Sunny Side Up

My Kareshi And I.

 

Since the next day was a weekend, your wish came true. Everyone was up early, preparing for the trip to the beach. D.O and Baekhyun were in the kitchen, busy preparing snacks for the trip. Suho was with Chanyeol, telling him to unpack half of his stuff which consisted of comic books and video games. “Yah, we’re going to the beach, not a deserted mountain. Why are you bringing all this useless junk?” Suho nagged. Chanyeol gasped at the senior’s remark. “Useless? How could you? They are precious to me, you’ll hurt their feelings hyung!” Suho crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

 

You laughed at the scene. *Chanyeol oppa is so cute when he acts like a child. Wait…he always acts like a child.* the thought made you laugh some more. In the next room, Sehun was busy folding some clean clothes into his bag while Kai was lazily lying on his bed, reading a magazine. “Oppa, aren’t you gonna pack?” You stood by the door. Kai looked up from his magazine gave you a bored look. He then reached out to a random shirt that’s been lying on his bed and threw it on his bag. “Done.” And he continued reading. You gawked at him.

 

 

“Don’t worry Ryoko ah. He’s always like that. Besides I can help him pack. Have you packed your stuff?” Sehun smiled. You nodded. “Yeap, I packed yesterday, right before I slept. I can’t wait! Today’s going to be fun!”

 

 

Right then the doorbell rang. You furrowed your eyebrows. *Are we expecting anyone?* Noises were coming from the living room. Curious about the sudden commotion, you went down. “Yah Ryoko! What’s up?” Xiu Min wrapped his arms around your shoulders. “O-oppas…what are you guys doing here?” Kris sighed and peeled Xiu Min away from you, at the same time sending him a glare. But Xiumin just rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue. “Suho hyung invited us. We’re coming with you guys to the beach.” He smiled at you. “Jinjja?” *Does this mean I’m going to the beach…with 12 remarkably good looking guys?*You thought to yourself. Just then you heard a familiar voice. “Ryoko ah!” Your head turned towards the direction of the door and a smile formed on your face. “Hae Ra! What are you doing here?”

 

 

She had a big bag with her and was wearing a sunhat. “I’m coming with silly!” Your eyes widened with joy. “Oh my God you’re coming too? This is going to be fun! All of us together!” Right then Suho voiced out. “Woah woah wait a second, who told you about this trip? As far as I know, I only told the guys.” He questioned Hae Ra. You thought your eyes were fooling you but you noticed she was blushing. *What’s going on here?* D.O cleared his throat. “Um, I invited her.” All heads turned towards him, who was standing at the entrance of the kitchen, with his hand rubbing the back of his neck. Right away, everyone knew what was happening but they kept it among themselves. You decided to break the awkwardness. “You did? That’s great! So now I won’t be alone!” You smiled at him, and he smiled back.

 

 

“Alone? Yah, there’s 12 of us here to accompany you and you said you would be alone if Hae Ra wasn’t here?” Tao said. You smacked his chest. “You’re all guys. If people saw me, a girl, alone with a group of guys, what would they think? Besides, I want to have some girl time with Hae Ra too.” Tao rubbed his chest while you shot him a look.  

 

 

“Alright, alright, the more the merrier okay? Now can we please make our way to the beach? I can’t wait to see the girls there.” Chen whined but at the same time a cheeky smile formed on his lips. Luhan shook his head and face palmed himself. You raised your eyebrows. *Wow, didn’t know Chen was like that. I thought he was the decent type of guy.* Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol went out from their rooms, carrying bags with them while D.O and Baekhyun brought out the bags filled with sandwiches and some drinks. “Alright, we’re all set!” Baekhyun announced. “Finally! Let’s go, let’s go!” Chanyeol pushed all of us out of the house.

 

 

Thankfully the weather was fine and the sun wasn’t that hot either. With 14 of you all huddled up under the bus shelter, you can’t help but smile to yourself. *It feels like I’ve known them for a long time even though I’ve only been here for a few months.* Back in Tokyo, you don’t really go out much. Even if you did, you were always alone. No one for you to call your friend. There were a few people who you talked to in school but, they’re just like hi and bye friends.

 

 

Soon the bus arrived and thank God it was empty and there were seats. Everyone sat in pairs. Kai with Lay, Suho with Chen, Luhan with Xiu Min, Chanyeol with Kris, Tao with Baekhyun, D.O with Hae Ra and that means you’re seated with Sehun. Now that you think of it, except for this morning, it’s been a long time you’ve talked to him. The last time you were together with him was when he brought you to the planetarium. 

 

 

 

“Finally! My turn to have you all to myself!” He flashed his eye smile. You smiled back. *He’s just like a child! Even though we’re the same age.*  Now that you think about it, you’ve never really asked him about his parents, or where he came from. Since this was an opportunity to do so, you went ahead and asked him. However, you kind of regretted afterwards.

 

Sehun’s expression changed after hearing your question. He looked out of the window, thinking. *Why did she ask about them all of a sudden? Why must she always spoil the atmosphere? Well, now that she’s living with us, I guess it’s just right for her to know.*

 

 

“Oppa, I’m so sorry I asked. I should have been more sensitive. Forget I said anything.” You hurriedly say, after noticing his expression. However, he just smiled at you and shook his head. “Ani, it’s fine. You have the right to know anyway.” You looked at him worriedly. “Are you sure?” He nodded.

 

“I left my home 2 years ago. My parents were making preparations for me to inherit my dad’s company. You see, I come from a really rich family.” He laughed in embarrassment. “But, I don’t care about wealth, or riches. And I’m not interested in my dad’s company. I just want to dance you see. I love dancing. And 2 years ago, I met Kai. He was doing some freestyle on the streets and there was a crowd. I was amazed by him and asked him to teach me some moves. That’s when we became good friends.”

 

You nodded. *So that’s why they’re both so close. And are good dancers too.* ”And then we met Suho hyung. And he took us in. Kai and him couldn’t get along at first. Kai wanted the biggest room, saying he needs the space to move around. In the end, hyung gave in and gave Kai his own bedroom.” Sehun sighed and shook his head. You couldn’t help but giggle. *Typical Kai. Such a princess.* Sehun smiled and clapped his hands together. “So that’s how we ended up with Suho hyung.”

 

 

“I see. So I guess Chanyeol, D.O and Baekhyun oppa were taken in by Suho oppa too?” Sehun nodded and ruffled your hair. “Yeap, but I’m not telling you why.” He smirked. You pouted. *Damn, he knew what I wanted to ask.* “Ahhh wae?!” Sehun pinched your cheek. “Well first of all, I’m too lazy and I think they’d rather tell you themselves. And secondly my cute Japanese friend, we’ve arrived at the beach! Time to alight! Ka ja!” Sehun stood up from his seat and offered his hand to you. You willingly took it. All of you alighted and you were greeted by the smell of the ocean and the gentle sea breeze. “Uwaa~ Bada-da! (sea)” Hae Ra squealed. She was already wearing her sun hat and sunglasses. For you, it's the first time after months of not seeing the ocean. You can’t wait to feel the sand beneath your feet. “Hey guys, I’ve booked rooms for us at the lodging area. We have to go and check in.” Kris said and he lead the way. You raised your eyebrows. “Apparently, the owner of the lodging area belongs to a close friend of Kris’ dad.” Luhan whispered to you. *Ahh, I see. So that explains. For a moment I thought he was some wealthy kid. Or maybe…he is one.* You shook the thoughts out of your head and followed the rest.

 


 

 

Ppyong!
Sorry for the really really REALLY slow update guys! The second semester of school has been hell. Work after work. 
날 미치게! And I have exams coming up in another two weeks so I have to study. If I don't get my GPA up to a 3.5, my dad's gonna kill me. Aigoo...plus, I've been sick for a whole week now, there were problems at home so I had to deal with them first. I'm already writing the next chapter though so I hope to update a bit faster than before. 

 

Mianhe! And I think I might have lost some subbies too T.T Ah wae???? Come back please? :3

제발 돌아와요!!!! ᅲ.ᅲ