12

You Belong To Me

 

“That’s it. I’m done here.” JaeJoong let go of Kris collar and walked towards the exit. HyeRan looked at Kris and JaeJoong and switched back to Kris. “I’m sorry. I have to.”

Kris withdraws his hand, ready to grab HyeRan hand. “Wait!” well, he managed to grab it at first, but his grip is loose. Therefore, HyeRan hand easily slips away from his grip.

“JaeJoong wait!”

He turns around and shocked to see her. He didn’t expect her to follow him though. “What are you doing here?”

“You don’t want me to be here?”

“I thought-” he stops, “never mind. Let’s go to work.”

 

 

Kris looked at HyeRan slip in JaeJoong car and rubbed his back head furiously. “Why can’t you see I care for you?”

He cursed under his breath before walks toward the elevator.

 

 

JunSu walks to the kitchen, “where’s others?”

YeRin smiles upon seeing her uncle. “Appa chase Eloise Umma.”

Ri In smiles, “It’s great to see them getting along.” He nodded his head, although he doesn’t know what happened before to make his wife said that.

“Let’s go somewhere with YeRin. I have no schedule today.”

Ri In seems happy with that thought. “I think YeRin need some new dress for spring season.” JunSu agreed to that matter instantly. He looked down to YeRin, “let’s go shopping!!”

 

 

YunHo is busily typing on the keyboard when he heard a knock on the door. “Come in.” he looked up and saw his secretary peeked inside, showing only her face, “Mr. Lee is on the phone.”

He nodded his head and pushes a button on the phone beside the monitor. He clears his throat before proceed, “Good morning Mr. Lee.”

Mr. Lee scoffed, “no need to greet me YunHo. What have you done to the company? I can’t believe you are doing some stupid mistakes.”

YunHo frowned upon hearing the accusations from Mr. Lee. “I’m sorry Mr. Lee.”

“No. you don’t need to sorry because for sure, my team will be back out. We will be selling out our entire share.”

“Wait!” YunHo stands up. He knows the best when Mr. Lee mention about his team. “Please give me more time. I can fix this. Please.”

Mr. Lee grunted. “You know how I do business YunHo. If my team and I wait for another day that will totally disobey my work ettics.”

YunHo really feels like slamming Mr. Lee head using his favorite golf stick right now. “But Mr. Lee.. We have worked together for so long. You totally know how capable I am.”

“Yes. I do know that. But what happened recently making me hesitated about our cooperation.”

“Mr. Lee. Please.” YunHo sentence is short but meaningful and hopeful.

“Let me get this straight YunHo. I can only give you until 7 in the morning tomorrow. You better fix this or I will surely pull out. Arasseo?”

YunHo hand turns into knuckles. It’s better than nothing, he thought. Although he still haven’t figured out his next plan. “Arasseo. Thank you Mr. Lee. I surely will not let you down.”

They both hung up, YunHo stared into his monitor, now he really needs to think about plan B, he thought.

 

 

“That bastard!” he cursed. “When he is in need, we help him. How can he do this to us? People forget other people kindness so easily.”

When he heard Mr. Lee mentioned about his team just now, he already imagined the stock for his company will be down in a matter of seconds. He doesn’t even have the time to do anything; his company will be totally shut down. Mr. Lee team consists of many big names in construction world. If they back out, other people will follow suit. Then everybody will be back out from his company.

 He sits down on his seat back and presses a button on the phone.

“Yes Mr. Jung..?” his secretary voice coming out from the speaker.

“I need you to bring me the files which contain about potential client details.”

“Arasseo.”

“Well Lee, if you are not going to give me what I want, then I think I need to ask for other’s help.” He said above whispers.

He grabs the PC mouse and click on a button on the desktop. He opened a webpage and immediately type in a name, “Im SeHoon”

“I just hope he will still remember me. He is my only hope now.”

 

 

 

They both arrived at the hospital. He glanced towards HyeRan and notice how pale she looked. “Hey, are you okay?”

HyeRan looked up and smiled, “you finally talk to me.” He shook his head, “I’m asking you, are you okay?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing worse. I’m okay.” She walks up to him, “about earlier…” JaeJoong takes a few steps to her, “I’m sorry I behaved like that.”

“It’s not me you need to say sorry. It’s Kris.” She immediately saw how tensed JaeJoong face turned to. “You know I’m right, right?”

He didn’t respond.

“I bet he is just joking about what he said.” JaeJoong scoffed. “Yeah right. Like I will believe that. Anyway, it’s your choice whether to accept him or not. I’m not involved in your life at all.”

HyeRan somehow hurts when she heard that. She takes a few steps backwards. “When you said it like that, it hits me actually. Fine, don’t interfere with my private life anymore.” She then walked away, leaving JaeJoong alone in the parking lot.

“That’s not what I meant!” his voice echoed through the empty parking lot, he was sure HyeRan heard that but she chooses to just ignore his words.

 

 

 

“Mr. Jung, here is the document. Is there anything else you want?” his secretary patiently standing there, waiting for YunHo next order.

“Can you please make me a cup of coffee please?” he asked without taking his eyes off the document he is working on now.

“Of course Mr. Jung.” She then left the room.

While waiting for his coffee, he punched another number on the phone and later a guy voice greets him. “Yes Mr. Jung?”

“Hey, grab your things; let’s do the work in my office.”

“Assa! I can work in your room!” he smirked when he heard his friend happy voice.

Beside YunHo and his dad managing Jung Construction, there are two other director that basically below them and help them in managing the company. That is Toro Shiyo and Choi Seung Hyun.

Toro was accepted by his father while Choi Seung Hyun was personally invited by him to work in his company. Choi Seung Hyun is actually YunHo friend since in their University life.

KNOCK KNOCK

Before YunHo can answer, Seung Hyun already barged in his office. He put all his work belonging, few documents, his laptop, his material for drawings and last but not least, his no lenses glasses. YunHo stared at the glasses on his desk, “You really think that will make you look smarter?”

                                                            

 

Choi Seung Hyun make a face, “it’s funny how that sentence coming out from you. the oh so great Jung YunHo who are the one that told me to wear that back in Uni.

YunHo laughed. “and you believe that until now?”

“you never believed how many girls actually asked me whether I was Harvard graduated.”

Choi Seung Hyun smiled winningly when YunHo knew he wasn’t lying. “How’s the case?”

YunHo shook his head, “it’s getting worse. I thought only few of them want to back out. However it turns out Mr. Lee and the rest of the team.”

His friend hissed, “that’s’ bad.” Seung Hyun starts to spinning a pen between his fingers, “so what’s your plan now?”

“Do you still remember Im SeHoon?”

Choi Seung Hyun nodded his head, “of course. Whatssup with him?”

“I just hope he will remember us.”

 

 

JaeJoong sighed tiredly on his seat. He just got back from checking all his patient for that day and now is taking a rest on his seat. He fished out his iPhone and check if he got any messages.

“Is she trying to ignore me?”

He had sent her so many texts, explaining that she has misunderstood him. But none of it replied. He knew, this time HyeRan really mad at him. He slumped back to his seat.

“I can’t stand this!”

 

 

HyeRan read the last messages from JaeJoong. “Whatever JaeJoong. I’m going to give you silence treatment. So that in the future, you will not easily said things to me.” She stands up, “I bet Kris must be mad at me.”

She left her room after grabbed her purse and phone.

 

 

JaeJoong is taking a walk at the rooftop garden while enjoying the view of the building near them. He is just about to turn around when he accidentally glanced down. He saw HyeRan crossing the road and straight away enters Kris’s Starbucks Café.

“What the hell?!”

 

 

Kris is standing behind the counter while facing back to the coffee machine. He is just about to check on the coffee machine, or do anything that can distract him since he is still not feeling better from the early event when suddenly he heard someone called his name.

“Kris.”

He turned around and then turned back.

HyeRan stands there like a stupid person. “Are you going to ignore me?”

Kris silenced.

She knows she have to provoke him a little, to make him turns to face her at least. She doesn’t like to see Kris upset. For her, Kris is like her guardian angel. Because he always there to comfort her and to make her happy. That’s why she treasured him so much. 

“I was thinking about you all the time while checking on my patient, but I can see how much you relax huh?”

She eyed him from head to toe. It’s true actually. Kris normal blonde hair which she thought it was normal because that color suits him has gone to black slightly gold colored hair. “Wah! You even colored your hair. I can smell saloon spray from here.” She tapped her fingers nervously.

“Come on Kris. Talk to mehh!!”

However, Kris still ignored her. It’s true he had gone to the saloon before he head to his café. He just got a job and he met with the boss at the saloon and the next fashion show needs him to color his hair.

“Kris, come on. Talk to me. Or at least turn to me.” She slowly said. Yet, he is still not turning around.

Feeling rejected, she turns around too. Before she heads to the exit, HyeRan stops at the counter. “Hi. Can I get a pen and a piece of paper?”

The worker who saw what happened between her boss and this lady in front of her quickly nodded her head and give what she asked for.

After finish writing on the paper, she folds it 4 times and hand it to the worker, “please give him this.” The worker nodded her head and watch HyeRan walked out from the café lazily.

Kris absolutely heard what she said just now. When he was sure HyeRan already out from his café, he turns around, looked down before stares at the door longingly, and his eyes caught HyeRan easily and watch her cross the road.

                                      

 

“Boss. Here.” His worker hands him the paper that HyeRan wrote on just now. He nodded his head and put it in his pocket. He wants to read it in his office. After making sure his work was done at the machine, he excused himself and enters his small office there.

He takes out that piece of paper before plopped himself on the one seat couch right in the corner of the small office.

He actually plays with that folded paper with his fingers, thinking what might HyeRan wrote in there. Part of him is afraid; afraid that HyeRan will asks him to stay away from her. Or maybe, she wants to tell him that she already becomes JaeJoong’s.

He sighed, “There’s only one way to find out Kris.” He said to himself. Slowly, he unfolds the paper.

 

Kris,

            Why you don’t want to face me? Is it because of this morning? Don’t do this to me. I can’t live without you. You are my friend, my brother, my guardian angel and my everything. I already got a phone. Here’s the number. Call me when you ready to talk to me again.

 

                                                                                                                        Eloise

 

He stared at HyeRan’s phone number; his hand is ready to fish out his phone on his jacket pocket but halted.

“Let’s forget about this for a while. At least until I got back from Tokyo for the fashion show.”

 

 

HyeRan returned to the hospital with troubled expressions. “Great, now two guys didn’t want to talk to me.”  She purposely counted JaeJoong in because she knows; she will definitely give him the cold shoulder and silent treatment. Because of this matter, she accidentally forgot about her lunch too. She pressed the up button and not until few minutes later, elevator door opens wide, letting her in before taking her up to her floor.

“I don’t get it..” she mumbled after settling down on her seat. “It should be me who refuse to see him, not him!” she sighed, “I really don’t get it how a guy mind works.”

Well Park HyeRan, which girl does?

 

 

“YunHo ah.. Can we stop? It’s already passed lunch hour!” Choi Seung Hyun exclaimed, making YunHo look up. “Oh yeah! I forgot about lunch.” He, himself shocked to see that it’s already passed lunch hour. “You can go out to eat actually, I don’t mind.”

Choi Seung Hyun shows YunHo his cute smile. “Let’s have late lunch together. It’s been a long time since I dine with you.”

YunHo looked at him weirdly, “can you stop?”

“Stop what?” Seung Hyun looked at him questioningly.

“Stop saying like we are an item. You clearly know who I love right? It’s a girl, a lady. Not a guy.” YunHo stands up, grabbing his coat.

Choi Seung Hyun snorted. “Yah! You are so full of yourself!” he knocked on YunHo head before grabbing his coat too. Together, they walked out from the company and they go to Seung Hyun favorite restaurant.

 

 

Eventhough they are outside of the company, but that doesn’t mean they will stop talking about business. During their meal, Seung Hyun and YunHo keep talking about business and only stops when they are munching the food or taking a sip of their drinks. they can’t help it though because they need to come out with plan C if their plan B is not working.

“We need to think ab-”

“Don’t you dare to meet me again!”

Choi Seung Hyun and YunHo stops talking when they suddenly heard a lady yelled right across the room. Just when they want to ignore the lady and continue with their conversation, they heard a loud slap sound.

Choi Seung Hyun stands up; being a busybody guy, he will never misses this opportunity to see what had happened at those two. YunHo stands up too. Not because he is going to joins Choi Seung Hyun, but he needs to use the bathroom. Unfortunately, no matter how much he didn’t want to interfere the scene, he just had too. Because the only way to go to the toilet is passing by the lady table.

YunHo were about to enter the toilet when he saw the lady face. Coincidently, the lady is turning around, ready to leave the restaurant.

By accident, YunHo is blocking her way, angrily, she looked up and gasped when she see him. “Jung YunHo sshi!”

YunHo is trying to find a name as he remembers her, and unfortunately he has forgotten her name.

 

 

“It’s me. YeEun!”

YunHo smiled, now already remembered her name and where did he met her. “I’m sorry. I should have remembered your name.”

“it’s okay, as long as you remember me as the nurse who was taking care of you once upon a time ago.”

YunHo chuckled.

“YeEun ah~”

She makes a face, not turning back, “shut up BoonSae. You can go die with your new girlfriend! Don’t even to bother me again.” She then turns to YunHo, “I’m sorry Jung YunHo sshi. But right now it’s wrong timing. We should talk later.” She bows and ready to leave the restaurant.

 

“Wait!”

YunHo has forgotten his attention to go to the toilet. “Can you wait for me? I have something to ask you.”

YeEun nodded hesitantly. “Arasseo. I’ll wait for you outside.”

He nodded his head. While YeEun is making her way to the exit, YunHo returns to his table where Choi Seung Hyun already finished his food as well.

“You can go back first Choi Seung Hyun. I have to meet someone.”

Choi Seung Hyun nodded his head. “Sure, I’ll see you at office.”

 

 

“YeEun sshi..” she looked behind her, YunHo just got out from the restaurant.

“I want to ask you about HyeRan.”

She widened her eyes. “Is there something happen to her?”

YunHo shook his head, and then nodded his head.

YeEun grew impatiently, well; it’s a yes or a no?! Tell me. What happen to her?!“”

“Didn’t you know where HyeRan will be all this while?”

She shot him a confused look. “Wait, I thought she will be staying with you.”

“Is that mean you didn’t know she is missing right now?”

“BWOH?! MISSING?! YAH JUNG YUHNHO!”

YunHo winced, hearing her loud voice. “I don’t even know about that!”

“I just wondering, do you know where will she be right now?”

YeEun tried hard to think. “I think you should ask Prof Lee. He should know where is HyeRan is now. Because he is the last person HyeRan talks to on that day.”

YunHo eyes shot with hope. “Really?”

She nodded her head,”I’m 100% sure because at that time HyeRan need to get out from hospital. Instead, Prof Lee transferred her. Since HyeRan is gone, I bet he must be know something.”

 

YunHo asked for Prof. Lee details before bid goodbye to YeEun. Now he already have a name of a person who responsible for HyeRan missing in action. And he will not wasting any of his time to postpone this matter.

 

 

Author’s note: I actually give an extra care for this chapter however I still think this chapter is not good enough. I’m sorry :(  oh yeah, I want to warn you that this story will have a lot of cameo, as you know, when the plot is expanding, it will be not healthy if the story revolves around four main characters. Am I right?

 


 

 

@nizzyool: YunHo got info already! Thanks to YeEun!

@minemine: it’s not double update actually. Hahaha.. YunHo is a strong man, he can overcome that! Don’t worry..

@2104cassie: updated! Enjoy the chappie!

@Laishyano: I will try my best to avoid so many guys heartbroken. I will! You can count on me like 1, 2, 3! :D