19

You Belong To Me

 

“Oppa!! I’m so excited. They must be going back here together right?” ShinHye excitedly clapped her hands and look over ChangMin who is driving their car. They are on their way to the airport to fetch the happy couple.

Except, there is no happy couple, ShinHye and ChangMin confusedly looked at YunHo who are walking out from the arrival gate.

“Erk.. ” ChangMin rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. Where’s HyeRan? He looked around to see in case he just missed her. Just when he opens his mouth to ask, ShinHye beat him first.

“Oppa, where’s HyeRan?”

YunHo looked at them both and shakes his head, “I’m tired, let’s go home.” He pinched his nose bridge before drags his luggage.

ChangMin and ShinHye look at each other before followed him. Before she makes her second step, ShinHye turn back at the arrival gate for the last time.

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK

JaeJoong already knocked on HyeRan door for the third time already but still no answer from her. “Eloise, don’t torture yourself. You need to consume some food.”

HyeRan shook her head although she knew JaeJoong can’t see her.

JaeJoong sighed, after he calmed HyeRan, she switched herself to silent mode and since then, she skipped her lunch and dinner. Locking herself in her room, not producing any sound at all.

And that worried JaeJoong. It’s already two times HyeRan behave like this. What makes her suddenly become like this? He sits on the couch and tried to remember everything HyeRan screamed early this morning.

“They hurt me so much and I thought after giving YunHo to them, they will stop from bothering me. JaeJoong, it hurt. It hurt so much to be alone in this cruel world.”

He sighed. “Why everything must be about YunHo?”

 

After send ShinHye back to her boutique, ChangMin need to drop YunHo at his house. He is sitting at the back and has been quiet since he arrived. Nothing came out from his mouth, even a single ‘yes’. He only nodded when they ask usual questions and remained static when they ask about HyeRan.

ChangMin stops at the red traffic light. He glanced at the rear mirror and saw how lonely YunHo expression is. YunHo keeps looking outside and occasionally will sigh.

“Are you alright?”

ChangMin asked without looking at him, afraid YunHo will stare at him. He focused on the red lights until suddenly it turns to green. He switches the gear and YunHo opens his mouth.

“I’m not.”

“Why?”

He shrugged his shoulders and immediately closed his eyes signaling he doesn’t want to talk about it. ChangMin shakes his head and they both continue the silence till they reach YunHo house.

“Arrived.”

YunHo knew, judging by ChangMin voice, he is pissed of him. He gets out from the car and gets his small bag from the trunk. He waits for ChangMin to come by his side.

“You want to come in first?” YunHo asked when ChangMin closed the car trunk and show no sign coming to him.

The young pilot look at his best friend, “Unless you want to tell me. Otherwise, I just go back home and have dinner with my wife.”

He waits by the car side. Meanwhile, YunHo stands there like a statue, inside him, he is judging whether he wants to tell him or not because if he told ChangMin that he didn’t even wait for another day to wait and see whether James tell the truth or not, ChangMin is surely will be mad at him and at the same time frustrated because all his hard work will go to drain.

Finally, he decided he should keep it inside him for a bit. Maybe there will a day where he will tell him everything. He just hopes he will not give up yet.

Just when he wants to opens his mouth, ChangMin stops him.

“Call me when you are ready. I’m not forcing you. Don’t worry. Take care.”

YunHo nodded his head. He is such a good friend. It’s great that you and ShinHye are together now.

Ri In and JunSu looked at JaeJoong. “What happen? Why she doesn’t even come out from her room?” Ri In asked. JaeJoong shrugged his shoulder. It’s better if Ri In doesn’t know she is crying hard this morning.

“I’ll go see her.” She quickly climbed the stairs and later on JaeJoong can hear the knock knock sound.

“Eloise.. What happened?” she asked after knocking on the door for few times. When she hears no answer from her, she go back to JaeJoong. “I got to call her brother; she is in a great trouble.”

 

YeonHee and YooChun just switched off the light, ready to go bed early tonight. Just when YeonHee wants to shut her eyes, she heard her husband sighed. “Are you okay?” she holds YooChun hand. He turned his head to her and hugs her.

“I don’t know what but there’s a thing that bothering me today.” He confessed. He felt YeonHee hugs him tighter. “You can share anything with me you know that.” she saw her husband nodded his head. “If I know what actually is bothering me.”

Just when YooChun wants them to drop the subject and back to sleep, his phone rings.

“It must be Ji Hye.” YeonHee smiled upon hearing YooChun said that.

YooChun look at the caller ID surprised to see her name.

“Yes Ri In..” he then went silence, carefully listening to what Ri In said on the other side of the phone.

“Alright, I will be there. Tell your guards I’m coming. ” he hears Ri In said a simple okay before hung up. He then stands up, ready to go to Ri In loft.

YeonHee sits on the bed, “Where are you going?” he turned to her, “HyeRan is locking herself in her room. I’m going to go Ri In loft, see what I can do.”

She nodded her head. “Oppa, if she is not okay, you can tell her to come live with us.”

Touched by her understanding, YooChun kissed his wife forehead before heading off.

 

 

JaeJoong eyes followed YooChun to the upstairs. Who is he, what he is doing here and why he didn’t know she has a brother keep bothering his mind. He sits on the couch, pretending he is reading a book while he didn’t know that he actually held the book upside down. Yeah, so much for pretending.

YooChun stands in front of HyeRan room and after Ri In walking down the stairs, giving them both some space, he knocked on the door.

“HyeRan, it’s me.”

HyeRan who is burying herself under the thick comforter jolted up when she heard her oppa voice. She wipes away the tears and rushing to open the door.

Click!

YooChun stared the person in front of him and quickly hugs her. HyeRan face is a mess. Her pair of eyes is red and puff, she didn’t even tied her hair, he can also some fresh tears stained on her cheek.

“Pabo! Why are you crying so badly?”

He whispered but HyeRan still manage to catch that. She cries even more.

Downstairs, JaeJoong is itching to come upstairs, because he heard the door click sound and he also heard HyeRan muffled crying sound. He wants to be the person she turns to whenever she has a problems, he also wants to be the first person to see her happy face. in fact, he wants to be her everything!

Knowing HyeRan will not tell him anything right now, he caressed her long hair, “Want to spend few days at my house?”

She needs no time to think anything; she nodded her head and immediately broke off the hug and takes out her luggage.

“Take your time okay, I will be downstairs.” He saw her nodded her head. He turns to the door, “don’t bother to pack up your toothbrush or whatsoever, I already prepared it at my house.” She nods her head.

He looks at her for a few seconds, “What happens HyeRan? Why you look so fragile right now?”

 

When JaeJoong saw YooChun is coming downstairs, he immediately uses the book as his shield, covering his face.

“Where’s Ri In?”

He jumped a bit when he saw YooChun is in front of him. “Err.. she is in her room.” YooChun nodded his head. He takes a seat beside JaeJoong and JaeJoong shifted uncomfortably on the couch.

Ask him stupid. Ask him why now he shows himself as Eloise brother. Ask him n-

“I’m not her biological brother.” YooChun suddenly answered his inner thought make him drop the book he is holding. He clears his throat. How does he know?

YooChun smiled at him. “It’s written all over your face since my first step in here. Also, you are holding you book upside down.” He pointed to the book on the floor. JaeJoong clears his throat, embarrassed.

“I knew her since she is 6 years old. She is my sister best friend. They grew up together and something makes her become my family member.”

JaeJoong become angry inside, he wants to know more details not just the summary. He turns his head to YooChun. “Then why you suddenly show up? She told me she don’t have anyone here.”

“We just met not long time ago. It’s true she didn’t have anyone else. Because she already filled the form to be removed from our family tree. So, technically she is not my sister.”

JaeJoong frowned; he didn’t understand this case at all. Just when he wants to ask more in details, Ri In come out from her room.

“Ri In, I’m going to take her to my house for a few days. However I can’t promised if she is going to work or not.” Ri In nodded her head, she then turns to JaeJoong. “This is her supervisor; you should ask him about her work.”

YooChun turns to JaeJoong. He saw his face sour. JaeJoong don’t like his idea at all! Why he wants her to suddenly spend some time at his house? Just when he wants to go upstairs to HyeRan room, he saw her walking down the stairs while carrying her luggage. It’s a small luggage actually but he saw it like she doesn’t want to go back his loft anymore. He is getting angrier when he saw YooChun helps HyeRan carry her luggage.

“Who gives you the permission to leave my house?”

HyeRan looks up to JaeJoong face. She knew he is angry because she doesn’t ask for his permission. Ri In lightly smack JaeJoong arm. “Oppa!” she hissed.

HyeRan turns to Ri In, asking for her understanding. Ri In saw HyeRan pair of eyes and she nodded, “Go ahead, but promise me, once you come back, I want to see a happy Eloise. Not like this.”

HyeRan nodded her head and went forward to hugs her. JaeJoong stands up and leave the living room. YooChun and HyeRan look at JaeJoong slammed his room door.

“Don’t bother about him. He just so used Eloise to be by his side and when thing turn like this, he sulked. Don’t mind him.”

YooChun smiles while HyeRan still looking at JaeJoong room.

 

 

“Come on in…” YeonHee smiles when she saw HyeRan luggage. “Unnie…” YooChun heard her raspy voice. YeonHee and HyeRan hugs each other. “Come; let’s get to your room.”

While walking to her room, her eyes caught the clock on the wall. It’s 2 am in the morning already, oh my god, I’m disturbing everyone.  

YooChun open the room door and put her luggage near the closet. “We always prepare this room for you, just in case you come to visit.” YeonHee tells her when HyeRan saw her picture on the wall. The one YooChun took when he bought his first DSLR camera.

“I’m sorry I never visit your house.” HyeRan look at both of them. YeonHee and YooChun stand side by side while YooChun hand is on YeonHee waist. “Well, you here now don’t you. Just take your time to relax.” YooChun answered. YeonHee hold her hand, “I’m sorry our house not so grand like Ri In.”

“Oh no, please don’t say it like that.” HyeRan quickly answered.

“Alright, let’s get to bed. HyeRan, if you heard any noises from our room, please ignore that.” YooChun joked. YeonHee smacks his arms lightly while red shades starts to form on her both cheeks while HyeRan made her first laugh of the day.

 

“Where is he?”

The lady shook her head. “Mr. Jung can’t be contacted. He shut his phone.”

SeungHyun sighed. “Put ChangMin on the line please.” YunHo secretary nodded her head and without waiting for so long, ChangMin is on the line.

“Min.”

“SeungHyun. What?”

“YunHo is unreachable.”

ChangMin sighed, he knew this will happen. “I don’t know where he is right now. Yesterday when he got back from New York, he just silenced himself and didn’t tell me anything.”

He is dumbfounded. If ChangMin who is his bestest friend didn’t know where he is, how can he possible knows?

“Alright then. Lemme know when he contacts you. He missed the big meeting here.”

 

“Well, I will be sending you flight tickets for two person to Korea. If it’s next week, are you okay?” SeungHyun asks via skype, they just had their conference which supposed to be handed by YunHo.

“Alright, I’m fine with it.” Ri In and JiHye smile together.

“Where’s Mr. Jung though?” Ri In asked.

SeungHyun clears his throat. “He is not feeling well so he asked me to do it.”

She nodded her head. “I see. Well, send my regards to him. Nice working with you Mr. Choi”.

 

YunHo enjoys his view in front of HyeRan parent grave. He arrived there at 6 in the morning and has been there since. He poured all his inner thought there, in front of the tomb stone. “Eomoni, abeuji, why our love story is so difficult? Why can’t I just get married to her and spend our old days together?”

“She has move on now. I bet you didn’t like the guy. You like her with me am I right?”

He chuckled painfully, hearing James said the other day make him think twice. On what base did he think HyeRan will wait for him? They didn’t make any promise to wait for each other. He didn’t even hear what HyeRan final words are. He throw away the CD remembers?

“But I really love her. From high school until now. and I’m not surprised if I will love her till my last breath.”

He looked behind him, the picture of HyeRan parent.

“I’m crazy about her.”