34

You Belong To Me

After they got back from the park, Yunho asked her where they want to have their early dinner since it’s just 6 at that time. “I don’t know. How about you decide?”

Yunho let a car passed him first then he blinks the signal, to enter the other lane. “Honestly, I feel bored eating at restaurant.” She glances at him, “are you copying me?”

“What?” he let out a chuckle, he slightly turns at her for a brief moment before focuses on the road again. “I’m thinking the same too. It feels so long already since I have home cooked meal.”

“we can cook if you want.” he suggest.  “you better think fast because the junction is in front there.”

“Okay, let’s do that.”

 

And now, here they are. Both are selecting the ingredients for their food later. Yunho still wear his dress shirt with his sleeves folded up till his elbow and the tie is already long gone. Hyeran smiles when she saw him taking out the trolley (I’m not sure what you guys called at your place, but I called it trolley. Hehehe.). “I feel bad. We should let you changed first before you met me.” She circled her arm on Yunho waist.

“it’s okay. Now, what do you want to eat tonight?” skillfully, he pulls Hyeran a bit and let her trap between his both arms, Hyeran chuckled when she saw his muscular arms on her left and right. Luckily she is smaller and shorter than Yunho, otherwise there’s no way he can do that.

“since it’s our last night together, maybe we can ditch dinner and have a great night together.” Yunho whispers seductively when she is thinking on what they should eat tonight. “yahh!” she pinches Yunho cheek strongly, she turns to faces him, “how can you think about that~~~” she pulls his cheeks more. “I didn’t know you have turn into a ert after 5 years!”

“ow! Ow! Ow! Park Hyeran!!” he pulls her hand away and opens his mouth in funny way, “my mouth muscles all gone already.” he joked. “serves you right!” she huffed.

“arasseo arasseo.. come, let us think ‘cleanly’ on what we should eat tonight. I’m thinking spaghetti. How about it? Carbonara, your fav.” He suggested when he saw many cans of spaghetti sauce on the shelf. Hyeran shook her head. “I think I want to eat rice tonight. What about you?”

“kimchi jigae then?” Yunho puts back the carbonara can and faces her. “all this years, you can cook already?”

She nodded her head and pushes the trolley, “Ri In unnie taught me a lot. Even Kris and JaeJoong praised me.” She gulped when she mentioned Kris’s name.

And that successfully make his happy face turns to sour face. He pulls her ponytail a bit, “why oh why you need to mentioned to me that other man has taste your first dish? i’m your boyfriend, but I don’t have any privileges at all. ”

She laughed when she saw how he sulked. Seriously this guy. Can’t he see that no matter what he is still number one for me?  They continue to walk, “Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t mention anything about them anymore.” She ruffles his hair, “come on Jung Yunho, we need to seriously find the ingredients, it’s already late now!”

Together, with Hyeran standing inside, they push the trolley together and look for fresh ingredients. Yunho didn’t tell her this, but they are not going back to his parent house, they are going back to another house, their house.

 

 

Yeonhee knocks on Yoochun’s office room when she arrived at his office. He probably didn’t heard her but she can still hear Yoochun soft voice. Talking to the clients probably. But she still opens the door, turning the knob, she immediately heard him.

“I don’t know if we will going back Shinhye ah. You know mom and dad. It’s already many years already but they never once realized I’m gone isn’t it? And now with Yeonhee pregnant, do you think they will accept my wife and my future kid?”

Yeonhee frowned. So this has been bugging him these few days? No wonder he always look spaced out when I mentioned about our baby. She grew soft when she listen more their conversation. Yoochun is worried about their baby since he knows that both parents will be gone after the baby is born, if God still didn’t take away their life earlier than their estimation.

“I’ll see what I can do. If you got no email from me saying I’m going back then I guess this is goodbye.” Yoochun silent for a while, hearing what Shinhye said from the other line. “No, don’t say that. I love you. I do.” He choked on his own tears. “I can’t promise you that I will be back to Seoul but I can promise you I will try.”

Yeonhee closes the door back and walks towards the pantry. She needs to think but she can’t walk any further since her stomach is already big. Few staffs there that recognizes her greets Yeonhee when they saw her.

 

 

“So you have been friend with Yunho sshi since that day?” Jihye asks and sips her bubble tea which Seunghyun treated her after their late lunch together just now. Ri In left after lunch because Junsu wants to meet her.

“Yup. But Changmin is still the one who know him better. It was like I’m Barney in How I Met Your Mother while Yunho and Changmin are like Ted and Marshall.” he flashes her, his charming smile.

Jihye laughed “so you are a player then?”. “No no no! I’m one woman man.” He then look at her, “you have a boyfriend Jihye sshi?”

She went silence when he asked her that question. Is JaeJoong considered as her boyfriend? Because they did kissed last night and spend all night talking about themselves but he never mentioned the word boyfriend and she also didn’t asked him what’s their relationship status now.

“Jihye sshi?”

“huh?” she turns to him, “Err.. I don’t know actually.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” a voice surprised them both and Jihye quickly turns around. “JaeJoong ah!”

Seunghyun look at the man in front of him. “Anneyong haseyo, I’m Choi Seunghyun.”

JaeJoong turns to him, “Anneyong, My name is Kim JaeJoong, Wang Jihyes boyfriend.” He stares at her although he is introducing himself towards Seunghyun and that send shivers in her stomach.

“Oh I see.” The deep voice smiles towards Jihye, “I’ll guess I need to make my move first. We’ll see each other tomorrow. Have a nice day.” he then turns to JaeJoong, “have a nice day to you too.”

He doesn’t like that guy but still he curved up his lips. When Seunghyun walks away, he turns to Jihye. She nervously looks at him. “Hi.”

“you already cheat behind my back on Day one?” he crossed his arms. “if I didn’t asked Ri In where are you I don’t think I will saw that confusedness on your face.” he turns his heel and walks away.

“Wait! Jae wait!” she chases him, “stupid heels!” she hissed when her legs starts to pain. She is running and didn’t saw a small pool of water in front of her. “aah!!”

JaeJoong turns around and saw Jihye is sitting on the floor, her hair is a mess caused from all the running and her heels is broken. He walks back to her.

She is using her handbag to covers her face as people keep looking at her on the floor. She tries to stands up but fall down again when the floor is too slippery. She looks at her heels and gasped, “my heels!!”

“can you get up?” JaeJoong voice stops her. “Jae!!!” she wailed while raising up her both arms, he stiffened his laugh and try to lift her up. “Aish.. How can you fall?” he takes her coat and wrapped it around her waist, covering her skirt who has wet spot on it.

“who told you to walk away.” She scoffed, “bwoh? Cheated? Yah! I don’t even know if we are together or not. You don’t even say anything.” JaeJoong then drags her towards the nearest wood bench. “Sit here. I will be coming back.” Just like that, he jogs away. Jihye couldn’t help but to stare at him, thinking where he went.

 

 

Hyeran weirdly look at the guy beside her. “where are you taking me? As far as I know, your house is that way.” She points to the junction that they just passed. “are you going to kill me Jung Yunho?”

He laughed, “that head of yours really need to be fixed. We are not going back to my parent house tonight. I know how you will act.” Hyeran guiltily look at him, “why you never force me to forgive your mom?”

He sighed, “we have known each other for so long already Park Hyeran. And I don’t intend to make you do the things you are not ready yet. I trust you.” he takes a left turn, “so if you are not ready yet to forgive my mom then I can’t force you.”

She nodded her head understandingly. He is a great man after all. She feels lucky that this guy, this Jung Yunho, is hers. He understands her and he respect her, what else did she need? Nothing, because Jung Yunho has given her everything.

 Eventually, they come to a stop. Hyeran peeks outside and saw a house. A bungalow house. Yunho takes out some kind of a small grey remote from the dashboard and the black big fence opens. He drives inside and first thing that Hyeran saw is a small fountain with medium sized wood gazebo.

“Whose house is it?”

Yunho turns off the engine, “why don’t you find out yourself.” He then gets out from the car and takes out all the stuffs they bought just now. Hyeran helps him by lifting the watermelon. They walk towards the door. “You know the code?”

 He nodded. “let me press it, since your hands are full. What’s the pass code?”

She lift up the grey metal thingy and it reveals a dial pad. “is today’s date.”

She pressed it and a beep sound can be heard. Hyeran then opens up the door.

“uwaaa!!!” she screams excitedly when she see the interior design of the house. There are fireplace at the living room and a big glass coffee table at the center of the living room. The walls being painted grey and there are also a big curved designed aquarium separated the living room and the kitchen. And the kitchen, she immediately saw a kitchen counter with few bar stool over there. she can see the metal surface of the refrigerator and the sleek design of the wooden cabinet just add the kitchen beauty.

Yunho puts all the things on the kitchen counter and takes two couple mug from the cabinet. He pours himself a cold water and orange juice for his lady. She saw how naturally he took out the mug, as if the placed is his.

“Whose house is this?” she grabs her orange juice and continues to scans around.  He didn’t answer her. After making sure all the things was put into their suitable places, including the watermelon that Hyeran hold from the moment they stepped inside the house, Yunho grabs her hand and leads her to upstairs. She obediently follows him.

They have reached the first room once they arrived on the second floor. Yunho opens the door for her and they both steps inside. The lights automatically switched on when they close the door.

“This is my working room and mini library you can say.” Hyeran saw many books behind the desk. She turns to her right and saw another desk but it’s empty. However there’s something that caught her attention. Behind the empty desk, on the book shelves, she saw the full edition of the manga that she used to read back in high school. The manga that Yunho and her love. In her mind, she can already guess whose this house belongs to but she can’t hundred percent sure yet.

“Come, I will show you the other room.” He grabs her hand again and they moves to the second room. Hyeran opens the door this time. Like before, the lights automatically lit up. “this is master bedroom.” He crossed his arm when he saw her opens the other door inside the room. Hyeran opens the door and her eyes immediately caught a big picture of Yunho and her, during their school time, hanging on the wall, just right above the king sized bed headrest.

She covers as tears start to forms. This is their house. She walks back to where Yunho stands, “when did you buy this house?”

“Shortly after you left to New York.” He puts his arm on her shoulder, “Why are you crying?” Yunho wipes away the tears on the doctor face. “But what if I didn’t come back? What if I moved on?” she said between her tears.

“I guess I just live here on my own.”

“Oh Yunho!” she wrapped her both arms on Yunho neck and they both hug.

 

 

 

JaeJoong come back to her with a paper bag on his left hand. He walks to her, “I hope the size is correct.” He bends down in front of her and takes out the flip flops that he bought for her.

“What-” Jihye widened her eyes, blocking his hand from taking her leg, “Jae, I can do it by myself.” She speaks in English. JaeJoong pushes her hand back, “let me do this plus I have something to ask you too.” He replied in English too.

So she lets him. Slowly, JaeJoong takes her leg and put it on his knee, he then puts the flip flops under her legs. “Sometimes you need to rest your legs too. Don’t keep on wearing high heels.” He looks up smiling. Jihye nodded. “Noted, doctor.”

She pats the empty seat beside her. He gladly takes the seat beside her. “So what are you going to asks me?”

“You don’t believe what I told you last night?” 

She shook her head but then she nodded. “Which one is it? You do or you don’t?” “I believe whatever you said last night, even though you say you just came from 1000 years ago, I will also believe you.” she saw JaeJoong smiles. “But we never confirmed anything. So that’s why I answered that to Seunghyun sshi.”

Without turning to her, he grabs her hand, making the lady gasped. “do you have to be this blunt? We even kissed greatly last night.” Jihye pinked. “when we get back to New York, let’s find a ring.”

She turns to him, “are you going to propose to me?”

“Well, you can say that.” he shrugged his shoulders coolly. “OMG Jae! This is so not romantic at all!!” Jihye rose up her arms and lightly hit his arm using her hand. “Where’s the flower, ring, romantic dinner?” she looks around, “you proposed me in the middle of the mall?”

Standing up, she starts to walks away. JaeJoong easily catches up to her. “Are you listening to me or not? I said I’m going to, just now it’s not counted as propose at all.” She stops her tracks. “Really?” “aigoo Jihye, that childish act of you really need to be punished.” Without letting she replies, he bends down and locked his lips on hers.

“But we need to tell Yerin about this matter.” He said between kisses.

 

 

 

After their little moment in the master bedroom, surprisingly they both cooked their dinner in silence. Occasionally, Yunho will glances towards her trying his best to figure out what are she thinking. When finished, Hyeran prepares the bowl and plates while Yunho is pouring the kimchijigae into a more suitable pot. When he saw she prepares for only two person, he takes out another two set of plates and bowls. “I also invite Changmin and Shinhye.” She nodded and takes it from him.

Just when they finished preparing, the bell rings. Hyeran walks to the door and open it. “anneyong~~” she greets happily at the couple. “Anneyong!!” Shinhye hugs her and kiss her cheek. “I miss you!” she kisses Shinhye cheek too before turns towards her ‘brother in-law’, “hello captain.”  Changmin bends down and hugs her one arm. “where’s Yunho?”

“in the kitchen I guess.” She closed the door back and saw Changmin put something one the kitchen counter. “What’s that?” she asked. Shinhye opens the lid of the kimchijigae and smiles, “hmm.. smelled so delicious. Who’s the one cooked it?”

“Hyerannie.” Yunho smiles when he saw her. “hi, welcome.” He hugs her one arm too and hugs Changmin too. “what’s that?” Hyeran walks beside him, “I asked that too.”

“oh, just beers.” He opens the fridge and put some inside. “you bought that? I told you not too!” Shinhye hits his arm. “you know how Yunho oppa with alcohol.”

“Shinhye ah!” Yunho puts his finger on his lip to prevent Shinhye to spill more info. The lady beside him frowned at all of them. “is there something you didn’t tell me? What’s up with him and alcohol?”

Shinhye shook her head quickly, “err.. nothing. Let’s have dinner shall we? I’m hungry.” Changmin and her hurriedly walk to the dining table, Yunho try to follow them but she grabs the hem of his shirt. “I will tell you later. I promised.” He kissed her forehead and together they walk to the dining table.

The rest of the dinner went smoothly. They catch up lots of thing and Changmin told her how Shinhye and him get married. Shinhye also told her that she already knew what the elders done to her and she is sorry that she was too blind to see all of that. Hyeran shakes it off by saying that the past it past.

They are now enjoying their time at the small garden just outside the house. Yunho already cuts the watermelon into edible pieces and they are enjoying their view.

“so Yunho has told you about this house?” Changmin asked.

Hyeran nodded her head, “I just found out 2 hours ago. He didn’t tell me, not even hints.” Shinhye laughed when she saw how Hyeran glared towards Yunho. Yunho then shows her his cute face. “You know Hyeran, they both spend so much time designing this house and all other stuffs until I thought they both are having mistress outside.”

Hyeran tried to not look at Yunho. She already feels guilty about this house and now Shinhye is telling her the actual story about the process on making this house?

“yeah, you couldn’t believe it. She keeps asking me did I have someone out there, does she is prettier than her and she keep reminded me how hard we got married and all that stuffs.” Changmin added more. At that time, Yunho accidentally glances towards Hyeran and saw she is uncomfortable with their conversation now.

“okay okay, enough about the old time. Tomorrow she is going back, any last word?” he grabs Hyeran hand and rubs it using his thumb. Shinhye and Changmin look at each other. “you are leaving again?” “I thought you will staying here permanently since you already have a house here.”

“I want to but I can’t. but I already promised Yunho that I will asks for transfer so that I can continue on being doctor.”

Shinhye shook her head, “but I heard the process is going to take a lot of time.” She turns to Yunho, “you sure you can handle that?”

“Yeah hyung, long distance relationship is not that easy.”

“plus you will gets more busier after this with Ri In and from your other branches too.”

The couple keep on adding the pressure on her shoulder. “I know. But that’s what she want, I can live with it, don’t worry.” Yunho answered. “Well, I think both of you already discussed about this.” Mrs. Shim holds Hyeran another hand. “Think well Hyeran ah. You both know the feeling of separation better than anyone else out there.”  Changmin nodded, agreeing in whatever his wife said tonight. That’s what a husband does right? Supporting his wife.

“I’m sorry, I need to go to the loo.” She stands up and walks towards the house.

“What the heck are you both doing?” he immediately asked when he is sure Hyeran stepped inside the house. “stop pressuring her. She already feels guilty when she knows this house is hers.”

“I just want to remind her that she can’t keep on leaving you here. She is your girlfriend.” Shinhye crosses her arms.

Changmin scans Yunho face, “have you proposed to her?”

He shook his head. “she is going back tomorrow. There’s no way I want to make her even more pressured.”

Changmin scoffed, “and you think by letting her know about this existence of this house will make her feel less pressured?” “Tell me about it.” Shinhye added. “by giving this house to her is the same like you are proposing to her. It’s you who make she feels pressured at first.”

“I know. That’s why I didn’t propose to her tonight. I want she going back to New York with happy feeling. I don’t like she look so tension all the time.”

“What about you oppa? Can you handle the separation? New York is not like Tokyo.”

“I have to. If she wants that, I will agree to it. Her happiness is my most priority right now. I don’t want to force her to love the things I love. If I can wait for 20 years then I can wait more.” He stares blankly at the darkness ignoring the look that emitted from the married couple.

Without three of them knowing about it, Hyeran is behind the door, listen to every word Yunho spoke just now. she never went to the bathroom, she just need an escape from their questions.

 

After almost 5 minutes, she walks back to the garden and surprised to see the married couple is not there. “Where’s them?”

“Oh, they just went back. Shinhye can’t stay out late at night for too long. She’s pregnant remember?” Hyeran nodded her head and helps Yunho to clean up. They both walk inside the house and straightly go to the kitchen.

“I wash all of this. You go upstairs freshen up and change your cloth. After this I will drive back you to your hotel.” Yunho slightly pushes her away.

“O.. Okay.”

And the house went dead silence once again. Only the running water sounds can be heard.

 

10 minutes passed, Yunho just finished his work, he even wipes the counter top and the dining table. Finished, he turns back to put back the wiping cloth but instead he met with Hyeran head and she is now hugging him.

“Hyeran?”

He can smell the lavender shampoo from his hair. All the toiletries that he once saw at Changmin house when they had their two weeks together last time still clear in his mind, thus he bought it just in case she will drop by.

“What did I do to deserved such a good man like you, Yunho oppa?”

He widened his eyes when he heard her called him ‘oppa’ since usually it will be Yunho only. He clears his throat. “Hyeran, let me put the cloth first and wash my hand. I’m also kinda have sticky body.”

“No.” she wrapped him tighter. “Love, can you please? I need to shower too.” He kissed her forehead.

“which part of no you don’t understand Yunho oppa?” she looks up and pouts. “don’t pout, I feel like I want to kiss you.” Yunho pouts too and earn a giggles from her.

“Go shower oppa! You are stinky!” she pinched her nose.

“I have told you just now!” he tossed the cloth and runs upstairs.

Hyeran giggles while plopping on the couch. She then turns back to see whether Yunho already in his room or still lingering upstairs. After she heard the running water sounds, she takes out that velvet small box from her jean pocket.