3

You Belong To Me

 

“Ri In!”

Avoiding JaeJoong question, she quickly runs to Ri In. “Are you okay?”

JaeJoong looks at her with a look that words can’t describe. As if he is trying to read her, somehow. He then walks to Ri In too.

“Are you okay?” He looked at Ri In.

HyeRan swallows her own saliva when she heard his voice again. That sweet soft voice, she thought.

Ri In slips her hair behind her both ears and smiled, “I’m okay. Perfectly fine. The glass accidentally fell. I’m sorry.”

JunSu examined her legs. “Looks like you are fine.”

“Of course I am.” She looks at HyeRan, “I’m sorry if I shocked you.” HyeRan waves her hand slightly. “I’ll help you with that.”

She bends down, slowly picking up the broken glass.

 

Why I suddenly have a bad feeling?

 

Ri In eyed HyeRan who is infront of her, picking up the broken glass. Unnoticed by her, JaeJoong is giving the young doctor extra care too.

“Oppa, can you help me make the drinks?” she asked without looking up. JunSu replied with a simple ok. HyeRan quickly picks up the broken glass and threw it in the bin. Just when she wants to grab the broomstick, JaeJoong grabs it from her, “let me do this. You go there sit.”

He said it coldly; making HyeRan immediately having the thoughts that this guy didn’t like her.

Ri In drags HyeRan to the couch. Ri In sits beside her, “what do you think about the house?”

HyeRan takes a proper look as she never had the chance before. “I think it’s great.” She smiled, “it’s kinda my dream house I must say. You know, New York Style.”

Ri In cutely clapped her hand, “good! I really hope you like staying here. It’s good to have a friend in the house.”

JaeJoong who obviously heard her from the kitchen yelled, “Yah! Am I not your friend?”

“You are my brother in law oppa, not my friend.” Ri In yelled fiercely.

Earning a chuckled from JunSu and HyeRan.

She turns to look at HyeRan, “you didn’t tell me what brings you here though.”

That question makes HyeRan silenced for a while; her brain is composing a suitable answer to make Ri In satisfy with her answer. At that time, she notices JaeJoong is making his way to his room while JunSu plopped down beside Ri In, putting his head on Ri In shoulder after placing 2 white mugs that contains hot chocolate on the coffee table.

 

He definitely hates me.

 

She manages to slipped her thoughts about JaeJoong then continue thinking about suitable answer.

“Just want to try the working environment here.” At last, after 4 minutes of silencing herself, she manages to give out the answer, and she totally hopes that this SuYin couple in front of her buys that and didn't ask anymore question.

 

 

“really? Why New York then?”

She winced when JunSu shot her another question. “Emm… if I say because New York is the place I dream to go did you believe that?”

JunSu laughed a bit, “sure. Look I’m gonna leave you both alright.” JunSu stands up; knowing his presence making HyeRan feels uncomfortable. He bends down to kiss Ri In on her cheek and turns to her, “don’t borrow my Ri In too long.”

“Alright JunSu sshi…” she chuckled.

JunSu walks to his bedroom.

She takes a sip of hot chocolate, “How long have you both married?”

Ri In put up 4 fingers, “4 blissful years.” She pulled her grey knitted cardigan tighter. “how about you? Do you have boyfriend?”

She shook her head. “We broke up before I come here.” Shocked was seen on Ri In face after few minutes, her face starts to ease. “why?” 

She crossed her legs on the couch and stared in front, at the fireplace to be exact.

“He got married with someone else.”

“Oh my.” Ri In replied. HyeRan then smiled, “it’s okay though. I kinda see that coming.”

Ri In saw that longing look on HyeRan face. She definitely knows what the meaning of the look. She once has the look when JunSu and her had some problems with their relationships. A very big problem to be exact.

“May I ask when he got married?” Ri In takes a sip of her drinks.

 

 

HyeRan glanced at her, “this morning.”

Ri In gasped, she stands up and sits beside HyeRan. She puts her arms over HyeRan shoulder who sits on her left side. The slow rhythm of pats on her shoulder makes HyeRan suddenly feels on the verge of crying. Its feels so long she didn’t have this motherly comfort. And Ri In doing it right now making she remembers her mother even more. Ri In stops patting when she heard a sniffle.

“Are you okay?”

She didn’t need an answer as suddenly HyeRan slightly slammed her face on her chest, crying. Ri In brings up her another hand, wrapping it around HyeRan, hugging her while patting on her back.

“What I saw in your eyes on the first time is sadness and with you reaction now, I think you already hold up a lot. Let it go tonight HyeRan.”

That night, only soft sobs sound can be heard on the huge living room.

 

 

Without them both know, JaeJoong is actually standing at the hallway, eavesdropping all the things that they both said just now. His intention is going to the kitchen, to refill his jug of water but stops when he heard RI In asked HyeRan about her boyfriend. His face is now showing unreadable expression.

 

 

Morning comes like usual and this is the first time HyeRan wakes up hearing child laughter. She unknowingly is smiling upon hearing the laughter. She takes a look at her reflection on the mirror and silently cursed herself when she has puffy eyes now.

She walked down the stairs and saw JaeJoong is kissing YeRin cheek while Ri In is preparing breakfast for them. The smell of Ri In’s fresh made pancake arouses her appetite. When she arrives, she bows to everyone, “Good Morning everyone.”

Ri In greets HyeRan with her loving smile which HyeRan swore if she’s a guy she will definitely fell for that smile. “Good morning! Come, sits beside JaeJoongie oppa, I made pancakes!”

She turns her gaze to JaeJoong, don’t want to be label a rude housemates, she greets him, “Good morning JaeJoong sshi.”

“Good morning.” He replied without leaving his eyes on YeRin.

 

Yup, definitely hates me.

 

“Good morning everyone.” She turns around when she heard a voice behind her. JunSu smiles towards her first before his eyes locked on Ri In. if she falls for Ri In smiles before, now, she falls for JunSu smiles too. This SuYin couple really has a beautiful smile on each other.

“Why are you standing there? Sit here.” JunSu pats the seat beside him while spreading the newspaper using his both hand. She silently thanked JunSu because he had taken the seat beside JaeJoong and she can take a seat beside JunSu.

She climbed the high chair since they are having breakfast on the kitchen counter. Ri In placed a brownish pancake on her plate, “eat up. We rarely eat Korean breakfast here. I’m sorry.”

She quickly waves her right hand. “No no. I should be thankful you made me breakfast. Don’t worry, I’ll eat whatever in front of me, except rocks and woods.”

Her answer earns her a laughed from the SuYin couple and… a y smirked from JaeJoong who hides his face to the other side while bend down because he is feeding the little YeRin.

“Owh, you are so cute HyeRan ah.”

Ri In pinched her cheek and she grins like crazy.

 

I really have a girl crush on Ri In.

 

After half an hour, JunSu stands up from the high chair; he puts down the newspaper on the counter. “Thanks for the breakfast darling.” He kisses Ri In cheek. He turns to HyeRan. “When will you start working?”

HyeRan puts down the glass of milk before answers him, “I don’t know. I haven’t met with ‘another’ Dr. Kim.” She played with her fingers, doing the invisible inverted commas.

JunSu smirked, definitely knows who is this ‘another Dr. Kim’ is she talking about. Ri In was about to tell her when JunSu cuts her, “can you please take my briefcase?”

Ri In nodded her head before goes to their room.

“Hyung, what time is your schedule today?”

JaeJoong frowned, “after lunch. I still haven’t met with Uncle Lee favorite student. I will email her right after this.”

 

Oh yeah, I should check my email today. Maybe the doctor send one already. Thanks JaeJoong sshi.

 

Once again, JunSu smirked and failed to notice by the two doctors there.

“This is going to be interesting.” He said above whispers.

Ri In returned while holding JunSu briefcase, “here.”

JunSu takes it and gives a peck on Ri In pink lips. “I see you later ok. Have a good day.”

His wife crossed her arms and lovingly looked at JunSu opening the door, until the door closed.

 

 

“Appa, enough.”

YeRin voices make HyeRan and Ri In turns their attention to the little one.

JaeJoong smiled, he picks up YeRin and walks to the sink, tear a piece of tissue before wiped it on YeRin lip.

“I think I can leave YeRin to you right? Since today is Saturday?” He asked to Ri In.

She nodded her head, “as usual oppa.” JaeJoong gives her a weak smile. He puts down YeRin on the floor, “Oppa, what’s wrong?” she definitely something is bothering JaeJoong.

JaeJoong shook his head while looking at his daughter making her baby steps on the soft carpet.

“Oppa. You can tell me. You know you do.” Ri In continues, HyeRan who still sitting there takes a look at JaeJoong and Ri In. suddenly she caught JaeJoong takes a look at her before looking at Ri In.

“Something bothers me. That’s all.”

She puts down her both hand on the kitchen counter. What have I done to make he really hates me?

“ok..” she gives him a look that only Kim JaeJoong understands. “Cham!”

HyeRan jumped a bit when Ri In suddenly snapped her fingers. Ri In turns to her, “I forgot to ask you HyeRan ah.”

HyeRan stands up, taking her plate and her glass together.

“How old are you?”

She washes the dishes while counting in her head, “If in Korea, I’m 26 last year. But if here, then I’m still 26!” she smiled.

Ri In almost threw the piece of cloth in her hand that she used to wipe the kitchen counter just now to HyeRan. “What?! So young!”

HyeRan chuckled, “I look so old, I know.”

Ri In shook her head, “so young but you already become a doctor.”

JaeJoong is having a moment to shock too just now. Still young but so many sadness in her eyes.

Last night, after hearing no more stories from HyeRan he steps inside his room, placing his right arms on his forehead.

He just met her today, yet she gave him so many questions in his head. It’s not like she purposely to but JaeJoong couldn’t help to have that curious thought on her. He keeps thinking until he not realized it’s already morning. That’s why Ri In shocked to see he woke up pretty early this morning. Because usually this pretty appa really hard to get up in the morning. Of course he woke up early, he didn’t have a winked sleep at all.

“How about you Ri In..?”

Ri In smiled sheepishly, “exactly 29 this year. ”

HyeRan widened her eyes, “what? But you look so young! You look like you are still in 22.”

“Owh sweet talker!” she waves her hand but still smiling like crazy.

 

 

She now is relaxing on her bed while staring at the white ceiling. The quite spacious painted white room is so comfortable to her. It got one quite big wardrobe, one makeup table, one queen bed and a desk with a chair. She also got herself a small bedside table, suitable for placing few books and her phone later.

She snapped her fingers, making herself a mental note about buying herself a phone and a laptop too. She takes a look at her wrist watch; he should send the email already.

She walks down the stairs, intending to borrows Ri In laptop to check her email, unfortunately, Ri In can’t be seen anywhere. She also failed to notices someone is on the couch while typing something on his grey iMac.

“Ri In and YeRin go outside for a while. Need anything?”

JaeJoong typing fast on his keyboard while frowning, still not looking at HyeRan who completely shocked by him.

He stops when he didn’t get any replies, he looked up. “Need anything?”

“eemm.. ”

She wants to borrow JaeJoong laptop actually, since Ri In is not in the house and the email is quite important. But she just couldn’t find the courage to ask JaeJoong after she confirms his hatred towards her this morning.

He patiently waits for her answers. After a good 3 minutes waiting for her answer, JaeJoong stands up.

“Err.. If you don’t have anything, I should get back t-”

“Can I borrow you laptop?”

She suddenly yells from the stairs, like a teenage student asking her crush to go out with her.

“Sure. Jeez, no need to yell.” JaeJoong covered his ears before turns to his room.

Little did she know JaeJoong is actually biting his lower lips, to prevent him from letting out his breathless laugh.

“Thanks JaeJoong sshi.”

She quickly yells once again before JaeJoong enters his room.

HyeRan plopped herself on the couch and quickly type in her email with her password. She squealed when she saw she got herself 2 e-mails.

She clicked on the first mail.

 

 

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject: Posting.

Hello,

First of all, I should be sorry about not meeting you yesterday. It’s my fault. I’m sorry. But today we can meet after lunch hour. I will be showing you around the hospital and from there we will see how it goes.

I will be waiting for you at the counter where you left your e-mail address yesterday.

Hope we will get along.

 

 

 

 

She creased her eyebrow after reading his last line, “Get along? Why his words like we are going to blind date?”

“Have you experienced it?”

HyeRan jumped in shocked when JaeJoong suddenly approach her from behind, she quickly shuts the laptop screen.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shock you.”he casually drinks his water. Leaving HyeRan in the living room again.

She massaged her chest, “weird. First he hates me then he wants to know my business.”

She opens the laptop back and clicks on her second email, unsubjects email.

“Who send it to me?” she whispered before the mail loading.

 

 

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject:

HyeRan, where had you been? Please call me when you read this email. I miss you HyeRan. Please call me. At least tell me where you are now.. we are so worried ab-

 

 

She shuts her eyes, she don’t want to read the rest of the email contain anymore. She logs out and knocked on JaeJoong door.

He opens the door and reveals himself wearing dark blue hospital attire. He is looking so dashing right now but HyeRan didn’t looks at him at all.

“Thanks for borrowing.” She bows and walks away, leaving a dumbfounded doctor standing at the door while holding his laptop.

 

“What’s wrong with her?”

 

 

JaeJoong is ready to leave the house. He grabs his briefcase and walks to the door. “YeRin ah, I’m going now. Be a good girl with Auntie Ri In okay.”

YeRin walks to JaeJoong while Ri In is following behind her with a close distance. Making sure she can catch YeRin easily and quickly if the little kid suddenly falls.

“Appa..”

JaeJoong lift her up, “yes princess.”

YeRin kisses his cheek. “Have a nice day appa.” YeRin said it in korean.

JaeJoong widened his eyes, “who taught her Korean?”

Ri In shook her head. One thing about JaeJoong is, he actually hates it when he saw/heard his daughter speak Korean. He only allowed her to call him appa. That’s it. No more Korean words. In fact, they all speak English now. Repeat, the only word that he allowed is appa.  

HyeRan is rushing goes down the stairs and didn’t notice JaeJoong hard face.

“YeRin ah, don’t talk in Korean.”

HyeRan is wearing her usual sneakers, “why? She is Korean, what’s the problem?”

RI In quickly shakes her head left to right, signaling HyeRan don’t continue whatever she wants to say. Luckily HyeRan got that.

“I’m sorry. It’s me who taught her. I thought she should know some Korean words.”

JaeJoong turns back with a hard cold vampire looks, he looks straight into her pair of eyes, “I don’t need to know what your thoughts are! Don’t simply come into people lives and make it your way! If you want to continue to lives here, follow the rules! ”

“oppa!”

After finished saying that, JaeJoong quickly leaves the house after putting YeRin down. Ri In apologizes, “I’m sorry HyeRan ah.”

She is shocked, too shocked actually. Too shocked until she forgot to grabs her wallet and if not Ri In asks where is she going, she maybe don’t remember it at all.

“I really need to apologize to him.” She sighed while pressing the elevator button.

“Why do I have to stick into people business!!! Argh!!!” she screams while ruffling her hair.

 

 

“are you okay?”

 

 

A quite deep man voice asked her, making her shift the attention to the guy inside the elevator.

 

 

Oh God, I’m officially the most stupid yeoja in this world!

 

 

p/s: when the word bold, it means they are speaking korean alright! =)

 

 

A/n: hey everyone! Ailee here! *waves* i updated I belong To you yesterday and surprisingly got so many new subscribers! i'm so happy! and i'm double happy because finally someone commented my story!! *claps happily* yes nizzyool, i'm talking about you!!! thank you so much!!!! bye!! enjoy this chapter! *bows*