37

You Belong To Me

Hyeran wakes up from her bed and groggily walks to her bathroom. Inside, she brushes her teeth and wash her face. Then she quickly pulled the curtain shower to refresh her body. Last night the unexpected operation really all her remaining energy.

After making her bed, she walks out from her bedroom and walks towards the her kitchen. “What should I eat today?” she hummed a familiar song on the radio nowadays while taking out few fresh vegetables. Closing the fridge door back, she taps on Kris picture that he left before he went to God knows where.

It’s has been 3 months Hyeran is staying at Kris loft. Turns out the ex-model has write a will saying if he didn’t come back to his loft for more than 3 days then the loft is hers. She only knows about it after Kris ex-manager came to see her a day after she got back from Seoul. She was shocked, totally. But still, since it was Kris will, she sincerely accepts it. But somehow, the word will has make her heart grew uncomfortable, thinking that maybe Kris has made a wrong choice. That’s why, everyday, she will check up on the newspaper, searching for a news that will relate with him. However when she couldn’t find one, she will have a mixed feeling. Relieved because it means he is still alive out there, worried because he still yet to be found.

Telling JaeJoong is another problem. Apparently, Jaejoong already know about her intention to move out as he heard from Junsu and Ri In conversation. He throws a fit! And the nice heart Jihye also asks her to stay in the same house. Well, she is going to accept it if it’s not because of Yunho. The man that still calls her a night and will talks to her until she falls asleep. On the day that she went to move all her things, JaeJoong keep himself in the room and gave her one week of silence treatment.

So now, she already live in Kris loft for 3 months. She also get Kris’s car and his Starbucks. It looks like she got married with an old rich guy and after he dies, she gets all the wealth. Which she realized she sounds like Jessica Wu, or should she pronounced Jessica Jung?

“Kris.” She breathes out his name. she scans around the loft. “How did you stay here all alone?” when she moved to this loft, she realized Kris has taken all his things away, except one thing. His picture that he paste it on the fridge door. The picture was taken by her actually. During one of their outing.

 

 

Jihye rubs her eyes tiredly but still manage to curved up a smile when she see JaeJoong face in front of her. “Stupid. Didn’t even tell me that you want to come over.” She realized, since Hyeran is not staying at his house, JaeJoong starts to spend his free time at her place. Not to mention her studio apartment is closer to hospital than his loft. JaeJoong stirred when Jihye starts to run her long slender fingers on his arm.

“I’m hungry, did you cook anything?” JaeJoong speaks although his eyes still closed. “I can make pancakes if you want.”

He shook his head. “I had enough pancake. Ri In always made that.” Slowly, he straight up his posture, now they are sitting facing each other. She giggles over his messy hair, JaeJoong just let out a smile. “let’s eat outside. I know a place that sell delicious brunch in town.” She nodded, kissing his cheek before she gets up and get ready at the other room since JaeJoong doesn’t seem want to walk out from her room.

JaeJoong looks at his reflection on the mirror right beside the bed, that stupid grin is still on his face but he likes it. When he around Jihye, he feels like he has become teenager version of Kim JaeJoong. And he glad. Because this feeling he didn’t get from Jessica.

Jessica. Since their last encounter at the park three months ago, he had never see her since. Part of him is relieved, means he doesn’t need to face her anymore. But a part of him is afraid, afraid that Jessica will come to his life again.

Jihye voice calling for him makes him jolted up.

“Let’s go.” He gets up from the bed and after fixing his shirt, they walk out from Jihye apartment with intertwined fingers.

 

 

Autumn has starts kicking in New York and that’s mean Yeonhee is in the month where she was due to give birth. The last time incident has make both of them worried with their baby safety as turns out Yeonhee cell cancer has spread to almost every part of her body. The doctor has told her to abort the baby as it will harm both son and mother.

Yoochun didn’t say yes or no towards her decision. He just want to know that he respects every decision Yeonhee made. And of course, everybody will know Yeonhee decided to keep her baby not matter how dangerous her life might be. She knows she will not have so many times anymore.

Yoona has been actively taking care of her and sometimes she even need to remind Yoochun to take his medicine too.

“Hello.”

“Oppa, where are you?”

“at the hospital. Why?”

“Is Yeonhee is giving birth already??”

He chuckles, “not yet pabo. Come here if you want to see me. I will wait for you.”

“alright, I will be there in 15. Let’s have lunch together too.”

“arasseo arasseo. Just come here safely.”

Yoona just left their room when Yoochun hung up the phone. He faces his wife, “Hyeran is coming.” She weakly nodded her head. “Oppa…” she pats the empty space beside her. Yoochun walks to her bed and land on the white bed sheet.

“Oppa..” Yeonhee leaned on Yoochun shoulder. “I’m tired.” He heart is breaking when he see how pale Yeonhee face is. She also has dropped so many weight since she barely consume any food. She only forces herself to eat when he remind her about their child, their son, their Park Chanyeol.

“take a rest then.” Yoochun caresses her cheek. “I’m sorry Yeonhee.” He slightly turns his head and land a kiss on her forehead. “you should be happily live with me after we get married. But now you are suffering because of me.” Yeonhee smiles weakly. “Don’t say that oppa. I was the one who chased you first. I like you from the moment I land my eyes on you.”

“I know.”

Yeonhee laughs slowly. “Oppa, when do you want to go back to Seoul?”

That question caught him off guarded. He faces her. “Why all of the sudden?”

“whatever problems you have with your parent, you may forget it now. Even Hyeran already gain her company back. So you didn’t have to feel guilty anymore.”

He knows, he knows he should go back to his parent since the case between them and Hyeran already solved. As he just found out the real reason why his mother always treats Hyeran badly is because they want Hyeran’s company.

Hyeran has a company actually, her late parent has named her as the only person who will be the owner of the company that his parent currently work on. But his parent became greedy, they want to be the owner, not just Hyeran substitute. He don’t really know the details actually since Hyeran is not on the mood to tell him on that day. But what he does know that Hyeran already transferred all her shares to his parent in other word, she gave his parent, her company. However, when Hyeran ran away to New York, his parent has transferred half of the company shares under Hyeran name without she knows about it.

“are you ready to go back?” holding her both hand, Yoochun saw Yeonhee nodded her head. “Okay, after Chanyeol is born and when your health is better, then we can go back. This time, for good.”

“Arasseo.” She leaned back on her husband long arm.

 

 

Jihye walks hand in hand with JaeJoong while her eyes keep looking at the store by the roadside. JaeJoong has decided to park his car a lil bit further as he wants to take a walk with her. Smilingly, they enter the brunch restaurant together. Few of the workers smile when they saw JaeJoong.

“Are you regular here?” she asked when they both get in the line to order. “Yeah. Kind of. I always eat here when I have 1 hour of break.”

She looks at him, “You should tell me. I can at least cook something for you other than you eat this every day.” She runs her hand through JaeJoong black hair. “I don’t want to trouble you. Plus I sometimes get an emergency case. So I don’t know when will I have my one hour break.” JaeJoong pulls her hand from his hair and caresses his thumb on the back of her palm. Together they step one step forward since the earlier customer has done.

“Hello Dr. Kim..”

“Hello..” JaeJoong greets the worker in return. He places his arm around Jihye waist and they both made their order.

“Is that all you need?” he turns to his fiancée and she nodded. “That’s all.”

The worker then stated the total amount and this time JaeJoong successfully pay for their both meal. Together, they walk to the vacant table in the restaurant. They both sit opposite of each other.

JaeJoong stares at the lady in front of him and Jihye notices it. “What? There’s something on my face?”

He nodded. “what? Where?” she runs her fingers on her face and try to check her face through the reflection on the mirror beside her. He laughed. “I’m just kidding.”

She stops and scoffed. “such a lame tactic Jae.”

“But still you fall for it.”

They both then continue on having a simple discussion about their wedding details since Jihye right now is so busy with the upcoming project the she received from Seoul and JaeJoong also busy with his report since the head of the hospital will come by this week to check up on all the doctors work.

“you already went to wedding dress fitting session?” he sips his black coffee while his eyes still didn’t leave hers.

She nodded after taking a bite of her food. “you still didn’t test yours?”

“not yet. I thought I want to go with you together this Friday. Is that okay with you?”

She smiles, happy when JaeJoong wants her to come to.

“Okay, but I don’t want to see you in tux, it will spoil the surprises.” He rolled his eyes. “What-” she tried to protest when suddenly a lady stands beside the table. Jihye wants to call JaeJoong since he is looking at his food, no noticing the lady at all, “Jae-”.

“Joongie.”

JaeJoong eyes widened. He looks up and turns to his left.

 

                                                             

 

There, the lady that has broke his heart for so many years is standing in front of him. He then turns to Jihye, that girl is looking at Jessica with a confused face. She then turns to JaeJoong.

“Joongie.”

He grips his hand. “I’ve told you. Don’t call me that. Your Joongie is dead already.” He wipes his mouth with napkins and throw it on the table. “Jihye, let’s go. I have no appetite to eat anymore.”

Jihye who is obviously didn’t know that is Jessica who standing in front of her quickly dabbed the napkin on her lips and her hand being held by JaeJoong who quickly leaves the restaurant.

“How can you do that to me Joongie..” Jessica whispered.

 

“Hello mother~~~~” Hyeran greets loudly once she entered Yeonhee ward room. Yoochun who is typing something on his laptop quickly stands up and walks to her. Yeonhee is smiling when she saw her. He has working from the hospital for a week already.

“Hi Ran.” Yoochun kisses her cheek and takes the bouquet of flowers in her arms and puts it on the coffee table. “Hello..” Yeonhee waves her hand to her. Hyeran quickly walks to her and kiss her cheek too. “How’s the baby?”

“There’s has been a slightly issues but now the baby is good.” Hyeran is nodded her head but once she saw her oppa expression, she knows the thing that Yeonhee told just now is no good news.

She stays around for a few minutes in the room when suddenly Yoochun asks her to accompany him to have his meal. Yeonhee nodded in understandingly.

They both entered the elevator and Hyeran pressed the G button. She crossed her arms and look at her oppa. He stills seems in his deep thought. Once they arrived at the cafeteria, Hyeran and Yoochun off to grab whatever they want to eat. Once they settled, they both seat at one of the cafeteria table.

“oppa, tell me. What happened?”

“Huh?” startled, he shook his head. “Nothing.” He smiles reassuringly.

“oppa, I have known you since I was six, that ‘nothing’ is not getting over me already. Stop hiding. What actually happened? You know I have the right to care about you right?” she holds his hand.

He sighed, putting down his spoon, he looks straight into her eyes.

“after Yeonhee giving birth, we will move to Seoul.”

She accidentally drop her waffle on the plate. “wait, what do you mean by we?”

“Yeonhee, me and my child.”

She stares at him and when Yoochun didn’t show any expression, she knows he just telling her the truth. “why of all the sudden?”

“My wife need a parent love and my child need his grandparent.”

“Then what about you?”

“As long as they are happy then it’s fine with me.”

She sighed, taking back her waffle, “arasseo oppa. Whatever you do, you will have my support.”

He smiles towards her, “Thank you.”

 

 

“JaeJoong..” Jihye called his name. “Jae…” she glances towards her wrist and saw how tight he is holding her and how red has her wrist turns to. “Jae!”

He stops abruptly and turns back, facing Jihye. “what?”

“You are hurting me.” She yanks her hand away and winced when the wind softly blew on the red marks part. He widened his eyes when he see how red her wrist is. “I did this?” he hold it using his both hand while scanning at it. “I’m sorry…”

“What’s wrong with you?” she winced again when JaeJoong blew on her wrist.

“You wait here, I will get the car and we go to my office.”

She obediently nodded her head and watched JaeJoong runs to his car.

The ride to the hospital is in silence, when Jihye glances towards him, she will saw how tensed his face is. She wants to help him but if he doesn’t want to tell her, then what can she do?

They arrived to the hospital, after parked his car, JaeJoong leads Jihye to his office. Few of the doctors recognizes Jihye as sometimes she will drop by. JaeJoong closed the door when they reached his office. he walks to his desk and pulled out a drawer where he stores his emergency kit.

“come here.” Jihye scooted over him and JaeJoong rest her wrist on his lap. While putting some cream on her wrist, he didn’t noticed that Jihye is staring at her who is currently enjoying the serious look on JaeJoong. Suddenly JaeJoong feels some weight on his arm and see his fiancée leans on his arm while facing backside.

Immediately all his body parts grew soft. “I’m sorry.” Jihye didn’t look back but she nodded her head. “are you mad at me?” she shook her head. “don’t want to look at me?”

Jihye didn’t answered.

“Jihye ah..” he puts the cream on the table and face her. He heard a soft hum from her.

“tell me, what can I do for you to face me.” He caressed her wrist.

She is on verge of tears actually. Don’t know why but seeing how he got this mad when he saw that girl just now, that lady probably leave a very deep impression in his life she becomes sad. Sad because clearly JaeJoong doesn’t trust her.

When Jihye didn’t answered him. He hold both of Jihye arms and make her to face him. Once she is turned, a fresh tear drop slid down on her cheek. He grew alarmed. He wipes it using his thumb.

“why are you crying?”

“Jae, if you don’t trust on me then how are we suppose to live together?”

He sighed. “that lady just now is Yerin biological mother.” Jihye has a shocked expression on her face. “then? Does she wants to get back with you?” she doesn’t realized it but she said it above whispers.

He shook his head. “I already have you. And she lost her chance many years ago. Actually I already met her 3 months ago.”

Jihye lost her grip. “No no no. hear me out first. She came to me, but as soon as I saw her, I quickly walk way.” He wrapped his arms around Jihye neck. “my future is with you now. Next month we are going to married already. Don’t think I don’t trust you or whatsoever. I want us to work out okay.” She nodded. “does it still hurt?”

She shook her head.

“I don’t want to lose you and Yerin, that’s why I don’t want to see her.” He kissed her cheek. “let’s go to see our wedding dress this Friday okay.”

She nodded her head and received a chaste kiss by her future husband.

 

 

“Busy?”

Yunho blinked when he saw the pop up chat from his screen. When he saw the name that appeared, he smilingly replied.

Jung Hyeran eh?  

Hyeran manages to check on few patient result that she bought back home before Yunho replies her.

“Not really. Why?”

“you are pretty early in the office. it was like 9 am there.”

“I need to prepare few files to be in meeting later. Had your dinner already?”

She shook her head as if Yunho can see her.

“I have a feeling that you skipped dinner tonight.”

“how did you know that?”

Yunho glances at the clock, he still have 3 hours to his first meeting of the day. Putting aside his report, he focuses on chatting with his fiancée.

“you are my future wife, of course I will know that.”

She blushed. How can he simply said that. “then we will have a boring married life.”

He raised his eyebrow when typing down, “why so?”

“because you know everything about me. I got nothing to offer you anymore.”

He laughed. This girl. Always thinking the negative side of a matter. “seriously, you really should start thinking positively. Although you already know that particular person habit like the back of your hand, but still, that will not lead to a boring life. We will learn, Park Hyeran.”

She reads his long replies and nodded her head. Always full of solid answer, that’s him. Always supporting her no matter what she does, that’s him.

“didn’t go down to hang tonight?”

The sudden beep from her screen make her jumped a bit. “Nope. Jihye and JaeJoong went out for a date. Yerin is still at school, she will be back this weekend though. And that Suyin couple,” they already start calling them Suyin couple as they rarely apart. “are meeting their friends. Probably will stay out late night.”

“ok. How’s the loft?”

 

The loft, she still remembers, the time that she told him that Kris gave her the loft so she didn’t need to find other house, Yunho actually didn’t like the idea. He said, “it’s not like I’m not capable enough to support you with a house.”

And she tried to reasoned with him by saying, “Just act like I’m taking care of this loft until Kris get back and I will get transferred to Seoul.”

By the mentioned of the word ‘transferred’, Yunho half-heartedly agreed to it. 

 

“It’s okay. How’s the plan about you coming to stay here during winter?”

“I already have the meeting with the staff last week. By right, everything will work as we planned.”

“great! I can’t wait to meet you.”

“2 months more. ”

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for all the comments! but I hardly replied it because I'm updating the chapter in my office. BUT! I really really really aprreciated each of the comment you wrote down there. updating a chapter but not getting any response is kinda let me down, but I really enjoyed writing, thus the increasing number of chapter. have fun! ^^