23

You Belong To Me

 

“Kris, your Korean is still in satisfying level right?” His manager asked when he waits for him to change his clothes. Kris comes out from his hotel room bathroom wearing a khaki shorts and green tea color short sleeve shirt. He fixed his hair a bit and grins to his manager.

“I’m still able to curse people. Why?”

His manager smirks, “Good! Because now I need to go back to New York. Burberry called me. They need me to handle the male model.” He throws a few files on Kris bed, “this time is might be a small project for you. But it’s better than nothing. That scandal really damages your reputation a bit.”

Kris looked at the file and to his manager. He sighed, “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before and -”

His manager waves his hand, “Don’t worry. We have been working together since your day one becoming a model. She is one terrible woman. I’m not blaming you.” Kris nodded his head, “Thanks.”

“Now, if you excuse me, I have a plane to catch. Take care.” He pats Kris shoulder and walked out from the hotel room.

 

Tossing his towel aside, he grabs the blue colored file. He flipped it and immediately a very beautiful fashion designer picture greets him.

                                                                       

                                                                                        

 

However, none expression can be seen on his face. He already met many beautiful gorgeous female models. He flips few more pages and suddenly his manager words came into his thoughts.

“Dammit that stupid scandal!”

 

 

 

SeungHyun walked out from YunHo office after discussed about their work together. After knowing that he might have the chance to meet with HyeRan, YunHo has been working more diligently and more hardworking. It’s like HyeRan has given him an aura and SeungHyun likes to see that aura motivates YunHo to work harder. It’s not he is not working harder before, it just these few years, YunHo seems less motivated to perform his work. Of course projects keep coming to them, but most it are handled by him than YunHo.

“Mr. Choi, why are you smiling alone?”

His smile towards YunHo’s secretary too. “Your boss had changed doesn’t he?” the lady nodded her head. “The old YunHo has returned.” They both high fived each other and suddenly YunHo’s office room door opens.

“Yah! Are you flirting with my secretary???”

 

 

 

ShinHye is reading an article about pregnant mother on her iMac at her desk when Ah Ra enters her office and walks to her while smiling gleefully. ShinHye looks up, “let me guess, my husband is here?”

Ah Ra had always admired ChangMin, she loves to see ChangMin boyish smile, ChangMin dressed up in his Pilot suit, ChangMin wearing casual clothes and she doesn’t keep it as secret from the married couple at all. At first ChangMin doesn’t feel comfortable with the glances that he keep on receiving from Ah Ra, but after ShinHye explained, Ah Ra only admires him like a fan admire their favorite singer, ChangMin changes his attitude and nowadays he can even have lunch together with Ah Ra, only both of them if ShinHye has to run somewhere, to meet her customer or checking up on her model.

Ah Ra shakes her head side to side. ShinHye creased her eyebrow. “Then who is it?” she asked while standing up and walked out from her office. She turned around when she closed the door and surprised to see a tall male, wearing jeans jacket with white shorts along with his reddish hair and his right hand holding Starbucks Iced Coffee standing right in front of her.

 

ShinHye has to clears first before asking him, “can I help you?” this guy is amazingly handsome! Ah Ra has forgotten how to breathe when the guy smiles towards ShinHye and introduce himself to her boss after letting his right hand out.

“Hi, you must be ShinHye right? I’m Kris. I came here for the charity fashion show.”

 

                                                                               

 

Kris? I heard that name before. She professionally curved her lips although she is tempted by Kris handsomeness. “Hi Kris. Have a seat.” ShinHye gestures him to sit on the couch and she turns to Ah Ra. “Ah Ra…”

However, that girl didn’t hear any voice anymore. The only voice she hears is Kris’s manly voice. Kris turns to look at her and he flashes his billion dollar smirk. She immediately grab the nearest clothes stand to prevent her from collapsed. ShinHye saw that and let out a cute giggle. She grabs the nearest small cushion and quickly throws at her arm. Careful not to embarrassed Ah Ra in front of Kris.

 

After looking at the file that she supposed to study yesterday, ShinHye are more than satisfied when she got Kris as her only male model. “Everybody will come to my show!!!” she spread her both arms happily and Ah Ra nodded her head excitedly. She already can imagine herself being friendly with Kris during the show later. Kris laughed when he see their reaction. He knew that she is one heck of the talented designer, judging from her portfolio and her profile. He also thought she will be one hard designer since she already won many awards and surprisingly she came from a wealthy family. But the ShinHye that celebrating his attendance like a kid got a surprise on their birthday really fascinates him. He can feel that he made a brilliant choice by participating with this event and they will be good friend in the future.

 

He is surprised when ShinHye suddenly asked him to stay for lunch just now and what’s surprise him more is that they are actually eating on the couch, facing each other. ShinHye even crossed her legs on the couch, indicating she is very comfortable with her seat and seems like she does it often. They talked about fun stuff and the stress free conversation is really making him forget the recent problem he had recently. Kris grabs the tissue and wipes his mouth; he then accidentally glances at ShinHye beautiful long fingers.

“You are married?”

ShinHye shyly nodded. She then stands up and show Kris 3 fingers, “and 3 months old pregnant!”

She then laughed evilly.

This girl… Kris thought, he shook his head while smirking.

 

 

 

HyeRan is raising her hand, ready to knock on JaeJoong’s room door, she wants to kidnap YeRin as staying alone in her room is so damn boring. Her right leg accidentally kicks the door and the door open by itself. “Not lock?”

She is ready to reveal herself but stops midway when she heard 3 people voices in JaeJoong’s room. 

“Oppa, why is that bothers you so much?”

“Ri In, please calm down. Hyung must have his own reason.”

She can clearly hear Ri In ‘hmph’ sound. “The only reason is that he still in love with that -”

HyeRan peeked and saw JaeJoong is looking at her sternly. “Don’t insult her; she is still my daughter’s mother.”

Ri In threw both her arms in the air in despair and plopped on the couch. JunSu is torn between comforting his brother or his wife. Lastly, he chooses his brother. Ri In didn’t feel slightest anger at all because she knew how much JunSu loves his brother.

“Hyung..”

JaeJoong sighed, “I know JunSu. I know. But knowing that she is Kris mother makes me wondering if she really loves me before? Did she really love my money, and not having the slightest feelings to me?”

Ri In tensed face turns soft, she stands up and sits on the bed, close to JaeJoong. She then bends down a little to smooth YeRin hair. She admits, she really did saw a little resemblance of JaeJoong ex-wife on YeRin pretty face.

“Oppa, I hate to say this but it’s true, she did love your money and he got none feeling towards you.” JunSu hissed, warning his wife not to say more because he knew whatever came out from his wife mouth later will be like having a knife and stab right into JaeJoong heart.

That girl was his first love, of course he will be thinking about her until now. Although she had done so many awful things towards him.

On the other side, HyeRan covers using her palm and walk back to her own room. After she closed the door, she stared into thin air; she didn’t hear it wrong right?

“JaeJoong ex-wife is Kris mother? How come-”

She shook her head, “that’s impossible!”

 

“Sir, it’s already 8pm, you should stop now.” YunHo shocked when he heard his sectary voice inside his room. He saw she is smiling towards him while pointing to her wrist, asking YunHo to check on his own wrist watch.

“Oh I didn’t notice the time! Sorry Miss Secretary!” He laughed. His secretary smiled and closed the door back. He immediately stretched out his both arms. “It’s feels so long to be this tired.” He pinched his nose and starts to arranging his messy desk.

The door open once again and YunHo smiled, “you may go back now. I’m sorry for taking your time. I will repay it by adding a bonus in your salary.”

They both laughed before once again, the door is closed.

He slid out his drawer and a picture of HyeRan smiling greets him. He takes it out and put it on his desk, “This time, you will be staying here.”

 

YunHo is on his way to his house when he passed the small sunflower park by the roadside. He glanced at the clock on the dashboard, “I can take a night walk for a while.” He gives his signal to park his car by the road side. Once stopped, he takes off his necktie and loosens the button. He also folded his sleeve till it reached his elbow.

Get out from the car, he breathe in and breathe out, totally not regretting his choice to stop by. The sunflowers sway from right and left, as if they are welcoming the new YunHo.

 

 

 

“Hye Ran ah!”

She turned around and quickly waves ChangMin who is walking towards her. “Yes Senior Shim?” he looked left and right first before he grabs her right hand and quickly placed a brownish envelope in her grip. “He said you don’t have to reply it because you are meeting him in next two days right?”

HyeRan nodded her head and smiling happily when she knows she just got a new mail from him. “Where is he? Why you need to hand it to me this time?”

“The principal wanted to meet him, talk about his decision after he graduates from here.”

Her smile felled, they are leaving her.

“What’ up with that face?” ChangMin pulled her ponytail a bit. She smacked his arms, “it’s no fun at all when you two leave this school.”

He softened, “we still can meet each other, don’t worry. Do you think YunHo have the heart to forget about you? Well if he does, don’t worry; you got your superman here!”

He pats his chest for a few times.

“Yeah right!” HyeRan laughed before saying goodbye to him when she saw many students start to fill the empty hallway.

He stared at her until she is out of his sight.

He sighed, “I will never forget about you silly.”

 

Finally night comes, she thought she wants to read his letter earlier, but after school, ShinHye hangs at her place, so she had no choice unless read it before she goes to bed. She packs up her bags for tomorrow subject before jumped on her bed and takes out the envelope under her pillow.

Just when she opens the letter, YunHo ugly handwriting greets her. “Yucks! His handwriting is like a worm!”

Dear HyeRan,

            Time flies quickly huh? I feel like I just meet you at the gate but now, in few more days, I will be leaving our school. I still don’t think about what I want to be, maybe a business man? Did you know what you want to be when you grow up?

            I’m so afraid when the thought of leaving you entered my thoughts. I don’t want to leave you. You are the best memories I have in my school life beside ChangMin and I thought, I want to properly date you once I’m out from the school. Oh yeah, can you meet me like what we planned on the other day? I need to know your answer for my confession too. How can you just run away like that?

So, tell me, how’s your day today?

 

                                                                                                                        JYH

 

 

HyeRan can feel her both cheek heating up whenever she recalled about YunHo confession.

 

 

 

Slowly and carefully she folded back the letter and put it back inside the envelope. She gets off from her bed and takes out a small box under her study desk. Inside, there is a pile of YunHo letter that she kept since day one YunHo gave her the little note. All are nicely folded and piled together.

After hid the box back, she takes out a piece of paper from the drawer and takes out her pen.

 

 

 

Dear Senior Jung,

            Nothing happened today beside Senior Shim surprised me by handing your letter. What are you discussing with the principal? Are you going to leave me to somewhere far? You said you aim for Seoul University; I still can bear with the distance, but what If you got an offer from abroad? Like America? Will you go? Of course you will go; you are the only child in your family. Your parent must their son have the best education.

Me too, I can’t believe you are leaving me. Times do flies quickly.

 

 

YunHo sighed; he hates it when HyeRan sounds so down in her letter. When he flipped the letter, he saw a big sunflower was drawn behind the letter.

 

 

 

I love sunflower. I once make a research about sunflower and they said sunflower symbolizes hope. I hope, you will not forget about me after you graduate and go to university.

I already asked my parent and they give me the permission to meet you. So, don’t be late okay!

 

                                                                                                            HR

 

 

On the day they promised to meet, HyeRan didn’t show up due to the incident that happened in her house. Which he thought, he has been rejected.

 

 

 

A sudden wind blew pulls YunHo back into reality. That wind just now must be quite strong because he still can feel the goose bumps on his arms and around his neck. YunHo rubbed his arm and looks up to continue his night walk when his eyes fell on someone in front of him.

 

 

Someone that looks too familiar to him.

 

 

Someone that still holds special place inside his heart.

 

 

Someone that still manages to make his heartbeat goes crazy.

 

 

 

That person in front of him fidgeted with her fingers, clearly shown that she is nervous under his gazes.

 

 

She can’t walk away, her body refused to listen to her. Her brain asked her eyes to look away, and they still refused to look away.

 

 

That man has clicked the button ‘pause’ to all her body parts, except her heartbeats which she swear, her heart is going to burst out from her body any time soon.

 

They both lost in their loving gazes as silence took place. Judging by their distance, YunHo only need to make 4 steps more and she will be inside his embrace already.

And he is willing to make the first move.

His right leg starts to make the first move when finally he notices, there is a small girl holding her left hand.

“Eloise umma, where’s appa?”

She looked down to YeRin a bit before her eyes searching for his again. However, this time HyeRan saw YunHo eyes filled with confusedness.

Just when she opens , ready to - , ready to what? She, herself didn’t know what to do, explain maybe? Would that be enough? A voice behind her suddenly shouts her name, making YunHo turns his attention from the little girl to the man that is approaching her.

 

“Eloise!”

 

 

 

 Author’s note: hello! So, THEY FINALLY MEET EACH OTHER!! I’m sorry if their reunion is so blend but this is the best I can came up with. Maybe I will redeem it in next chapter? Comments pretty please! Thank you!

p/s: has anyone already watch Itazura Na Kiss Love In Tokyo? Yuki Furukawa is soooooo cute!! He is like the combination of Kim JooWon and Exo-M Luhan!!!