An Old Friend

My Kareshi And I.

"Shall we?" 

 

You looked up and was surprised to see Baekhyun standing in front of you. He had his arm offered to you. You just stared at him. He chuckled and ruffled your hair. "You're going for Korean classes right? Let's go together." He smiled at you. You smiled back and took his arm. While the two of you walked down the hallway, you could sense that the other girls were gawking and staring at your hand which was wrapped around Baekhyun's arm. You tried to pull away but Baekhyun held it tightly. You whispered to him. "Oppa, people are looking. They might get the wrong idea." Baekhyun chuckled. "Then let's just give them the wrong idea."

 

You shot him a look and gave up. You then felt your phone vibrating in your pocket. With your other hand, you took it out. It was a text message.

 

"YAH, GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HIM OR I'LL HAVE MA RI BREAK IT." You gulped, knowing who it was from. You looked around but couldn't see her. Just to be safe though, you stopped hugging Baekhyun's arm. He seemed to notice it and looked at you. "What's the matter?" You just smiled at him and lied. "I uh..I feel cold for some reason." You quickly put your hands in the pockets of your blazer. *I don't want to break my arm again.* Baekhyun blinked at you and shrugged. *That was sudden. But it's not even cold. As a matter of fact, it's actually quite warm right now.*

 

The two of you walked in silence all the way to the classroom and once you got in and checked to see if there were any 'followers', you heaved a sigh of relief and plopped down on your seats. Baekhyun chuckled and looked at you. "You seem to be escaping from something. What's up?" You could just give him a weak smile and shook your head. "Ani, I just didn't want to be late for class that's all." Baekhyun looked at his watch and frowned. "But there's like half an hour left before it starts. Seriously Ryoko, what's up?" *She's been acting weird ever since we left school. Something definitely is up.*

 

You gulped. *Should I tell him? But, if I do then...my arm..* You shuddered at the thought. "A-ani oppa. But can I ask you something though?" *Let's change the topic here.* Baekhyun was now focusing on you. "Sure, what's up?" *Is she going to tell me?* You cleared your throat. "Do you know Hae Ra?" *Maybe I can find out more about her from oppa.* Baekhyun looked puzzled. "Ryoko ah, there are tons of Hae Ra. Which are you talking about?" *It couldn't be the same Hae Ra right?* "Lee Hae Ra. She goes to our school. She's a freshmen too. Do you know her?" You asked. Baekhyun was surprised. *It is the same Hae Ra. But, how does she know her? And, how come I didn't know she goes to our school?*

 

 

You waved your hands in front of his face. *Why isn't he saying anything?* Baekhyun was about to open his mouth when the teacher entered the classroom. "I'll tell you afterwards okay? Now concentrate in class." With that, Baekhyun rested his head on the table and closed his eyes. He wasn't really sleeping though. He just needed time to process the information that he heard. *Is it true? You came back? But why? How come I dodn't know you came back Hae Ra?* You shrugged and did what he told you. Since you've missed a lot because of dance class, you had a lot of catching up to do. 


The two of you walked side by side, with Baekhyun carrying your bag of course. Even though you said you could do it by yourself but he insisted on carrying it. You suddenly remembered what the two of you talked about earlier and decided to ask him again. "So oppa, about Lee Hae Ra. You know her?" 

 

Baekhyun gulped. *I thought she forgot about it. I guess I have no choice but to tell her the whole story then.* He nodded and cleared his throat before answering you. "Uh yeah..I know her. She's your friend" He glanced at you. You smiled and nodded. "I met her today during lunch and she seems like a nice person. *But hangs out with the wrong group of people.* Baekhyun nodded. "How is she?" "She's okay. A bit too quiet though. But she's pretty too."

 

Baekhyun nodded and sighed. You looked at him. "What's the matter oppa?" Baekhyun stopped walking. "I guess I'll have to tell you then." You furrowed your eyebrows. *Tell me? Tell me what?* Instead of walking home, the two of you went to the nearby park to sit down. Baekhyun bought some drinks along the way saying that it was going to take awhile. 

 

Once the two of you found a place to sit, Baekhyun started talking. 

 

"Lee Hae Ra was an old friend of mine. Wait, no, she was actually my girlfriend." Your eyes  widened. Baekhyun let out a nervous chuckle and ruffled your hair. "Yeah she's my ex-girlfriend now. We used to be childhood friends. Then suddenly in our second year of highschool, she confessed to me." Baekhyun paused at the thought. 

 

"And you accepted her feelings?" You pry. He smiled. "I thought I loved her. She was important to me and we'd always be with each other. People say we were like glue. So I accepted her, thinking that it was love. But.." He trailed off. You held his hands and smiled at him. He patted your hands and continued. "I actually see her as a dongsaeng." You blinked at him. "Dongsaeng?" He chuckled. "A little sister." You smiled and nodded. " So we broke up. I thought things would be normal again but she started to avoid me and we just stopped hanging out ever since. It's been years since I've last seen her." Bakehyun took a sip of his drink. *Never thought I'd be reminded of that incident again.* 

 

You took a sip from your drink too. *So the both of them were together once? But why did she disappear? Oppa must be really sad to lose a friend.* You thought to yourself. Then an idea came to you. "Oppa, how about you, me and Hae Ra hang out sometime? Maybe during the weekends? The two of you can catch up!" You said excitedly. Baekhyun almost choked on his drink. "I...I don't think that's a good idea Ryoko ah. She disappeared because she didn't want to see me again. What makes you think she'd want to hang out with me?" 

 

You nodded in agreement. *Well, he does have a point there. But some part of me feels that deep down, oppa really wants to see her again.* Baekhyun sighed and stood up. "Ka ja, hyung is going to be pissed if you come home late again." He held out his hand towards you. You smiled and took his hand. The two of you walked home together. 

 

However, you can't stop thinking about Hae Ra. *I must find a way to get those two to meet up.*