46

You Belong To Me

Letting go of Yunho hand, she went forward and hugged Kris tightly, so tight until she winced when her chest hurt.

Yunho hissed, worried about her chest.

“Sorry.” She mumbled. Kris focused on her wound, “I heard what happened.” Pulling her into his embrace once again, “I’m so damn worried about you Eloise.” he kissed on top of her head. An action which making Yunho frowned.

“Chanyeol managed to contact you?” she asked and he nodded. “I don’t know how that boy managed to contact me across China.”

Hyeran pulled away. “You are in China all this time?”

Kris nodded. “get well soon Eloise. I need your help and support to presses charges on Jessica.” “Charges?” she turns to Yunho, only then the taller man notices Yunho is there.

“Hey man.”

“Hey.” Yunho replied.

Letting go Kris hand around her waist, she walks to Yunho and interlaced their fingers. “What do you think I should do?”

Caressing her hand using his thumb, he smiled encouragingly, “do what do you think is the best. i will always support your decision. Although I do hope you will press charges on her.” Turning to Kris, “if she presses her charges, what is the punishment for Jessica?”

Hyeran winced. So much as she hates the lady but knowing that Jessica will suffer in the jail makes her feel uneasy. She is a lady after all.

“I had discussed with my lawyer. She..” he glances towards Hyeran then turns back to Yunho. “Will have to face death sentence. For murdering my father. And attempted murder on Eloise and Jihye.”

Yunho feels her grip tighten. “That’s all?”

Kris sighed. “I know you will call me chicken or other names but I asked my lawyer to minimize the punishment she will get.”

“minimize???!!!” yunho faces turned hard. “This lady here,” he lifted up his intertwined hand, “my lady is nearly killed because of her. Don’t put pity on her.”

“Yunho-”

It’s not Kris who called him, but JaeJoong who just barged in. Yunho turns to him. “You know about this don’t you?”

“I do. I talked to his lawyer before this MIA Man decided to show up here.” Glancing at Hyeran, “Look, the death sentence is permanent. And what we do now is just minimize the tortured. You think Eloise will be happy if she knows Jessica is being tortured in the prison?”

Yunho let go of Hyeran hand. “You don’t understand.” He turned to Kris. “Any of you don’t understand to be placed under the same situation twice!”

“In my defense, she left me because of his dad.” JaeJoong shrugged.

“At least she still remember you.” Annoyed clearly seen on his face. “You don’t lose her twice.” Everyone in the room knows that this is going to be personal. “I want to at least do something to Hyeran since I never have the chance to.”  

“I understand. But -”

“No! You don’t ing understand all the pain and -”

“Hey! We all have been hurt before! Kris with his father and Jessica, me with Jessica and you with Eloise!”

Hyeran look at the three men. “Enough of this.” She said. Luckily all of them listened to her. “Jae, don’t be mad okay. Relax.” Then she turned to Kris.  “Whatever punishment you want to make, just make it. I will follow all your words.” She hold Yunho hand, “if you excuse me, I want to have a talk with him.” Both man nodded their head before went out from the room. “I’ll see you later.” Kris managed to speak before close the door.

“Yunho…”

“Hyeran, don’t-” once again his words are stuck. This time it’s because Hyeran is planting her lips on top of his. Confused, but still he reply to her kiss.

 

When she can’t hold her breath any longer, she stops from kissing her future husband. Yunho opens his eyes and immediately drowned into her innocent eyes. “What was that for?”

Hyeran kissed his cheek. “What do I do until I deserved such a fine man…” she sighed. “After I get out from here, let’s get married.”

That statement make him grinned, “are you bribing me? To support Kris and JaeJoong decision?”

“Well,” Turning her body to in front instead of facing Yunho, Hyeran shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly, “it’s true. And another one is because you are so slow! Seriously Yunho, I’m the one who found the ring and now I’m the one who told us to have wedding ceremony too?” she huffed.

Yunho stares at her.

“Seriously, you are not romantic at all.” She turned to faced him. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Having a y smirk on his face, Yunho leaned towards her, dangerously closed before breathes out, “let’s see how not romantic I am.” without letting Hyeran have the chance to run away, he smacked his lips on hers and gives her the passionate kiss that he had been longing to give her.

 

 

Days passed and today are Hyeran last day at the hospital. She is with the in charge doctor to check her on last time before she can be completely released. Meanwhile, Yunho and JaeJoong are in her ward room, packing up all her stuffs.

“Wedding huh?”

Yunho grins. “She is the one who proposed it.” Putting the medium sized luggage beside the door,  he turns to him. “Take a few days off. Let’s go back to Seoul.”

JaeJoong stops from doing his stuffs. “Wait, I thought you want to have it here.” Sliding his pen inside his upper pocket. “I can’t. I still have my parent and her once-parent. Call me traditional or whatever but I still need their blessings. Otherwise, I can’t live peacefully.”

The knock on the door immediately making the two guys turn their head, only to reveal Ri In and Jihye.

“Hey..” JaeJoong went forward and kissed Jihye cheek, while Yunho is smiling when he saw them both. “They told me you are in here.” JiHye feels JaeJoong hand around her waist.

“Have you done packing?” Ri In looks around and saw no more Hyeran things in the room. “Yes. Now I just have to wait for her final checkup to end and we can go back already.”

“By going back you mean going back to Kris loft or Seoul?”

“Both.” Yunho smiled.

 

“Please Eloise; don’t try to be a hero.” Dr. Helena, the doctor in charge of Hyeran advised. Although they rarely meet because each are assigned to different department, but she of course have heard of her. “Just stay out of trouble.”

She slightly rolled her eyes and earns a light smack on her arm. “I can’t. Troubles always found me.” They both giggled before Dr. Helena signed the bottom of the letter. “Oh yeah, I heard that you are transferring back to Seoul. What happen?”

She stands up, fixing her sweater, to cover up her body properly before grabbing the letter.

“Well, I’m getting married!” she said excitedly.

 

“WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!”

She yelled when the poppers shocked her. Waving the empty space in front of her to make the confetti falls on her legs instead of her hair.  She looked in front of her and surprised to see that everyone is there including the two young boys that she had met during Yerin visit to hospital. And she can clearly seen who is the one having crush on her ‘god-daughter’.

JaeJoong and Jihye is standing side by side while Ri In is busy rocking her body side to side, trying to make little Minhwan in her arm not crying as she is afraid little Minhwan is in shock state. Ri In and Junsu now is the official guardian to Kim Minhwan, or once Park Minhwan. Yeon Hee and Yoochun turns out has written a will where all their belongings are named after their only son. And there is one additional request, if they can’t make it, then they has requested the Kim couple to take care of their little son. And the couple never feels so blessed before.

 As for Chanyeol, well, he is now in college. Majoring in the field that he excels with, information technology. JaeJoong and Junsu agreed on putting Chanyeol under the family tree since he doesn’t have anyone else. The boy is still young, so JaeJoong prefer if he is under his care, studying and having a normal boy life instead of sleeping at the subway or any place that let him rest his body.

Hyeran smiled gratefully. She is admitted in the hospital for 3 months only yet so many things changed.

Lastly, her eyes landed on Kris. The tall man that seems so quiet and so bothered. The rest of the guys caught how Hyeran look at Kris. “Let’s go everyone. I baked some cakes for you guys. Let’s go to downstairs.”

Yunho pats Hyeran hand before motion her to have a talk with Kris. She smiled at him gratefully. Grateful that he is understand the situation.

When Yunho closed the door, Hyeran makes her way to Kris, standing in front of the tall guy before holding his both arms. “Well, someone doesn’t look so happy with my homecoming.”

Kris tried to lift his lips but he can’t. Regret, angry, sad and relief are clearly seen on his both eyes. He bends down his body and hugs the doctor. “I’m so sorry for everything Eloise.”

 “Silly, why are you apologizing? Things happened.” She managed to ruffles his hair although they have such a difference in height department. “Don’t let me feels guilty for making you to feel that Kris. Whatever Jessica had done to me, those are none of your business. Things happened because she wants JaeJoong back to her life.”

She feels Kris nodded his head at the crook of her neck. “Good. Now, let me see that handsome charming smile of yours. Stop frowning, you will have wrinkles later.”

Kris laughed. “Since when you are giving attention on those?”

“Since my guardian angel is a model.”

 

 

Few days later, Yunho and Hyeran walked out from Incheon International airport, hand in hand. Kris has decided to return to New York and to continue on his father business since all has returned to him. Hyeran has officially transferred to Seoul Hospital, her previous hospital. So, she is now returned to Seoul for good.

Grinning while walking to Changmin and Shinhye who loyally waiting for them, Hyeran threw her arms around Shinhye and her intention to hugs her tightly vanished since the soon to be mother already have a round tummy.

“Welcome home.” Shinhye whispers when they are hugging, almost. She can’t stop her tears from the moment she saw how happy she with Yunho. And to think that she almost take the smile away making she feels disappointed on herself.

“Yahh.. don’t cry. I don’t want your baby to be a crybaby later.” She wipes away the teary eyes. “let’s go. I’m hungry.” She joked and pulled Yunho to walks with her.

After they are inside Changmin car, Yunho has told her that they are going straight to his house first before to the Park residence. She is nervous, but willing to tolerate because of Yunho. Will she act coldly later? Or will she pretending to know nothing?

 

Mrs. Jung has prepared all Hyeran favorite foods on the table and now nervously waiting for her son and her arrival. Mr. Jung is also on his way back. Cutting short his work just to have a meal with Hyeran.

“how do I look?” Mr. Jung asked while fixing his bow tie. Mrs. Jung come to him and fixed it a little bit. “handsome as always.” She runs her hands on Mr. Jung shoulder before she received a kiss on the cheek. “I’m so nervous.” Mrs. Jung said.

Mr. Jung nodded understandingly. He is the witnessed on how his wife is repenting her mistakes all this times. How she will suddenly cried when she saw her only son working his off, or seeing how the look in her son eyes when they are hanging out with ChangMin and Shinhye. She saw that loneliness in Yunho eyes. That’s why she kept blaming herself, for being the only reason why her son is still single in his thirties.

“Umma, appa….”

Mrs Jung quickly goes to the door to greet the person that just called them and to see the lady too.

“Anneyong haseyo Mrs. Jung.” Hyeran bows when she saw the old lady in front of her. after so many years of not seeing her, Mrs. Jung looks so different from the last time. If before this she is all dressed up, but now she looks like a typical housewife. And she wonders where did the charismatic Mrs. Jung goes?

“Hyeran!” Mrs. Jung threw her both arms around her. “Thank you for willing to come!” shocked by the situation, she awkwardly pats Mrs. Jung arm. She never had been so touchy with older woman before. Even when she is Mrs. Park’s daughter. Yunho saw her gestures and silently chuckled.

“Okay umma, you can let go of her. She is getting uncomfortable.”

“Err.. No..” she stops, not knowing what she should said in order not to be rude. “It’s okay. Now, come, I have cooked your favorite food.”

The warmness that filled her body at the seconds Mrs. Jung hold her hand has make her lips curved upwards. It’s feel so long since she last felt a mother touches. This time, she can clearly see that Mrs. Jung has genuinely accepted her. no more drama, no more problem and definitely no more trauma.

As for Mr. Jung, the man who she always feels comfortable with only smiling warmly towards her. no hugs and no definitely no kisses, but the feeling of acceptance can still felt by her although they last seen each other many 5 years ago.

“umma, if possible, we are getting married next month.”

Mrs. Jung almost choked when Yunho suddenly burst the news like that. Hyeran who is sitting beside Mrs. Jung pats her back and handed her a tissue. “yah brat. That next month you are talking about it’s in two weeks more. How should I prepare all the things needed?”

“It’s okay. I don’t really want to hold wedding ceremony actually.”

“What?” the older woman wipes her lips. “oh no, you can’t say that. Yunho is my only child and you are my only daughter in-law.”

Yunho rolled his eyes. “umma, if I’m only your son then definitely she is your only daughter in-law.”

She glared at him. “shut up you. Just eat your soup!”

“Tch!” jutting out his lower lips, Yunho obediently scoops his soup.

“it’s every woman dream to have a grand wedding. Don’t you want to?” Mrs. Jung curled a lock of Hyeran hair. “I don’t want to trouble anyone and nobody is going to come anyways.” “Dear,” she puts her hand on top of Hyeran’s, “you need to stop thinking that no one loves you other than Yunho of course.” Mrs. Jung shot a pointy look to her son, earning a chuckle from Hyeran. “I’m sincerely apologized for all of the things I have done before and -”

“no need umma.”

All the Jung’s eyes widen at the moment. Immediately tears filled Mrs. Jung eyes.

“Thank you Hyeran ah.. Thank you.”

 

Getting in the car, the nervousness starts to creeps into her veins again. Yunho’s parent, checked. And now? Her ‘parent’, the Park. However, at least there will be ShinHye and Changmin at the house. She could at least be at ease right?

She must be dreaming right now. Yeah, she is 100% sure she is dreaming. Because right now, in front of her, Mrs. Park, or should she be calling her ‘umma’ is spreading her both arms and waiting for her embrace where as for all this time, she never have the chance to hugs her umma.

Dropping the bag she held, she quickly rushes forward and hugs the old woman that she missed dearly. Tears filled in every female eye. Even Yunho and Changmin couldn’t help but to have that nearly cried moment. Mr. Park comes forward and embraced those two. The familiar cologne smell from her father still clearly remembered by her. she looks up and saw Mr. Park smiling towards her. “umma, appa.”

And now she feels like she is indeed loved by everyone. No more sadness, no more sad tears, no more loneliness and definitely no trauma.

 

 

 

A/N: Hi all!!! So sorry I can’t update for these last few months. I have started my internship at my place and gosh, the workload. When I got back home, all I wanted is to sleep, sleep and sleep!

Comments are loved! :D