My Savior

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: ringgoB
 featuring male: Jung Jinyoung(b1a4) or byun baekyhun(exo)
 featuring female: Kim minhee
 plot: both of them are neighbours for two months as he moved in recently. But they didn't know each other because his house was always quiet except for the daily noises and piano. One day, the thunder striked badly which shocked minhee when she was home alone. Upon hearing her scream, he ran over for her aid despite the heavy rain and managed to get in her house. From there they started to know each other.
 Genre: rom fluff comedy
 Title: my saviour

 

-----

 

Minhee bobbed her head up and down to the tune as she did her sketches.

She had begun to get use to this constant music that was coming from her neighbor's house. The last person who had lived in the house beside hers was a family of four. Because the father was sent to work at another province, the entire family had to move houses.

A new neighbor moved into the apartment next to hers two months ago.

And till now, Minhee still had no idea whether it was a girl or a boy.

Yes yes, she had two months to do the sneaking, but she didn't dare. Minhee was a very shy person and the first time when she wanted to go over to say hi, she spotted four other handsome boys marching into the next apartment and she backed away.

She didn't dare talk to so many people at once.

And then she delayed her introduction till it was too late for an introduction. She couldn't possibly welcome her neighbor to his/her new house when they've already been staying there for a whole month.

And then the opportunity slipped and she didn't get to see her neighbor at all.

Apparently, her neighbor liked music a lot. There were constant sounds coming from her neighbor's house, not distracting sounds that were a nuisance, but beautiful music.

Their neighborhood was very quiet and it enhanced the tunes that travelled from the other apartment to hers. Sometimes, her neighbor would be strumming the guitar. Sometimes it was the piano. Other times, it would be the beats from a computer as her neighbor played around with different rhythms.

She figured that her neighbor was awfully talented in music because the tunes were all very beautiful. She hadn't heard any of them before and assumed that her neighbor had composed them, which was fantastic in her opinion because she didn't know a thing about music.

But she knew a good nice tune when she heard one and all the tunes that came floating from her neighbor's apartment were good.

Minhee yawned and looked at the clock. It was 8pm, still early but she felt drained from the day's work. She was a designer, designing specifically, furniture. She was only required to draw the sketches and convert their real dimensons on the computer before passing it to her builder to construct the actual things out.

Which was why she could work from home and was there to listen to her neighbor's melodious tunes most of the time.

"When is oppa coming?" Minhee huffed. Her brother, Junsu, said he wanted to pop over to her apartment to collect some of her new sketches that she hadn't converted to digital form. He was her brother and boss at the same time, so it was sometimes an advantage and sometimes a headache.

He promised to be there at 7:30pm to get the sketches but he hadn't arrived. Minhee sent him a message fifteen minutes ago and he hadn't replied.

Minhee stifled a yawn and went to wash up. "I'll go to bed." she decided to succumb to fatigue. "I'll leave the door unlocked and Junsu oppa can come get the sketches himself. Hope he comes soon."

She washed up and crawled into bed, almost falling asleep at once.

----

Somewhere in the middle of the night, Minhee was startled awake.

Her room which was initially dark flashed bright for an instant before reverting to it's unlit state, as if someone took a mega camera and the camera flash lit the room. Minhee gasped and turned to look outside. It was raining, no correction, there was a thunderstorm.

Minhee gasped and she quickly ran to close the curtains before burrowing herself under the blankets. She was shivering badly when a soft thunder cracked.

Minhee sobbed.

A grown woman like her, crying because of a thunderstorm? It might seem a little pathetic but Minhee had been utterly frightened of thunderstorms ever since she was eight. Their whole family had been on a car trip on the way home when a strike of thunder and lightning hit their car and the engine exploded.

Everyone survived, thankfully, with a few bruises and cuts no less, but it left a permanent scar in Minhee's mind. She couldn't survive a thunderstorm without her brother or parents. She regretted moving out of her parents' house right now and she wanted to be back.

Thinking about her brother, Minhee inched towards her bed side table and grabbed her phone. There was a message from Junsu.

I'm a little tied up at work, Minhee. Just bring your sketches over to the office tomorrow.
And for goodness sakes what were you thinking, just unlocking the door and waiting for me to arrive? Go close it now!

Minhee groaned when she remembered the door. He was right. She should close it.

Minhee hugged the blanket around her and moved to get off the bed. Just as her feet touched the cold marble floor, a deafening loud thunder cracked.

Minhee screamed at the top of her lungs and moved back to the safety of her bed, shivering. She was crying furiously then, hugging the blankets tighter.

She heard a door slam from next door and a series of footsteps. Before she knew what was happening, the light in her room was switched on and a handsome guy came running to her. "Excuse me?" he was panting, pale and he looked worried. "Are you okay? I heard screaming and your door wasn't locked. I thought something happened."

Minhee felt embarrassed to have such a hottie see her in such a state. "I'm fi-AHHHHHHH!!!!!" she buried herself under the blankets again as another series of thunder cracked in the sky.

The guy blinked for a few moments before a small smile curled on his lips. "You're....scared of the thunder?"

Minhee bit her lip. "Not exactly scared, more like- AHHHHHHHH!!!!" she hid herself under the blankets again.

The guy chuckled out loud now and he settled himself on the bed next to her. "More like extremely terrified." he finished for her. "It's really nothing to be afraid of as long as you're in the safety of your home and not touching to anything that's earthed."

"I know my theories." Minhee huffed. "But it's still frightening. My family car got hit by lightning once and the engine exploded, I was only eight then."

The guy looked sympathetic. "That sounds rotten." he nodded. "But at least you weren't hurt. By the way, your bed sheets look cute." he grinned at the Tweety Bird prints. "Where did you get them?"

And lame as it was, the two of them began talking and chatting till Minhee forgot about the thunderstorm brewing outside. She found that he was indeed a composer and those were his songs he was playing.

"You write really good songs." Minhee murmured in admiraton. "All your songs sound lovely."

The guy raised a brow. "So you were home all these time? Why didn't you pop over to say hi? I always thought you weren't home and I had no idea a cute girl was living beside me."

Minhee's cheeks flamed at his compliment. "I was shy." she bit her lip.

The guy chuckled and poked her cheek. "We've got to cure that someday. But right now, don't you realize you aren't afraid of the thunder now?"

Minhee blinked and she swivelled her ears. The storm was raging fiercely outside but she didn't feel scared at all. In fact she felt safe and happy to be with him. "Wow."

"Yes wow." the guy smiled. "What's your name anyway?" he settled more comfortably into her bed and Minhee was glad he didn't make a move to go even though she seemed alright already.

"Minhee. Kim Minhee." she murmured. "What about you?"

"Jung Jinyoung." he gave her a smile. "Next time, read the weather forecast in the morning and if there's going to be a thunderstorm at night, leave your door unlocked."

Minhee's heart skipped a beat as she looked at him. "What for?"

Jinyoung grinned. "So that I can have a chance to be your savior again."