6

You Belong To Me

 

“What the?!”

YunHo and ShinHye quickly broke off their hug and turns around revealing ChangMin standing there.

 

“Umma..” they both chorused.

 

He turns around and shocked to see Mrs. Park and Mrs. Jung are standing behind him.

“Auntie..” He bows to each one of them.

“What the hell is going on?!” Mrs. Jung enters ShinHye room and saw her outfit. “Why you still not get ready yet?”

Mrs. Park quickly grabs the wedding dress and shoved it to ShinHye, making her stumbled a bit and bumped to YunHo chest.

“Auntie..” YunHo helps ShinHye to stabilize herself.

ChangMin is also confused right now. Why she isn’t getting ready yet?

Mrs. Park looks at ShinHye fiercely, like her eyes is saying to her, “Don’t make any trouble. Just go on with the plan..”

ShinHye saw that. Not to mention, YunHo who is standing beside her clearly saw that too. He pats on ShinHye shoulder and she looks at him pleadingly, “please.. I don’t want to go through this.”

“Emm..”

All eyes focused on YunHo now. Truthfully, he doesn’t want to do this. He doesn’t want to fail as his mother only son. However, that pair of eyes hoping he will do something about this matter is really making him suffocated inside. He feels like he is trapping between two walls and the walls keep coming at him. As if threatening to crush him if he doesn’t do something.

“Umma..” YunHo starts. He accidentally glances at ChangMin who is standing a lil bit further than them. He saw ChangMin shakes his head slowly, don’t do it YunHo…

“What is it? Tell me..” Mrs. Jung urged. Mrs. Park keeps switching her gaze from YunHo to ShinHye. She thinks she know what YunHo wants to say.

“Enough!  I can’t take this anymore!” ShinHye suddenly yelled! Making people around her jumped in shock.

Her teary eyes look at her mom, “Umma. I don’t want to get married! I don’t want to! Because I’m in love with-”

 

*slaps*

 

Her hand quickly flying to her right cheek. The burning feeling on her cheek right now become more painful after her tears slid down. Mrs. Park feel the pain on her palm and her heart is in more pain to think that this is the first time she slaps her own daughter.

“ShinHye ah!”

ChangMin rushed towards her and caressed her cheek. “gwenchana?”

Mrs. Park bends down, trying to yank ChangMin away from her daughter. However she was stopped by YunHo. “Auntie please..” he shakes his head.

Mrs. Jung looks at her son. “What’s the meaning of this?” she looked at ChangMin and ShinHye. “You two are together don’t you?”

“Yes.” ChangMin slowly said above whispers then nodding his head in embarrassment.

Mrs. Park holds Mrs. Jung arm. “aneeyo! Don’t believe them.” Mrs. Park shoved ChangMin away from her daughter. “You! Get out! This is all your fault! Get out!!”

ChangMin falls helplessly beside ShinHye.

“Mrs. Park!!!!” YunHo yelled, “Nobody touch my best friend like that!”

“Oppa.. gwenchana?” ShinHye helps him to stands up. ChangMin pats his pants and look at Mrs. Jung.

“I’m very sorry for all this trouble auntie.” He bows. He then turned to Mrs. Park. “I’m very sorry. Never once did I plan this thing to happen. In fact, I never plan to fall in love with her. It’s all happened without any of us realize about it.”

Mrs. Jung looks at ShinHye who is hiding behind ChangMin while they both holding their hand tightly. She then look up, where her son standing beside her.

 

 

“Eloise!!!”

HyeRan shuts her eyes, ready to fall on the floor with a loud thud and once again embarrass herself in front of JaeJoong.

But when her nearly touches the floor, JaeJoong quickly pulls her. To think that he pulled her a little bit hard, making HyeRan leaps forward and land her head on JaeJoong well build chest.

“Uh-oh.” HyeRan closed her eyes.

“Eloise….” He pats her arms. “It’s okay now.” Slowly, he pushes her away.

HyeRan already standing properly but her eyes still shut. JaeJoong let out his breathless laugh.

“I’m embarrassing myself again didn’t I?” HyeRan sighed.

JaeJoong shook his head. “I suddenly imagined you are like that in surgery room. I think the patient will suddenly get up totally refusing you to operate him.”

He then continues to laughs. HyeRan looks at him unsatisfied.

 “Yeah yeah. Laugh all you want. At least you do not hate me now. Aren’t you?” she slumped back to the comfortable chair.

JaeJoong stops from laughing. “Who said I hate you?” he saw her shook her head, “is it JunSu? Because if it is, then the duck will definitely get it from me!”

HyeRan shook her head. “It just you didn’t talk much with me and you always avoid me. Doesn’t that act will tell people that you don’t like her?”

JaeJoong clears his throat. “No Eloise. I didn’t hate you. Really, I’m not.” He said it sincerely.

HyeRan shrugged her shoulders, “then why you always cold around me?”

For that question, he actually didn’t have an answer for that. He himself didn’t know why he always vents out his anger towards this petite girl.

“Seriously, I don’t know.” He saw HyeRan starts to protest, “But I’m sure I didn’t hate you!!!”

She slowly nodded her head. “Okay. I believe you.”

They both smiled towards each other.

 

 

“We’re sorry..” Mr. Jung bows to the guests.

“Chesonhamnida..” Mr. Park bows to other guests.

YunHo who didn’t change from his sports attire bows to the guests too. “We’re very sorry..”

YunHo looks his right side and immediately he saw a depressed ChangMin is sitting at the lobby alone.

 

 

While in the room upstairs, Mrs. Jung and ShinHye were left by Mrs. Park. Mrs. Jung takes a hold of ShinHye hand and placed it on her laps.

“You really love ChangMin?”

ShinHye sobs while nodding her head. Her eyes already turn puffy since she cried a lot today.

“Aigoo.. Look at you. Your eyes looks like they about to burst. Don’t cry anymore.” She wipes away her tears. “There will be no wedding today. So don’t cry okay.”

ShinHye tries to hold her tears.

“I’m sorry…” she looks up to Mrs. Jung pairs of eyes.

Mrs. Jung smiled sadly. “I should be the one who said sorry. If I’m not the one who keeps insisting my son to get married with you, you definitely will not be crying like this.”

She let out a regretful sighed. “I’m too ignorant. I should be apologizing to the entire guest later. ”

She went forwards and hugs ShinHye, “thank you for making me realize to not let my son suffer. He is a very good son and don’t deserve this kind of treatment from me after he loves me so much. I’m sorry ShinHye ah.”

ShinHye couldn’t hold up her tears anymore, they both cry in each other embracement.

 

 

 

“What are you thinking?” YunHo nudged ChangMin right arm.

He looks up, “YunHo ah.. I’m sorry.”

YunHo smiled, “why you said sorry?”

He sighed. “I shouldn’t come today. Now your family and her family are all taking the embarrassment. ”

YunHo pats his shoulder. “You know what, even if you didn’t come. I think ShinHye will run away. And that will make things turns even worse.”

“Yeah. Thankfully you caught her in time.”

“ChangMin-ah.”

They both turn around, revealing Mr. Park and Mr. Jung who just finished apologizing to the guests that came. Surely they will talk about this later for some time since both parties invited quite a large number of guests.

Mr. Park plops down beside ChangMin while Mr. Jung plops beside his son in exhaustion.

ChangMin feels even more uncomfortable with this situation.

“That was so tiring!” Mr. Jung complained.

YunHo chuckled when he see his dad. “Want me to massage you?”

Mr. Jung smiles, “I would love to. But, right now. We have a wedding to attend.”

YunHo shots his dad a questioningly look. “Really? I didn’t know about that.” He then turns to Mr. Park who just chuckles when he see how confused this two kids.

“It’s ChangMin and ShinHye wedding. You are the best man YunHo. Come! Let’s get ready!”

Mr. Park pulls ChangMin while Mr. Jung pulls YunHo to stands up.

“What? Me?!” ChangMin said confusedly.

 

 

 

“Umma..”

Mrs. Park ignores ShinHye voice.

“Umma..” ShinHye rocks her mother body a bit.

“What do you want?! Make me even more embarrasses?” she shoved her hand away. “I don’t want to look at you right now. Go away.”

“Mrs. Park…” Mrs. Jung sits at the other side of Mrs. Park.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Jung. I should have taught my daughter properly.” She cries.

Mrs. Jung pats Mrs. Park shoulder slowly. “You taught her well Mrs. Park.”

“No. if I was, she shouldn’t make us embarrassed with her actions.”

ShinHye silenced .

“It’s me who keep pressing them both to get married. They don’t even see each other in that way. Well don’t worry because she has found herself a very wonderful guy. I treat ChangMin like my own son.”

Mrs. Park looks up. “You want her to get married with ChangMin?”

Mrs. Jung nodded her head. “Why not? ChangMin is a nice guy, I can guarantee on that. And ShinHye is also such a fine young lady. They deserved each other.”

ShinHye looks at Mrs. Jung unbelievingly. “Is that true omeonim? You will let us get married?“

“It’s true.”

They three turn around when they heard a man voice. Mr. Park is standing there while looking at his wife.

“Yobo. Just let them do what they want.”

Mrs. Park turns to ShinHye. “You want to marry him?”

ShinHye nodded her head. “There’s no other guy can replaced him umma. I love him.”

She turns to her husband back, “you agree to this?”

Mr. Park said yes. “I don’t want to see my daughter suffers. One is enough.”

“Who is the other one?” Mrs. Jung asked.

“My daughter in law.” Mr. Jung replied while putting his both hand on Mrs. Jung shoulder.

“HyeRan left us all today to God knows where. She can’t bear to watch YunHo wedding. That’s why YunHo arrived late this morning.”

ShinHye stands up. “She left? When?”

Mr. Jung shook his head, “I don’t know. Even ChangMin didn’t know about it.”

 

 

“That’s all you need to know.” JaeJoong sighed, tired from explaining all the details about the hospital. They visited all the departments in the quite huge hospital. He takes a look at her and grins when he saw her yawns.

“I know I give a boring lecture.” JaeJoong said.

HyeRan coughed in embarrassment. “You know it’s not like that.” They both smiled.

She feels so comfortable around him right now. It almost feels like all the chaos that happened between them both before this never occurred. He too can’t deny himself that he feels comfortable around her. To think that he actually didn’t feel this feeling for a long time already and he didn’t let the feeling stop flowing to each of his body parts.

“When will I be starting working?”

HyeRan voice pulls him back to reality and he clears his throat awkwardly when he realized he is actually staring at her just now.

“Whenever you want. For this meantime, we can’t specify which department you will in charge to as there’s few doctors that have gone to seminar and will only be back by next week.” They both start walking back to JaeJoong office.

“But you can drop by. You know, getting yourself familiar with yourself with this big hospital.”

HyeRan smiled, “about that. Don’t worries, I already have the blue print in my head.” She pointed to her head while smiling. With a nice background on architecture, she can remember the plan of any building quickly than others.

“Oh really? Want me to test you?” JaeJoong .

“If you want, sure! Loser has to treat winner a cup of coffee.”

“Alright.”

 

 

 

“Damn! You’re good.” JaeJoong laughed his infamous laugh. HyeRan sits in front of him proudly.

“I have a good mind!”

He laughed again, who will taught this petite girl have a very cheerful side?

“Now! Don’t you ‘suddenly forget’ our bet.” She withdraws her right hand. “I want a cup of warm coffee that perfects with current weather.” She said it in British accent.

JaeJoong laughed, “Yah! Stop laughing! I want a cup of coffee, not your spit!” she hides her hand to her back.

He stops laughing and let himself breath properly first before takes out few notes in his wallet.

HyeRan saw that, “no, I don’t want your money. I want coffee. Pronto!” she snapped her fingers few times.

He tried very hard to suppress his laugh, after making sure he is not laughing anymore, he steps forward. “I’m sorry. I will have a surgery at 3 in the morning later. But here is the money and I give you extra for cab fare. Here.”

He placed down few notes on the coffee table that stands between HyeRan and him. HyeRan stands up after took all the notes.

“tch! I thought I want to spend a coffee night with you. I guess I enjoy it myself.” she puts it in her pocket.

Suddenly she feels something on her head. She looks up and sees JaeJoong is patting her head.

“We will have it later, just the two of us.” He smiled charmingly.

HyeRan beamed and nodded her head. “Do your work properly!” she pats his shoulder while JaeJoong is smiling towards her.

 

But HyeRan slowly increase her power and JaeJoong starts to feel pain on her right shoulder.

 

“Yah!”

HyeRan laughed before runs out from his office.

“Aish.. That girl!” he winced in pain and smiling at her wittiness.

 

 

 

“Now, where should I go?” she takes a look at her wrist watch. “It’s still early. A coffee wouldn’t hurt anyone.” She smiled and walks to the Starbucks café that she went on her first day in New York.

 

*cling cling*

 

The bell that hung at the top of the door ringed when she pushed the entrance door. “Few people only. Nice..”

 In front of her got 2 people in queue to order for their drinks so she takes the chances to look around the café.

“This café actually quite cozy.” She praised.

“May I help you miss?” she focused back to her front when she realized there are no more people in front of her.

“Hi. Can you give me a warm latte please?” the worker nodded her head before punching some buttons on the counter.

HyeRan saw the digits appeared on the counter screen and she quickly grabs few notes that JaeJoong gave earlier.

“Here.” She hands her the money.

Just when the worker wants to take the money, a familiar voice to HyeRan ear that come behind the counter stops her.

“It’s on the house.”

He flashed her his infamous smirk. A smirk that he knew would melt any woman heart when they saw it.

“Howdy neighbor!” he smirk.

“Hey!! It’s you!!!” HyeRan points her finger towards him.

 

 

ChangMin stands on the aisle nervously. He turns back to YunHo. “How do I look?”

YunHo pretend to brush something on supposed to be his wedding tux. “I never knew we have the same body figure. I thought I’m more buff than you ChangMin ah.”

ChangMin smirked, he leans forward to YunHo ear, “if today it’s not my wedding day, I will surely beat you.”

YunHo whispers back, “yeah. Thanks to me that you can marry her.”

ChangMin winced, “I can’t argue with that. You know it’s true.” YunHo pats his best friend shoulder, “ it up. I’m not doing it for free. When my time comes, you surely need to help me too.”

ChangMin and him exchange smiles.

“Here comes the bride.” Mr. Jung announced.

ChangMin and YunHo turn their attention to the door and they immediately saw a beautiful woman is walking down the aisle with her pure white wedding dress while locking her arm with her dad. ShinHye looks up nervously and immediately caught ChangMin eyes.

“Wow. She’s beautiful..” Mrs. Jung praised. ChangMin heard that. No.. It’s not just beautiful. She looks so stunning! Almost like an angel.

He feels YunHo pats his shoulder. “What?”

“Err dude. You really need to close your mouth. Your saliva is dripping!” he chuckled.

ChangMin glares at him.

ShinHye almost giggle when she saw the act between the two best friends. When she saw how happy YunHo laughed, she suddenly remembers her best friend too.

If you are here, we can get married together HyeRan ah….YunHo oppa will be happier.

“ChangMin ah..” she heard her dad calls her just-in-moment-will-be-her-husband name.

ChangMin steps forward and bows to Mr. Park. “Take care of her greatly. Never once she lacks my love and her mom love. I want you to give her another great love that will overcome her parent love towards her.” Mr. Park voice starts to break.

“Appa…” ShinHye starts to have teary eyes too. In fact, everyone in the wedding hall is starting to have teary eyes too; Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Park already start to sob. All, except Jung YunHo. HyeRan keeps filling his mind right now. He is trying to imagine HyeRan is walking towards him while wearing wedding dress too. If she didn’t ran away, 4 of them will definitely get married today.

“Don’t worry Mr. Park; I will love her than my life. It took us so many obstacle to be able get married. I will never ever stop from loving her.” He takes a look at ShinHye lovingly before bows once again to Mr. Park and continues by taking her hand.

Luckily the priest that supposed to married YunHo and ShinHye is still around the hotel. YunHo asked for his kindness to lead this unexpectedly wedding. All the guest already went back and only Jung and Park family left.

It doesn’t matter to ChangMin and ShinHye who come to their wedding as long as they can get married. Right now, Park HyeRan image is filling in everyone head. They wonder what will happen if she is here right now…

 

 

While the priest is saying all the usual stuff about marriage, ShinHye couldn’t help himself to take a peek at her future husband. ChangMin feels someone is watching him right now and he turns to his left side too. They both locked their gaze and smiled affectionately.

“Groom, please follow my words.” ChangMin nodded his head while his eyes didn’t broke they eyes contact.

“I do..” ShinHye answered a fresh tears slid down her cheek. “Bride, you can follow my words now.”

“I do..” ChangMin answered this time and like his wife, his couldn’t stop a drop of tears from escaping his eyes too.

They both wiped away their partner tear and smiled.

“Now you are pronounced, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” The priest said.

ChangMin grabs ShinHye neck and proceed to taste each other lips. The 2 pairs of parent beside the aisle can’t stop themselves from cheering on them both. ChangMin can feels saltiness in his kiss and he assumed ShinHye still didn’t stop crying.

“YunHo yah, see how he is crying? You can totally later!” Mr. Jung happily said and turns to his side. Surprisingly, YunHo is not there. He looked back and saw a door just properly closed.

 

 

“You work here?” HyeRan asked. She then takes a sip of her warm latte.

He nodded his head. She looks up and saw a worker coming towards them while bringing hazelnut iced blended. She widened her eyes.

“Here your drink sir.” The worker said. The guy in front of him smiled cheerfully and quickly takes a sip of her drink.

“Yah! You work here too but why they served you? You should get it yourself.”

The guy laughed a bit. “You talk like an auntie you know.”

“mwoh?! How dare he call me an ahjumma. Didn’t he know he look like a giraffe with that long pair of legs?!”

“yeah, I know. A y and handsome giraffe I must say.” He suddenly replied in Korean too.

Once again she widened her eyes, “who are you?” she said above whispers.

 

 

“My name is Wu. Kris Wu.”  He leans forward and kisses her cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note: I want to make the wedding scene more surprise! But I couldn’t imagine more suitable scene. And that’s the result. I hope I made you said ‘aww’ just now! :P

 Now, Kris character is so sudden right? I don’t know why but when I type about the person details that HyeRan bumped during the elevator scene, he suddenly popped into my mind. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Comments and criticisms are more than welcomed! *bows*

p/s: has anyone noticed this chapter is longer than usual? :)

 

 


 

 

@Laishayano: hi!!! *waves* aww.. Nobody ever said my story made them cry! Thank you! Thanks for keep supporting me!

@nizzyool: this time, I didn’t do the unexpected right? Haha!