2

You Belong To Me

 

January, 2 years ago.

 

“I’m back.”

Ri In put on her house slipper and went straight down to the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of water and sit on the couch. Finished, she washed it. She then looked around the 2 story house.

 “Hye Ran can stay in the room upstairs. Yup, that maybe can give her more personal space. Since 3 rooms downstairs already occupied.”

Just when she wants to take her handbag on the kitchen counter, the front door opened and revealed JaeJoong with his daughter.

She glanced at her wrist watch, “Don’t you have appointments today?”

JaeJoong sighed gratefully, “Thank God you are here. I really thought I have to take emergency leave today. I do have one actually. You are free for today right?”

Ri In nodded while picking up little YeRin since that cutie girl already makes her way towards her when JaeJoong asked her just now, “Why?”

“Take care of her. I need to rush to the hospital now. Someone is expecting me.” JaeJoong walks to the door back, “Can you?”

Ri In nodded her head. “By the way, I want to ask you something. Since you are pretty much owner of this house.”

JaeJoong looked up, “What?”

“My friend is going to stay with us. Are you okay with that?”

“Okay, whatever you say.” He winked before going out.

She sighed, she kissed YeRin cheek, “I don’t think he heard what I said just now. It’s okay, let’s give him a surprise.”

 

 

“Hey ladies!” JaeJoong smiled. “Has anyone searched for me today?”

Jasmine nodded her head, “A newly transferred doctor from Seoul searched for you just now. I let her meet with Dr.Kim since you are not here.”

He nodded his head, “her huh? I thought she was supposed to be a guy. So have you got her contact number or something that I can reach her?”

She bend down and grab the post it note that she stick on the computer screen. “She left me with her email address since she has not able to buy a phone. Freshly arrived I think.”

“Oh man. .” He hissed, “She probably hates me right now!”

 

 

“I really hate him!”

 

 

 

She cursed under her breath. “How come he is not there? I thought today is already planned by meeting him and he will find somewhere to let me stay.”

She glanced at the people coming in and out from the Starbucks Coffee. She already in there for almost 3 hours plus the time she chatted with Ri In earlier in the day.

“HyeRan sshi!”

She quickly turned around and saw Ri In holding a little child.

“Hey…” she stands up and surprised when she saw a little child in her arms, shyly looked at her.

“hey there little cutie.” HyeRan slowly pinched YeRin cute chubby cheek.

 

She looks familiar.. have I seen her before?

 

“Thank God you are still here. I want to call you regarding our house, and then I realized I didn’t have your number.”

HyeRan brushed her hair awkwardly, “I don’t have a phone yet.”

Ri In nodded in understanding. “No worries. At least you got yourself a home. Come!”

She holds HyeRan hand and leads her to her car.

Before she stepped into the car, she accidentally glanced to the inside of Starbucks and she caught a guy worker is waving at her while smiling; a gum smile actually.

 

So much like Chang-.. you got to stop HyeRan..

 

She showed him a weak smile and get inside the car. HyeRan turned to the back, “you are so cute..!”

The driver puts on her seatbelt, “Ready? We will be going back to the house first and then we will ask the man to help you move your stuff.”

HyeRan turned her body to the front, “Is that okay? I don’t want to burden the guys.”

“Even if we didn’t ask, them both will surely help. Luckily their shift end at 6 today. Consider yourself lucky agasshi.”

They both smiled sweetly towards each other and YeRin let out a giggle sound.

 

 

>You received a text message<

JunSu creased his right eyebrow, 

Come home early tonight.

                                From: Love

 

 

Just when he wants to put back his phone in his pocket, his hyung called. “Yes?”

“Yah! What are you planning with Ri In tonight?”

JunSu plopped on the couch in his office and rubbed his temples, “Nothing. Why?”

“Then why she wants me to come back early?”

“How should I know. Yah! I’m hanging up!”

With that he hung up and quickly put it in his pocket. JaeJoong ruffled his own hair, “Aish this duckbutt!”

 

 

 

6.30 sharp, Ri In heard someone punched in the security number to enter their house. She stands up and walked to the door, ready to help his husband.

“Hi dear…” Ri In kissed his cheek and took his briefcase. JaeJoong make a face when JunSu looks so happy when his wife greets him.

“YeRin ah.. Appa here!”

 

At least I got a daughter, tch!

 

However, unlike always, YeRin didn’t come to him. He waits there until JunSu already enter his room.

“Yah, where’s my daughter?”

Ri In turned, slightly smack her forehead, “she’s upstairs.”

“What?? Alone?! Yahh!!”

JaeJoong threw his briefcase on the couch and sprinted upstairs. He heard YeRin cute giggles sound at the hallway, “What is she doing here alone?”

He quickly opens the door of the first room there and immediately shocked when he saw a stranger there.

“Who are you?!”

Shocked, HyeRan quickly stands up and bows, “My name is Eloise Park. I’m Ri In friend.”

HyeRan grew uncomfortable when she realized JaeJoong is staring at her right now.

 

 

 

 

She’s beautiful.

 

JaeJoong eyes her from head to toe; she is wearing a simple white stripes long sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans and cream colored scarf around her neck since it still cold out there. Her long black hair was tied in loose bun and the dim light in the room makes her face looks so soft.

He opens his mouth to speak, but none came out. He lost in his own world. This girl in front of him just makes his heart starts to beating fast actually. He just silently hopes that she doesn’t hear his heartbeat.

 

Pfft.. of course she didn’t heard it..

 

He shook that thought off his mind; however, it seems Ri In heard his. She tapped on his shoulder, “You should control that thing.” She placed her right hand on JaeJoong chest.

“What?” he said it in irritate tone.

“Appa…”

Everybody looked at that little YeRin on the bed; she put out her both hands to JaeJoong direction. “Okay.” JaeJoong went forward and easily scoop her.  “You have a new friend huh?”

YeRin nodded her head, “Eloise umma..”

JaeJoong and HyeRan immediately have pinkness on their both cheek. Not because of the temperature of course.

Ri In and JunSu who just joined them just now smiled teasingly.

 

JaeJoong likes this girl..

 

He clears his throat, “I’ll go down first. Come YeRin!” he kissed her nose.

HyeRan awkwardly smiled to Ri In, “That’s awkward.”

Both HyeRan and JunSu still didn’t notice each other presence in there because just now JunSu was so focused on JaeJoong behavior.

“Dr. Kim?”

JunSu turned his head and look at HyeRan. “I’m sorry. But who-” he grinned. And at that moment, HyeRan definitely saw the cutest grins ever.

“Eloise Park.” They said it together.. “we met earlier in the day.” HyeRan continues.

Junsu snapped his finger. “I’m sorry. I should have noticed you before.”

“Wait! You both know each other?” Ri In hangs her right hand around JunSu neck.

“She’s a doctor.”

“I’m a doctor.”

JunSu and HyeRan once again said it together.

“This is just getting better!” Ri In clapped her hand cutely. “Oh yeah, oppa, HyeRan will be staying with us. So, can you and JaeJoong oppa help her move her things?”

“What can I get for return?”

HyeRan notices that JunSu smiled is different with his smiles towards her and now she feels so awkward standing there and watching these two.

“Oppa! HyeRan is there. Shame on you.”  She playfully smacked JunSu arm.

“Arasso..I go ask for hyung help.”

JunSu then left the two women alone. Ri In turned to HyeRan, “Why you didn’t tell me you are a doctor?”

“I totally forgot about that. Mian.”

“Nevermind.” Ri In slipped her hair on one side, “Let’s get down.”

 

 

“Hyung!”

JunSu knocked on JaeJoong room door. “Hyung!”

“Bwoh?!”

JaeJoong didn’t even open the door, he simply shout from inside. JunSu sighed and enter the room.

“Help me to move Eloise things.”

JaeJoong looks at him questioningly, “E who?”

“Eloise. A.k.a HyeRan. Come! Let’s go!” JunSu picked up YeRin who is playing on the bed with her stuffed toys, “you will stay with Auntie Ri In alright!”

YeRin nodded her head. “Good!” JunSu kissed her long wavy hair, just like his wife.

JaeJoong put on suitable clothes and take a look at the mirror, “I’m hot!”

 

 

They both are standing at the doorway while putting on their shoes when Ri In walked to them, “JaeJoongie oppa. You remember I asked for your permission right?”

“What permission?”

HyeRan is standing behind the wall, trying to hear what JaeJoong answer is since she obviously know what is JunSu answer about her staying with them, except JaeJoong. That guy is one mysterious guy, she thought.

“About HyeRan staying here. With us. You said ok earlier.”

“Bwoh? HyeRan?”

Shocked, he accidentally slipped on his own shoes and falls on the floor.

“gwenchana hyung?”JunSu helped him. JaeJoong clears his throat, “alright. I can’t say no didn’t I? since she’s already here.”

With that answer, he earned himself a smack on the right arm from Jang Ri In, “Ow!!!” he rubbed his arm furiously, “What was that for?!”

“Be nice. She is here. How can you say that!”

He glares at Ri In, “You definitely a lady in this house doesn’t you. I’m the oppa here. Remember that.” Ri In just stuck out her tongue.

“Come on.. Let’s go!” JunSu drags JaeJoong away, while he is turning to the door, he quickly take a chance to peck on Ri In lips. “You are the only one can make him like that! Good job!” he shows her thumb up.

Ri In giggles, making the person behind the wall giggles too.

“Yah! What are you giggling about?” Ri In smirked.

“Omo!”

 

 

“Seriously… she always gets on my nerve!” JaeJoong complained while pulling the seatbelt over his waist.

 

 

He stills remember how innocent Ri In was when he first met her. That day, on that blissful day, he woke up early and decided to make breakfast for his brother. He thought he was the earliest, not knowing that JunSu already running for almost 5 rounds at the nearby park. When he finished, he knocked on JunSu door. Of course there’s nobody answered. He went downstairs and JunSu just enter the house.

“Where did you go?”

“Jogs.”

“What jog? You are sweating like you are showering.”

“Hyung. I already made a decision.”

“What?”

“ I’ll propose to Ri In, today. During dinner. And I want you to be there. Can you?”

He warmly smiled, “Of course. Anything for my brother.”

JunSu went forward, tried to hugged JaeJoong, he quickly stops him, “Shower first, then hug me. You are so stinky!” he pinched his nose.

JunSu let out his famous laugh, Eunkyangkyang.

“Arasso.”

So, during night, Ri In shocked to see that JaeJoong joined her dinner with JunSu, she just wants to ask him why but JunSu suddenly kneeled in front of her. With teary eyes, he asked the most precious sentence every girl wants to hear from her dream man.

“Will you marry me?”

She doesn’t have to take time to think, of course she said yes.

“Yes.”

 

 

“She’s so different when I first met her!” JunSu laughed, “I still see she is the same. Except she is no longer afraid of you hyung.”

“Whatever.” JaeJoong smirked.

 

 

“Are you sure this is hers?” Kim JaeJoong asked. He looked around the store room and smiled, “well at least we didn’t get tired.”

“Wait, I call Ri In first.” JunSu placed his iPhone on his ear.

 

“Babe, can I talk to Eloise?”

“Sure. Hold up.”

“Hello..”

“Eloise, are you sure you gave us the correct address?”

“Sure. Why?”

“Well.. surprisingly, your things…”

“I only got few of it. The biggest is my 6Kg luggage.”

“Right we got it. We’ll go home in few minutes. ”

“thanks. I will let Ri In know.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

 

JunSu shoved the iPhone in his pocket, “Yup. That only.” He pointed to the store room that consists of few boxes and one big luggage.

“alright. Let’s keep going. I miss my daughter.” JaeJoong picks up few boxes.

“You miss YeRin or YeRin umma to be?”

JaeJoong kicks JunSu leg, “Yahh!!”

 

 

“Ri In, they are coming.”

“Ok, I put YeRin to sleep first then we will spend late night together.”

She nodded her head. Ri In walked passed her to put YeRin in JaeJoong room. She stands up and walks to the big window that shows New York City view since they are living in luxurious condo, top floor.

She might be staring at the view but her mind is somewhere else. She is thinking about someone, someone that holds so many meaning in her life. What is he doing now? Did he eat already? Is he working late again tonight?

“Tonight…” She said above whispers.

 

It’s their wedding night, first night together as husband and wife.

 

How about ChangMin senior? Is he okay? She should be right beside him. They both are heartbroken over the same thing. She should just bring him here. But that can’t be done. ShinHye unnie need ChangMin senior beside her, to let her get through the wedding.

If ShinHye unnie have ChangMin senior, what about that person? Who is there for him?

It should be her, right?

“Please remember that I always love you.” HyeRan wipes away a tear that escaped her eyes.

 

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

 

She quickly turned around, “Kim JaeJoong sshi…”

 

 

 

Jung YunHo stared at his phone. He is sitting on the couch while holding his phone. It’s has been 8 hours HyeRan leave Seoul.

“She will never call.”

ChangMin voice shocked him. He turns around. “What do you mean?”

He walks to him, “She left this for you.” Holding a disk, he puts in on the coffee table.

“What’s that?”

He shrugged his shoulders, “I’m sure she left something different for you.”

YunHo stands up and picks up the disk he knows what’s in there. HyeRan last message to everyone.

“What did she said to you?”

“She will never come back, never contact any of us. She wants us to remember that 14 years old Park HyeRan, not the adult HyeRan.”

“Did she tell you where will she be going?”

ChangMin shook his head.

YunHo puts back the disk on the coffee table. “If that’s the case, I don’t have to watch this DVD right? It’s no use. She had made her decision. It doesn’t make any different if I watch it. You better take this away.”

“YunHo hyung…”

YunHo climbed up the stairs, “Just do as I said Shim ChangMin. I don’t need it.”

ChangMin sighed, when YunHo already called his full name, it means you better do as what he said. He then looked at the disk in his hand now.

“Too much broken hearts.”

 

YunHo lied on his bed while staring at the ceiling, thinking what he should do with his life now. His pair of eyes then landed on the photo frame on his desk.

HyeRan and him were laughing in the picture while they have white stains on their nose. It was ice cream vanilla flavored. At first it was HyeRan who accidentally bumped her nose with the ice cream when she tried to take a bite of her ice cream, he was laughing out loud and HyeRan took revenged by smacking her ice cream directly to his nose.

A nearby photographer snaps just in time of their moment and gave it to them for free.

 It was a wonderful moment for them as at that time everyone is not in Seoul. They got to spend many days together, even spend a night together. Just peacefully sleeping beside each other, enjoys each other presence, not doing anything and not talking either.

 

“If that’s what you want…”

 

 

He stands up, taking the photo frame.

 

 

“I will make sure your dream come true.”

 

 

With that, he strongly threw the photo frame in the dustbin.

 

 

At the same time, Ri In who is washing the glass accidentally drops it on the floor, making a loud crashing sound. HyeRan jumped a little, JunSu quickly rushing to Ri In side, examined her. While JaeJoong step forward towards HyeRan. 

 

"Are you okay?"