The Call [Part 1]

My Kareshi And I.

 

 

The audience clapped while both you and Baekhyun went backstage. “That was….” “Amazing” He finished your sentence for you. You saw the others happily approaching you, clapping their hands. Hands….you then realized that the two of you were still holding hands and you quickly let go. Baekhyun was taken aback. You looked at him guiltily, “Thanks oppa. I couldn’t have done it without you.” Baekhyun thought for a moment and cleared his throat. “Uh yeah, no problem. You were great.” He smiled.

 

 

“Great? She was amazing! Yah, I didn’t know you could sing?!” D.O came towards you and pat your back. “Yeah! You should sing more often at home!” Sehun chimed. All of them gathered in front of you, and surprisingly, Hae Ra was there. Baekhyun eyes widened. “Hae Ra ah…” She smiled and waved at him. “Annyeong oppa.” “Who’s this? Someone you know?” Suho asked. You nodded and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “She’s my new friend. Oppas, meet Hae Ra. Lee Hae Ra.” Hae Ra smiled and bowed. “Wow, she’s cute!” Suho said and nudged D.O who was beside him. D.O had his eyes shaped like saucers and he was staring straight at her. *What’s this?* You wondered. D.O quickly snapped out from his daze and nodded. “Y-yeah cute, and pretty too.”

 

 

Hae Ra blushed. “T-thank you oppa.” You raised your eyebrows.  *Wait a minute here…D.O oppa likes Hae Ra?* You couldn’t help but smile. It seems that the rest of the guys noticed too and they smirked. Kai had to turn around so that no one could see him try to stifle his laughter. Fortunately, the two of them were oblivious to what was happening. Suho then cleared his throat to gain everyone’s attention. “Well, since all of us are done with the performance, shall we all head out tonight?”

 

“Call!”

“Of course! I’m getting hungry!”

“You’re always hungry Xiu Min hyung.”

“Yah! I’m a growing boy okay?”

 

 

A few minutes later, all of you, including Hae Ra, were walking down the streets of Seoul. All of you stopped by a bubble tea shop earlier since Luhan and Sehun kept whining that everyone should have one. Surprisingly, it tasted nice. “Your first time trying?” Luhan walked up beside you sipping his drink. You smiled and nodded. “It tastes so good! I’m glad I got to try it before I leave.” Sehun came up beside you and slung his arm over your shoulders. “You mean, they don’t have this in Japan?” You pouted. “I’m not sure actually. But I hope there is though, I’m going to miss it!”

 

 

“Or you could just search on how to make one yourself on the internet.” Kai chimed, slurping his strawberry bubble tea. You raised your eyebrows at him. “Strawberry?” He looked at you, obviously confused with the sudden question. “What? What’s wrong with strawberry?” You shrugged and smirked, “Nothing, I just thought you’d pick a more…masculine flavor.” Luhan and Sehun tried to hold in their laughter. Kai shot you a look. You smiled and walked faster to catch up with Chanyeol, Kris and Tao in front. You nudged Chanyeol. “Hey you.” He smiled and ruffled your hair. “Hey yourself.”

 

 

“Oh, Ryoko ah, what’s it like in Japan?” Tao asked. You thought about it for a while. “I guess it’s about the same as Korea. But the streets are even busier I guess.” Tao nodded understandingly and suddenly leaned in to have a sip of your bubble tea. “Yah, was that just a distraction just so you could steal a bit of my drink?” You laughed and playfully slapped his shoulder. Tao just smiled cheekily at you. “You can have some of mine Ryoko.” Chanyeol offered his oreo flavoured drink towards you. “Really? Thanks oppa! I’ve always wondered what oreo tasted like as a drink.” You took his straw and took a sip of it.

 

 

*This is amazing! It’s like chocolate chip ice cream, only a bit more diluted.* You thought to yourself. Chanyeol stared at you wide eyed while you took a sip. *S-she’s drinking from my straw. I-is this w-what they call an….i-indirect kiss?!* He could feel his heart rate picking up a pace and his cheeks flushed. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Kris asked in that monotone voice of his. Chanyeol blinked. You stopped drinking and looked at him. “Yeah. Oppa, why is your face red?” You touched his face to feel if he has a temperature. Chanyeol blushed even more. Unknowingly, he slapped your hand away. “Y-yah, I’m fine. It’s just…a bit hot that’s all.”

 

 

Kris raised his eyebrows. “Hot? Dude, it’s almost the winter. And it’s already freezing right now. Are you sure you’re okay?” Chanyeol nodded and just sipped his drink, wanting to stop the conversation. Tao had that cheeky smile on his face again and whispered something to Kris. Kris raised his eyebrows and stared at Chanyeol. “Chanyeol ah, are you…blushing? Is because Ryoko took a sip of your drink from the same straw?” Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he choked on his drink. You quickly patted his back. “Aigoo, oppa you have to be careful. You could have told me you didn’t like sharing straws.” Kris and Tao laughed at your remark. Of course, this is because they were thinking something else. “A-ani, I didn’t mind sharing the straw with you.” Tao smirked, “Oh really?” He and Kris fist bumped each other.

 

 

You shook your head and sighed. “You oppas are weird. I’ll go walk with Baekhyun oppa now.” You ran to the back of the group, and noticed Baekhyun walking alone, listening to his ipod. You nudged him. He smiled and turned off his ipod, keeping it in his bag. “What’s up?” You asked casually, even though on the inside, you didn’t know why you felt so nervous. *Is it because I held hands with him during the performance?* Baekhyun shrugged. “Nothing. Why are you not walking with them?” You chuckled and shook your head. “Kai oppa kept teasing me. Chanyeol and the other oppas were acting weird and Suho oppa and the rest seemed to be busy talking with Hae Ra.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded understandingly. “And that’s why you wanted to walk with me?” You smiled and nodded. “I hope you don’t mind. You can continue listening to your music. I’ll just keep quiet.” He smiled and ruffled your hair. “Ani, I’ll keep you company.” He smiled. “So, what time is your flight again?” You sighed, suddenly remembered about it. “My parents already booked a flight for me at 8am. I’m really going to miss all of you oppas.” Baekhyun sighed and nodded as well. “We’ll miss you too.” *I’ll miss you the most though.* He thought.

 

 

“Hey, let’s all go to the Han River again! I heard there’s going to be some firework displays tonight.” Lay said. All of you nodded in agreement and made your way. It wasn’t that far from where you were so you didn’t have to take any buses. You were excited to go to the river again. You wanted to see the beautiful view of the river one last time before you leave. “Hopefully it’s not that crowded.” You said to yourself. Unfortunately, it was crowded. Teenagers and couples were already there, finding a good spot to sit so they could see the fireworks. “Alright guys, stick close to me and Kris hyung. We’ll find a spot for us.” *Being tall really has it advantages.* You smiled to yourself.

 

 

The fourteen of you formed a single file with you and Kai ending up as the last two people in the line. “Great. You better not lose sight of D.O hyung or we’ll both get lost.” Kai smirked. You scoffed. “Please, all you have to worry about is to keep up with my pace so you won’t be left behind.” You rolled your eyes at him. Your hands reached out to grab D.O’s jacket but instead of D.O, a group of guys were standing in front of you. “Well hello there pretty lady. Lost? Why don’t you join me and my friends tonight.” The guy smirked. He was just about to grab your hands but Kai stood in front of you.

 

 

“I’m sorry fellas but she’s taken.” He scowled at them. The other guy just raised his hands in defeat and backed away. “Didn’t know she had a boyfriend. My bad. Sorry dude.” And they walked off. Kai turned to look at you, furious. All you could do was smile apologetically. “Mianhe oppa.” He sighed and rubbed his temples. “Why must you always….ugh never mind. Follow me. We’ll try to find the others.” He took your hand and weaved through the crowd. You felt bad. *I’m always making people worry about me.* Kai tried to search for the others but to no avail. *Argh where are they? Well, at least I’m here alone with her. No..Kai, stop being so selfish. But still…Ugh no!* Kai shook the thoughts out of his head.

 

 

“Oppa, I’m really sorry.” Kai turned around and just nodded. *He must be really mad. Great, my last day here and I made him angry. Nice one Ryoko.* You bit your lower lip. In the end, the two of you sat down in an empty spot. You raised your eyebrows. “Where’s the rest?” Kai shot you a look. “Well, because of someone, we got lost. And since the fireworks are about to start, we might as well find a place to sit. We can find the rest later. Now sit down.” You sat down obediently. “I’m sorry okay. I didn’t mean for this to happen.” You pouted. Kai glanced at you. *Stop making that face Ryoko ah.* You suddenly felt someone pinching your cheeks. “Fine, I forgive you. But you owe me one okay?” You smiled and nodded. Kai smiled. *You know I can’t stand it when you make cute faces like that Ryoko ah.* He thought to himself.

 

 

 

The two of you settled down on a dry patch of grass, and of course, where you could have a clear view of the fireworks. “So..how are you feeling?” Kai cleared his throat. You raised your eyebrows. “Huh? Uh..I’m okay I guess.” *Why the sudden question?* Kai awkwardly nodded and looked away. A few minutes later, he turned back to you and asked you another question. “You’re not..sad?” Again you showed him the same expression. “Uh, why would I be sad?” Kai sighed and ruffled his hair. “You’re leaving tomorrow. Aren’t you sad?” You looked at him. *Oh. That’s right. It’s tomorrow.*

 

 

You cleared your throat and smiled. “Of course not. I get to spend the last day here with the oppas.” Kai nodded and made a pout. You playfully nudged him. “Why the face? What..are you going to miss me? Aww..Kai oppa!” You joked and laughed. Kai made an annoyed face and click his tongue. “Me? Miss you? Not  a chance shorty!” *Of course I’m going to miss you pabo ah. I haven’t even had the chance to tell you how I feel about you.* The both of you bickered some more until  *BAM* Colorful lights lit up the sky. The fireworks display had started. You couldn’t tear your eyes away from the beautiful scene. It's like as though someone's painting the sky with lights. *I'm so happy I got to see this before I leave.* You smiled to yourself. 

 

Kai was admiring something too. He was admiring you. How your eyes lit up every time when the fireworks went off. How you smiled, causing your dimples to appear. And most of all, how beautiful you looked that night. You still had some make up on after the performance because you were too lazy to wash it off. Kai smiled. *I think I really fell for her. I'm certain.* You turned to face Kai to see if he was enjoying it as much as you but caught him staring at you instead. accidentally, the both of you locked eyes. You didn't know why you couldn't look away. Something about his gaze was pulling you closer. Then, Kai started to lean in. Your body started to feel tense. *Is he...going to kiss me?* Right when your lips were about to touch, your phone vibrated in your pocket, causing you to jerk and push him away. "Sorry, my phone..." You said apologetically and searched for your phone. Kai cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "You didn't have to apologize..."He said, loud enough for only him to hear and not you. *That was dangerous Kai ah, what if she freaked out?* He thought to himself. 

 

 

You looked at the caller ID on your phone, expecting it to be one of the oppas looking for you but your eyes widened at the unexpected caller. 

 

*Papa?*

 


 

[A/N] Sorry for the super late update guys!! Been sick for the whole week T.T

Anyway, thanks for commenting!! I'll try my best to reply each and everyone of you! Love you all!

And for those who just subscribed, I sarang you!!!! Thank you!! 

Please keep reading my story!!

 

Ppyong!