4

You Belong To Me

 

 

“Do you want to enter or not? Because I’m late now and-”

“Okay okay. I’m in. see?” HyeRan cuts him off with an unsatisfied expression on her face.

The guy looks at her with an amused expression. No girl ever cuts him off before. Well, actually there was. But then it was different, they shut him up with kisses. *clears throat*

HyeRan looks up, way up because her height is the same with this guy diaphragm. Wow, he is so tall. Like Senior Shim. Stupid! Don’t think about them! Stupid! She puts her both hands in her jacket front pocket.

“I’m sorry I cut you off.”

He turns to her, more like towered over her, “it’s okay.”

They both saw each other reflection on the metal door of the elevator, without them knowing about it, both face curved a lovely smile.

TING!

“See you later neighbor.” The guy went out from the elevator quickly with his long legs.

HyeRan bits her lips to prevent her from smiling; this guy gave her a funny feeling.

 

 

HyeRan walks out from the revolving door of the building that the Kim Family stays, she feels a bit scared when she saw many people walks passed her. Why so many people?

She takes a look at her wrist watch, “Oh yeah, lunch hour.” She mentally smacked herself. Now it will take forever to catch a cab.

When mention about cab, she smirks cutely. It’s always been her dream to be able sitting inside the yellow cab. In fact, New York it’s her dream city. The life of the people at here is so city-ish? She shrugged her shoulder.

“Oh well, better try to catch a cab now. I really don’t want to be late during first day of working.”

She looks at her right and immediately saw a yellow cab is coming towards her. She withdraws her right hand quickly.

“Taxi!!!”

Unfortunately, the taxi is occupied. Not wanting to give up yet, she raised her hand when she saw another cab is coming towards her.

“Taxi!! Taxi!!!”

Few people passed her glanced at her with a smile on their face. They instantly knew this girl is a fresh New Yorker.

Just then, a shiny black convertible sports car stops right in front of her. The window of the car is tinted so she didn’t saw who is in the car.

“Hello.” She waves at the window which reflects her own image. “I need to catch a cab, so can you move?”

She groaned when whoever sits in the car didn’t respect to her. “yaahh!! I need to catch a cab, so gocho!”

OMG HyeRan, since when you become like this?

Yup, definitely JaeJoong sshi faults for scolding me! Making my patient go away…

 

 

The guy inside the car chuckled quite loudly since he knew there’s no way this petite young girl can heard him.

“You are one interesting neighbor.”

He then drives away. HyeRan looks at the car goes away and said thanks to the God who still loves her.

 

 

Many taxi already passed her but none is willing stops in front of her. “Aish! Why is so hard to catch a taxi??!!”

She stomped her feet at the sidewalks.

“Eloise umma!”

She twirled and saw Ri In walks towards her while carrying little YeRin. “I know you will be like this.” Ri In chuckled, “Unnie! It’s not funny arasso!”

“Watch and learn little HyeRannie…”

She puts her index finger and her thumb inside , her breath out and suddenly a whistle sound can be heard. Quite loud HyeRan thought.

Just like that, a cab perfectly stops in fronts of them 3. YeRin seems to understand the situation because she claps her hands cutely.

“Did you just get me a cab with your whistle sound?” HyeRan widened her eyes.

Ri In smiled proudly, “you better go now before someone snatches it away!!” Ri In pushed her when she saw a man with working suit is rushing to the cab.

“Alright, I owe you!”

She quickly enters the cab, closed the door right in front of the man face.

“Where to miss?”

“New York General Hospital please.” She smiled towards the driver.

 

 

“Jasmine, has the new doctor arrive yet?” JaeJoong doing the final checked to the file in his hand which contains all the info that the new doctor need to know.

“hmm.. Not yet.” Jasmine shook her head.

He takes a look at the clock on the wall; I may wait for her in 10 minutes more, as to apologize to her about yesterday.

Just when he placed his both arms on the counter, he feels his pocket vibrates.

 

 

>You received a text message<

New doctor arrive already?

            From: Duck

 

Few seconds later JunSu received a message.

 

 

>You received a text message<

Not yet. I told her to meet me after lunch hour.

            From: Vampire Hyung

 

 

JunSu smiled. He stands up, walking towards the elevator.

“Lily, I will be at the lobby, in case emergency, please call me okay.”

A nurse called Lily nodded her head.

“This is so exciting!” he mumbles to himself.

Few minutes later, he arrived at the lobby. He went to the vending machine to grabs 2 hot cup of coffee before he went to main door which is the only entrance for taxi to drop their passengers.

Nearly 2 pm, he stands exactly at the place where HyeRan met James before. By standing there, he will have the full view of the main entrance.

 

“Miss! You need to pay for your fee!!”

“I will. Let me get my friend first!”

“call her now!!”

“I don’t have my phone!”

“You think I’m so stupid to believe that?”

“I-”

He heard some noises when he arrived there. He walks out from the hospital and immediately saw her.

“Eloise!”

She turns around, “JunSu sshi!!!” she calls him while pointing to the taxi driver.

“What’s wrong here?” JunSu looks at them both. “How can I help?”

“Is this your friend sir?”

JunSu nodded. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“She needs to pay for the fees but then she said she forgot her wallet. I told her to call her friends, but,” he laughed then looks at HyeRan while threating her with his punch, HyeRan quickly hides behind JunSu, “she thinks I’m so stupid to believe that she doesn’t have a phone.”

“It’s true. She didn’t have one.” JunSu calmly said. “Eloise, please hold this for me.” He gave her both cup of still-warm coffee. HyeRan accepts it.

“Here, is this enough for you?”

He hands the taxi driver 50 bucks.

“Of course.” He nodded his head. “I’ll get it. I go now.” He hops on his taxi and drives off.

Before, JunSu was showed his cold expression but once he turns to HyeRan, he shows her the cute side of him.

“Thank you so much!!!!” HyeRan bows to JunSu.

“Err.. Welcome. But you don’t need to bow to me. People will think differently here.” He pats her head, HyeRan stands properly.

“Here’s your coffee.”

JunSu only take one of it instead of two. “I treat you.”

“Oh no. please don’t. I still haven’t paid the taxi fee debt. Please take it back.” She politely hands the cup of coffee back.

JunSu takes a sip of his coffee and puts his both hand on his both side of waist. “Elois Park, are you trying to humiliate me?” she shook her head, “take the coffee.”

She nodded her head, “Thank you.”

JunSu smiled, “that’s more I like it. Now come, I guide you to see the other Dr. Kim.”

They both smiled cutely before walking into the hospital. JunSu sure feels so excited with his trip to see this ‘another Dr. Kim’.

 

 

He smile and said, “Nothing.” He then saw YunHo is wearing sports attire not his wedding tux.

“Hey, where are you going?”

YunHo grabs his key, “You take this to the hotel first. I still have unfinished business.”

“What?!” ChangMin quickly blocked YunHo from getting out. “Tell me, where do you want to go?”

YunHo spins the key around his finger, “I promise you I will be at the hotel. Now would you let me go through?”

He didn’t want to, but one thing about YunHo is when he promised something, he definitely will fulfill it. He reluctantly steps aside. “Don’t be late. ShinHye will be embarrassed on the altar.”

YunHo pats his shoulder before quickly go to his car.

“Park HyeRan, you better be there!” He starts the engine and speed to the airport.

Last night, he thought a lot, seriously a lot. About how he met her, how he falls to her, how they separated, how his mom hates her a lot, how they both spend their holiday together and everything about her. Unfortunately, he still didn’t see any way out to let him get married to her.

This girl Park HyeRan really make him go crazy, from their first met until this moment. He sighed.

 

YUNHO POV

I feel so ashamed of myself when I thought all the things that happened to her. If not because I’m afraid of my mother, I will definitely get married to her, not facing this stupid break up.

“What have you done to me, Park HyeRan….”

I grab my phone, tried to call her. As the dialing tone goes on, I feel my heart beats rapidly.

“Y-”

“The number you have dialed is unreachable, please try again later. The-”

BEEP!

I threw my phone to god knows where. One thing I didn’t like about her is this attitude. This once-I-decided-I-will-not-back-up attitude. I hate this! I hate how things between us now.

There’s no way I can go to ChangMin house now. I don’t want him to think anything since I know he is quite stressful about the wedding tomorrow.

Once again, I sighed.

“You are so stupid in love Jung YunHo!”

Just when I finish my sentence, my phone rings. I sit up on the bed and tried to search for my phone.

“! Where did I throw it just now?!”

 

END OF YUNHO POV

 

 

He searched for his phone while the ringtones keep playing.

He threw away the pillow and the duvet.

“Where is it?!!”

He practically screamed.

Suddenly the ringtone dead, that’s when he found his phone, hidden behind the dustbin where only a little part of it was shown.

“Stupid.”

He definitely dedicated it to his phone. Poor iPhone.  He picks it up, I hope it’s her.

He turned the phone and widened his eyes in shock. “It is her!”

Without wasting any second, he calls her back.

Glancing at the clock on his wall, “it’s 3 in the morning, why she didn’t sleep yet?”

“Yoboseyo.”

He gulped when he heard her voice. “Err.. You called me just now.” He ruffles the back of his hair.

HyeRan silenced, if just now she got so many things to talk to him, now none came out in her thought.

“Hmm… Technically, you called me first.”

YunHo sits on the one seat couch in his room while staring at the view outside of his house. “oh yeah." he mentally smacked himself.  "Emm.. Is something bothering you?”

HyeRan nodded her head and weirdly YunHo can sense it.

“Me too.” He said it slowly.

They both stay in silence for almost 10 minutes.

“Op..Oppa…”

YunHo widened his eyes. “What did you called me just now?”

HyeRan clears . “I suddenly remember you really want me to call you oppa.”

 

FLASHBACK

HyeRan is not in rushing mode today as she doesn’t need to go back with ShinHye since she has her Taekwon-Do class later. She opens her locker and immediately saw a white envelope stuck between piles of books.

She doesn’t read it right away; afraid people will see the letter.

After 2 hours of Taekwon-Do class, she walked back to her house. She really has to hold herself from reading the letter at the sidewalks. For her, YunHo letters not only can make her happy, it also can give her some encouragement to be a better Park HyeRan. He sometimes wrote down the important thing that she needs to know about the subject her currently studying. Somehow, with his letters, she can surpass ShinHye total marks in final exam. Something that she is surely can’t achieve without YunHo helps.

After freshen herself, she quickly lied on the bed and took out the letter. She holds it up in the air and happily read it.

 

Dear block head,

            You skipped your Taekwon-Do class last week huh? You think I didn’t know that? Where did you go anyway? Why you didn’t tell me? Your parent did not pay our instructor so you can skip class. Promise me you will not skip Taekwon-Do class anymore. By the way, are you joining the tournament at GangwonDo?

                                                                                                            Handsome JYH

 

She rolled her eyes. She quickly took out a pen from her bag pack and starts to reply the letter.

 

 YunHo is walking to his locker when he accidentally saw HyeRan turns around the corner. He smirked, knowing she decided to sneakily sneak in to senior area to send her letter. ChangMin who is standing beside him saw her too and totally will use it against her later.

YunHo opens up his locker and saw the brownish colored old envelope.

“Here comes the love letter.” ChangMin teased.

YunHo closed his locker, “it’s not a love letter.”

“Oh yeah? Then why did you blushing?”

“SHUT UP!”

ChangMin chuckled while clapping his hands.

 

YunHo spends most of his time in the library since it’s nearly his final exam. He took out the letter when ChangMin excused himself to the toilet.

 

Dear Long Chin Jung,

            You only knew I skipped the class because Shim Senior told you. I totally knew that you also didn’t come that day because you forgot to hand the chemistry assignment. Am I right? That day, ShinHye unnie need my help on her homework so as the most best-est friend, I helped her. I know I’m such an angel, no need to acknowledge it. :P

            Okay, okay. I promise you I will never skip class again. As long as you didn’t skip it too of course. You got to be fair, arasso. I still don’t know about it yet. The instructor didn’t say anything to me. I might not be chosen.

                                                                                                            Angel

 

He covers his mouth to prevent his laugh sound blurted out. This kid,….

 

 

Dear devil,

            My chin is not long first of all. Wait, why you call ShinHye unnie since she is the same age as you? but you didn’t call me and ChangMin oppa.

Call me oppa! O-p-p-a!!!

p/s: I will go to the tournament if you participate in it.

Pp/s: I saw you when you send the letter. Your hair is longer now. That cute ponytail.

                                                                                                                        Great JYH

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

“Owh...” his respond is so lame but HyeRan didn’t know YunHo is practically jumps up and down now.

“Besides, I need to get used to it since you are marrying my sister tomorrow.”

YunHo face fell flat. “She doesn’t even your sister.”

HyeRan stares into the paper in front of her that shows she is officially adopted daughter of the Park family. She earned it from the family lawyer. That’s why she went missing early in the morning, before she met with Jung YunHo and had a breakfast together.

Nobody knows that she has the official letter. She needs this to break all the ties with the Park Family. For her, she already repays them by letting YunHo married to ShinHye.

“HyeRan ah..”

She heard YunHo voice that sounds like pleading?

“I am their daughter.”

He palms his face using his free hand, “what’s the meaning of that?”

“Nothing.”

I’m sorry I can’t tell you. This is the only plan I have to break free from all these dramas.

He sighed, she heard it.

She sighed, he also heard it.

“What actually happen to us? Why suddenly it turn to this?”

HyeRan puts her chin on her knee. “To be honest, I already lost faith towards us.”

YunHo stands up, “no! Don’t do that! If you lose faith then what about me?”he rubs his temple, “I can only stand with all this if I have the faith that you still believe in us. ”

She shook her head, “it’s hard oppa. It’s so hard. I feel so suffocated with all these. That’s why I will go.” He widened his eyes. “Tomorrow.”

“Park HyeRan! What about me? Don’t you think about me at all?” YunHo almost yelled.

“You have ChangMin senior. I believe he will take a really good care of you. Not to mention you have ShinHye unnie too.”

After heard her said that, suddenly it strikes him. “Who will take care of you?”

And she got no answer for that question.

I don’t have anyone else.

It seems she just realizes it too.

YunHo shook his head slowly, “don’t do this to yourself HyeRan-ah. You need me. And I obviously need you too. Let’s get through this together huh?”

She shook her head too. “it’s late already. If we meet again in the future, let’s see how it goes from there. Take care of yourself oppa,”

 

“HyeRan ah…”

 

“Don’t forget to eat on time,”

 

“Don’t do this HyeRan ah..”

 

“Treat ShinHye unnie and ChangMin senior nicely..”

 

“Park HyeRan…”

 

“Lastly, don’t blame your parent and forget about me.”

 

“YAHH!! PARK HYERAN!!!!!”

 

*engaged tone*

 

She drops her phone on the floor and cries herself out, at the middle of Incheon Airport ignoring people stares.

She changed her plan. She didn’t have the courage to face those 3. That’s why she sneakily went out from the house when ChangMin is sleeping inside his room.

 

“ARGH!!!!” "ARGH!!" "ARGH!!"

 

YunHo threw everything that in his view away, the bedside lamp, the pile of shirts that his maid ironed this morning, the cordless phone, the books on the desk and few things more.

After tired busting out his anger, YunHo sits on the bed and look around his room. He then chuckled sadly, “you have been dumped Jung YunHo…”

He walks down to the kitchen and grab a dozen of beer can that already packed perfectly like in the mall. He takes it to his room and drowns himself with the sea of beer.

That’s why ChangMin was so shocked when he saw the condition of the room that morning.

 

 

 

Author’s note: I feel so useless with this chapter! Mianhae!! *bows sadly*

 

 


 

 

 

@nizzyool: let’s see how it goes alright. After all, I was known by you for author that always take the other direction right? *giggled*

@cassietriplekiss: LOL! Don’t you want YunHo HyeRan moment? you want JaeJoong now? HaHa! About ChangMin, SHinHye and YunHo, I will slowly unfold it okay!! We still got a long long way to go. This sequel definitely will have more chapter than “I Belong To You” :D

@minemine: hey there!!! Thanks for commented!! Aww thank you for keep reading my story. *appreciate* still confused by the last chapter now?