Kimchi (김치) and Oppa (오빠)

My Kareshi And I.

You were still lying on the bed when you heard a knock on the door. "Ryoko ah, it's time for dinner!"
*I wonder who that is...* You got up from the bed and when you opened the door, you were greeted by a creepy smile. "Eeek!" It was Chanyeol. He was so tall that you had to crane your neck to look at his face. *Why is this dude so freakin' tall?!* "Neh?" You asked him. He bent down so that you two were of the same height.

 

"Ryoko ah, meogo." *She should understand that right?* 
You understood what he said and nodded your head. "Ahh, meogo? Jigeum?" *Finally, I was starving!* Chanyeol stood up straight and nodded his head. *She's so cute when she speaks Korean!* You were suddenly surprised when Chanyeol ruffled your hair and you started blushing. *Why did he do that?* He smiled at you once more and headed downstairs. *He is such a weird person.* You thought to yourself and followed after him.

 

Downstairs it was even more hectic than before. 
"Hyung! I want to sit beside her!" "No! I got here first so I have the right to sit beside her!" "Can you guys just shut up and sit already?" "Suho hyung! Chanyeol Hyung took my seat!" "Chanyeol...don't bully the maknae." "Wae? I sat here first!" 

 

*What is all the noise about?* The moment you stepped into the dining room, all six pairs of eyes were on you. Your eyes widen to the sudden silence. "M-meogo?" You said hesitantly. "Ryoko ah, iliwa." Suho waved at you. You nodded and slowly approached your cousin, at the same time, looking at the rest of them who were still staring at you. *Why are they all staring at me?*

 

Suho placed his hands on your shoulder and motioned you to sit down. You obediently followed him. "Ryoko will sit beside me. End of discussion." *Why did they want to sit beside her so much? Aish...kids.* Suho shook his head and sat down beside you. Sehun pouted and sat next to Baekhyun who seemed expressionless. Chanyeol made a sad face and sat at the other side of Suho. Kai sat opposite of you,while D.O sat beside him.

 

Everyone was quiet and nobody touched their food. You were getting hungry so without thinking you said, "Itadakimasu!" and started to dig in. The others just looked at you. They didn't know what you just said. You were about to take the first bite into your food, you noticed they still haven't touch theirs. You looked up. *Why are they not eating? Are they full?* "Palli meogo." You told them. Suho cleared his throat and nodded his head to the rest of the members. They understood and started eating. 

 

*Why did she say that right before eating? So strange.* Kai shook his head and began eating. 
*Ryoko is so cute when she eats!* Chanyeol smiled to himself.

 

After you've seen them eat, you smiled to yourself and started eating. You took a sip of some of the curry in front of you and your eyes sparkled. *This is the best curry ever* You closed your eyes and squirmed in your seat. "Oishii!" 

 

Suho looked at you and smiled. *I guess she likes the food. That's a relief. I thought she might hate the food here.* You turned to Suho. "Igeo nuga mandeungeoya?" Suho was surprised that you could speak that much of Korean. Right before he could answer, D.O shot up his hand. "Me! Me!" You turned to him and gave him a thumbs up."Mas-ssida!" You smiled and continued eating. 

 

D.O had his eyes wide open and smiled. *Wow, she likes my cooking?* D.O blushed and continued eating. Kai rolled his eyes and continued chewing on his food. *Why did he have to blush when she said that? We always compliment his cooking but he never blushes.*

 

"Ryoko ah, try this!" Sehun used his chopsticks and picked up some kimchi towards your mouth. "Say ah!" You looked at him, feeling a bit confused. *What is that?* You've never seen kimchi before so you leaned towards Sehun's chopsticks and ate it. Sehun looked pleased. *I fed her! I fed her!* He looked at Chanyeol who was already glaring at him. Sehun just stuck out his tongue at him. Suddenly Chanyeol picked up his chopsticks and tried feeding you some kimchi too. "Ryoko ah, mine's nicer. Try it!" *Sehun's not the only one who can feed her.*

 

You didn't have time to swallow and Chanyeol shoved the kimchi in your mouth again. Chanyeol smiled and looked at Sehun who was pouting at him. 

 

You chewed on it for a while when suddenly the sour and spiciness hit you. Your eyes started to water and you frantically your mouth while sticking out your tongue. Choking, you managed to say, "Mul! Mul!" Baekhyun quickly reached out for you glass and handed it to you. In an instant you gulped down the water. Kai looked at you and smirked. *Pfft, can't handle a bit of spiciness.* He shook his head and continued eating. 

 

After you're done with the whole glass, you slammed the cup on the table and leaned back on your chair. D.O glared at both Chanyeol and Sehun while Suho patted your back and chuckled. "Are you trying to kill her?!" D.O shouted at the two. *Sheesh, why are they being like this?* He clicked his tongue and shook his head. Chanyeol and Sehun nudged each other. "It's your fault hyung." Sehun whispered. "Well, you started it first!" Chanyeol hissed. 

 

You turned to Suho. "Geuge mwondeyo?" You said wiping the tears off your eyes. Suho smiled at you. "This is called kimchi. Never heard of it?" You shook your head. *Never heard of it, and I never want to try it again.* You told yourself. Suho chuckled and the rest continued eating. After a few minutes, everyone was done and left the dining room one by one. "Yah! Who's going to help me clean?" D.O shouted from the sink. But nobody replied. *Lazy people. I always have to do the work around here.* He didn't notice you were still there and you kind of understood what he said. So you went behind him and tapped his shoulders. 

 

"Naega dowa julge." You smiled at him and helped carried the dishes from the table to the sink. D.O seemed shock by your actions at first but in the end smiled and continued putting soap on he dishes while you helped to wipe it. *I guess she's not bad to have around here after all.* He cleared his throat and tried to start a conversation with you since the atmosphere suddenly felt awkward. 

 

"Uh, myeossaliseyo?" You stopped what you were doing and started to think. *What did he say? He asked about my age right? Now how do I say it in Korean again?* D.O was still looking at you so you tried your best to answer him. "Etto, jeoneun y-yeol yeodeol ssalieyo." You said and smiled. *Phew, I remembered.* D.O nodded and continued to wash the dishes. *So I'm older huh.* Suddenly an idea came to him and he turned around. 

 

"Ryoko ah, try calling me 'Oppa'" He looked at you with his wide eyes. "Oppa?" you repeated clueless to what he meant. D.O nodded. "Yeap, you can call me Oppa from now on neh? D.O Oppa." He smiled at you. You nodded and repeated, "D.O Oppa." *Is that his full name or something?* You shrugged. Once you were done you headed towards the living room to see Kai and Sehun fighting for the remote, Suho on the other couch playing with his phone. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting on the floor talking to each other. D.O joined them a few minutes later after cleaning up the rest of the kitchen.  

 

Suho looked up from his phone and he saw you standing there looking very awkward. "Guys, entertain her will you? She seems so left out." Suho told the rest of the boys. All of them looked up at you. The first one to approach you was Sehun. He pulled you towards the couch where Kai was already lying down on. He kicked Kai's leg, asking him to move. Kai glared at him. *There's tons of space on the floor.* Right then Suho cleared his throat and was shooting Kai looks. Kai rolled his eyes and sighed. He sat up straight and allowed you and Sehun to sit down. *What is his problem?* You thought to yourself.

 

Right then Sehun took your hands which made you jump. "Ryoko ah, I heard you call D.O 'Oppa'. Try calling me Oppa to!" At that moment, the whole room went quiet and all eyes were on you. Kai was still watching tv but his ears were focused on your conversation. You looked at everyone. *Oppa? Is that Sehun's full name too?* "Come on try it! Sehun Oppa." Yah Sehun ah, what if she's older than you?" Chanyeol said. Sehun put his index finger on his chin and looked up, *Is she older? Doesn't look like it.* "Ryoko ah, when's your birthday?" Suho asked you.

 

Again you tried answering slowly in Korean, "Sa-wol." You said. Sehun gasped. "My birthday is in April too! What day is yours?" *Please be younger, please be younger!* Sehun crossed his fingers and looked at you. You counted with your fingers and said, "Yeol." Sehun closed his eyes and slapped his forehead. *Damn, older by two days.* The rest of the guys started laughing except for you. You didn't know what was going on. Chanyeol was laughing hard and holding his stomach as though he was in pain. Kai smirked and shook his head. *Stupid maknae.* D.O and Baekhyun laughed along. Suho smiled and came to Sehun. "Looks like you have a noona." He said while chuckling. 

 

Suho went in front of you. "Ryoko ah, do you understand?" You shook your head. *What would Sehun's full name has got to do with my birthday?* Suho cleared his throat and smiled at you. "Over here, the girls call the guys 'Oppa' but only if they are older." Suho slowly explained to you in the most simplest way he can think of. *So D.O is older than me?* You looked over at him. "Ryoko ah, I'm one year older than you." 

 

"Me and Baekhyun here are two years older than you!" Chanyeol waved his hands. "I'm the oldest here. You, Kai and Sehun are the same age but according to birthdays, Kai is the oldest while Sehun is the youngest." Suho smiled. It took you awhile to slowly process the information and you nodded. "So I have to call all of you Oppa, except for Sehun?" You said. Suho nodded and ruffled your hair. *She's quite fast at understanding.*

 

Sehun stood up and stomped his feet. *That's not fair. Why am I always the maknae?* He walked slowly to his room. Kai stood up too and made his way to follow Sehun. *Poor Sehunnie, well, might as well go cheer him up. But why do I feel relieved she gets to call me Oppa?* Kai shrugged and walked away. 

 

"Alright everyone, head to bed. Early day tomorrow. That means you too Ryoko. You need to hand in all the paperwork for school right?" Chanyeol was already walking halfway but stopped in his tracks. "Ryoko's going to enroll in the same school as us?!" Suho smiled and nodded. "Her parents thought it'd be better that way so I can keep an eye on her." Chanyeol fist pumped in the air and cheered in his head. *Alright, now I have something to look forward to in school!* He went back to his room with a smile on his face, with Baekhyun behind him. He also had a small smile. *Things are starting to get interesting.*

 

Without noticing you yawned and rubbed your eyes. D.O noticed and told you to head to bed. You nodded and smiled at him. *D.O Oppa is very nice. I like him.* Suho escorted you to your room and bid you goodnight. You bowed and slowly closed the door. You unpacked your luggage and placed an envelope containing all the paperwork for your enrollment on the table. "Well, today has been, interesting." You said to yourself. You quickly changed in to your sleeping attire and lie on the bed. 

 

*It's better than I expected. I can't wait for what's to come tomorrow.* You smiled to yourself and slowly, your eyes closed letting you go in a deep slumber.