Almost Christmas

Not her, not anyone else, but YOU!

*Taemin's pov*

I woke up to a call from Jonghyun hyung. Aigoo i just had a dream of Seolhyun and hyung ruined it.

"Yes hyung..?" i said while yawning.  "Faster!! come here. It is all ready now. You're so great, Taemin-ah" hyung said.

"Really? Whoaa~ I cannot wait! Seolhyun gonna love this. Gumawo hyung~ i'll text you if i'm on my way to your house"  "Yes~ no problem" i hung up after that.

I get dressed after i took my shower and that's when i heard someone is ringing the bell. I jogged downstairs and open the door.

"Oppa!"  it was Choa. She's holding a box of chocolate and i can already guess who it is for.

"Oppa.. you just woke up? Have you eaten your breakfast yet?" she said smiling widely.

"You don't have to care about me. Please go home now" i said looking at her, uninterested.

"Where were you lastnight oppa? I was searching for you" she IGNORED what i just said to her.

"Where was i lastnight has nothing to do you with you. So please go home now as i still respect you and your family" 

"Oppa.. i brought you chocolate, you'll need it to eat for breakfast then we can go out after that, okay?"

She really is stubborn. "Choa, don't you get that i already have a girlfriend? I only see you as a friend and my good neighbour, that's all. I don't like you" i said that straight to her face.

Her smiling face is gone now. "Oppa, why can't you like me? I've been liking you since we were together in London, i kept asking you out but you declined saying that you need to chat with someone from Korea. Is she the one? Seolhyun? The reason why you didn't like me??" she seems so pissed that she ended up crying.

"Yes" i simply replied. Ugh because of her, i'm going to be late to meet with Jonghyun hyung!

"OPPA YOU'RE CRAZY!!" she threw the chocolate to my face causing it to scatter all on the floor.

I understand she is hurt and heartbroken but i need to be honest too. I want to get rid of her quickly. I just wanna live as a happy normal couple with Seolhyun.

"What is happening here?" Choa loud voice wakes Seolhyun up. She is still wearing her pyjama with her hair tied up in a messy bun. And i still find her so cute. 

I hold her hand tightly. "Choa, i've told you clear enough that i don't like you so please respect me and  Seolhyun too as i still respect your family."

"Oppa, you're not going to regret your decision?" she's still crying.

"Absolutely no" i said.  She wiped her tears away, "Ok. Fine. For me to find my own happiness, i'll let you go. But just don't beg at me one day cos i won't entertain you" she clenched her teeth while saying that, still looking so angry. Her eyes filled with tears.

Nope, that's not going to happen. With that, she left the house. I won.

*Your pov*

Wow. What a drama to start my day. "Taemin, what was that all about?" i asked when Choa completely disappeared from our sight.

"Choa came and confess to me that she likes me but i said no. And then you came" he said. I nodded my head.

"Seolhyun-ah.. i really need to go now, to Jonghyun hyung's house. You go shower and eat breakfast okay?" he really seems like he's in a hurry.

"Okay" i said. "Good" he kissed my cheek then left in a rush.

Tsk i guess i'm alone again today. I pick up the chocolates on the floor and throw it in the rubbish. It's like throwing Choa far away from our lives. I took a shower and eat my breakfast.

Alone.

I decided to call Hyejeong since she's currently not at home.  "Hyejeong-ah.. where are you?" i asked.

"Seolhyunnie~ i'm out with Onew. He's on a holiday till next year. Wae?" 

"Woa~ that's a long break. Where are you guys going? I'm bored" i let out a sigh.

"We.. we..are surveying for dresses and suits" she hesitated to say that.

"What?? Are you guys going to get married soon??" i said in surprised.

"This is Onew. Hyejeong is just so shy to talk. We're only surveying first.. Anyway, where's Taemin?" 

"He's busy, as usual" i said. "Ah~ want to go out with us?" Onew offered.

"Aniyo~ i don't want to disturb you guys. Bye~" i hung up after that. Ahh~ what should i do today?

I ended up cleaning the house. Suddenly i feel so motivated to clean the house. To add in, i clean my car too. A productive day for me, atleast.

There is no call or text from Taemin. Without knowing, i fell asleep on the couch after tiring myself cleaning the house.

~

"Seolhyun-ah... wake up now" i opened my eyes and see Hyejeong. "You're home now" i said

"Do you want to come to my house? Our parents are there to discuss about me and Onew" she said.

"Our?" i said blankly. "Onew's parents and mine" she laughed. "Wae?" i asked.

"Regarding our marriage" Hyejeong said. "WHAT??Omo!! Okay, i'll come with you" i said happily.

In Hyejeong's house, their parents are discussing seriously. I checked out my phone if there is any Taemin's call or text. But still, nil.

Towards the end of discussion, their parents agreed to make the wedding happen on 2nd January, after the new year. IF Onew and Hyejeong agreed.

Why am i feeling so nervous looking at both of them? As if i'm the one who's getting married.

Finally, Hyejeong and Onew agreed to the suggestion. I hugged Hyejeong tightly, she's going to be a wife soon.

"Congrats!" i said to both of them. "Thank you Seolhyun-ah" they both said.

"Taemin is still not home yet?" Hyejeong asked. I shook my head and pouted.

"Tsk Taemin.. tomorrow is Christmas eve and he's not here with you. And he doesn't even know when will i get married! He should be here congratulating me. pshh" Onew said.

I almost forgot tomorrow is Christmas eve. As usual, i'm waiting for Taemin to come home.

I'm alone in the kitchen, drinking the mineral water, keep looking at the clock and wishing Taemin would appear infront of me.

Suddenly someone covered my eyes with hands. "Ya who is this? Stop playing around!" i said.

"Guess who" i'm so familiar with that voice. It's none other than Taemin.

"Taemin-ah!" i said. He let go and hug me from behind instead. "I miss you. So much" he whispered at my ear.

"You always keep me waiting" i said. "You don't even know Onew and Hyejeong are getting married soon" i continue.

"I already know. Mom called me earlier" he said. "Ah, tomorrow is Christmas eve. Lets go out okay? I'm so free now, no more leaving you alone" he spoke again.

"Really? Where are we going tomorrow?" i become cheerful after he said that. He took a glass and poured water in it.

Then i received a text message. From Jonghun. 

'Seolhyun hello. Sorry if i keep calling you, i don't mean any harm to you. Just need to tell you something. So please pick up my call. As a friend. And please don't yell at me'

Suddenly i felt so guilty at yelling at him the other day. It must've been hard for him. I need to apologize to him too.

My phone is ringing and it's a call from Jonghun.

"Taemin, i'll talk to you later okay" i went to the backyard and answer his call.

"Oh, Jonghun-ah.. how are you? Sorry i yelled to you last time, i didn't mean to" i said to start our conversation.

"It's okay~ i'm good anyway. I'm calling you to tell i'll be leaving to Japan tomorrow, can i see you for the last time at the airport tomorrow? Don't get me wrong, this is a request from friend-to-friend only"

Ohmy,i have a date with Taemin tomorrow. "I'm sorry Jonghun-ah.. I-"

Suddenly Taemin took the phone from my hand and talk to Jonghun. I was so shocked at his action. Please, no trouble please.

"Really? Okay~ Seolhyun will be there tomorrow. Okay.. bye" Taemin hung up.

"Taemin-ah.." i looked at him. "Why do you have to talk to him in secret? I hear everything. Don't worry, i understand" Taemin smiled.

I feel so relief knowing Taemin didn't get the wrong idea about it. 

"Oh, i allowed you to see him tomorrow at the airport. His flight is at 9pm tho" Taemin said.

"What? I thought we have a date tomorrow? It's Christmas eve" i said.

"I know... after you meeting him at the airport, you can see me after that. I'll tell you where the place is" he smiled widely.

What is his PLAN this time. Taemin can be unpredictable at times. 

"I hate you, you know" i said. "Well i love you too" he laughed. 

*Taemin's pov*

"Hyung, regarding our pictures.. Is it done? Can i pick it up tomorrow?" i called Jonghyun hyung.

"Yep~ you can even pick it up now. You sure cannot wait for tomorrow, huh? For calling me in the middle of the night" hyung laughed.

"Aish hyung, you know me so well.. Okay hyung, goodnight! Wish me luck!" i said before ending the phone call.

Christmas eve with Seolhyun. I simply cannot wait.