13

You Belong To Me

 

HyeRan just finished her schedule for the day and is lying on the small bed that situated in her room, which provided by the hospital in case she needs to oversleep in her office, she fidgeted uncomfortably as she can definitely feel is burning right now. She opens her eyes and suddenly a wave of dizziness hits her. “Ah man.. I think I’m going to be sick!”

She changes her position to sitting position, ready to grab a bottle of plain water on the table. However, as soon as she composes her step, her head feels so heavy until she can’t take it no more.

BUMP!

HyeRan falls on the floor. She tries to open her eyes, calling for someone’s help at least. But she just can’t take it no more when her head feels so heavy and she can feel is emitting warm breath. Slowly, she closed her eyes.

 

 

JaeJoong shuts down his PC and grabs his briefcase, ready to meet with HyeRan as their schedule end at the same time. While riding on the elevator, he couldn’t stop to silently pray for HyeRan will talk to him again.

TING!

He steps out from the elevator and quickly makes his nervous step to HyeRan office.

KNOCK KNOCK

He waits for her to answer but after waiting for almost 3 minutes, he opens the door. “Where did she go? She goes back already?”

He was about to turned his shoe heel already when he spotted a hand lying down on the floor. Slowly, he makes his way to the hand and surprised to see an unconscious body lying on the floor.

“Eloise!!!”

He quickly lifted her up in bridal style and put her on the bed back. “What the heck is happening to you?” JaeJoong fished out his phone, quickly dial up JunSu number.

“Yes?”

“JunSu, take the equipment to Eloise room. She’s fainted. ”

“What?!” he shrieked. “Alright, I come right now.”

 

 

YunHo stands in front of the hospital nervously. Standing in front of the building really makes he misses HyeRan more. All his sweet and bad memories keep gushing into his mind. The scene where HyeRan confessed her love is the most memorable scene in his head. The night where they cuddled until both of them fall asleep played in his mind, he wrapped his arms, “HyeRan ah.. Please come back, your warmness start to fades already.”

Jung YunHo steps inside Seoul Hospital and composed his steps to the elevator. “YeEun said Prof Lee room is on the 7th floor.” He pressed number 7 button and waits.

TING!

When the elevator door opens, YunHo suddenly feels nervous. He starts having negative thought about HyeRan and one of it was, “what if even he doesn’t know HyeRan whereabouts?”

He can feels his stomach starts to make a funny twist, he halt on his step two feet away from Prof Lee door.

 

 

“How’s she?” JaeJoong asked when JunSu finished checking on HyeRan. He was the one who supposed to check on her but he couldn’t even put the stethoscope around his neck because HyeRan lying on the floor image keep floating in his mind.

“Her body is so weak actually.” JunSu take off the stethoscope coolly. “She lacks of sleep, lack of nutrient, and she seems in depressed mode.”

“What? How come? I saw how happy she was when she with Kris yesterday.” He crossed his both arms. “I get it. It must be because of that Jung guy.”

JunSu frowned, “who is Jung guy?”

JaeJoong looked at JunSu before muttered, “nobody.” He walks to HyeRan bed and sit beside her right hand. He puts his hand on her forehead, “she’s still burning.”

JunSu heard that, “you know how the procedure hyung. Don’t rush it.” He shook his head. He knew he will act like this again. Last time he is nervous like this is when YeRin had her first fever. As a child, their body is not strong enough, when the winter comes, YeRin fall sick. JaeJoong on that day, acted like a crazy man. He keep asking non-related question and ask JunSu when will YeRin will be fine. JunSu had to scream right in front of him telling him to calm down before he decided to land a punch on his face. That, of course didn’t happen. JunSu is actually too afraid to land a punch on someone face. He knows the face structure inside out, he doesn’t want to miss landed and make his hyung dead on the scene.

“I’m just afraid something will happen to her.” JunSu placed his hand on JaeJoong shoulder. “It’s just a regular fever. There’s nothing to worry about. That remind me, have you told Uncle Lee about Eloise?”

He nodded his head, “I already sent him an e-mail after HyeRan got herself a phone. He told us to take care of Eloise.”

“You bought her that phone don’t you?”

JaeJoong let out a simple hmm sound. “Who else? This girl is too stubborn to get herself a phone.”

 

 

SeungHyun was about to stand up, ready to leave YunHo room when suddenly the door opened, revealed YunHo expressionless face.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?”

YunHo shook his head, “you want to go somewhere?”

“Yeah, to the bathroom.”

YunHo glanced at his wrist watch, “it’s near 5. You should go home.”

Usually he will be more than happy to be back home early as YunHo always kept him in the office, doing project and he can arrived his home around quarter to 12 midnight. However today YunHo not showing him, his usual normal mood face and that’s worried him. What happen after they left the restaurant together just now?

“What about you?”

“I think I’m gonna stay, typing down the proposal for Im SeHoon.” He took off his coat, loosens his tie and folded up his sleeve ready to burn the midnight oil. “Good job today Choi..” he showed SeungHyun his small smile.

SeungHyun walked to YunHo, “don’t over work YunHo. I don’t to be beaten by HyeRan if she suddenly pops in your office.” He then left the room.

With the sudden mention of HyeRan name, YunHo sighed loudly after he heard the door closed. He is regretting his action right now for not knocking on Prof Lee door. If he knocks on it, he must know where HyeRan will be right now.

“Stupid!”

 

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK!

JaeJoong stands up and open the door, he immediately saw his daughter and Ri In. “where’s she?” Ri In asked.

He opens the door more, to reveal HyeRan bed. Ri In gasped and quickly hand YeRin to her dad and she sits where JaeJoong sit just now. She runs her hand through HyeRan long hair. “What’s her condition?”

JaeJoong kisses YeRin cheek before answered, “Lack of sleep, lack of nutrition and depress.” She turns her head to JaeJoong. “Depressed?”

He nodded; he then turns to YeRin, “have you eat already?”

YeRin beamed, “yes. I eat waffles before I came here with Auntie Ri In.” JaeJoong let out a loving smile, “you really like waffles huh?”

YeRin nodded, “very much.” She giggled when JaeJoong kisses on her cheek is tickling her.

“Poor girl. She must be bothered by something otherwise she wouldn’t be depressed.” She then turn to JaeJoong, “I bet you haven’t eat your dinner yet. I brought chicken rice. It’s in the paper bag.”

“Thanks.”

Ri In smiled and YeRin is in her arms again. JaeJoong walked to the couch, takes out the food that Ri In brought just now.

“Is hospital busy these days?”

“Not really.”

“Then why she suffers depressed?”

He sighed, he tried to block that YunHo name to invade his mind but he couldn’t. He can’t help it but to trust, the reason why HyeRan is lying on the bed right now is because his company is having a really big problem right now and that makes HyeRan anxious.

“I know you know about her boyfriend.”

That sudden sentence makes Ri In stands up from her place and sits beside JaeJoong on the couch.

“How do you know about that?”

“I was there, in the hallway. You two too immersed in her story, didn’t realized I was standing there.” he take a spoonful of rice and munched.

“What about that?” Ri In takes out her car keys, letting YeRin do whatever she wants to do with it.

“I know who her ex is.” JaeJoong feed his daughter a small bite of chicken, “try to search for Jung YunHo.”

She had heard this name somewhere. Just when she wants to tell JaeJoong, he cuts her, “he is on the news yesterday.”

Ri In snapped her fingers, “right! I saw his name on the online newspaper. How do you know about that?”

“Because she is ready to leave the house when she found out about the news. However I stopped her.”

“oppa! Why you stop her? Let her go! Let her see her man!”

“Then?! If YunHo doesn’t want to meet her then what should she do? Gets her heart broken again?”

She silenced as she knew what JaeJoong saying are right. After all, JaeJoong is the heartbroken expert. He dealt with this once.

Without them both know about it, HyeRan actually wide awake already. She is about to call their name when suddenly she heard JaeJoong mentioned YunHo name. Feeling down again, she grabs hard on the blanket and turns on the other side of the bed, silently cried to herself.

“Thanks for reminding me again, stupid JaeJoong….”

 

 

It’s already 4 in the morning, YunHo is still typing on his keyboard. He got an e-mail from his secretary earlier, telling him that Mr. Im SeHoon is ready to talk to him today. That’s why he is trying his best to prepare a proposal which satisfy both parties. If he got Im SeHoon in his company then Mr. Lee can go to hell! There’s no need to keep a group of ungrateful person.

There’s already 7 empty glass of iced coffee on his desk but his proposal still didn’t finish. He takes a look at the clock on the wall and surprised to see the digit. He turns around, the view which showing the main junction in Seoul with few cars on the road makes YunHo thinking of HyeRan.

The scene where they spend time together during winter and bought a couple sweaters keep replaying in his mind.

Why she couldn’t stop thinking about her today? That’s the thought keep popping after he caught himself thinking about her. However, he knows the answer right away. Because right now, especially this moment, he needs her the most. He need to see her face, her eyes, her smile and that lavender scent which gave him some kind of warmness that able to let him calm down.

He stands up, aiming for the bathroom. Just when he makes his first step, YunHo feels dizzy. Ignoring that feeling, he continues making his way to the bathroom.

 

 

Kris is in airport to depart to Tokyo, he will be having a photo shoot under Marc Jacobs for the next entire week. He was chosen by the CEO of the company himself to represent their new clothe line. Let’s just say, Kris is pretty good with his job, whether on runaway or making coffee in his café.

He is lining up for his passport and ticket to be checked by the staff. Slowly, after saying a simple thanks to the staff, he makes his way to the plane. He found his seat easily since the air stewardess guides him to his seat. He plopped down on the seat.

“Don’t ignore me.”

He heard someone said and turned to his left. There, he saw a girl is typing on her phone while can’t stop from saying ‘don’t ignore me’. How can a girl act like that? Her boyfriend is probably still sleeping or in the bathroom considered the time now. He thought. HyeRan then suddenly popped into his mind. He sighed in defeated; he takes out his phone, types a text message to HyeRan and immediately switched off his phone. He knows he can’t be mad at her for a long time.

 

 

HyeRan awake by the sound that emitted from her iPhone. Before she can reach her phone, to see who just send her a text message, feels her head still heavy she quickly slump her head back on the pillow.

“Good morning.” JaeJoong rubs his both eyes at the same time, using his index finger and his thumb. Obviously he just spends a night in here, accompanying her. He massages his nose bridge before turns to HyeRan.

She tried to smile, however it didn’t reach her eyes, “good morning.” She surprised to hear her voice. Since when it became so hoarse? JaeJoong handed her a glass of warm water, to ease .

“thanks.” She managed to blurt before gulping down the water.

“Do you know how you can be here?”

She nodded. “This is not the first time I fainted. Don’t worry.”

“Don’t worry?!” he stands up, shocking HyeRan who just placed her empty glass on the small table. “You are a doctor and yet you can’t even take care of yourself.”

“JaeJoong,” he focused on her eyes, which wasn’t directly staring at him right now. She is actually staring at her knuckles on the blanket.

“What?”

At last, HyeRan looked up since JaeJoong is standing right now.

“I don’t like how your words keep hurting me.” JaeJoong shot her a confused look. She continue, “You questioned my private life, you make my self-esteem go down and now you even criticize how I do my work.”

When he saw the tears start to form in HyeRan eyes, it hits him. His words are hurting her. To be honest, he didn’t know it though. He grabs the tissue on the table and hand it to HyeRan. She took it and wipes away her tears silently thanks JaeJoong for not interrupt her before continue, “You don’t know how I am before this. Before I came to New York, I was a whole different person. So don’t judge me with what you see. I maybe am not showing the real me.”

“Eloise, you got me wrong.”

HyeRan sighed, “I like you JaeJoong. I really do. You make me instantly comfortable although we had a rocky start.” He saw she tried to laugh but her face doing that is so ugly until JaeJoong need to look away. “It’s just that, don’t simply jump on conclusion. It’s not that I didn’t take care of my body.”

 

JaeJoong focused back on her, “It’s because I always beat up by my adopted mother.”

 

 

No one ever knows about this before, not even Mr. Park and YooChun. At that one time, ChangMin sharp eyes saw her scars and asked her about it. Luckily she can get away with this. She wants to bury the scene where Mrs. Park violently treats her back in her mind but she doesn’t know why she is spilling everything to JaeJoong right now. A friend which she known for 1 month already.

“My body is too weak to handle, that’s why I keep fainting.”

JaeJoong can feel his hand had involuntarily turns into knuckles. He is trying to ask who is her adopted mother but else came out, “you were adopted?”

She nodded her head sadly. “Great Park HyeRan, you successfully make yourself misses them in Seoul more.” She looks at JaeJoong who is sitting on the couch few feet away. “It’s a long story which I think you are not interested.”

“Tell me Eloise.”

She heard him. “I’m sorry JaeJoong, but I’m not ready to spill everything yet.” She saw his face turned hard. “To make you feel better, you are the only one that knew I was beaten when I was a teenager.” He faces her, “how can that make me feel better?”

“Oh yeah..” she winced.

 

 

“Mr. Jung..”

He heard a soft voice calling for him. “Is that HyeRan?” he opens his eyes and saw his secretary face, he immediately gasped.

“I’m sorry Mr. Jung..”

YunHo waves his hand, signaling he is okay with it. “Thanks for waking me up.” He glances his wrist watch, “It’s 9 in the morning already.”

His secretary nodded her head, “Mr. Shim had been trying to called you for the past hour, since you didn’t answered it, he called me. I had to tell him what happened to you.” she shot him an apologetically look. “And he will be coming here in half an hour, bringing your fresh clothes too.”

 “thanks.” He rubs his eyes, “can you make me a coffee?”

“But Mr. Jung, you already consumed coffee more than enough. Can I bring you a glass of milk or something fresh?” he smiled when he heard that, when HyeRan was around, she said the same thing. Only she will say it while slightly pulling his ear. “Sure. Just bring me any drinks. Thanks once again.”

“You are welcome Mr. Jung.” His secretary smiled before disappeared behind the door. When the clicked sound hits his ear, he immediately continues typing on where he left last night.

 

 

“aigoo aigoo..”

He stops when he heard someone voice. He looked up from his monitor and surprised to see ShinHye is standing in front of him. “Hey.” He greets happily, he leaned forward and hugs ShinHye one arm.

“Here, your fresh suit and your glass of milk, I saw your secretary bring it to your office just now. And because I’m such a fine lady, I help her to bring it to you.”

He laughed, “Thanks.” He then saw ChangMin enters his office. “hey.” He greets, ChangMin rose up his hand and make a peace sign. ChangMin then walk to the couch, “you never listen don’t you?”

YunHo just finished his glass of milk look up, “what do you mean?”

ShinHye plopped beside ChangMin, joined him on the couch. “Oppa already spend two nights in office in case you haven’t noticed.”

“I do actually. Thanks to your husband. However, I can’t help it. I need to save my company.” And that reminds him, he is expecting a call from Im SeHoon, he walks out from his office, straight away to his secretary desk.

“Yes, Mr. Jung?”

“At what time do I need to expect a call from Mr. Im?”

“At 11 Mr. Jung. He sounds happy when he heard your name when I told him yesterday.”

YunHo blinked, “he did?”

His secretary nodded her head. “Okay then. Thanks!”

“After all what happen, he still remembers me? Cool!”

He showed her his smile and enters the room back. He then saw ChangMin is leaning down, trying to kiss ShinHye.

“Aww man! Not in my office!”

ShinHye buried her face inside ChangMin jacket while he throws YunHo a dirty look.

 

 

HyeRan can feel her body is getting warmer than yesterday; she glanced up, seeing the IV drops. “Why I’m not getting better?”

Before she can sit up, checking on her IV drops, JunSu suddenly stormed inside. “Hi!” she tries to greet him happily despite her hoarse voice.

JunSu looked at her, “wow! I heard from hyung about your voice, but I don’t think this hoarse.” He tried to suppress his laughter.

“Whatever JunSu.” She rolled her eyes and slumped into her pillow back. “I’m getting dizzy here.”

JunSu checked on her temperature. “What the hell Eloise! You are burning! 45 is not a nice number okay! That’s a lot!”

HyeRan also can’t hide her shocked when she heard the number. She puts her hand on her forehead, “!” JunSu takes out some bottles and put it on the table. “Eat this. And please finish up the antibiotics.”

She nodded her head lazily; her head feels so heavy like one tan of rock is inside her head. She can’t hear what JunSu is saying right now because it feels like her ear has been blocked by air pressure. She can feel her eyes starting to close by itself.

JunSu stops blabbing when he saw HyeRan already falls on her deep sleep. He looked at her sympathetically. Last night, JaeJoong already told him everything he knows about HyeRan. Whatever came out from JaeJoong mouth yesterday really make him shocked until he had some troubles to sleep. He really didn’t believe this 26 years old young lady already experienced a lot. He also took the initiative to search about Jung YunHo yesterday. Together, he discussed with JaeJoong what might happen back there in Seoul. Lastly, with uncreative mind of them, they only come out with HyeRan likes YunHo because YunHo is well, handsome and rich and he doesn’t see her like that. Heartbroken, HyeRan fly to New York.

 

 

“Mr. Jung, Mr. Im is on the phone.”

YunHo and SeungHyun looked at each other. They nodded their head before YunHo put the phone on speaker, letting SeungHyun know what will the conversation is about.

“Good morning Mr. Im…” YunHo carefully greets. He really needs help from this man, otherwise, he can bid goodbye to thousands of workers and to the 7 companies they have right now.

“Good morning YunHo..” he can hear Mr. Im voice sounds so can he say happy? Because that’s definitely what he heard just now. Even SeungHyun creased his eyebrow. “Is there anything I can help you?”

“Mr. Im, as you know my company is not in very nice situation.” He paused. “Hmm.. I heard about that. Please go on.”

“Some of my stock holders are ready to back out today.” He finally blurted out his real intention. At first, he thought he is going to lie to Mr. Im. Well, not just he thought about that, he even discussed about that plan with SeungHyun. That’s actually explains on why SeungHyun look so shocked when he just said to Mr. Im about their real intention.

Mr. Im silence, not producing any sound. After somewhat 3 minutes which YunHo feels like 3 hours of silence, Mr. Im finally is talking. “Is Mr. Lee was the head behind all this?”

Both YunHo and SeungHyun shocked! SeungHyun mouthed him ‘how does he even know that?’ YunHo shrugged his shoulders. “If you are talking about the incident, then no. but if you are asking about who will going to back out, then yes. Mr. Lee and the rest of his team ready to take out their share anytime they want.”

He can hear Mr. Im angrily groaned. “Uh-oh. Did I just make him angry?” he whispers to SeungHyun. Before SeungHyun can answered, Mr. Im cuts in, “Oh no. not you. Is that bald Mr. Lee!”

YunHo wants to laugh, however quickly prevent it by biting his lips. Unfortunately for SeungHyun who tried as hard as he can to prevent him from laughing accidentally blurted out a snort sound.

“Yah!” YunHo hissed.

“Sorry.” SeungHyun smiled sheepishly.

“Mr. Im -”

“YunHo, consider yourself lucky because you are my ex- student. I will help you in every way. If that Bald Lee want to back out then let him be. I will invest in your company. Don’t worry!”

SeungHyun and YunHo eyes are widened in shock after they heard what Mr. Im said just now. They pumped their fist in the air excitedly and high five each other. “Send me the contract when I come back in Seoul. Oh yeah SeungHyun, you still don’t know how to stops that snort sound of yours. I heard it every day in my class until I can recognize it already the sound belongs to whom.”

“Arasseo! Thank you Mr. Im!!!” they both chimed in.

“Great! I go spreading the news to other workers. They are worrying sick! Some even searching for other job and you know what they-”

SeungHyun couldn’t finish his sentence because YunHo now is on the floor, fainted.

 

 

Author’s note: so! HyeRan and YunHo fall sick together! I’m going to leave you sneak peek because I doubt I will have a lot of free time starts next week. Thanks for commenting!! I love reading comments!!

 


 

 

@nizzyool: that day will come. I can assure you. :D

@minemine: great to hear you like it! :DD

@Laishayano: he overcomes it!! Yayy!! But not his body! T_T

 

 

SNEAK PEEK

 

“I stared at his pair of eyes. His eyes seem to send me a message however I can’t interpret it. What is he saying?”

“Is that Park HyeRan?” he widened his eyes when he saw she is holding a little girl in her arms and that guy beside her is ruffling her hair. “Is she married?”

“Oppa! ChangMin oppa! Please go to YunHo house faster! He is throwing everything in his sight!” ShinHye cried over the phone.