Blushing Game

My Kareshi And I.

Both of you found seats at the back of the library and you sat down while Baekhyun went to find some books for you to study on. While he was gone, your mind kept wandering back to the night the both of you kissed at the top of the hill. *Aish, why do I keep thinking about it? But...I kind of liked it though. But, it's Baekhyun oppa we're talking about! We're..not that close are we? I Mean, it'd be different if it were Kai or D.O oppa. Compared to Baekhyun oppa, I'm close with those two.* You sighed and pouted. "What does he really think of me?" You said, loud enough for only yourself to hear.

 

 

At the same time, Baekhyun was walking around the library searching for books, but his mind was elsewhere. "How do I get her to show me her feelings? We kissed twice, but, I don't know if she liked it or see me as a byuntae." He furrowed his eyebrows. He took a book from a shelf and stood there. "What if I ask the other guys to help me?" He thought about it for a while and shook his head. "Ani, Suho hyung would kill me. And there's already a huge possibility the others have got their eyes on her as well." He walked around some more and took some more textbooks from the shelf. "Hae Ra! What if I ask her instead? She's good friends with Ryoko. Maybe she can help." Again he stopped walking and shook his head. "It's so embarrassing to tell Hae Ra...ahh jjajeungna!" He ruffled his hair in frustration. 

 

 

After a few minutes, Baekhyun went back to where you were. "Oppa, what took you so long? And why were you so noisy back there?" Baekhyun's eyes widened.*Don't tell me she heard what I said.* "U-Uh I met a friend behind the shelves so we chatted for a while." He lied. You nodded. "I see. So shall we get started then?" Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief when you believed him and placed the books he picked on the table. "Firstly, let's test your spelling. Hangul is quite easy once you know the spelling. But, it's quite tricky as well so listen carefully." You smirked. "Oppa, spelling in Hangul for me is easy. And my hearing is perfect so I'm going to ace this in one go!" You said confidently. Baekhyun chuckled and nodded his head. "We'll see about that."

 

 

You took out a piece of paper and pen and waited for Baekhyun to test you. Once he saw that you were ready, he began. "Okay first word, hagsaeng (학생/student)" You giggled as you felt how easy the word was and it didn't take you any thinking to write it down. Once you were done, you smiled at him. Baekhyun smiled back and gave you the next word. "Second, siheom (시험/exam)." And again, it didn't take much time for you to write that down. "Oppa, why not give me the difficult words? These are too easy!" Baekhyun gave you a look. "Arasso arasso. Third word, jigmuleul haenghada (직무를 행하다/officiate)." Your mind suddenly went blank. *Wow, that's long. But still easy to spell.* Baekhyun noticed how easily you were getting everything right and came up with a plan. *And maybe, this would make her show her true feelings.* "Are you ready for the next word?" You looked up and nodded. 

 

 

Baekhyun smirked and proceeded on with the test. "Okay, next word, lomaentig (로맨틱/romantic)." At that moment, you felt yourself going tense but managed to write it down correctly. Baekhyun seemed to notice how nervous you suddenly were and decided to continue. "Next, aejeong eolin (애정 어린/affectionate)." He glanced at you and could see that you were biting your lower lip. *Alright, it seems to be working!* He thought to himself. He rested his arms on the table and said the next word. "Sa rang.. (사랑/love)." Your hands started to lose grip of the pen and you could feel your cheeks getting warm. *Aish! Why is oppa saying all these things suddenly? I can't concentrate!* With trembling hands, you wrote it down. Baekhyun could tell that you were almost losing it and decided to give you one last word. "And finally..." he said while resting his head on his hands and leaned in closer, "kiseu (키스/kiss)." 

 

 

You swore you almost fell from your seat when he said that last word. You could guess that your face was already as red as a tomato by the time you finished writing it down. After you were done, you didn't dare to look up but passed him the paper anyway. Baekhyun smiled since he accomplished what he planned to do. *Red as cherries are her cheeks.* He giggled to himself as he looked over your work. You heard his giggle and pouted. *He did that on purpose didn't he? He knew I would be embarrassed. But...why do I feel embarrassed?* You decided not to think about it so much and shook your head. At the same time, Baekhyun was done looking through your work and had a big smile on his face. "Looks like your spelling is perfect. What shall we go through next?" *And how should I carry out my next plan?*

 

 

 

While Baekhyun was thinking, you decided it was not safe to study Hangul anymore. *Who knows what other words he might come up with.* "Oppa, let's do math instead huh? I have some math homework that needs to be done." You smiled cheekily. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "But Ryoko ah, you're good at math." You mentally face palmed yourself. *Out of all the subjects, you had to pick math. Good job Ryoko.* "I uh...can't do the last question though." You smiled again and quickly pushed aside the Hangul notes while you took out your math homework. You flipped to the last question and showed it to him. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled. "Ryoko ah, don't tell me you find this hard? This is so simple." *What are you trying to do Ryoko ah? Are you trying to avoid getting embarrassed?* Your eyes shifted towards the homework and you quickly thought of something to say. "Because it's the basic...that's why.  uh, forgot the basics. Can you teach me?" You tried to give your best puppy eyes.

 

 

Baekhyun sighed and gave in. "Okay, whatever you say. But let me sit beside you so it'll be easier." *Easier for me to tease you.* He cheekily thought to himself. Before you could say anything, he was already seated next to you. He could tell that you were a bit nervous by the way you shifted in your seat. "Is everything okay?" He asked you even though he knew the answer. You looked up at him and smiled. "Yeah, it's nothing." *Why is my heart beating so fast when he's near me?! Get a grip Ryoko.* You scolded yourself mentally. Baekhyun smirked and started with the question. 

 

 

As he was reading the question, you noticed that he was slowly getting closer and closer to you. You noticed it when you realized that you were trying yoru best to avoid feeling his breath against your cheek. You were blushing like mad and Baekhyun could tell. He could tell by the way your body was tense whenever his hand 'accidentally' brushed against yours. He could tell by the way you were trying to avoid eye contact with him. He could tell that your breathing had gotten unsteady. *Looks like my plan worked. She's getting nervous.* He thought to himself and tried to hold in his smile. Suddenly you stood up from your seat, unable to contain the feeling of uneasiness. "I-I...need..uh..hwajangshil." You politely smiled and before he could open his mouth to answer you, you turned and made your way out from the library while placing your hand above your beating chest to calm yourself down.

 

 

Baekhyun watched as you walked away hurriedly and almost tripped on your own foot. He stifled a chuckle. *Typical Ryoko, always so clumsy when she's nervous.* He shook his head and continued to look at your homework. 

 

 

In the toilet, your heart beats fast. Wrong. It felt as though there was a giant monster inside of you wanting to get out and throw confetti at your face. "Why am I feeling this way? Do I really like oppa?" You looked up at the mirror as you said that. "Does...oppa like me?" Again you just chuckled at your silly thoughts and shook them away before heading out.

 

 

Back at the library, Baekhyun was lost in his thoughts as well. *Does she really like me then? Even though she was blushing and was all nervous around me, does that really mean she likes me?* He sighed. At that moment you came back and sat next to him. "O-oh, you're back?" He asked. You smiled and nodded but of course, not looking at him in the eye. You looked at your homework and noticed that it was already done. "Oppa, did you do it for me?" Baekhyun's mouth hung open as he realized what he did. *, I must have gotten carried away.* He cleared his throat and quickly nodded. "U-uh, yeah. I uh, got carried away. I'm sorry, I'll teach you again." You smiled and shook your head. "It's okay oppa. I actually knew how to do it." He raised his eyebrows. "You..knew?" You sighed and nodded. *That's it. I can't hold it in anymore.* "I just, wanted you to stop teaching Hangul."

 

 

This time, Baekhyun started to feel tense."W-Why?" You let out another sigh and this time, took a lot of effort to actually look at him. "Oppa, what...what do you think of me?" That caught him off guard and he almost choked on his own saliva. "I uh, think you're a really sweet person...?" You shook your head and this time, shifted a little closer to him. *If he really likes me, he'd be nervous around me right? Let's try something out.* As you expected, he started to fidget and shifted in his seat. A few more inches and Baekhyun would have fallen of his seat. *W-Why is she getting so close?* "Oppa, do you...could you possibly...like me?" 

 

 

THUD. Baekhyun fell. He really fell from his seat causing you to stand up and went to his aid. "O-Oppa! Are you okay?!" You were frantically searching for any bruises on him which made him blush even more. You met eyes with Baekhyun and noticed how red his ears were turning. Baekhyun broke the eye contact with a small cough and quickly stood up to straighten his uniform. *Aish that was so embarrassing! You let your guard down Baekhyun ah you pabo!* You stood up, feeling guilty because it was your fault that he fell. "Oppa, gwaenchanhnya? Do you want to see the school nurse?" Baekhyun shook his head and placed both his hands on your shoulders. "I-I was just getting tired. Boy look at the time, we won't be able to make it for dinner if we don't leave now. Let's go yeah?" He nodded as if he was talking to himself and packed his stuff. You cocked your head to the side as you wondered his sudden change in behavior. You shook those thoughts away and followed him out.

 

 

The streetlights outside were already lit and the school was almost empty. Cars were whizzing past while the both of you walked down the street on the way home. Neither of you were talking. Thoughts kept occupying your mind. *He fell when I asked him that question. Does he really like me? I mean, if he didn't he could have answered it easily. But...* You bit your lower lip, deep in your thoughts. Baekhyun was in the same situation too. *I can't believe I let my guard down. Could it be that she's already found out about my feelings?* He tried to steal a glance at you and noticed how hard you were thinking. His expression softened at the sight of you. *But she's so precious, and cute.* At  that moment, a familiar voice from behind made the both of you jump. 

 

 

"Hyung! Ryoko ah! Nal gidalyeo!" Sehun was lightly jogging towards the both of you. You didn't know why but you sighed in relief at the sight of him. It was as though all this while you had been holding in your breath. Same goes for Baekhyun who seemed too be a little relaxed. "Ohh Sehun ah! Why are you here? I thought you went back already?" 

 

 

Sehun smiled as he came closer to the both of you. Wrong. He smiled only at you and you noticed it too. *Why is he looking at me that way?*

 

 

 


[A/N] Guess what? It's finally my study week! Means no school for a week before the exams. Well of course I still need to study to get those good grades. I mean, I'm asian what do you expect? But the thing I'm happy about is that I have no more assignments or projects! Woop Woop! Lack of sleep these past few days has made my health worse and finally, I got that ample amount of rest I needed. Oh, and after my exams, I'll have a two months break! Isn't that awesome! 

 

For those of you who have subscribed to this fic during my absence of not updating much, I thank you all. Saranghae! and for those who have been with this fic ever since it first began, I appreciate you support :)

 

Happy New Year everyone :)