Puppet with Strings.

My Kareshi And I.

"5, 6, 7, 8!"

 

"Alright good job everyone! Now that we're done with this choreography, I have another announcement to make." 

 

The five of you sat on the floor, panting and sweating. Your clothes were literally drenched. The concert for the school's anniversary was getting closer and you had dance practice almost everyday. You took your towel and wiped your sweat on your face, even though it was already damped from sweat. 

 

"What..announcement?" Sehun said in between breaths. He was fanning himself with his hands. 

 

Greg, your dance instructor, had a smile on his face. "Well, since all of you are fast learners and talented, I decided that you guys should have another performance." All of you were stunned. *Another performance? What does he mean?* Greg cleared his throat to get your attention. "I want you guys to for a team and come up with your own choreography to show to the school during the concert."

 

"MWOH?!" The five of you said in unison. "But hyung! The concert isn't that far away! How are we supposed to come up with a new choreography by ourselves?!" Lay said, no, he was practically shouting at Greg. Instead, Greg just smiled and collected his stuff and headed towards the door. "You guys are a talented bunch, you'll figure it out." He gave a cheeky smile before exiting the room. The five of you lie on the cold hard floor. 

 

"Unbelievable." Xiu Min said. The rest of you nodded. Kai suddenly sat up. "So, who is going to be in who's team?" At that moment, Lay and Xiu Min gave each other a suspicious smile. "Sehun, Lay and I will be one. You and Ryoko can form the other team." You sat up, surprised by their decision. You actually don't mind being a team with Kai but...*He's a jerk.* You thought to yourself. Kai on the other hand, was shocked. "But I want to be in the same team as the hyungs!" You looked at Kai. *Now why do I feel a little bit offended here?* Lay and Xiu Min chuckled. "Yah, you'll thank us later." And with that, the both of them stood up. "Come on Sehun, we'll discuss what we're going to do for the performance." Sehun pouted and slowly stood up. *I wanted to be in the same team as Ryoko. Don't I get a chance to choose? Being the maknae .* 

 

The three of them left the studio and it was only you and Kai left. Kai sighed in frustration. You cleared your throat. "It's fine if you don't want to dance with me you know. We could always do a solo." You said in a sulky tone. *Why do I feel disappointed with him?*  Kai sighed and looked at you. "No..let's....let's dance together." You instantly smiled. "Really? Great! So what are we doing? Any ideas?" Kai shrugged and stood up to get his stuff from the bench. "We'll think about it when we get home okay? It's getting late. You don't want to worry Suho hyung like the last time. I'll wait for you at the gate." He grabbed his bags and left without even looking back. *Relax yourself Kai. This is your chance to get closer to Ryoko. Don't disappoint.* Kai told himself and headed to the showers.

 

You pouted. *He doesn't seem to like it.* You shook the thought and decided to quickly bathe. *Wouldn't want oppa to worry about me again. I still feel guilty when I think about it.* You turned off all the lights in the studio and headed for the girl's shower room. It was empty since it was already late. You placed your bags with your spare clothes in the locker and took your towel and headed to one of the showers. While you were showering, you thought you heard someone entering the shower. *Hmm, must be someone practicing 'till late too.* You thought to yourself. Once you're done, you wrapped your white towel around your body and went out towards the lockers. 

 

But to your surprise, your bag was missing. "Huh? I thought I put it here." You looked around but your bag still wasn't found. *That's strange. It couldn't have disappeared unless..* "Looking for this?" Your eyes widened. *That voice...* Slowly you turned around and to your horror, Mi Young was there. She was leaning against the lockers, with your bag in one hand. "That..." You pointed to your bag with shaking fingers. Mi Young smirked and snapped her fingers. As if on cue, Ma Ri came from behind you and grabbed both your arms. You tried to retaliate. "You don't want the same thing to happen like the last time do you?" Ma Ri evilly whispered in your ear which sent shivers down your spine. You didn't want to go through the same excruciating pain like the last time and finally gave in. Ma Ri smiled. "That's a good girl."

 

"What do you want from me?" You gathered your courage to ask. Mi Young smirked and sat on the nearby bench while straightening her neatly ironed skirt. she dropped your bag on the floor as though it was a piece of trash. Right then Mi Young called someone else. "Hae Ra yah! Come here!" You blinked. *Hae..Hae Ra? Who's that?* From the corner of your eyes, you noticed someone entering the shower. A small petite girl who looked like she was about your age, or maybe younger, walked towards Mi Young. *She was the other girl who's always following Mi Young. So her name's Hae Ra?* Hae Ra bowed to Mi Young. "You..you called Mi Young-ssi?" You furrowed your eyebrows. *She seemed..scared for some reason. I wonder why.*

 

"Hae Ra yah, where is he?" *He? Who is she talking about?* "He just left with the rest. But I think one of them is waiting for her so I think you should hurry." Mi Young nodded and patted her head. "You did a good job." Hae Ra showed a weak smile. *Something's not right here. It's like, she's afraid of Mi Young. But...why?* Right then, Mi Young cleared . She stood up and slowly walked towards you before pinching your cheeks, hard. "You see...I don't want you. I need you." 

 

You gulped. "The person that I want is someone that you know." "W-who?" You asked, aware that your voice was trembling. Mi Young let go of your cheeks and tossed her hair to the side. "Byun. Baek. Hyun." She said with an evil grin. *B-Baekhyun oppa?* "I'll explain to you the next time. Right now, I need you to keep this a secret from..the others. And if anyone does find out about this, well, you'll know what will happen right?" Ma Ri tightened her grip on your arms and you winced at the pain. You slowly nodded and Ma Ri let go of you. Mi Young patted your head with a satisfied smile. "You did well." 

 

"Let's go girls." Mi Young left the room, followed by Ma Ri. You fell to the floor, panting. It took a while for you to realize that Hae Ra was still there. The both of you made eye contact. She gave you a faint smile and bowed. Something about the way she looked at you. It wasn't hate like how Mi Young and Ma Ri looks at you. It was..*Guilt.* You thought to yourself. You were about to open your mouth to ask her something when you heard Ma Ri. "Yah, Lee Hae Ra! What are you doing?!" Hae Ra looked startled. She bowed to you again and quickly left before you had a chance to ask anything. 

 

"What the hell just happened? It's like deja vu." You looked at the clock and quickly got dressed. "Kai oppa must be waiting for me." While you were dressing up, you can't help but think about what Mi Young said. "Byun. Baek. Hyun." *She likes Baekhyun oppa? Then what about Suho oppa? And what does it have to do with me? Should I tell Kai oppa?* Again, another thought occurred to you....And if anyone does find out about this, well, you'll know what will happen right?.... Mi Young's voice echoed in our head. *I can handle it myself I guess.*

 


 

"Yah, what took you so long? It's freezing out here!" Kai wrapped his arms over himself to keep warm even though he was already wearing a jacket. "Mianhe oppa, I had to take care of something." You smiled. *More like someone..* Luckily for you, Kai didn't bother to ask what it was and started walking without you. "Whatever. We better get home fast to make it for dinner, or else hyung is going to get mad again." You nodded and jogged up to him.

 

The journey home was quiet. Too quiet that it was awkward. *That's strange. It was fine when it was just me and Chanyeol oppa. How come it feels weird with Kai oppa?* You thought to yourself. *I wonder if oppa is feeling the same way too.* Sure enough, Kai was awkward. There were times he wanted to start a conversation but gave up because he didn't know what to talk about. *Don't be lame Kai. Think! Ah, that's right! The dance routine!*

 

"Listen, I-"
"Oppa, have you-"

 

The two of you stopped walking and looked at each other. After a few seconds the both of you let out a small laugh. "You go first." Kai said and the two of you continued to walk. You stopped laughing and cleared your throat. "Have you liked anyone before?" Kai blinked at you. "Why ask such a random question?" You shrugged. "Just..wondering. So, have you?" You looked at him with your big eyes. Kai gulped and cleared his throat. "I-I have not liked anyone." *But I think I might like you.* You pouted and nodded. *I guess he's of no help. Maybe I'll try and ask someone else later.* "Why did you ask? Do you happen to like someone right now?" *Is it Chanyeol hyung? They've gotten closer these few days. Or maybe with Baekhyun hyung, they're close too.* You laughed and playfully punched his shoulders. "Like I said, I was just wondering." 

 

Kai shook his head and ruffled your hair. "You're weird you know that?" *But I like it.* He thought to himself before entering the house. You sighed and nodded. *If only you knew why oppa. I wish I could tell you.*