20

You Belong To Me

 

“You should ask her what had happened.”

“No, why should I?”

“Oppa!” she hissed, annoys by her husband behavior. YooChun pretends he didn’t heard that and continue flips the egg on the pan. They both are in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for all of them. YeonHee has nags her husband to be the one to ask HyeRan what happen. However YooChun didn’t want to, he feels that if HyeRan wants to tell him, she will tell him eventually.

 

“Good morning.”

They both turned and immediately smile upon seeing HyeRan. “Good morning.” YeonHee went forward and hugs her while YooChun takes his turn after taking off his apron. “Good morning sunshine. How are you feeling today?”

She nodded her head, “I’m okay. I’m sorry for not helping you with the breakfast.” YeonHee shook her head, “we have man power here, and don’t worry.” YooChun shows off his little muscle and HyeRan let out her first giggled.

 

“Where’s JaeJoong oppa?” JunSu asked when he saw only Ri In and him eating breakfast. “He doesn’t want to breakfast. He just went to work.”

“Don’t tell me he is going to YooChun house!” JunSu said almost yell. He then breathes out when he saw Ri In shook her head.

“He is going to Kris.”

 

 

“Welco- ”

“Where’s Kris?”

The lady point to the end of the room and JaeJoong saw a door there. “That is his office right?” she nodded her head. “Thanks. Give me mocha iced blended please. It’s on Kris bill.”

He makes his way to Kris office and knock. “Come in.” he turned the door knob and saw Kris is typing on the keyboard while his eyes didn’t even glance towards him.

“Eloise, what are you doing here so early?” he chuckled, “Miss me huh?”

“Yeah, I miss you.” Kris quickly tore away his gaze on the screen and turns to JaeJoong. “Hey. What’s wrong?” JaeJoong sits in front of Kris and crossed his arms. The model there scans his face, “You look terrible you know. Tell me what’s your prob or you can go out from my cafe.”

JaeJoong glares towards him. “Damn that Park YooChun took her away last night!” he then buried his face with his palms. “I’m sorry. I didn’t get you. Who’s that Park Y-”

Kris laughed.

“Stupid. That is her brother. He can do anything with her. But what do you mean he took her away? Did Eloise go back to Seoul?!”

At the mention of Seoul, JaeJoong head jolt up. She can’t be return back to there. What about her career here? What about YeRin? What about me?

While he is in his own thought, Kris are smashing on his iPhone, trying to call Eloise.

 

She didn’t notice that her phone is out of battery.

 

“!” Kris slammed his phone on the desk and stands up, making JaeJoong stop his deep thinking. JaeJoong look at Kris, “where are you going?”

He fixed his polo shirt collar, “Going to YooChun house. She can’t go back to Seoul.” Kris then left him alone there, in his office. JaeJoong look at his wrist watch, he still got 3 hours more before his shift starts.

Just when he wants to stand up, the door opens again.

“Yah!! Who told you to bought yourself a drink and put it under my account!”

 

 

Three of them are sitting in the living room while enjoying random TV Show. YeonHee as a typical Korean housewife is expertly peeling the fruit skin while YooChun is sipping his fruit juice. HyeRan looks at them with jealousy. How she wish she have that kind of peaceful feeling.

And their peaceful moment is interrupted with a person their ring bells.

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG!!!!

“Who is that?” YooChun frowned but still walk to the door. He opens the door and reveals two good looking guy standing side by side. One is really tall while the other is well um, quite short.

Oh YooChun knew who they are. “HyeRan, look who’s here.”

HyeRan shots him a questioned look and saw the two guys there. YeonHee stifled her laughter while YooChun shook his head. HyeRan walks to them.

“I leave you guys here. YeonHee ah, let’s go get some ice cream.”

YeonHee finally let out her laughter and runs to her bedroom to grab her purse and YooChun’s.

“I will buy Green Tea ice cream for you.” YooChun hugs her and kissed her forehead.

JaeJoong and Kris saw that and immediately feel jealous. Just when they open their mouth, they feel a pat on their shoulder. Both of them turn their head, surprised to see beautiful YeonHee is standing between both of them.

“Good luck guys!”

 

“What are you doing here?” she points to JaeJoong and Kris. Kris slightly kicks JaeJoong leg, asks him to answer first while JaeJoong mouthed him, ‘why me’. She eyes those two, “JaeJoong, you are the oldest here. Tell me.”

Kris makes a winning pose while JaeJoong glares him.

“Are you okay?” are the first sentence that come out from JaeJoong mouth. HyeRan frowned. “You come here just to ask me that?” JaeJoong nodded, “Yeah, since you are locking yourself in the room for the whole day yesterday remember?”

Kris looked at both of them, HyeRan and JaeJoong are staring each other. He didn’t know what had happened before, so he quietly sits there. “I’m fine, you should not be worry. Don’t you have to work today?”

JaeJoong suddenly feels irritates with HyeRan behavior. He stands up, “Tell me HyeRan, why shouldn’t I worried about you? I have seen you sad, happy and patiently wait by your side.” He walks to the door, “Kris, I’ll give you 10 minutes.” He opens the door, “JaeJoong wait!”

But JaeJoong didn’t stop he left YooChun house and walks to his car. HyeRan plopped back on the couch; Kris stands up and sits beside her. He then puts his hand on her shoulder. “You know what, JaeJoong were right. And not only him, but I’m also has the right to worry over you. We both had been by your side throughout these 3 years. We can also read you like the back of our hand.”

HyeRan turned to him, “I’m scared Kris.”

“Scared of what?”

“I’m scared that if I’m too close with you guys then I will suddenly lost you and everyone else.” Kris sighed, pity feeling rushed towards him. he knew what happened to HyeRan before. She must be afraid with her parent sudden death and the guy that she loves so much has to get married with other woman. Park HyeRan has gone through many hardships. It’s not her fault if she’s being careful here. He pulled HyeRan into his pair of arms and he hugs her, “What makes you think that everyone in New York will suddenly left you? everything happens for a reason, Eloise. You have to remember that. Everybody here loves you.”

HyeRan nodded her head.

“Now, let’s go down there and make that old Doctor smile.”

 

 

“JiHye ah!”

Wang JiHye turns around when she heard Ri In called her name. “Hey!” since they got the tender for JaeJoong project, Ri In always drop by the company. “Where’s YeRin?”

“Oh, JaeJoong oppa send her to Summer school.” She nodded, “so you will be in for the entire summer am I right?” “Yuppie!” “Oh yeah, when will JaeJoong coming here to discuss more about his project?”

Ri In eyes her suspiciously, “Why? You want to see him so badly?” at that moment, Ri In glad she , because not after 5 seconds, JiHye pinked!

“Yah! You like him?!”

“Shhh!!!!”

 

JiHye has to admit, after meeting JaeJoong for the first time that day, she already falls in love. If before this she didn’t believe the sentence ‘loves at first sight’, however JaeJoong presence proved her wrong. She didn’t know JaeJoong is single father with a daughter before because he looks quite young to be a father but after Ri In accidentally told her that day, she falls even more. And now, she just someone or something to make her and JaeJoong meet for the second time.

But apart from that, she is afraid. Afraid that the incident in the past will come to haunt her.

 

 

SeungHyun put the file on YunHo desk and sighed. If he counted right, YunHo has gone missing for 1 week already. Even his parent doesn’t know where he went. ChangMin and him has tried searching for him, however the result still the same. YunHo is still missing in action.

Not a single person knew what happened to him in New York, Mrs.Jung has told him that YunHo told them the project went well and didn’t even told them another details. After 3 days of missing, they decided to file a missing person report. And now, they just hope YunHo will be found somewhere.

Mr. Park and Mrs. Park also show their concern when they knew about YunHo disappearance. They tried asking around but still nobody has ever saw YunHo. ShinHye has sent HyeRan an e-mail, telling her that YunHo had gone missing. But she knew, no matter how many emails she sent to HyeRan, she didn’t read it. Because if she did, she must be in Seoul already.

 

One on peaceful night, ChangMin sleep is disturbed by his phone. ShinHye helps him to answer the call.

“Good morning. I’m sorry to disturb. May I talk to Mr. Shim?”

“Please wait a minute.”

She lightly pats ChangMin cheek and ChangMin forced his eyes to open, “What?”

“Someone wants to talk to you.”

He sits on the bed and the phone is in his hand.

“It’s me. Who is talking?”

“Good morning, Mr. Shim. I’m Inspector Go. You told me before if I got anything about YunHo sshi case, I should inform you first.”

When YunHo name is mentioned, his sleepiness goes away almost immediately. “Please continue…”

“We have found him.”

By hearing his sentence, ChangMin knew it didn’t finish yet. “You are not finish yet aren’t you? Just tell me.” ShinHye who didn’t continue her sleep, patiently waits by her husband side.

“He is unconscious right now. The villagers met him by the sea; apparently he is suspected wants to commit suicide.”

 

 

JaeJoong is typing his report on his keyboard when his phone rings; he tore his gaze from the computer screen and answered his call.

“Hyung…”

“Yah, do you have to call me? Why can’t you come to me? Or at least wait for me at my car?”

“I’m home already. Packing up.”

JaeJoong frowned, “packing up? What for? Did you need to go rural clinic again?” he heard JunSu sighed before said something that make his think his ear has misinterpret.

“Lee samcheon is in critical state. We need to go back to Seoul today.”