21

You Belong To Me

 

He feels his hand being held by someone. Slowly, he opens his pair of eyes and immediately white ceiling view greets him. He looked to his left and saw grey painted building through the window. Sighed, he knew where he is now.

They’ve found him.

And most importantly, he’s not dead.

“YunHo ah?”

He recognizes the voice; however he didn’t turn to his right. “Doctor!!!” he heard his mom shouts for the doctor to come to check on him, he knew, he probably unconscious for few days or worse, weeks.

Then, the male doctor come and checks his body. He flashed his small torchlight towards his eyes and check on his breath rate.

“He’s stable now.”

“Thank God!!” his mom cries, he actually hates seeing her like that. When the doctor left, he still didn’t look at the opposite side, still fixing his gaze on the grey building. He just doesn’t want to see his mother pair of eyes. He ignored her.

“Yes ChangMin ah. He’s awake now.”

Oh, another trouble, Shim ChangMin.

Few minutes after that, he feels his mom warmness on his right hand. “YunHo ah..” still, he didn’t budge. However, he can’t ignore the feeling starts to creeps inside his body. “YunHo ahh..” now, his mom put her hand under his chin and pulled it towards her direction, facing her.

At the moment his pair of eyes met the old woman tired eyes, tired from taking care of him, almost immediately, his tears filled his eyes.  Touched and guiltiness filled him.

“Umma..”

His voice comes out as whisper because his throat is still not in a great condition.

“Mian.”

Mrs. Jung hugs her son, her only son. She caressed YunHo thick hair and kisses his forehead. “I’m sorry too.” She said. YunHo shakes his head, “I’m such a bad son.”

“no no no no no no!!! Don’t say that.”

She then pats YunHo back and then his arm, rocking him like a little child.

 

JaeJoong stared at HyeRan name on his phone. What should he tell her? More important is, how he should tell her? That her favorite professor is dying? He looked over his luggage on his bed, “I can’t believe I’m going back to Seoul.” He sighed, “After all these years.”

To be honest, Seoul never leaves a good impression to JaeJoong. He blame Seoul City for making him met his ex-wife, the woman that broke his heart into millions. Seoul also is the place where his parent spends their last day before they die together. That’s why he didn’t let anyone in his house speak Korean; he doesn’t want to remember everything that happened before, at all.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in.” JaeJoong slowly said.

The door revealed YeRin in her school uniform, tying her hair in pigtail style. “Dad!” JaeJoong smiled and hugs his daughter. “I miss you.” YeRin snuggle to her dad. “I miss you too, love.”

“Where are we going actually? Uncle picks me up and said we need to pack up. Are we going to Seoul?”

He nodded his head, “Lee Grandpa is not in good condition. We need to visit him.” YeRin smiled. “Lee Grandpa once said if I give him kisses, he will be superman. I think I need to give him many kisses this time.”

JaeJoong let out his breathless laugh.

“By the way, where’s Eloise Umma? I miss her.”

“She is at her brother house. I haven’t told her about this yet.”

 

“AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! KRIS PLEASE!!!” Kris evilly tackled HyeRan waist and he is lucky his hair is shorter than before as HyeRan didn’t stop from pulling his hair but of course she can’t. Since day one HyeRan stays at YooChun, Kris didn’t stop from visiting her everyday. YooChun of course didn’t like him, feeling that Kris is too comfortable with his sister while YeonHee enjoys his presence, anyone will be glad to serve iced coffee to this handsome guy!

To Kris, he didn’t mind to travel for almost 30 minutes just to see her laugh for once. Because he knew, HyeRan will cry once she enters her room. He knew it by judging the puffiness of her eyes the next day they met at his café.

Of course, not only he saw that. YooChun, YeonHee and JaeJoong also saw that.

Just when HyeRan wants to smack Kris head, her phone rings. She grabs her phone and answered, “Yes Jae.” Kris looks at her. “Excuse me, going back to Seoul?” At that time, Kris also got a call; he stands up and signals to HyeRan that he will be just outside. She nodded her head.

“Eloise, listen carefully.”

“Why you sound so serious? What’s wrong?” why suddenly said going back to Seoul?

“Prof. Lee…”

“Prof Lee? What’s wrong with him?” she frowned, then she heard him sighed. “Jae, I hate it when you sighed. Come on tell me.”

Deep inside her, she somehow can guess what actually is going on.

“He is dying; we need to go back tonight.” Just when he wants to continues his sentence, HyeRan already hung up. “Oh boy~”

HyeRan squats down and pulled out the empty luggage under her bed. She carelessly throws as many clothes as she can. She can’t even think properly now. If he said he is dying means she has the chance to see him, a chance to properly thank him for giving her new life in New York.

“Wait for me, Prof.”

Kris enters the house and search for HyeRan around the living room. He then walks to the kitchen when he didn’t saw her. Then, he saw her walking out from her room.

“Eloise!”

HyeRa halted and look up. “Kris! Prof. Lee is dying!” obviously Kris didn’t know who he is but still he pats her shoulder, “Be calm Eloise. I see you already done packing, now let’s go. I send you to Jae house.”

She nodded.

 

Almost 45 minutes after that, they both safely arrived and is knocking on the door. JaeJoong opens the door and she swears she can feel the depressed mode inside the house. She didn’t greet him and straight to her room, to grab few things more. Kris steps inside the house.

“Hey, thanks for taking her.”

Kris slightly waves his hand, “I’m was hanging out there just now. By the way, who is this Prof. Lee?”

JaeJoong drags YeRin luggage, let it stand beside his luggage. “My uncle, her favorite Prof.”

“I see. By the way, what time is your flight?”

“8.00 pm. Why?”

Kris smiled, “Cool, we’re on the same flight.  I just got a last minute call to a fashion show. The main model is injured.”

 

YunHo is on his bed, randomly switching the TV channel as none attracts his attention. Just he switch off the TV, someone opens the door.

“Yah! Stupid!”

YunHo winced. He looks at the door way and saw two good looking man stand side by side while wearing business attire. Since YunHo is missing, ChangMin somehow have to step in the company too. He didn’t do much though as his skill not very good when it comes to business.

“What are you thinking man?!!!” SeungHyun starts to speak in English. “Suicide??!!” he continues. “Tell me about it.” ChangMin too continue in English.

YunHo smiled, “did you just finish talking to the US Company?”

“Yup!” they both replied together and sighed together. “I swear man, you should come back to the company. Everyone miss you.” SeungHyun pouts, ChangMin make a disgust face while YunHo is laughing.

“My wife does it better than you.” he mumbled. However, SeungHyun heard that. He nudged ChangMin. “Yeah, your wife is so pretty, I know that.”

They both finally took a seat beside YunHo. “How are you today?” ChangMin asked first. YunHo nodded his head. “I’m good.”

“By the way, someone called Ye Eun called before and she leaved a message to you. She said it is urgent.”

YunHo winced, “what does she said?”

SeungHyun took out a piece of note inside his coat and read it loudly, “YunHo sshi, I don’t know if you still remember him but Prof. Lee, is dying. I hope you can visit him.”

YunHo widened his eyes, “oh my… ”

He surely remembers who is Prof Lee. He should meet him that day, asking where HyeRan is.

Ahh HyeRan..

The only reason why he walked towards the sea at that time.  On that night, he drink almost 15 cans of alcoholic drink until he can’t even stand. At that time, only one thought keep visit his mind. “If I die, I don’t have to suffer anymore.” Because of that thought, he shuts his eyes and keeps walking towards the sea until his legs can’t feel the sand beneath anymore.

“I will visit him. If HyeRan heard about it, she will come back. I have faith on that. let’s see how long she will missing.”

ChangMin smirked, “Way to go YunHo! Just give her another chance. I’m sure she will be back.”

 

Author’s note: Who’s up for a little reunion??!! :DDDD