knowing him personally, Taehee knew that L was dorky and funny and she loved that about him. In fact, she loved everything about him. Simply everything from head to toe to the shoes he wore and the worn out socks.

Taehee let out a small sigh and squeaked in surprise when someone tapped her shoulder all of a sudden.

She whirled around, clutching her heart. "What are you looking at?" Kai grinned goofily at her. He looked past her shoulder and his face fell slightly when he caught her gazing at L, his best friend.

Taehee pinked and fanned herself. "Nothing." she cleared .

Kai sighed softly and returned his gaze to her, studying her expression. He knew Taehee liked his best friend, but at the same time, he couldn't help his own feelings and he loved Taehee. It broke his heart everytime he saw Taehee act this way.

Unrequited love. .

"Come on, let's go." Kai grabbed her wrist and tugged her to L. "Jaekyung said to meet here didn't she?"

Taehee nodded.

Jaekyung was Taehee's best friend and the four of them often hung out together. Jaekyung had suddenly requested to meet the three of them after school that day and Taehee had no idea what her best friend was up to.

They neared L and Taehee's heart involuntarily sped up. L looked up from his book and gave a wave. "Hey." he fist bumped Kai and turned to smile at Taehee. Taehee thought she would die at that moment.

"You know what Jaekyung wants to tell us?" Kai asked L.

L bit his lip and shrugged innocently. "You'll have to wait and see." he grinned. Taehee had a tugging feeling that he knew what Jaekyung was about to say.

Jaekyung rushed down the steps towards them with her books in her hands as she was late. She smiled at them and waved, forgetting that she was carrying a bunch of books. They tumbled out of her grasp onto the floor and spilled on the ground around her.

L rushed to her immediately and helped her with them. "Babo." he flicked her forehead affectionately. "Watch it."

Taehee couldn't help but flinch at the affectionate scene. Why didn't he do that to her?

Jaekyung quickly regained her posture with L's help and smiled at Taehee and Kai. Kai looked between L and Jaekyung, sensing the change in relationship status. "What is it that you wanted to tell us?" He asked, pretending to be ignorant.

Jaekyung pinked and glanced at L. "It's not me. It was him who wanted to tell-"

L grabbed Jaekyung's hand and intertwined their fingers. He smiled. "We're dating."

Taehee's eyes widened and she let out a gasp, feeling her heart break into a thousand pieces. She didn't notice Kai's gaze flying to her in concern and his fists clenching up.

All she knew was that at that instant, it was really difficult to smile.

-----

A few months passed and soon the four of them were graduating from High School.

Taehee suffered every single day when she had to see L and Jaekyung together everyday they went. Her initial selfish hopes of a breakup seemed more and more like a dream since L and Jaekyung grew closer with every passing day.

Taehee soon gave up on L and felt her wound recovering bit by bit. Whenever she felt a little empty, she realized that Kai would be there. He would be there with that soft goffy grin and a cup of hot chocolate, cheering her up as he knew of her affections for L.

If not for Kai, Taehee didn't think she would survive.

"Please write down what you think was the best thing you did this year and your biggest regret." the teacher told them. "And pass it up to me."

The students wrote their own thoughts separately and Taehee chewed on the end of her pencil, thinking.

Best thing I did: Knowing Kai through L

Biggest Regret: Loving L

Taehee felt a little embarrassed writing something like that but she figured it didn't matter since she was already leaving school. Everyone passed their papers up and the teacher read, smiling mysteriously.

"I've had a great year with you guys. I hope you guys make it to the colleges you want and have a good future!" the teacher smiled.

The class was dismissed and there were a series of hugs and cries as the classmates took pictures with one another. Jaekyung took out her camera and pulled L and Taehee to her. "Where's Kai? Let's take a picture, the four of us." she grinned.

Taehee looked around and scratched her head. Kai wasn't around.

"I think he had dance lessons so he went off first." L muttered. "His bag isn't here."

"I'll go call him back. The photo takes five minutes I'm sure he can spare that." Taehee beamed. She ran off quickly, her legs pitter pattering on the ground.

She saw Kai getting onto his motorbike and she ran even faster, cursing her short legs.

Until she stepped on a single piece of paper and fell first onto the ground. "Ouch." Taehee winced. She took the piece of paper from under her and glared at it.

Her eyes widened as she read it, gasping.

Name: Kim Jongin

Best thing I did: Knowing Taehee through L

Biggest Regret: Not telling Taehee that I love her.

Taehee scrambled up to her feet and gasped when she saw Kai already starting his engine.

"YAH KIM JONGIN STOP RIGHT THERE!" she screamed at the top of her lungs and ran after him.

And on her lips was the biggest smile possible.

 

-----

I wasn't sure about the ending, you didn't specify if you wanted Taehee to know of Kai's feelings. This is my intepretation.

I had the biggest difficulty typing Taehee because my finger automatically type Taemin and I had to backspace everytime. LOLOL