15

You Belong To Me

 

Since that day, HyeRan health has been pretty good and she finally released from her own room in the hospital. JaeJoong has given her a good lecture on how she is a doctor but still couldn’t take care of herself and she responded by sticking in the earphone in her ear lobes.

Kris was safely arrived at Incheon Airport at 4 in the morning and went back to his house quickly; ready to meet with HyeRan the next day.

Morning comes; HyeRan and Ri In are in the kitchen as usual, making breakfast for another 3 person in the house.

Them five then had their hearty breakfast happily, JaeJoong sometimes caught himself peeking at how HyeRan will sometimes give a blank stare at the married couple and she will quickly shook her head before continue eating her breakfast.

Just when he finished wiping his mouth, he heard the doorbell rings. “I’ll get it.” He said before kissing YeRin cheek and proceeds to the door. He opens the door and stared at the person standing in front of him.

“Hey Kris.” He greeted. Kris is taken aback by JaeJoong cold voice towards him; he thought they will back to normal after he is in okay terms with HyeRan. “Hey J.” JaeJoong went forward and pats his shoulder, “I’m sorry for that day okay. Let’s just say I’m not in the mood.” Kris smirked, “Why? Are you on period?” they both laughed shortly and he invites Kris to enter his house.

“Everybody, Kris decide to stop by.” JaeJoong announced, Ri In saw him and quickly frowned her eyebrows. JunSu saw that, he bend a little bit and whispered, “be nice. He is HyeRan guest.” Ri In saw how YeRin is giggling when Kris tickles her with showering her with his kisses on her face. She gasped when suddenly Kris eyes landed on her. “Good morning Mrs. Kim.”

HyeRan chuckled, “she sounds so old when you called her that.” Kris then turned to her, “You. What had happened?” She let out her nervous chuckled. “It’s nothing. I’m fine now.” JaeJoong who just got out from his room went to them, “yeah right. Ask anyone here, everybody will say the same thing to her, she is so damn sick until she was unconscious.”

“JaeJoong!!” Ri In quickly covers YeRin ear. “You know your daughter listen English well than any other languages out there.” HyeRan and JunSu high fived each other while Kris are watching them with amusement.

On the other side, YunHo was released after 3 days in the ward. ChangMin has showed everyone that he is indeed YunHo best friend as he taken care all the hospital procedure and even asked ShinHye to cook him his favorite abalone porridge. Not only that, ChangMin had made YunHo promised him that he will take care of his body or he will arranged a blind date for the oh so great Jung YunHo. Of course, YunHo will listen to him because the last thing he want to do is, go for a blind date.

Just like that, 1 year has slowly passed. HyeRan has been accepted nicely by her co-workers and she is doing greatly on her job performance. Making few of her seniors praised her on how she is quickly adapted with the working environment. If she is good at the hospital, she is good in her home too. Her cooking skills have increased nicely with the help from Kim Ri In. she now can cooks some of Korean dishes and Chinese dishes too. The little girl, Kim YeRin is also getting more comfortable with HyeRan.  

Is the usual Sunday afternoon in Kim Loft. JaeJoong is sitting on the floor while helping YeRin with her homework which is to finish a page on her coloring book, and today, she decided to color bunny happy family. The page consists of 3 smiling bunny standing in front of their house and from the scarf on that particular bunny; clearly shown she is the Mommy Bunny. The other bunny wear round spectacle and has moustache under his nose, well he is the Daddy Bunny. JaeJoong looked at his daughter and smiled. His ex-wife beauty is clearly shown on her face. YeRin only got his lips and eyes.

“Hey sunshine!”

JaeJoong looked up, pleased when he sees she is home. “Hello daddy.” HyeRan greets him too. “Hi grandma.” She makes a face but still plopped down beside YeRin who is too focused on coloring her homework until she didn’t hear HyeRan greets her just now.

“Where are you from?”

JaeJoong asked while taking the blur color pencil and smeared it on the bunny house roof. HyeRan left after Ri In and JunSu left.

“I went out with Kris.” Her short simple answered has made JaeJoong colored the roof top in dark blue. “Oh yeah? did you have a good time?”

HyeRan slips YeRin hair behind YeRin ear and nodded. “Yup. Except he is really well known with the ladies.” She chuckled when she remembered how Kris is trying to run away from the few girls that chasing him. JaeJoong smiled, “that’s what you get if you date a runaway model.”

“What? Who told you that? Who dated him?”

He looked at her, “don’t you?”

“Yah Dr. Kim JaeJoong, tell me, who told you that? I will not date Kris. He is like my younger brother.”

“Yeah, a little brother that loves you.” he answered.

HyeRan clears , “Yeah about that…”

 

FLASHBACKS

“Here is your order sir.” Kris smiled when the waiter served them a very big plate of sandwiches. “Thanks.” He looked at HyeRan. “Want me to serve you?”

 She nodded, “yeah. thanks.” Them both giggled and Kris nicely put 1/6 pieces on her plate and another 1/6 on his plate. She quickly take a bite, “it’s true. This is really good.”

He nodded his head, “told you.”

They both chit chatting while slowly finishing the big sandwiches. When HyeRan can’t eat it no more, Kris help them to finish it. Wasting food is a big no no for him.

“Eloise, do you still remember why we didn’t talk to each other?” Kris wipes his mouth and takes a sip of his plain water.

“Yup. You confessed to me.”

He smirked, silently praising HyeRan for saying this thing so relaxingly. She mentioned it like he just said his favorite color to her.

“uh huh..”

“So what’s about that?”

“I just want to clarify that at that time; you and JaeJoong didn’t hear me thoroughly.” He saw HyeRan still have a calm expression on her face, “It’s true that I love you. but not as a lover, I love you as a sister.”

He looked up at her and saw she is smiling.

“I know Kris. That’s why I went to you on the other day. We both need each other in that kind of way.”

Kris holds her hand on the table and squeezed it.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“He said that?” JaeJoong is now in the kitchen making a glass of iced coffee for him.

She nodded her head, “I’m glad you already apologized to him.” He clears his throat.

HyeRan stands up, ready to go to her room to get changed. She walks to JaeJoong and pats his back, “I will be in my room, enjoying a great time to sleep. Kris has disturbed me.”

He nodded his head and HyeRan off to her bed.

 

JaeJoong grabs one of his currently on going novels on the book racks in the living room before plopping beside his daughter.

“I guess having her as my best friend or my little sister is quite good too.”

He peeked at his daughter and saw she is already 89% done. He then leaned on the couch and read his novel.

After about 30 minutes later, JaeJoong take a break from his reading and while pinching his nose, he bend down a little to peek on his daughter. Just what he expected, little Kim YeRin is sleeping after finishes the bunny house. JaeJoong changes his position to squatting down to clean up the color pencil. Just when he finished, he saw the word that YeRin scribbled on top of the bunny head.

On the Daddy Bunny, YeRin wrote there, ‘Dad’, on the baby Bunny, she wrote, ‘Me’ and when it comes to Mommy Bunny, YeRin wrote, ‘I don’t have a mommy. I heard my auntie said mommy left me. She hates me.’

JaeJoong choked when he saw that. Since when she has that thought? Come to think of it, it’s probably a long time already because in the past, Ri In always go ballistic whenever she saw him looking like a zombie caused by his ex-wife. He caressed YeRin cheek, “I don’t like her but I don’t want you to have ill thought about your mother either. Bad or good, she is still your mother. The reason why you are here.”

 

“Thanks darling. I love you.” Ri In reward JunSu with a peck for taking her to everywhere she wants today. She really enjoys the day where she can spend alone with JunSu. She opens the door and put the grocery on top of the kitchen counter. She walks to her bedroom to changes and JunSu helps Ri In by putting the groceries to their respective place. Finished, he walks to his bedroom, ready to get change too. Just when he passed the living room, he saw JaeJoong and YeRin are sleeping beside each other.

JunSu smiled upon seeing that. “Why are you standing there?” Ri In tied her hair and walks to her husband. JunSu put his index finger to his lips and asks Ri In to look at JaeJoong.

“Awww….” She squealed in whispers. “But how come they slept there?”

JunSu shook his head, these two has so much in resemblance. YeRin maybe look alike her mother but she is becoming more JaeJoong like now. he walks to them, ready to pick up YeRin and put her on her bed. Ri In joins him too, she wants to clean up all the messed these two made earlier.

JunSu carefully placed YeRin on her bed and pulled the cover. After making sure she is comfortable, he left the room. When he comes back, he saw his wife sitting on the couch while covering while JaeJoong already wakes up and sits beside Ri In.

“What-”

“Oppa…” Ri In said above whispers. JunSu walks to her. “What happen?” he looks at JaeJoong. “Hyung, what happen?” Ri In hands him YeRin coloring book. JunSu at first smiles when he saw how pretty YeRin has colored the bunny family. But when his eyes landed on the few sentences

“Poor little kid.” All he can say. JaeJoong looks empty while Ri In is already crying. “Ri In. Don’t blames yourself.” JaeJoong said. “Yeah Ri In. Don’t blame yourself. I know you feel awful after seeing what YeRin wrote here but still she will know about this someday.”

Ri In wipes away her tears and she quickly kneeled in front of JaeJoong. “Oppa, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to let YeRin heard what I said to you in the past.” JaeJoong quickly helps Ri In to stand up. “Ri In, please don’t do this to me. You are making it harder. I don’t mind if she knew about her mother actually. So please get up.”

Slowly, Ri In stands up and JunSu wrapped his left hand over her shoulder. “Ri In ah.. Don’t cry anymore. JaeJoong hyung is alright with this.” Ri In nodded, “I’m sorry.” At last she stops crying. JaeJoong smiles, “now, let’s live happily.” Ri In laughed.

 

 

“Oppa, do you still remember about the project that you asked me to handle it?” Ri In asked when they all are having their dinner. JaeJoong at that time who is feeding YeRin turned to her. “School for the needy?”

HyeRan silently watching them both, wondering what are they talking about actually.

“Yes. About that. We are done with the floor plan. If you have time, can you come to the office tomorrow?” Ri In puts some vegetables in JunSu plate. “We also got a company that interested in your project.”

JaeJoong smiled, “really?”

She nodded her head, “They are new in New York actually but we can take this as a chance to introduce to everyone about your school and the company. The good part is they willing to help without getting any credit.”

“May I know what the name of this company is?”

HyeRan is done with her meal, so she stands up and walk to the kitchen to washes to plate. She decided to study about a case before going to work tomorrow and proceed to her room after saying good night to everyone.

Ri In turned to JaeJoong after watching HyeRan climbed the stairs.

“Jung Construction.”

 

 

Author’s note: Guess what??!! I watch Discovery Channel just now and the narrator introduce a neurosurgeon name Dr. Kim. LOL! I totally feel goose bumps when I heard the name and after confirmed it with the subtitle, I quickly switch on the laptop to update. To MaxChangminismydream, LOL, are you trying to prank me or what? Hahaha thanks for leaving me comments guys!! I love it! Comment more please, pretty please.