18

You Belong To Me

 

She looks to her both side and hold his hand tighter so many thoughts start to invade her mind. One step, two step, three step, they both slowly walked on the stairs and when they both reach the first floor, JaeJoong knock on the door in front of him.

“Come in.” a voice inside the room answered.

JaeJoong opens the door and let YeRin enter the principal room first.

“Good Morning Dr. Kim.” The principal shakes hand with JaeJoong, “Please, just calls me Jae.” He then lift YeRin up and hold her, “YeRin please say hi to your new teacher, Mrs. Jordan.”

YeRin at first didn’t want to as she is afraid on this lady. For the first time in her life, her auntie is not there to accompany her and JaeJoong presence is not enough for to overcome the fear she got.

“Hi YeRin, nice to meet you. I see you braided your hair, it’s beautiful. Who made that?” Mrs. Jordan touches YeRin hair.

“Auu…Auntie Ri..Auntie Ri In made it.” She carefully answered, “Do.. Do you like it?” JaeJoong smiled when he saw his daughter attempted to start a conversation.

Mrs. Jordan nodded, “Of course I like it. It looks so beautiful on you.”

YeRin smiled. “I love braided. Auntie always has the time to tie my hair. There’s one time papa try to make one for me but he failed.” YeRin giggled fills the room and at that moment JaeJoong can see the similarities of his ex-wife and his daughter.

She looked at both daughter and father, “doesn’t your mother make it for you?” upon that question, YeRin stops giggling. Mrs. Jordan knew she has asked something that ruin the little girl mood. “It’s okay YeRin, if you don’t want to talk about it, I respect you.”

YeRin nodded her head. “Thank you.” JaeJoong feels proud on his daughter and present her with a kiss on her forehead. “That’s my girl.”

 

 

After that little incident with YunHo in Kris Starbucks, HyeRan have to take a MC to rest her mind. Everything is so confused for her right now. Why is he here? Is the question that firstly jumped into her mind.

“It doesn’t make any sense.” She mumbled. Then she remembered that ShinHye always send her an email every day, updating her with what happen in Seoul. And because of that, she has created another e-mail just to avoid her e-mail and uses it until now. She didn’t even take a minute to read on ShinHye e-mail. Otherwise, she will by now, know that YunHo didn’t get married with ShinHye. “Should I check on the e-mail? Find out why he is here.”

Slowly, she click on the safari logo and start to type her username and password also not to mention she need to keep reminding herself to breathe.

She doesn’t need to scroll down her inbox as the first e-mail in her old inbox already makes her heartbeat stop for 5 seconds.

YunHo oppa is in New York, he is looking for you. Come back HyeRan, stops running away and oh yeah, I’m pregnant! <3

ShinHye didn’t even wrote her a full e-mail, she just state it all in her e-mail’s subject. She widened her eyes, ShinHye is pregnant? Oh God. She covers . YunHo must be in New York just to deliver the good news of he will become a father and they want her to back at Seoul to tell her, everything is okay now, forget the past and start a new chapter.

“Hell no!” she suddenly get mad after read the e-mail’s subject and the scene that she imagined just now.

“I’m not their family anymore! Everything is already done; I am not under ShinHye family anymore.” She keeps reminding herself. “My debt is settled from the moment YunHo got married with ShinHye. Why they keep bothering me?!”

Downstairs, JaeJoong just got back home from sending YeRin to Alexis Summer School and now he is back at home, ready to go to his evening shift. He heard noises upstairs, “I thought she is in the hospital now.”

He jogs to upstairs and knock on the door. However, when he heard HyeRan keep screaming on top of her lungs and by the sound of it, she is throwing stuff on the carpeted floor, JaeJoong barged in the room and shocked to the HyeRan room has turned upside down.

“Eloise! What happen?”

He tries to stop HyeRan from screaming and throwing stuff but at that time she is so disturbed until she’s not realizing that JaeJoong is the one who tries to stop her.

“Eloise!!!” JaeJoong yelled on top of his lung and quickly hugs HyeRan from behind, she who is shocked to hear his voice quickly let go everything in her grip and slip down on the floor JaeJoong to sits down, she cries and cries while holding JaeJoong arms.

“They hurt me so much and I thought after giving YunHo to them, they will stop from bothering me. JaeJoong, it hurt. It hurt so much to be alone in this cruel world.”

“Hush now… You are not alone, I’m here remember?” JaeJoong said above whispers. Yes, he realized he just spoke Korean just now and he glad he spoke it actually, as he feels like he just breaking a spell and he is glad is HyeRan who make him to.

He continues hugging her tighter and rocks their body side by side, calming HyeRan.

 

 

“Hi, may I know which department Doctor Park HyeRan in charge is?” YunHo greet James at the information counter.

“I’m sorry sir. There is no person who has the name in here.” James answered politely. “No? Are you sure? Or is there any other General Hospital around here?”

By listening to YunHo English, he knew he is not from here. “Are you from Korea sir?” YunHo is taken aback when he heard the question. “Yes I am. Is that a problem?” he uncertainly asked. James quickly waves his hand, “No no no. don’t get me wrong sir. My intention is good. It just if you are looking for a Korean doctor here, we only have 3 Korean doctors. And we have only a Doctor with Park as her surname.”

YunHo eyes fill with hope when he heard James mention ‘her.’ James continues, “Doctor Eloise Park is in Gynecology Department.”

“Gynecology Department? I thought she is supposed to be in charge in A&E (Accident and Emergency)”

James shrugged his shoulders, “Dr. Kim is the one who put her under that department.” He raised his left eyebrow, “and who is this Dr. Kim?”

James smiled, “Dr. Kim JaeJoong, Dr. Eloise’s boyfriend.”

 

Half an hour later, YunHo is already checking out from his hotel, ready to get back to Seoul. After James told him the fact that this JaeJoong guy is HyeRan boyfriend, he become so furious until he left the hospital without even said thanks to James who provide him with so much information. Yeah, too much until he mentioned the word ‘boyfriend’.

YunHo bought the airplane ticket and now sitting on one of the free seat there, waiting for his flight in another 1 hour.

“I can’t believe you already have someone else.” He speaks to the picture of HyeRan in his grip right now.

“I thought what we have are enough for you to hold on. Park HyeRan, how could you do this to me!”

Tiredly, he put his face in his palms and breathes out. His trip to New York is useless. He still remembers the moment where ChangMin leave a big brown envelope on his working desk in his office and have a post–it note that written, “Your early birthday present. Go for it.”

And first thing that greet him the moment he take out the contents of the envelope is the picture of HyeRan. His eyes went big and he immediately reached out for his phone and called ChangMin. However, at that time, ChangMin is at work, so he unreachable. Instead, he calls ShinHye.

 

“Yes oppa.”

“What is this? Is ChangMin playing jokes with me?”

“No oppa. He hired a private investigator when you in the ward last time. He couldn’t take it anymore, seeing you destroying your body.”

“I… Thank you.”

“It’s okay oppa. Go for her. Go to New York, take her back.”

“Thanks for everything. I owe both of you.”

 

With that, he is in New York for two reasons, one is for business matter and another one is to bring his other half back to Seoul. He didn’t expect thing to turn out like this at all. He had study everything about HyeRan life here. It’s stated there that HyeRan favorite hangout place is the Starbucks across the hospital. Therefore, he drops by at that time, hoping he will somehow saw HyeRan in there.

“Damn YunHo, you are so stupid!”