36

You Belong To Me

Yunho car’s engine went dead when he arrived at his parent house. But he didn’t get out yet, instead he leaned on the seat. “I still have few months before I can see her again.” Then his lips curved upside. The scene where Hyeran shows him the ring, and when she called herself Jung Hyeran makes his heart fluttered. He ruffles his hair before step out from the car.

BEEP BEEP

He locked his car and turns around. “Umma!” shocked, he put his hand on his chest. “I didn’t see you.” Mrs. Jung smiles. “How can you see me? You were smiling by yourself just now. any good things you want to share with me?”

Remember about the envelopes inside the car, he asked his mom to call his dad and gather at the living room. Mrs. Jung nodded her head and walks away. Yunho unlock his car back and open up the dashboard. “Since she was in high school, she really likes to write a letter.” He flapped the envelope on his palms before lock his car again and enter his parent house.

“Here.” He hands his parent the letter that has their name on it. “What’s this?” Mr. Jung asks while putting his specs on. “Even I got one.” Mrs. Jung too follow her husband action.

Together, the Jung couple read the letter. Mr. Jung read it silently while Mrs. Jung already letting out sobbing sound. Finished, she folds back the letter and put it inside the envelope. “Where’s she?” Mr. Jung just finished his. “She just went back to New York. This morning. I was at the airport earlier.”

She nodded while wiping her tears. Mr. Jung sighed; he puts his hand behind his wife and pats her. “Now, I’m glad the entire problem is solved.”   His wife nodded her head again.

“Actually I want to tell you something.” Two pairs of eyes quickly focused on him. he gulped his own saliva, standing up he then kneeled in front of his parent. Yunho then puts his both hand on each of their knees, one on his father and one on his mother.

“Umma, ” he looks at his mother, the one who has raised him until he became what he is today, “appa,” he switched his gaze towards his father now. “What is it?” Mrs. Jung caress Yunho cheek.

“Hyeran already accept my proposal.”

“Omo! Yunho ah!” Mrs. Jung happily turns to her husband, “But when? Why you didn’t tell us first? How did you propose her? Romantic dinner? The water fountain at HanGang?”

Yunho brushes his hair awkwardly. “Actually, none of that.” his mother widened her both eyes. “Bwoh? Then how?” “She actually found the ring first and technically she is the one who proposed to me just now.”

“Just now?!” now his father has spoken.

Yunho innocently nodded. “She is the one who suddenly declared she is Jung Hyeran while showing me that ring.”

“Hahahahahah…” His mother laughed. “My future daughter in law is sure a funny girl isn’t she, yeobo?” she holds the old man hand. Mr. Jung just shook his head when he turns to Yunho. “I pity her actually. Must you be that dumb?”

“Appa!!” he whined.

 

 

Inside the plane, Hyeran ask Junsu to let her sit with Ri In as she needs to discuss with her regarding Yunho request. Since she is the one who invited her 5 years ago, she thinks it might be appropriate enough to ask her opinion first.

Nervously, she played with her ring around her neck before she plopped beside Ri In. She then saw JaeJoong and Junsu are disturbing Yerin who wants to play with her Sony PSP but Junsu keep messing up with her buttons.

“Why are you looking so nervous?”

“Huh?” startled, she turns to her and let go her grip on her ring. “Why you look so surprised? Having second thought?” she teased. Hyeran shook her head. “I want to ask you something.”

“What?” she grabs the magazine in front of her.

She takes a deep breath and released. “What if I told you I want to move out?”

“What?!” Ri In accidentally raised up her voice, attracting all the people attention. Junsu and JaeJoong turns to her. “Are you okay baby?” Junsu slightly raised up his voice since their seat quite far from each other.

“Yeah yeah I’m fine.” She assured him. “What?” she hissed, the sunlight that shone through the plane small window making some of Ri In hair turns to brown color. She thinks Ri In looks pretty with that color on hers; she made a mental note for her to tell Ri In later.

“With Jihye is getting married with Jae, don’t you think I should move out?”

Ri In crossed her arms. “Well it’s not a problem at all. Our house fits more than 10 people. You know that.” she looks at her, “This is about Yunho doesn’t it? You want me to talk to him? or do anything maybe?” Ri In puts back the magazine.

She shook her head. “No, I do know our house can fit many people. But think from his side Ri In. if he come to visit me, does that means he need to stay over at the hotel?” she know this reason has a point as Ri In is showing a face where she is carefully thinking.

“But Eloise, the house without you will not be the same anymore.” She whined. “Does oppa know about this?” Hyeran shook her head. “I know it. Imagine what he will say if he knows about it.”

“That’s why I want to ask you don’t tell him yet. Once I found a proper place then we will tell him.” Ri In sighed. “Why must you go? You are a part of our family too.” Hyeran softly smiles, “Jihye is the real one. You must be happy that your best friend will married you brother in-law. You both can live together again.” “I do happy but that means I will lose you. so I’m torn.” Hyeran giggles. “Don’t worry, I will torture you until you say, Eloise! You can go out now!” the both ladies laughed together.

 

 

In the big house that she live alone, she looks around, that empty feeling has been haunting her for many days already. suddenly she imagined, she will be laughing happily if she see Yerin running here and there when she knows how to walk and JaeJoong and her will be chasing her. During evening, she will bake some cake with JaeJoong since he is quite skillful when it comes to cooking. Jessica can see her views starts to blur, the tears starts to fills her eyes and eventually few drops of tears slid down on her cheek.

She agrees, JaeJoong has given her everything. Money, house, clothes, love and also a daughter. But the greedy her didn’t feels satisfied with only that, she needs more. As a person who grew up in poverty, she don’t want to feel the same anymore and James who claimed he falls in love at first sight on her has agree to provide everything that she needs and wants. That’s why she more than willingly left JaeJoong and her daughter, although JaeJoong is the one who she really loved.

“That’s it! I’m going to ask his forgiveness and he will accept me back.” She said determinedly. “But what if he already has someone else?” her self-conscious suddenly appeared.

“No worries, if I don’t get him, nobody will!”

 

 

“I already arrived. Already talked to Ri In about moving out. Fortunately she said okay.”

 

Yunho reads the text message smilingly; he then runs his two thumb on the screen before lock the phone.

“Hyeran isn’t it?”

He nodded. “She just arrived.” Changmin and Shinhye nodded too. “I can’t believe you agree to her request. She is my best friend but sometime she is too blind!” She drink a gulp of the beer.

Three of them are actually in a bar, decide to go out for a drink as everybody is boring when staying at home. Yunho smiles when he heard what she said.

“I don’t want to force her to do something that she doesn’t want to Shinhye. Right now, what I’m hoping is that she will spend her whole life with me, happily. I don’t want her to remember anything that is unhappy to her. She has suffered enough.”

Shinhye looked down, “this is my entire fault isn’t it?”

“What? No. Shinhye, I have never blamed anything on you.” he bumped his shoulder on her. “Changmin, please make her stop.” He drinks his beer.

Shinhye turns to him. “If I realized my feeling towards Changmin oppa earlier then Hyeran didn’t need to go to New York.”

“No. she will and still going to there. I can see she is happy to be working there. That’s why I agreed to this long distance relationship. Because I think she kind of knows it that after we get married, she will be staying in Seoul.”

Changmin looks around them, at the youngsters who are shamelessly shaking their body against each other on the dance floor and wearing provocative clothes.

“Have you discussed with her the marriage life?”

He shook his head; Yunho plays with the beer before looking up to him. “I think she already figured it out since I already bought a house here.”

“True, with Hyeran, we doesn’t need to explain so many thing, she kinda just get it fast.”

“Agree with that.” Shinhye drinks her glass in one shot.

 

 

“Ok, I’m happy to hear that. Rest well wifey, we are having our drinking session at here.”

 

She giggles when she read the reply from her future husband. Leaving her phone on the bed, she walks into the bathroom, to freshen up her body. At Seoul is still early, so she can take her time to bath.

 

After almost 10 minutes, Hyeran came out from the bathroom fresh and clean.  Before she dried up her hair, she replies Yunho text first and after done with it, she walks to the hair dryer.

 

“Drink while you still can hubby. If I am there, you will not having a drop of it.”

 

Shinhye and Changmin read together the message just appear in his inbox. Then they all burst into laughter, gaining few attentions around there as the table is so quiet just now.

“She is strict when it comes to alcohol.” Shinhye stated when they finish laughing. “I still remember when Yoochun oppa and me-” she suddenly stops. Changmin looks at his wife alarmingly. “What?” Yunho too focused on her. “I spoke with Yoochun oppa. He said he will wait until Yeonhee is ready to face all of us. Since Yeonhee is also pregnant.”

“Oh yeah, that reminds me, you are also pregnant right?” Yunho asked. The married couple nods their head together.

“Then you can still consume alcohol?” he points to the beer.

“Oh !” Shinhye cursed while Changmin quickly puts his both hand on her stomach, pretending that he is covering his child ears. “Yah! Don’t curse!”

Yunho laughed when he saw how panicked both of them then he sighed, will Hyeran and him have this kind of scene in the future?

 

 

JaeJoong now is in his room, surfing the internet about wedding on his iMac, looking up for available church. He also look up for the best wedding planner that available since he wants his wedding to be perfect as ever. Although this is his second time gets married but with Jessica in the past, they didn’t do anything special. They just exchange ring in front of Junsu and Ri In.

That’s why he wants this to be perfect!

 

Hyeran didn’t wait for his replies after she finished drying her hair. She opens up her iMac to see the email and other report that she need to catch up since she had been absent from work for quite some time. When she is typing her report as requested from her workmates, her phone rings. Without checking up who’s the caller, she swiftly touches the sreen.

“Hello.”

“Not sleeping yet?”

Yunho.. immediately, she closed the lid of her iMac and put all the things away, she then bounced to her bed. “Am going to.”

“Liar.” He then heard she is giggling. “Don’t stress over work.” He reminds her.

“Yeah right, says who owns a company.” Now its Yunho turns to chuckled.

Hyeran switched off the bedside lamp and snuggle comfortably under the duvet. “Still at the bar?”

“nope. We decide to go back early since Shinhye just remembered she is pregnant.” He laughed again when he remembered the earlier scene. “Oh yeah. how can she forget about that. if it was me-” suddenly she blushed.

Yunho smiles, liking the idea that Hyeran did thought about having a baby. “if you what?”

“nothing.”

“awww.. no fun.”

“nice try Jung Yunho.”

“Pfft, fine. Oh yeah, I already gave them the letter and to Shinhye too since just now they said they are going to visit her parent. ”

“Thanks.”

“And I told umma about us, getting married.”

She yawned. “Really? What did she said then?”

“They both are more than happy to have you as their daughter in-law. And they said thanks for accepting them back. Can I ask why?”

Closing her eyes as she feels tired, “It’s easy. Because of you. I realized if I want you to be mine then I need to accept your family too. Besides they will become my parent too after we get married. So yeah, that’s it.” Once again she yawned.

Yunho heard her answers and silently thanking God for giving him such an understanding woman. He then heard the other side yawned too. “Okay, you better go to sleep now.”

“No, stay with me. Until I falls asleep at least. It feels weird if I didn’t listen to your voice before I sleep.”

“And my telephone bill is going to increase like crazy.” He joked. Hyeran laughed a bit when she heard that. “Well, is not like you can’t afford to pay it.”

“Then by the time we get married all we can buy is a whole cake. Since every money already finish, paying the telephone bill.”

“It’s okay. I only want a simple wedding.”

Yunho now at his house swimming pool. He takes a sit by the pool side and dip his both legs into the water. “Appa complained about on how I proposed to you.”

Hyeran laughed with her eyes closed. “Who told you not to hide the ring properly.”

“Thanks Yunho oppa.” She suddenly said.

“For what?”

“For not giving up on me.”

Yunho warmly smiled. “Then that’s mean you have to stay with me until forever, as your punishment.”

“Don’t worry, that’s what I intend to do too.”

He then hears her breathing sound. Instead of hang up, he still put the phone to his ear, listening Hyeran calm breathing sound.

“Good night wifey. I love you.” he said through the phone.

“I love you too.” Yunho laughed when he heard that whispers voice.

 

 

The next day, JaeJoong has woke up early and went to the nearby park to jog since he also applied for off duty today. He smiles when some people greet him. he glances at his wrist watch, “Eloise probably went to work already.”

He has put up a note on the fridge, telling her to go to work using his car as he needs to fetch Jihye at the airport later. Tiredly, he plopped down on the grass and enjoys the scenery in front of him.

The sound of someone is coming was heard by him but he didn’t turn towards the sound. The image of Jihye and him spending their time at the park after their dinner is playing in his mind, making him smirking alone.

“Hello JaeJoong.”

Still hold that smirk on his face, he turns towards the voice. Once he saw who the person is, his eyes widened, and he quickly stands up and walks away.

“Joongie wait!”

“Don’t Joongie me!” he glares towards the person before turns in front and head to his house.